The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Elderly couple caught in drugs raid after innocently buying Cannabis plant at boot fair!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elderly couple caught in drugs raid after innocently buying Cannabis plant at boot fair!

Post by bristow on 08.10.12 11:18

Well, they were after a pot plant! Elderly couple caught up in drugs
raid after thriving shrub they bought at car boot sale turned out to be
a cannabis bush

An elderly couple have been busted for growing cannabis after unknowingly buying a plant at a car boot sale.Police who seized the bush in a drugs bust at the couple's Bedford home on Friday and said it was the biggest they had seen.

The couple were shocked to find that their carefully tended shrub was in fact a gigantic cannabis plant.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214208/Busted-Elderly-couple-caught-drugs-raid-thriving-shrub-bought-car-boot-sale-turned-cannabis-plant.html#ixzz28hXnWGIc

What do you reckon, had the neighbour grassed them up?

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Elderly couple caught in drugs raid after innocently buying Cannabis plant at boot fair!

Post by PeterMac on 08.10.12 11:37

In the Meadows, many years ago, we had a similar story. Archetypal little old lady was found with dozens of cannabis plants in the back garden.
She explained that a nice black man had volunteered to do her gardening for her, and planted "lots of lovely little Christmas trees". He even came round every week to prune them.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Elderly couple caught in drugs raid after innocently buying Cannabis plant at boot fair!

Post by Guest on 08.10.12 11:40

@PeterMac wrote:In the Meadows, many years ago, we had a similar story. Archetypal little old lady was found with dozens of cannabis plants in the back garden.
She explained that a nice black man had volunteered to do her gardening for her, and planted "lots of lovely little Christmas trees". He even came round every week to prune them.

Hilarious! I love to hear your 'day in the life of a copper' stories!

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.10.12 11:58

It wasn't all bad. There are fond memories and funny stories which one hopes blot out the rest .

They don't actually. I am interested that police officers have not started suing for Post traumatic stress disorder, merely for having done the job for 30 years.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.10.12 13:48

@bristow wrote:Well, they were after a pot plant! Elderly couple caught up in drugs
a cannabis bush

An elderly couple have been busted for growing cannabis after unknowingly buying a plant at a car boot sale.Police who seized the bush in a drugs bust at the couple's Bedford home on Friday and said it was the biggest they had seen.

The couple were shocked to find that their carefully tended shrub was in fact a gigantic cannabis plant.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214208/Busted-Elderly-couple-caught-drugs-raid-thriving-shrub-bought-car-boot-sale-turned-cannabis-plant.html#ixzz28hXnWGIc

I hope the plant wasn`t destroyed - they are beautiful looking plants. Many people grow them just for their beauty, not because they want to smoke the stuff.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 08.10.12 14:24

@Woofer wrote:
@bristow wrote:Well, they were after a pot plant! Elderly couple caught up in drugs
a cannabis bush

I hope the plant wasn`t destroyed - they are beautiful looking plants. Many people grow them just for their beauty, not because they want to smoke the stuff.

Is it in fact illegal to grow it for a pretty plant.
I thought you could make tea out of the leaves, and then use the stems to weave into hemp cloth.
If you're not using it for 'happier moments' and not passing it off to local policemen, judges just popping in, for personal reasons only, I thought it was supposed to be OK.
What a shame if not, it is so pretty, and looks really well looked after.
Perhaps the govt. ought to take pity on garden lovers and allow it to be grown under license, a bit like owning a gun-license or a dog license, to show that you are upfront about your desires and are prepared to use it and keep it responsibly.
Who, by the way, would have dobbed them in?
Someone jealous neighbour who hasn't got successful green fingers I suppose.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.10.12 14:39

I would not have recognized it before, but I do now that I've seen the image.
Not sure whether I can pick it out if it is a tiny one in a pot.
I am a keen gardener with green fingers and definitely won't mind this pretty specie in my garden.
That said, I also don't want to invite thief in my garden. I might get killed if I encounter the thief while he's in the middle of the digging. lol!
So maybe having it even under licence isn't that good an idea. Just a thought!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.10.12 14:55

@bobbin wrote:
@Woofer wrote:
a cannabis bush

Is it in fact illegal to grow it for a pretty plant.
I thought you could make tea out of the leaves, and then use the stems to weave into hemp cloth.
If you're not using it for 'happier moments' and not passing it off to local policemen, judges just popping in, for personal reasons only, I thought it was supposed to be OK.
What a shame if not, it is so pretty, and looks really well looked after.
Perhaps the govt. ought to take pity on garden lovers and allow it to be grown under license, a bit like owning a gun-license or a dog license, to show that you are upfront about your desires and are prepared to use it and keep it responsibly.
Who, by the way, would have dobbed them in?
Someone jealous neighbour who hasn't got successful green fingers I suppose.

I didn`t realise it was illegal to have a cannabis plant - years ago I had a lovely plant in my conservatory, it looked gorgeous and made the house smell lovely. No way was I into smoking the stuff - I like my mind to be in control, hence don`t like alcohol either. I can see why growing lots of the plants would lead the police to think one was selling the stuff, but can`t see the problem with just having one plant. What happens with people with arthritic conditions or in constant pain that use it for medicinal purposes - I suppose they would have to get a prescription from the doctor.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by statsman on 08.10.12 14:57

PeterMac

It wasn't all bad. There are fond memories and funny stories

I used to work in the Met Police civil staff and heard many such stories.

The best one I heard was when some mounted police from Kings Cross tables scraped up some elephant poo from Regents Park zoo and put it under one of their horses just before a vet's visit.

That's another version of being grassed up!

statsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 08.10.12 16:38

@aiyoyo wrote:I would not have recognized it before, but I do now that I've seen the image.
Not sure whether I can pick it out if it is a tiny one in a pot.
I am a keen gardener with green fingers and definitely won't mind this pretty specie in my garden.
That said, I also don't want to invite thief in my garden. I might get killed if I encounter the thief while he's in the middle of the digging. lol!
So maybe having it even under licence isn't that good an idea. Just a thought!

I never thought of that angle but, if the bit the robbers would be looking for are the 'buds' then you could cut them off the moment they start, to dissuade any trespassers, and just have the leaves and a plant looking so lovely.
You could even add to the notice on your door, you know, the one with 'no pamphlets, no beggars, no dogs, no salesmen' a big 'NO BUDS NEITHER'.
One of my favourite DVD's is 'Saving Grace' with Brenda Blethyn, a fabulous actress with so much of her own character.
Given the circumstances in which she found herself when her husband died, jumping from a small aircraft, she had a very resourceful idea, but with such consequences, lovely twists in the narrative. I won't give the game away.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum