The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The death of Welsh football manager Gary Speed. Was his abuse 30 years ago by depraved paedophile Barry Bennell a clue to his death?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accidental hanging

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.01.12 17:56

I think this is the same as the reports above, just highlighting the passages suggesting that this probably was suicide:

Narrative verdict at Speed inquest

Coroner Nicholas Rheinberg recorded a narrative verdict at the inquest into former Wales football manager Gary Speed's death.

A narrative verdict is one in which a coroner simply records the circumstances surrounding the death. Rheinberg was not satisfied whether Speed's death was as the result of an accident or taking his own life.

Speed, who played for Leeds, Everton, Newcastle, Bolton and Sheffield United, was found hanged at his Cheshire home on November 27 last year by his wife Louise.

Mrs Speed told the inquest into his death at Warrington Coroner's Court that she had a text conversation with Speed, 42, just days before he died. The inquest heard he had talked in terms of taking his life but that he "dismissed it", saying that he was "excited" about the future with his wife and two sons.

Mrs Speed said the text referred to their "ups and downs" but went on about "how important the boys were" and about "moving forward".

The inquest heard that the couple "had words" on the night before he was found dead after they had been to a dinner party at a friend's house.

"We walked in the house and we had an exchange of words about something and nothing," Mrs Speed said.

A statement from Mr Speed's parents and Alan Shearer was also read out.

The investigating police officer said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding Speed's death while the pathologist confirmed the cause of death as hanging with only a "moderate amount of alcohol" in his system.

++++++

My only additional comment on all this is: how could you possibly accidentally hang yourself?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Always wondering

Post by Guest on 30.01.12 18:10

The earlier topic http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3919-sad-news-for-u-k-football-fans has some comments about people who have died accidentally in this way. I don't really wish to elaborate further!

Back to top Go down

Mrs Speed drove off

Post by Tony Bennett on 31.01.12 8:14

Listening to the news last night, some more details emerged:

* The couple clearly had a row of some kind on returning from 'dinner out with friends'

* Mrs Speed said that as a result of the row she 'went for a drive'

* She says she returned later (I am not sure what was said about her husband not being there when she got back)

* She says she woke up to find her husband not there and then found him hung in the garage

* There had, she said, been a text message from her husband a few days before, saying that he was thinking of committing suicide. I'm not sure what was said about the exact wording of the text message.

Obviously the press has only given us a summary of the evidence, but it does sound like a very odd set of events that evening.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The death of Welsh football manager Gary Speed. Was his abuse 30 years ago by depraved paedophile Barry Bennell a clue to his death?

Post by Guest on 31.01.12 8:49

One question in my mind to which I haven't yet seen an answer is where were the couple's two sons that night. I thought that they had attended the party so were they with their mother when she drove off after the disagreement or were they in the house with their father?

Back to top Go down

Re: The death of Welsh football manager Gary Speed. Was his abuse 30 years ago by depraved paedophile Barry Bennell a clue to his death?

Post by Tony Bennett on 31.01.12 9:19

Jean wrote:One question in my mind to which I haven't yet seen an answer is where were the couple's two sons that night. I thought that they had attended the party so were they with their mother when she drove off after the disagreement or were they in the house with their father?
Exactly right, Jean. The boys were I think initially mentioned as being at the 'party', 'dinner' or whatever it was. I couldn't see any mention of them in the reports of the inquest. One assumption might be that the household went to bed, then Mrs Speed drove off, then Mr Speed went to the garage. Unless Mrs Speed drove off as soon as they returned to the house. Maybe it is all in the Coroner's narrative verdict.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gary Speed inquest

Post by Guest on 31.01.12 9:42

Back to top Go down

statement analysis

Post by russiandoll on 01.02.12 18:18

On that site, there was a comment about how interesting it would have been to be privy to the conversations Mr Speed had in the last 6 hours he was alive.
Something and nothing,,,,,,well it was enough to make his wife feel the need for a drive on her own to clear her head, then on coming back she could not contact her husband so slept in the car. I think she took the drive at 1 am approx and woke at 6 approx to see her husband through the garage window. She was unable to revive him. And it seemed to be the catalyst for Gary Speed's actions in the early hours of that morning..so maybe trivial, but the straw that broke the camel's back apparently.
According to the coroner, Mr Speed could have fallen asleep with the cable in place.....a movement of his head while sleeping could have been sufficient to hang him.
I will try and find an article with this info and post. Very very sad story.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum