The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Sad news for U K football fans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sad news for U K football fans

Post by Marian on 27.11.11 14:00

The Wales football manager Gary Speed has died.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15909277

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sad news for U K football fans

Post by anil39200 on 27.11.11 14:16

This is desperately sad and here in Wales many people are shocked at this tragic news. RIP Gary, you talent was respected. A true gentleman and inspiring man who will be sadly missed. Our condolences to his family.

anil39200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie on 27.11.11 14:39

How sad. My heart goes out to his family.

Ollie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 27.11.11 16:10

Gary was a gentleman in a sport filled with prima donas.

He was only interested in the football and not what he could get out of it.

RIP Gary xxx You will be missed.

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.11.11 18:32

I think this may turn out to be a tragic accident.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 27.11.11 19:06

I did wonder about that too PeterMac.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 28.11.11 8:37

A colleague of mine died in similar circumstances. Wife, family, Scoutmaster, Church goer, pillar of the community etc.
He slipped and could not regain his feet in time.
The DM is talking openly about suicide and the web is alive with people going on about bi-polar, Samaritans, and so on.
I think, on balance, they might just shut up for a bit, until the Coroner has had a chance to hear the full details.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 28.11.11 10:13

I heard on the radio this morning that he had hung himself and his wife found him.

Such a tragic waste of a lovely man.

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 28.11.11 12:17

Quite so, but the question remains whether it was an accident, or deliberate. There is a big difference.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Things are not always clear cut

Post by Marian on 28.11.11 12:25

I'm thinking of the case of Michael Hutchence (PeterMac, possibly you haven't heard of him!) whose death in 1997 was ruled as suicide but his partner Paula Yates never believed that and, having read the details of how he was found (possibly here is not the place to go into them) I'm inclined to agree with her. Michael's father, maybe typically of an older more shockable generation, preferred to think that his son had committed suicide rather than that he had died accidentally.

I do not mean to make any suggestion as to what might have been the cause of Gary Speed's sad death.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 28.11.11 12:40

And in view of the sensitivities about people's private lives and what they do legally within them, and his high profile, it may be that the coroner simply records that s/he has read the evidence, without reading it all out in open court (which can be done) and makes his/her finding. What is slightly silly is the way the Samaritans have muscled in, and that people are talking about bi-polar disorder, and so on, having obviously pre-judged the issue.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 28.11.11 15:11

I hope to god it was some kind of accident, for the sake of his family. You do eventually learn to live with the suicide of a loved one but you NEVER EVER get closure; there's always that massive WHY? hanging over you for the rest of your life. I know.

May he rest in peace - my heart goes out to those he left behind.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 28.11.11 16:04

Sadly I had heard of him, and of Yates, and Geldoff, (though I wish I never had.)
My colleague's death was recorded by the coroner simply as 'accidental', which indeed it was.
The medical cause was properly recorded but irrelevant.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 28.11.11 17:21

It's nearly 12 years now since a family member of mine was found hanged in woodland miles from his home. It was a surprise to me that the verdict was an open one but I now know that is what happens if there is any doubt as to the person's intentions.

Before this event which turned all our lives upside down I can remember saying that I thought people who committed suicide were selfish but when it happened, all I could feel was pity for him and sorrow that he felt that he had no other option.

My thoughts are with Gary Speed's friends and family.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 28.11.11 22:44

@Marian wrote:I'm thinking of the case of Michael Hutchence (PeterMac, possibly you haven't heard of him!) whose death in 1997 was ruled as suicide but his partner Paula Yates never believed that and, having read the details of how he was found (possibly here is not the place to go into them) I'm inclined to agree with her. Michael's father, maybe typically of an older more shockable generation, preferred to think that his son had committed suicide rather than that he had died accidentally.

I do not mean to make any suggestion as to what might have been the cause of Gary Speed's sad death.

David Carradine also - died in 2009.

Forgot to mention that I was a HUGE fan of INXS, saw them at Wembley Stadium and had terrible seats, always said next time I saw them I would be in the standing area infront of the stage, unfortunately it wasn't to be. I had a very old black & white video of INXS when they first started out which I treasured, unfortunately, I deleted it one day by mistake by taping over it.

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 29.11.11 18:49

The inquest has been adjourned till 30th January so there will be nothing official till then on whether this was suicide or an accident.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum