The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

GUILTY... Stuart Hall, BBC personality and host of 'It's A Knockout', charged with rape/indecent assault on several girls, 27-46 years ago

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GUILTY... Stuart Hall, BBC personality and host of 'It's A Knockout', charged with rape/indecent assault on several girls, 27-46 years ago

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.01.13 23:56

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21154999

QUOTE: "The indecent assaults are alleged to have taken place between 1967 and 1986 on 10 girls aged between nine and 16".

It may be hard to persuade a jury after this length of time.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GUILTY... Stuart Hall, BBC personality and host of 'It's A Knockout', charged with rape/indecent assault on several girls, 27-46 years ago

Post by Guest on 23.01.13 0:01

I am truly shocked, you never can tell can you. I used to love Stuart Hall, and watched all the It's a Knockout programmes, I thought they were sooo funny., those big giants lumbering around, and his fits of laughter. His laughter was a tonic and always made me chuckle. I am truly shocked they have charged him........I have lost faith in humanity

Back to top Go down

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.01.13 0:11

candyfloss wrote:I am truly shocked, you never can tell can you. I used to love Stuart Hall, and watched all the It's a Knockout programmes, I thought they were sooo funny., those big giants lumbering around, and his fits of laughter. His laughter was a tonic and always made me chuckle. I am truly shocked they have charged him........I have lost faith in humanity
candyfloss, surely (if the charges are proved, they're only allegations at the moment), this would once again illustrate how many people can be both 'Dr Jekyll' and 'Mr Hyde' at the very same time?

Why, even Mafia drug-dealers and killers are nice to their family and pets.

There is something very disturbing about the cult of celebrity and the role the media play in all of this. Clarence Mitchell isn't called a 'Master Media Manipulator' for nothing. People like him alter public perception. The mass media - TV & films - are hugely influential, and the people we see on our screens are often media creations and very different in their private lives.

Stuart Hall, I agree, was a wonderful entertainer, perfect for 'It's A Knockout', and as I often listen to the football results at about 5pm on a Saturdauy, I enjoyed his Shakespeare-laden commentaries on matches.

Who really knows about the 'dark side' of all those celebrities we see every day on our screens?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GUILTY... Stuart Hall, BBC personality and host of 'It's A Knockout', charged with rape/indecent assault on several girls, 27-46 years ago

Post by stumo on 23.01.13 0:19

candyfloss wrote:I am truly shocked, you never can tell can you. I used to love Stuart Hall, and watched all the It's a Knockout programmes, I thought they were sooo funny., those big giants lumbering around, and his fits of laughter. His laughter was a tonic and always made me chuckle. I am truly shocked they have charged him........I have lost faith in humanity

I thought people were innocent until proven guilty....

I'm shocked too that they've charged Stuart Hall. I wonder when a bigger fish will be charged?

stumo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.01.13 0:30

@stumo wrote:

I'm shocked too that they've charged Stuart Hall. I wonder when a bigger fish will be charged?

I didn't say he was guilty, did I, I said I was shocked they have charged him.

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 23.01.13 0:46

[/quote]

I'm shocked too that they've charged Stuart Hall. I wonder when a bigger fish will be charged?[/quote]

The bigger fish swim in tanks with thicker sides - they are better protected!

listener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stumo on 23.01.13 9:15

candyfloss wrote:
@stumo wrote:

I didn't say he was guilty, did I, I said I was shocked they have charged him.

Sorry Candyfloss, you didn't say he was.

stumo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind on 23.01.13 11:01

People being *innocent until proven guilty* is kind of a misnomer really, a back slapping exercise by the judicial system and propaganda thrown out by defence attorneys. There is in fact sufficient evidence to infer they have committed a crime and the evidence is beyond mere suspicion, sufficient to charge and bring them before a court of law where a jury of their peers will decide officially on their guilt or not. Unfortunately the jury never ever get to hear all the evidence, if they did, there would be considerably less people walking innocently away. It would in my opinion be more accurate to say that until a trial verdict is reached, a person charged with an offence is neither innocent nor guilty.

I’m not saying innocent people don’t get charged they do either through ineptitude or dishonesty but it isn’t the norm and usually doesn’t involve more than one offence (TIC scandals accepted).

We are not talking of one offence here. One allegation of rape and fourteen indecent assaults on top of the three he’s already pleaded not guilty to – and tis a fact most crime of this nature goes unreported. There is a consistency in that bar one, the victims are aged between 8 and sixteen.

Likely there will be no forensic evidence and the jury who once again will undoubtedly be starved of the full facts will be asked to make a decision based on the word of these victims against this one man which essentially, save the detail, is the position we ourselves are in now.

If there once stood a house and now in its place is a pile of cinders and smouldering rubble, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to infer there had been a fire.

So yes, I agree, he hasn't had opportunity to try to prove his innocence, something which legally he doesn't have to do, but neither have the prosecution or all these victims had opportunity to try to prove his guilt.

monkey mind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind on 23.01.13 11:17

His arrest came as a result of Yew Tree along with a number of other has been celebrities.

Was their remit to only investigate pensioners off the telly box?

Are we to believe it was a domain preserved for a generation of old and the current batch is squeaky clean?

Let us not forget Saville boasted of lunching with Margaret Thatcher every Xmas for ten years in a cabinet now rumoured (and previously reported) to be rife with paedophiles. He moved at the very highest echelons of power, in the most mysterious of ways yet despite pulling celebrities from the hat not a sniff of a politician has Yew Tree produced.

http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/give-my-love-to-your-ladies-in-scotland/

monkey mind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.01.13 18:11

BBC presenter Stuart Hall questions the police's 'clear pursuit of celebrities' after being charged with historic sex offences

• Hall's solicitor Louise Straw spoke on his behalf outside his Cheshire home
  • 'The clear pursuit of celebrities - an 83-year-old in this instance - raises concerns about fairness and equal treatment,' she said
  • Broadcaster accused of raping a woman in 1976, who was then aged 22
  • Also charged with 14 indecent assault offences against ten girls aged 9-16
  • Arrested yesterday after attending appointment with Lancashire Police
  • Hall was charged in December with indecently assaulting three other girls
  • Veteran BBC man is known for his eccentric football commentaries

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2267025/BBC-presenter-Stuart-Hall-questions-polices-clear-pursuit-celebrities-charged-historic-sex-offences.html#ixzz2Ip70HHEB

[snipped]

'None of the complainants thought fit to report any of these matters to the authorities over the last three to four decades. This raises a number of serious issues.

'The clear pursuit of celebrities - an 83-year-old in this instance- raises concerns about fairness and equal treatment.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.01.13 19:36

I don't care if a person is a celebrity or a government minister or a 'swarthy' foreign looking individual or a family member. I don't care if they are 25 years old or 85 years old. I simply don't care.

What I do care about is that the charges against people are legitimate. What I do care about is that the police and CPS in my country treat every single case with the reverence it deserves. What I do care about is that my government does not interfere with my police and my CPS in the execution of their duties to me as a citizen and allows them to charge people no matter who they are or what connections they have. What I do care about is that my government, my police and my CPS show themselves to serve without prejudice.

Am I hoping for too much?...you're bloody right I am.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind on 23.01.13 19:43

@aquila wrote:I don't care if a person is a celebrity or a government minister or a 'swarthy' foreign looking individual or a family member. I don't care if they are 25 years old or 85 years old. I simply don't care.

What I do care about is that the charges against people are legitimate. What I do care about is that the police and CPS in my country treat every single case with the reverence it deserves. What I do care about is that my government does not interfere with my police and my CPS in the execution of their duties to me as a citizen and allows them to charge people no matter who they are or what connections they have. What I do care about is that my government, my police and my CPS show themselves to serve without prejudice.

Very well said clapping

monkey mind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 23.01.13 22:02

If he has done what he has been charged with then he needs to be given a good dose of porridge however old he is.

I expect these woman (who were mainly little girls when he allegedly sexually assaulted them) felt more comfortable to come forward after the JS case.

People have been avidly encouraged to come forward no matter how historical the crime may be.

These low lifes have been living a happy 'upstanding' life while their victims lives have been sullied and spoilt by the actions of a pervert.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 24.01.13 9:27

@aquila wrote:I don't care if a person is a celebrity or a government minister or a 'swarthy' foreign looking individual or a family member. I don't care if they are 25 years old or 85 years old. I simply don't care.

Voted best post of the day!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.01.13 9:37

Aquila but sadly at present I feel that there's more chance of me being the next Pope than there is of wrongdoers with friends in high places being brought to justice!

All hail to Pope Jean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.05.13 10:25

BBC has broken the news just now that STUART HALL has pleaded GUILTY to 13 SEXUAL ASSAULTS.
From fame to shame

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 02.05.13 10:38

MJC wrote:BBC has broken the news just now that STUART HALL has pleaded GUILTY to 13 SEXUAL ASSAULTS.
From fame to shame
We were told that he STRENUOUSLY DENIED all the allegations weren't we?
Sort of messes it up for everyone else who is strenuously denying . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 02.05.13 10:49

Chris Huhne stood outside court denying the charges against him. Almost exactly a year later, he pleaded GUILTY at the start of his trial.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 02.05.13 11:40

@ShuBob wrote:Chris Huhne stood outside court denying the charges against him. Almost exactly a year later, he pleaded GUILTY at the start of his trial.
More than 70% of defendants plead guilty, both in Magistrates' and Crown Court.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.05.13 11:47

...and before he is labelled 'a dirty old man' he was 37 - 56 years old when these offences for which he has pleaded guilty to occurred.

ETA. Congratulations to the victims who were brave enough to come forward, the police and the CPS. Now let's see what the sentence is.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.05.13 12:04

Police Senior Investigating Officer and Chief Prosecution Lawyer for the North-West both give interviews on this BBC video, describe Stuart Hall as 'an opportunistic predator'.

1 charge of rape not to be proceeded with; three other allegations of indecent assault not proceeded with:

Pleaded guilty to 14; pleaded not guilty to 4 allegations.

He groomed victims and waited for his moment.

Interviews can be seen here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22381191

Back to top Go down

Dirty old men, Stuart Hall, and the Prophet Mohammed

Post by Guest on 02.05.13 12:20

@aquila wrote:...and before he is labelled 'a dirty old man' he was 37 - 56 years old when these offences for which he has pleaded guilty to occurred.

BBC on Stuart Hall today:

As the years went on, his victims became younger. He abused the nine-year-old while in his 50s.

Wikipedia on the Prophet Mohammed's marriage to Aisha (youngest of his 16 wives):

According to traditional sources, Aisha was six or seven years old when she was betrothed to Muhammad and was nine when the marriage was consummated. Muhammad was 53 or 54 years old at the time of the marriage.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 02.05.13 12:34

From the CPS statement:

Stuart Hall will be sentenced on 17 June at Preston Crown Court after
pleading guilty to 14 indecent assaults. Nazir Afzal, Chief Crown
Prosecutor for CPS North West, said:

“We prosecuted Stuart Hall because the evidence of the victims clearly
established a pattern of behaviour that was unlawful and for which no
innocent explanation could be offered.

“His victims did not know each other and almost two decades separated
the first and last assaults but almost all of the victims, including one
who was only nine at the time of the assault, provided strikingly
similar accounts. Whether in public or private, Hall would first
approach under friendly pretences and then bide his time until the
victim was isolated. He can only be described as an opportunistic
predator.”

Hall admitted the 14 offences at a hearing on 16 April. Reporting
restrictions were in place while the CPS considered whether a charge of
rape should proceed to trial. Mr Afzal continued:

“We have this week met with the woman who alleged that she had been
raped by Stuart Hall, a charge which he has denied. The welfare of
complainants is a top priority for us and we always take their concerns
into account. In light of the guilty pleas already entered, the
complainant no longer wishes to give evidence on the allegation of rape,
and we have concluded that it would not be in the public interest to
take steps to make her give evidence in court. As such, we will not be
proceeding with this charge.

“I would like to thank the victims for having had the bravery to come
forward. This case clearly shows that the victims of abuse will not be
denied justice by the passage of time and abusers will be held to
account.”

http://blog.cps.gov.uk/2013/05/stuart-hall-faces-sentencing-for-14-indecent-assaults.html

He should have hired Clarence Mitchell.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 02.05.13 12:39

@ShuBob wrote:
He should have hired Clarence Mitchell.
And Carter-Ruck ! They might have threatened the victims with impoverishment, and forced them to give undertakings not to repeat the allegations . . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 02.05.13 12:42

Be sure your sin will find you out.

Who's next?

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum