The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Is this a first? Royals to sue French magazine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this a first? Royals to sue French magazine

Post by Guest on 14.09.12 19:46

Have the Royal family ever sued anyone before??? I don't think they have...............

14 September 2012 Last updated at 18:23

Topless Kate pictures: Duke and duchess sue French magazine Closer

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have launched legal action against the French magazine Closer over its publication of topless pictures of the duchess, Clarence House has said.

More below on link.............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19604535#

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this a first? Royals to sue French magazine

Post by ufercoffy on 14.09.12 20:08

Good! After what happened to his mum I don't blame him one bit.

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.09.12 20:21

Yes I agree, they were in a private location and this is way out of line.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 14.09.12 20:43

I think it is an absolute disgrace that pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge in whatever she was or was not wearing were published whilst she was on a private estate having a holiday. She doesn't court the media. She is pursued by the media and boy don't they love her. Slap Kate in a frock on your front page and watch the public lap it up (it used to be a different Kate with the same initials - KM that would achieve that). The French have privacy laws but the fines are apparently low so they are paid and the cost is minimal to the profits. I also think it is an insult to the British monarchy to seek out the Duchess of Cambridge who hasn't put a foot wrong in public life and to place her at the level of Princess Diana who actively tried to manipulate the media and Sarah Ferguson who was less than careful with her behaviour.

If the royals are to sue the publication that will only sell many more pages and the work this couple do is swept away in a media frenzy (unlike the McCanns whose litigation is dumbed down and paid for from donations). I hate gutter press. I'm saddened by the lack of privacy a person can expect. Shame on the French magazine is what I say. Destroy a hard-working person in public life who has done nothing to harm anyone, is learning the ropes and performing her role very well is a good thing!!!! What did she do to deserve this? Absolutely nothing in my book.

Sue the French press? What is the point? they have already done the damage and to sue them will make it worse. This is to my mind a major diplomatic problem. There's already been a major diplomatic problem with the death of Princess Diana in Paris. The French didn't get the Olympics. The French are a republic. The British press have been tenuously brought to book in the Leveson Inquiry and we all know that a certain family run the World Press and closed down a newspaper as a token gesture and all b*g*ered off back to US quickly. I wonder who runs Closer Magazine.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.09.12 21:20

This is the comment from the magazine in question.................

Laurence Pieau, editor of French magazine Closer

The magazine editor says the reaction is "disproportionate" and photos "are not degrading"

"One shouldn't over-dramatise these pictures. The reactions are a little disproportionate. What we saw in the pictures was a young couple that have just got married, who are in love, who are beautiful. She's a princess of the 21st century. They are on the terrace of a mansion in the south of France which is not far from a road along which cars pass without any problem. They are visible from the street.

"She's a young woman who is topless just like the ones who can be see on all the beaches of France and the world. It's a member of the British Royal Family. There have been pictures before that. Two weeks ago, there were the pictures of Prince Harry that had been published by the English press. So one shouldn't be hypocritical. And those were pictures were degrading and far hotter than those that we're publishing. She's a topless princess. There have been others. It's really not new."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19596681

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 15.09.12 13:10

Magazine owned I think by Silvio Berlusconi's daughter and his company is the one publishing the same photos in an Italian magazine this weekend acc. to reports.
While I believe this is intrusive and out of order, the fact that this young woman is holidaying in mainland Europe where she is regarded as a celebrity regardless of her position in the British royal family means that those who are paid to give the couple advice and especially those paid to look after her, should have warned her that as remote and private as that location appeared, she is now fair game for the press and sadly can't indulge in what she could have indulged in had she remained outside the royal family. It is a sad fact that this young woman will only be guaranteed privacy now if she is in grounds having a high-walled perimeter and a lot of screening from tall trees, or indoors.
This balcony was by all accounts visible from a public road, it is a shame the pair did not go and sunbathe at the poolside where they might have had more privacy.
I think the reaction of shock is a little over-the top to be honest. There are far more shocking things deserving of our attention, this should never have been the lead story on the news. I feel sorry that she will now feel embarrassed in public, but maybe the wake up call for how the foreign press view her was needed.
The elephant in the room is how frail she looks, a tv presenter commented last week how well she looked, while she looks lovely and smart, she is imo far too thin, it is noticeable how thin she has become since her engagement. I saw her well manicured hands on that occasion but some recent photos show bitten nails; this and the weight issue make me think she is under stress. I also hate the way her voice has been coached, she was very well spoken , rather posh in the early days, but the 2 speeches I have heard showed a voice and delivery style that had " royal" stamped all over it. Strange pronunciation, a very clipped style of delivery, a simple word like " here" pronounced " he-yah".
Her attractive girl next door looks and warm personality are what make her charming. They need to leave her to be natural, it is what appeals and I don't think she needs to change that much to perfom her duties as part of the firm.
Let's hope they have learned from Diana and that Kate does not regret marrying into this family, much as she and her husband are clearly in love.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.09.12 14:01

I suggest
1 None of the Royal Family go skiing in France for several years, and they make it clear that they can no longer trust the French security
2 Any formal invitation from the French is politely refused - on grounds of lack of security

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 15.09.12 14:16

It could have been something a lot more sinister used than a camera from that distance.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum