The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Royal Prank Call Nurse 'Commits Suicide'

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Royal Prank Call Nurse 'Commits Suicide'

Post by Guest on 15.12.12 21:30

I'm not quite sure about the details of how it's possible, littlepixie, but that's what happened to a family member of mine. He was found kneeling on the ground with a rope tied to a low tree branch.

Ironically I had read an article only a month or so earlier about the circumstances of Michael Hutchence's death (I don't believe he intended to kill himself, by the way) or I wouldn't have thought that such a thing was possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 16.12.12 0:36

I would never have thought of hanging myself with a scarf tied to a wardrobe door as it is very rare. So I was wondering whether Jacintha got the idea from researching how to commit suicide from the internet and found this case:

"Parents' agony after daughter, 15, is found hanged in her bedroom after relentless bullying at hands of classmates

Her death has sparked an online campaign to end bullying and several Facebook pages have been dedicated to her

11 May 2012
Comments (57)

A 15-year-old girl who committed suicide after being tormented by her classmates has spurred an online campaign to stop bullying.

Lana Swoape, of Bloomington, Indiana, found her daughter Tori Nakol Swoape hanging from a scarf in her bedroom on Monday night.

The sophomore was resuscitated and taken to Riley Hospital for Children where she was placed on life support - but she tragically died on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2143096/Girl-15-hanging-scarf-bedroom-enduring-relentless-bullying-classmates.html#ixzz2FAam3cWG

I have also previously thought that you would have to be totally suspended but that is not the case.

"Information on degree of suspension was available for 149 cases. Seventy-eight of these (52.4%) were found totally suspended (both feet above the ground). In about one-quarter (35 out of 149, 23.5%) the subjects were suspended with their feet touching the ground, in 11 cases (7.4%) they were kneeling, in 13 lying (8.7%) and in 7 seated (4.7%). The precise position was unclear in a further 5 cases involving partial suspension (3.4%)."

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/186/3/260.full

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 16.12.12 1:02

Reading comments on the internet about suicide, it appears that many of us do not really understand it including me so I found this article:

CBN.com – Dispelling the Myths about Suicide

Suicide accounts for relatively few deaths in the United States. False
Every seventeen minutes, someone in the United States commits suicide. Each day approximately 86 Americans commit suicide, and 1,500 people attempt suicide. Suicide is the nation's eighth leading cause of death. For those 15-24 years of age, suicide is the third leading cause of death. More Americans, an estimated 31,000, kill themselves than are killed by homicide.

For every completed suicide, there are twenty-five attempted suicides. An estimated 750,000 suicide attempts annually affect the lives of millions of family members. The number of survivors grows 186,000 each year. For every suicide, at least six other people's lives are affected.

Talking about suicide will plant the idea in a depressed person's mind. False
This is not an accurate assumption because a depressed person has usually considered suicide long before it is mentioned by someone else. This myth is one that costs more lives than it saves. A suicidal individual is actually relieved that someone has finally noticed his pain. Talking about suicide decreases the troubled person's vulnerability by reducing his isolation. A person isolated in his pain is much more likely to commit suicide.

People who talk about suicide usually don't follow through with it. False
Suicidal people really want help more than they want to die. Talking about killing themselves is a cry for help. Many people through fear and ignorance do not acknowledge this cry for help and refuse to get involved. You can be sure that when someone talks about suicide, they are seriously considering it.

Most suicides occur without warning. False
It may seem a suicide has occurred without warning, but usually some sort of suicidal gesture has taken place prior to the act. Any of the following are clues to a suicidal mindset: withdrawal, moodiness, depression, aggression or risk-taking, alcohol and drug abuse, eating disorders, personality changes, threats, giving away possessions, and diminished sexual interest. Although it may appear to the family that the event was without warning, usually a psychological autopsy of the suicide victim reveals suicidal precursors.

The tendency toward suicide is inherited. False
There is no genetic predisposition to suicide. However, suicides do tend to run in families. Suicide has a hugely negative affect on surviving family members, which sometimes leads to suicidal thoughts or attempts on their part. Suicidal behavioral patterns do seem to follow family lines.

If there is no note, it was not a suicide. False
Approximately two thirds of those who commit suicide do not leave a note.

When depression lifts, suicide is no longer a concern. False
When a depressed person experiences a period of apparent improvement, his overall condition may actually be one of greater danger. Improvement may be a result of resolving to go ahead with suicide and relief that the struggle of making the decision is over.

A suicidal person cannot be talked out of it if he is intent on dying. False
Almost every suicidal person is struggling with the decision to live or die. There are usually two internal voices shouting "yes" and "no." All it may take to save a life is for a concerned family member or friend to step in and show interest in the suicidal person's struggle. For a person wavering between choosing life or death, a concerned, compassionate, external voice can tip the scales to the side of choosing to live. However, there are some situations where no matter how hard an intervener tries, the person is past the point of no return.

Women threaten suicide, but only men follow through with it. False
Although women make far more suicidal gestures than men, they attempt suicide 3 to 1, but usually chose slower acting, less lethal methods, such as prescription medications, thus increasing their chance or rescue and survival. Men make far more attempts. Suicidal behavior in men seems to be more lethal. Men complete suicide about 3 to 1 because they are more likely to use faster acting, more lethal means, such as guns or cars. That probably explains why more men actually commit suicide. Men try harder.

Only certain people are the suicidal type. False
Although some people are at higher risk of committing suicide, there is no suicidal personality type. Suicide tends to be a cross-cultural phenomenon affecting all socio-economic groups.

Only insane or "crazy" people commit suicide. False
A person who thinks about or tries to commit suicide is not necessarily insane. It is possible for negative thought patterns and depression to overtake anyone to the point of wanting to end it all. If someone in your family committed suicide, that doesn't make the person or you crazy. Sadly, this stigma is still attached to many surviving families in our society.

People who commit suicide haven't sought medical help prior to the attempt. False
Many times physical ailments accompany depression. Suicidal people often seek medical treatment for physical problems before an attempt. Some seek counseling but get discouraged when they don't see immediate results and discontinue counseling.

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/biblestudyandtheology/perspectives/arrington_suicide_myths.aspx

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.12.12 9:17

Thanks for posting that, Estelle. Before I was directly affected by a suicide, I was one of those who said that anyone who killed themself was selfish, not thinking of anyone else.

Now I can only feel compassion for anyone who is in such a terrible state that they can see no other way out.

I am doing my best to help another family member who has severe depression and shows all the signs of going the same way; it is very distressing at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 16.12.12 11:01

Is this the truth that now has to come out? Would this other colleague have a motive for murder? It looks as if Jacintha could have then felt punished as she was the one put on the night shift answering phone calls and her undisciplined subordinate put on the better day shift?

"THE nurse who killed herself after taking a prank call for the Duchess of Cambridge had been involved in a long-running "personal disagreement" with a colleague, Scotland Yard has been told.

Just days before her death,Jacintha Saldanha, a 46-year-old mother of two, had formally complained of her “disappointment” that managers at King Edward VII's Hospital had failed to take firm action against a fellow staff member.

The new evidence suggests for the first time that Saldanha had been troubled before the hoax call was made by Australian radio station 2Day FM.

Saldanha told managers she was “unhappy” that following an internal inquiry they had decided not to discipline her colleague, who was thought to have been a subordinate. She was upset that hospital managers had instead decided to order the two nurses to work on separate shifts."

"Until now it had been thought that this criticism might relate to the hospital's treatment of her following the hoax call. The new evidence suggests Saldanha was in an unhappy state before falling victim to the prank.

One insider said: “Jacintha was involved in a personal disagreement with a colleague several weeks before the prank call. The hospital had decided not to take any formal action but to put the two nurses on separate shifts.

“Jacintha made clear her disappointment and that she was not happy. She felt the hospital should have taken a tougher line. She was critical of that.”

Detectives are reviewing this information along with hospital documents received and sent by Saldanha in the days before and after the hoax call.

In one email, sent shortly after the hospital learnt the call taken by Saldanha had been a prank, a matron at the hospital told her: “Don't worry.”

The insider said: “The deputy matron and one other hospital manager also spoke to her (Saldanha) to tell her not to worry and that there would be no disciplinary action.”

John Lofthouse, the hospital's chief executive, has insisted the nurse was treated well after the hoax. However, sources said Saldanha had been told she would have to attend a meeting with her managers the following week to discuss what had happened. “It was not a disciplinary meeting but to discuss what lessons could be learnt,” said the source."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226537709418

Jacintha was probably blamed having been put on that shift otherwise she would not have answered that call. Also, she might have felt that the hospital favoured the subordinate. Jacintha had possibly been bullied by her. She apparently named two colleagues who had upset her.

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 16.12.12 11:11

More than two thirds of Australians don't think DJs were to blame for nurse's death, new poll reveals
Australian newspapers claim UK press is on a 'witch-hunt' following the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha
Radio company Austereo describes the media backlash to Mrs Saldanha's death as 'ferocious'
Many Australian Sunday papers called for presenters Michael Christian and Mel Greig to be absolved of any blame

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ian-blame.html

Do you think that the hospital should have been more transparent about the fact that Jacintha was unhappy with her subordinate? Or did they not want to reveal this until it was absolutely necessary as it puts the blame on them for not handling and resolving the workplace dispute in a proper manner? My guess is that the husband knew about this dispute hence his questions to the hospital last Tuesday that have gone unanswered. But it appears an "insider" or one of them has leaked this information to the media wanting to be unnamed. IMO they have definitely tried to cover this up and mounted the witch-hunt to blame the DJs.

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.12.12 13:04

Estelle, the link above isn't correct.

The only story I can find in the Mail today is this one which claims that one note did put blame on the DJs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2248794/Tragic-suicide-note-DJs-written-nurse-royal-hoax-I-hold.responsible.html

I'm still mystified why there has been no mention of the nurse who actually gave out information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.12.12 13:08

@Estelle wrote:More than two thirds of Australians don't think DJs were to blame for nurse's death, new poll reveals
Australian newspapers claim UK press is on a 'witch-hunt' following the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha
Radio company Austereo describes the media backlash to Mrs Saldanha's death as 'ferocious'
Many Australian Sunday papers called for presenters Michael Christian and Mel Greig to be absolved of any blame

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ian-blame.html

Do you think that the hospital should have been more transparent about the fact that Jacintha was unhappy with her subordinate? Or did they not want to reveal this until it was absolutely necessary as it puts the blame on them for not handling and resolving the workplace dispute in a proper manner? My guess is that the husband knew about this dispute hence his questions to the hospital last Tuesday that have gone unanswered. But it appears an "insider" or one of them has leaked this information to the media wanting to be unnamed. IMO they have definitely tried to cover this up and mounted the witch-hunt to blame the DJs.

Tend to agree with your last paragraph Estelle, particularly as I read a couple of comments from people who either worked at the hospital or knew someone who did and the comments described bullying going on. I don`t think its as simple as blaming one thing/person or another, obviously its a combination of the hospital, the DJs, Jacintha`s personality and maybe the royals and their entourage. But I still think its very odd that the family have not received the original copies of the suicide notes - even if they could not be placed in a photocopier for forensic reasons, there will come a time when they can be. Another thing that makes me suspicious of the hospital is their rush to blame the Aussie radio station. Together with the comments I`ve read, it seems the management or whole tone of the hospital heirarchy is punitive.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 16.12.12 13:24

Jean wrote:Estelle, the link above isn't correct.

The only story I can find in the Mail today is this one which claims that one note did put blame on the DJs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2248794/Tragic-suicide-note-DJs-written-nurse-royal-hoax-I-hold.responsible.html

I'm still mystified why there has been no mention of the nurse who actually gave out information.

That's very interesting as it's been removed. It was there this morning Sydney time. Obviously lawyers got on to it.

My latest theory on the nurse is that she was an actor or the subordinate with whom Jacintha had a dispute. IMO all they did was record Jacintha answering the phone. I am suspicious that this subordinate might have given the DJ's the phone no and set Jacintha up to be duped as a revenge.

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 16.12.12 13:44

["Woofer"]

Tend to agree with your last paragraph Estelle, particularly as I read a couple of comments from people who either worked at the hospital or knew someone who did and the comments described bullying going on. I don`t think its as simple as blaming one thing/person or another, obviously its a combination of the hospital, the DJs, Jacintha`s personality and maybe the royals and their entourage. But I still think its very odd that the family have not received the original copies of the suicide notes - even if they could not be placed in a photocopier for forensic reasons, there will come a time when they can be. Another thing that makes me suspicious of the hospital is their rush to blame the Aussie radio station. Together with the comments I`ve read, it seems the management or whole tone of the hospital heirarchy is punitive.[/quote]

I think that this was workplace bullying.

It appears to me that instead of resolving the dispute, all the hospital did was to put them on different shifts so they would not have to work with each other.

In retaliation, I suspect that the subordinate could have given the DJ's the hospital phone no to phone when Jacintha was on reception to retaliate and to shame Jacintha in the hospital's eyes. They simply recorded Jacintha answering the phone and put it together at the studio.

The DJs said, "we were given a no." They have never said who by. The second nurse sounds like a fake. Jacintha realises this and the hospital tells her, "Don't worry."

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 16.12.12 16:30

Jean wrote:
Jean, I think it's because she is not dead and her identity is of no public interest. People make mistakes all the time in their workplace, some are trivial, others more serious. But it really is none of our business to know, with few exceptions such as if it involves national security, it puts our lives at some risk or where a public warning could lessen the potential damage it might inflict on us.

I wish people would stop speculating about Jacintha Saldanha's death and allow her family the dignity to mourn her passing in private.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on 16.12.12 16:41

Prank calls to any hospital is not on. Why would anyone even consider it?

A prank call aimed at a poorly pregnant woman in hospital just so that it can be aired on a radio station is even worse, royal or not.

If the DJs hadn't targetted a sick pregnant woman then Jacintha would still be alive.

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShabbyTiger on 16.12.12 19:25

@happychick wrote:Prank calls to any hospital is not on. Why would anyone even consider it?

A prank call aimed at a poorly pregnant woman in hospital just so that it can be aired on a radio station is even worse, royal or not.

If the DJs hadn't targetted a sick pregnant woman then Jacintha would still be alive.

Exactly. Did the publicity-hungry pigs from 2Day FM treat Jacintha and her colleague as human beings? No. All they gave a shit about was ratings and publicity. They didnt give a toss that they would have got two fellow human beings into serious trouble, if not sacked. All they cared about was their precious ratings. It's a shame that it took Jacintha's death for 2DAY FM to recognise that she was a human being. No sympathy whatsoever for the DJs or 2DAY FM who treated fellow human beings like pieces of shit. I hope they feel like shit every day for the rest of their lives.

ShabbyTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 16.12.12 20:27

I haven't really posted much on this subject (apart from setting morons on FB right on the fact the DOC was not 'just suffering morning sickness and should get a f***ing grip') BUT from the minute the 'suicide' was announced I had the same odd feeling as when MBM was reported 'abducted'. Nothing has changed that, the more I read the stronger I feel something is wrong. Its all too pat, too 'convenient'. I'm really interested in these 'facts' (if they are) :-
1)She hung herself (from what I understand, most (a vast majority) of female suicides use non-violent methods (eg pills) - will try to find figures
2)THREE suicide notes???
3)Typed notes given to husband. Another poster (sorry being on phone takes ages to go back) mentioned fingerprints on photocopies, I've never noticed fingerprints on anything I've copied? (Not saying it can't happen)

Whatever the truth I feel for her family :'( Such a waste x

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShabbyTiger on 16.12.12 20:40

@Nelly6969 wrote:[Here Here Tony - They had no clue to the outcome and i am sure they are truly devasteated, they meant no harm!

They meant no harm? How's about two nurses potentially getting into very serious trouble or even losing their jobs? Do you think that they viewed the nurses concerned as human beings who may have lost their jobs in their pathetic quest for ratings and publicity? It's a shame that they only realised that Jacintha was a human being after she had died. I hope that all concered from 2DAY FM feel like shit every day for the rest of their lives. They did not consider the harm to fellow human beings so they deserve all that they get.

ShabbyTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 17.12.12 3:22

@rainbow-fairy wrote:I haven't really posted much on this subject (apart from setting morons on FB right on the fact the DOC was not 'just suffering morning sickness and should get a f***ing grip') BUT from the minute the 'suicide' was announced I had the same odd feeling as when MBM was reported 'abducted'. Nothing has changed that, the more I read the stronger I feel something is wrong. Its all too pat, too 'convenient'. I'm really interested in these 'facts' (if they are) :-
1)She hung herself (from what I understand, most (a vast majority) of female suicides use non-violent methods (eg pills) - will try to find figures
2)THREE suicide notes???
3)Typed notes given to husband. Another poster (sorry being on phone takes ages to go back) mentioned fingerprints on photocopies, I've never noticed fingerprints on anything I've copied? (Not saying it can't happen)

Whatever the truth I feel for her family :'( Such a waste x

RF, I agree with you about having gut feelings the same as I had with MBM too. I suspected a faked or forced suicide covered up and my suspicions are growing stronger day by day. From the husband's comments, I think he is suspicious too. If you read some of the comments being made after articles in the Indian media, they suspect murder too. Why wasn't it set up as a murder scene straight away?

There are so many unanswered questions and suspicious cirumstances. The DJs have been made the scapegoats and the hospital is trying very hard to blame them. But this recording was only meant to be heard by Sydney radio listeners. Then the BBC got hold of it and kept broadcasting it. Otherwise, it would have died down by now. The BBC and the rest of the British media are more to blame than the DJs. It appears to me that their role has been to go on a witch-hunt for the DJs to brainwash the British public. Now more information has come out about the hospital, it is only non-Indian people living in the UK who are falling for blaming the DJs. The royals and hospital should have had better security and telephone protocols in place so that this could never have happened. I have never heard of a senior nurse being employed to man a switchboard even during the night shift! It sounds as if Jacintha could have been taken off nursing duties and put on the night shift to punish Jacintha for reporting her (probably) white British subordinate to senior management.

IMO an insider in the hospital must have given the DJs the phone no. because IMO it was not just a case of finding the phone no in the phone book and calling it. The beeps are not long enough to have been from Australia. I think about 13 digits would have had to be phoned and we do not hear that. This call could have been recorded at a different time. The nurse sounds like a fake actress with a pretendy snobby British accent who was almost giggling and playing her part but I never believed that she really thought she was talking to the queen. This could have been recorded at a different time by an actress and the whole thing put together for a laugh.

But the motive of the hospital insider IMO was to shame Jacintha who could have been that other nurse or she just told the DJs the phone no and when to phone so they could get Jacintha on the phone. I suspect that this hospital insider was the subordinate whom Jacintha had reported weeks before to senior management possibly for workplace bullying/racial discrimination and this could have been the insider's way of getting back at Jacintha.

IMO the DJs must have acted on inside knowledge especially if this was a non-listed number. They are in Australia not in London and would not have suspected that this would have got around the world and might not have known the motive of this insider who passed on the phone no. They wanted a laugh. She wanted revenge.

Statistically, female and hospital staff usually use non-violent methods and take the risk of stealing them from the hospital as they do not expect to live.

2)THREE suicide notes???

Only 25% of people who suicide, leave one suicide note - let alone three. Was Jacintha forced to write these notes or was the handwriting forged?

3)Typed notes given to husband. Another poster mentioned fingerprints on photocopies, I've never noticed fingerprints on anything I've copied? (Not saying it can't happen)

Why would finger prints on photocopies matter? Maybe fingerprints on the originals would matter. But the point is the husband should have been given photocopies of the originals so that he could have had the handwriting forensically examined in India while he is there. Another reason is that parts of the notes could have been omitted and IMO he has a right to know the full contents.

There are many more questions that many people have:

1. Has the CCTV footage near nurses quarters been checked?

2. Have police confirmed the scarf used was Jacintha's?

3. What was the cause of the wrist injury? People have assumed she must have slashed her wrists but were the injuries caused by someone or something else?

4. Any information about the wardrobe?

5. Was clothes bar strong enough to suspend body?

6. If it was typical of the sort found in other institutional live-in accommodation, I doubt the wardrobe would have been big or strong enough.

7. If she was hung from the wardrobe door, would it have been strong enough to hold her body?

8. Was she asphyxiated first and then placed as if she had hung herself with a scarf attached to the front of the wardrobe door with her just sitting on a chair. There would have been enough height otherwise?

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 17.12.12 6:12

According to Paul Burrell (see Lady Die) all royalty have codes. These codes would have been known by the security at the hospital.

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 17.12.12 6:16

Apparently, Lisha is Jacintha's adopted daughter. The real mother is Gladys, Jacintha's youngest sister.

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 17.12.12 6:19

Why is Jacintha still being blamed for giving out the information even by Reuters?

http://in.reuters.com/video/2012/12/...eoId=239756517

"Flowers left outside the family home of Jacintha Saldanha, the 46-year-old nurse who unwittingly revealed details of Kate's health to radio-show pranksters."

This misinformation is being spread to main stream media around the globe. Shoddy journalism? Or is it convenient for the powers that be as it lends more credence to the idea that she committed suicide?

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 17.12.12 8:24

Earlier, I posted extracts from a newspaper article that was later deleted from the online copy. Today, I have found the full article printed in an Indian newspaper.

Jacintha had ‘long-running disagreement’ with colleague

Note critical of senior staff of King Edward VII Hospital found among her papers: The Sunday Times

A note critical of the senior staff of King Edward VII Hospital found among nurse Jacintha Saldanha’s papers related to events before the hoax call controversy, according to The Sunday Times.

“The new evidence suggests for the first time that Saldanha had been troubled before the hoax call was made by an Australian radio station,” it said.

Initially, it was thought that the criticism related to the hospital’s treatment of Ms. Saldanha following the hoax call row. Three days after taking the call that led to medical details of the Duchess of Cambridge being disclosed to two Australian DJs, she was found hanging in her house.

The paper said Scotland Yard had been told that Saldanha had a long-running “personal disagreement” with a colleague. She reportedly formally complained of her “disappointment” that the hospital had failed to take firm action against a fellow staff member.

“Jacintha was involved in a personal disagreement with a colleague several weeks before the prank call. The hospital had decided not to take any formal action but to put the two nurses on separate shifts. Jacintha made clear her disappointment and that she was not happy. She felt the hospital should have taken a tougher line. She was critical of that,” it quoted an “insider” as saying.

The hospital said it stood by Saldanha’s handling of the call even though she did not strictly follow the procedure for dealing with calls for “high-profile” patients.

The “insider” also claimed that shortly after the hospital learnt about the call, a matron sent Saldanha an e-mail telling her: “Don’t worry.”

“The deputy matron and one other hospital manager also spoke to her [Saldanha] to tell her not to worry and that there would be no disciplinary action.”

Last week, the coroner leading an inquest into her death was told that Saldanha left three handwritten notes. One dealt with the hoax call, a second related to her funeral arrangements and a third, addressed to the hospital, contained criticism of the staff."

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/insider-says-jacintha-had-longrunning-disagreement-with-colleague/article4207693.ece

My guess is that the note complaining about the hospital could have been the one found in her possessions. It could have even been written before the hoax call. I would, therefore, not call it a "suicide note". But it give us a reason why she must have felt unsupported and unhappy about hospital management long before the hoax call.

Then, as a senior nurse, to be put on the night shift answering phone calls would have felt like punishment to her when she thought she was doing the right thing reporting a subordinate giving management reasons for their disagreement. This could have been workplace bullying or racial discrimination. Then the subordinate ends up with the better shift.

I am suspicious that someone in the hospital gave out that phone no to the DJs either directly or indirectly as you would expect it to be a silent no in order to embarrass Jacintha in retaliation.

IMO the only genuine part of that phone call was Jacintha's five words when she answered the call which could have been recorded by anyone at any time. The rest has been done by actors and the different pieces put together later thinking it was only to go to audiences in Sydney, Australia. However, probably this insider could have drawn attention to it in London and leaked it to the media to further upset Jacintha. Maybe Jacintha realised who might have given out the phone no and who would have had a reason for setting this up.

The other note about the hoax call was probably about her feelings about all this on the day it occurred hence her emails to management who again did nothing except to say, "Don't worry". Jacintha must have felt isolated as a result as if no one was listening to her.

The real suicide note was the one about her funeral arrangements. This could have been genuine, forged or Jacintha could have been forced to write it if it was a faked suicide. It appears that she may not have addressed her husband and children in this note which IMO seems strange.

Therefore, I would love to know who gave the DJs the phone no. If phoned from Australia, there should have been 13 nos dialled which there are not on the recording. Did someone in London record Jacintha's saying these 5 words and then send it to someone in Australia to give to a radio station to do what they wanted with it or was there a more direct sinister motive?

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.12 10:06

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252290/Royal-nurse-answered-Duchess-Cambridge-attempted-kill-twice-before.html

If this report is correct, there is more to the story than first thought. No surprise to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.01.13 11:26

Family of suicide nurse ask hospital 40 questions but get NO answers

• Jacintha Saldanha's family wrote to her employers King Edward VII Hospital

• Nurse committed suicide after transferring hoax call about Kate Middleton

• Family also received no answers from Australian radio station 2Day FM
  • DJs from station made the hoax call posing as the Queen and Prince Charles

By Abul Taher

PUBLISHED:22:02, 12 January 2013| UPDATED:23:34, 12 January 2013

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2261475/Family-suicide-nurse-Jacintha-Saldanha-ask-hospital-40-questions-NO-answers.html#ixzz2Hr0FvcKo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.03.13 17:53

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21940953

The inquest date has been set.

I wonder if Jacintha's domestic situation will be clarified - i.e. was she estranged or divorced from her husband? It could be relevant to her decision to end her life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.07.13 10:56

10 July 2013 Last updated at 08:49

Royal prank call DJ Mel Greig sues employer

Australian radio station 2Day FM presenter Mel Greig (left) and Michael Christian (right) Mel Greig and Michael Christian's prank call drew widespread coverage

A DJ behind a royal prank call linked to the death of a UK nurse has sued her employer, saying it failed to provide a safe workplace, local media say.

Mel Greig's lawyer said a complaint against Southern Cross Austereo had been lodged with Fair Work Australia.

She and her co-host made a prank call to the London hospital where the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge was being treated for morning sickness last year.

The nurse who answered the phone call was later found dead.

Australian Mel Greig remains off air in the wake of the incident, but co-host Michael Christian returned to work two months later.

"I can confirm that a general protections application has been filed with Fair Work Australia on behalf of Mel Greig against Southern Cross Austereo alleging the radio station failed to maintain a safe workplace,'' Ms Greig's lawyer, Steven Lewis, told local media in Australia.

"The matter will proceed to confidential conciliation under the Fair Work Act."

No further details of the complaint were available.

Fair Work Australia, the national workplace relations tribunal, said it would try a conciliation conference for the two parties, local media report.

If the issue cannot be resolved, Ms Grieg will have to seek legal recourse in a federal court.

Her employer has yet to issue a comment on the matter.

Nurse Jacintha Saldanha put the Australian DJs through to another nurse at the King Edward VII's Hospital in Marylebone, who gave an update on the duchess's condition - an incident that drew widespread media coverage in the UK.

Mrs Saldanha believed the DJs were the Queen and Prince Charles.

The 46-year-old wife and mother-of-two was found hanged three days later. An inquest into her death has yet to be held.

In February, the UK's Crown Prosecution Service decided there was insufficient evidence to charge Mr Christian and Ms Greig with manslaughter over Mrs Saldanha's death.

Ms Greig is expected to appear at the inquest into Mrs Saldanha's death, expected later this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23243308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.09.13 14:38

Royal Hoax Station Has 'Proof' Over Call
The radio station that hoaxed the Duchess of Cambridge's hospital says phone records show it tried to get permission to broadcast.

By Jonathan Samuels, Australia Correspondent

The Australian radio station that made a prank phone call to the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge has said it has proof it tried to get permission to broadcast the hoax.

Sydney Radio station 2Day FM says phone records show it called King Edward VII's hospital in London after recording the now infamous royal prank call.

A spokesman for 2Day FM, owned by Southern Cross Austereo, said the station had always maintained that four follow-up calls were made after DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian phoned the hospital on December 4, pretending to be the Queen and Prince of Wales.

However, the hospital has previously said it had no records of the calls being made

A 2Day FM spokesman told the AAP news agency: "It has been somewhat contentious for a while, but today 2Day FM has established through its phone logs and verification by the phone company that those calls were made to the hospital after the first call, which became known as the prank call."

Greig and Christian made the prank call to the hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated for severe morning sickness.

The presenters managed to dupe nurse Jacintha Saldanha, who transferred their call to another nurse.. 

That nurse then divulged private information about the Duchess.

Ms Saldanha committed suicide soon after the hoax was publicised.

The 2Day FM spokesman claims the follow-up calls were made around 30 minutes to an hour after the prank was recorded in an effort to seek permission to air the stunt.

The hoax was not aired until some hours later, he told AAP.

The comments come as Ms Saldanha's family prepares itself for an inquest into her death to be held in London next week.

The radio station's spokesman could not confirm whether the phone records had already been filed with the coroner, but said there was "no reason why they would have been withheld".

Grieg has not returned to work since the hoax call and recently announced she was taking legal action against the radio station.

She has also said she wants to take part in the inquest.

Christian is back on air at a radio station in Melbourne owned by the same parent company.

http://news.sky.com/story/1136835/royal-hoax-station-has-proof-over-call

Whats the Hospital's answer to the proof going to be?

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum