The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

What is happening to this country?

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What is happening to this country?

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 19:36

@PeterMac wrote:The latest news is that Duggan did not fire his weapon at the Police before he was shot.
The family have said "In this day and age this is completely unacceptable .. " and so on.

Just examine those two statements side by side.
The family are implicitly saying they are perfectly happy that their son, father, brother etc etc was in possession of an illegal firearm, actually a prohibiited weapon, with a chambered round, was clearly doing something unlawful, hence the fact that there was a full scale armed surveillance operation trying to arrest him, but they find it "unacceptable" that he did not manage to kill a police officer first.
I really hope some journalist manages to put the question to them in roughly those terms at the appropriate time.

is this what is wrong with Britain. Just listen out for the bleeding heart liberals to start the justification, hear 500 solicitors plug in their cash registers, and marvel as 500 defence barristers begin to sharpen their quill pens.

Very true PeterMac. Carrying an illegal fireman, means you should be prepared to take the consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.08.11 19:37

AdamMcCleanITV Adam McClean
Hooded youths are throwing bricks at shops near Corporation Street. http://t.co/eb8DWil
3 minutes ago »

AdamMcCleanITV Adam McClean
I'm near Market Street in Manchester. Police horses are charging at gathered crowds.
7 minutes ago

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 09.08.11 19:56

Not sure whether this is just mindless and senseless rampant of the thugs and gangs as perceived.

I believe there's more than meet the eyes. The master mind behind must be an educated person who's is leader of youth frustrated with the country, politicians, and govt system and venting their frustration and anger to make a statement.

When you are poor, down and trodden rioting is one mean albeit violent one to make an effective statement to the Govt. Unlike the rich and influential with might and finance to hire an army of lawyers to air their contentious issues in the court of law in front of judges but for the poor their court is the public.

By their riot it is guaranteed that the govt's attention - in fact the country and world's attention - is arrested. When the police can manage to round a few activists to the police station we may learn the real reason behind this rampant.

I suspect those thugs who created the most wreckage are not are just blind followers. They are likely youth very discontented with their lives and way things were going in this country and were used for the riot for maximum impact. It doesn't need a lot to instigate groups of troubled and unhappy youth to lash out to vent their frustration. They're probably glad someone masterminds it for them as there is safety in numbers - they probably thought they have a worthy cause on hands.

If their prime objective is to get the govt's attention - well they've got it !
I suspect had they marched or protested in a civil and peaceful manner outside no 10, police will be deployed to disperse them and their voice will be lost on govt's deaf ears.

Not since WWII had we seen such anarchy on a mass scale and the root cause is going to be something that surprises no one I suspect - the question is who are the leaders of this mass riot?

social networking via mobile phone is something law enforcer is up against in the days of modern evolving technology because new riot group can be easily and speedily formed and assembled with target spot changed or make up instantly and there's no way the police can prepare enough for the eventuality.
Sms text message is all it needs to mobilise youth to the task - no need for pro activities to gather them up into a physical spot for briefings as that can be transmitted via sms.

When you think about it, it is frightening because chain linking youth to instigate youth is dead easy.
The police will be spread thin if they have to station themselves in all cities and towns throughout the country to be a step ahead of the rioters.

Can anyone imagine how WWIII will be fought post mobile phone?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 09.08.11 22:20

To the people who live in England i hope you are all ok its very sad news pray2

ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelina on 10.08.11 12:51

It IS mindless, this is called RECREATIONAL RIOTING.

The vast majority of the rioters are teenagers.

Does anyone seriously think young teenagers have elaborate opinions on the state of the economy?

These are the same kids who have been allowed to terrorize working class estates for decades.

Britain is in complete moral decay. We have brought up children with no morals, no decency, no discipline and an extraordinary sense of entitlement.

They know they are untouchable and they will only get at most a slap on the wrist if caught.

We have taught them they have rights but no responsabilities.

The end result is there for all to see.

Daniel 11:27, "…and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper:"

Zelina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.11 12:54

Well said Zelina and thank you ROSA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.11 12:59

Not quite all kids, although many do appear to be very young. But those that were named yesterday, in my post earlier in this thread these were not kids, and today we have this.............

1132: BBC reporter Jon Brain at Highbury magistrates' court tells BBC 5 live the first person who appeared in the dock this morning was a 31-year-old school worker named Alexis Bailey. He pleaded guilty to being part of the looting of the Richer Sounds store in Croydon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 10.08.11 12:59

Birmingham riots: three men killed 'protecting homes'

A murder investigation has been launched after three people were killed “doing the job of the police” during widespread rioting.

"Keen amateur boxer Haroon Jahan, 21, and two brothers were hit by a speeding car in Birmingham in the early hours of this morning,
Officers have arrested a 32-year-old man in connection with the deaths and a car has also been recovered.
Tariq Jahan, the father of Haroon, told how he desperately tried to revive his son CPR as he waited for medics to arrive.
“I didn't see it (the fatal incident) with my own eyes. I was round the corner... I heard the car coming at high speed.
“Then we heard the bang and I heard the commotion with the people. I ran towards the commotion and the first guy I found was someone I didn't know.
“I started giving him CPR until somebody pointed out that the guy behind me was my son on the floor.
“Then I swapped positions and started giving him CPR. All the street were out and basically he was looking out for the whole community.”
Police said he incident happened in the Winson Green area of the city at about 1am this morning.
According to witnesses, the car, containing up to three passengers, hit the three men at around 50mph but did not stop.
Locals said the victims, who were aged between 20 and 31, were part of a group who had gathered to protect local shops used by all sections of the community. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8693095/Birmingham-riots-three-men-killed-protecting-homes.html

What should be done to the scum that carried out this appalling crime!

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenBritain on 10.08.11 13:19

One of the pictures shown in the daily mail was a youngster of 9. Can you imagine the parent of this child realising their child was responsible for taking part in this rioting and burning of property/making someone homeless/jobless?

BrokenBritain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The scum of the earth

Post by Marian on 10.08.11 13:20

If there are rioters who are found to be in the country illegally, I hope they are kicked out immediately. As for home grown scum, they don't deserve ever to see the light of day again but I doubt that the punishments will in any way fit the crimes. We can bet that the human rights lawyers are busy right now!

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.11 13:22

@Marian wrote:If there are rioters who are found to be in the country illegally, I hope they are kicked out immediately. As for home grown scum, they don't deserve ever to see the light of day again but I doubt that the punishments will in any way fit the crimes. We can bet that the human rights lawyers are busy right now!

Just heard of BBC news that one of the looters who had stolen t shirts was given a 1 day custodial sentence, but had already served that 1 day waiting for the court case and was released today!! tearhairout wtf

Back to top Go down

Shriek!

Post by Marian on 10.08.11 13:26

I need to add that dentists will also be busy dealing with people who have damaged their teeth due to over-gnashing them in rage at the sentences handed out.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.11 13:28

I sat there yesterday choking back the tears listening to that 80 year old man, telling of his furniture store which has been in his family for 5 generations, now burnt to the ground. There cannot be many family businesses like that left in the country any more, that is what is so sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenBritain on 10.08.11 13:36

Seeing all the images in the newspapers and on tv is utterly heartbreaking.

Someone said on twitter yesterday that Hitler couldn't break Britain, nor could Al Qaeda. Our own youths are doing a better job.

This is not just about arson and robbery now, it's now about murder. Homegrown terrorism with kids as young as 9.

BrokenBritain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.11 13:44

What I found very surprising yesterday watching some of the news coverage, the showed a street, where 3 big police vans were parked and in front of them lots of cops dressed in their riot gear, and yards away in front of their eyes youths were overturning large bins setting them on fire, they then tried to overturn a large white van parked on the side of the road, and the police just did nothing. I was shocked.

Listen to these kids on this tape from the BBC, "I'll keep looting till I get caught"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9560000/9560646.stm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.11 13:48

The media are focusing on the young being responsible for this. The Government are also focusing on the young, why?

Because they do not want this turning into a story about terrorism, as it would put the fear up everyone.

This Government will have to wake up to the 21st Century terrorist. They are home grown, organised and highly motivated.

All terrorists should be treated the same way, as a threat and shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.11 13:50

@ChrisMasonBBC
Chris Mason
Morrisons petrol stations are refusing to sell petrol in cans. They say this is a national precautionary measure, given the #riots.
1 hour ago via web
replies ↓

@ @ChrisMasonBBC BP did this yesterday.
1 hour ago

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.11 13:57

Then they will also have to stop selling other things on the shelves such as engine oil in Halfords, which is just as flammable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.11 14:01

Stella wrote:Then they will also have to stop selling other things on the shelves such as engine oil in Halfords, which is just as flammable.

And spirits apparently. Some chap saying on the news yesterday, that before he left his pub he secured all this spirit optics etc. so they couldn't take them to start fires.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 10.08.11 14:04

Stella wrote:The media are focusing on the young being responsible for this

Typical 'blame everyone else' culture we live in. I think the governments and powers of the country should be looking at their own responsibility as well for the big part they played in causing all this. This has been building for many years and somewhere along the line they have missed a generation

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.11 19:15

1820: "Two people already jailed for their part in last night's disorder - swift justice. Two men sentenced to 10 weeks and 16 weeks. First of many," the tweet from Greater Manchester Police reads

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

10 weeks and 16 weeks, does anybody else here think these sentences are pathetic!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie on 10.08.11 22:23

I agree Candyfloss, these sentences are totally inadequate. And now three people have died while trying to protect their property.

Ollie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 11.08.11 9:53

@BrokenBritain wrote:One of the pictures shown in the daily mail was a youngster of 9. Can you imagine the parent of this child realising their child was responsible for taking part in this rioting and burning of property/making someone homeless/jobless?

The 9-year old youngster likely comes from broken home where the parents don't give a damn what the child does and probably have no idea what the child was up to and likely couldn't care less even if they knew.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenBritain on 11.08.11 10:51

These kids have witnessed for themselves the MP's expenses scandal and the Phone Hacking scandal - they see these rich people abusing the system and getting rich with ill-gotten gains to pay for second homes they don't even have - and they see them get away with it. I'm not condoning what these rioters have done but they have learned by those in power - MP's and police - that the way to have a better life is to steal from the taxpayer and the poor. If MP's and police can do it why can't they? A lot of these kids stole a pair of trainers or a mobile phone while MP's stole thousands of pounds to pay for a better lifestyle of second homes and floating duck islands. The Prime Minister said these kids were a pocket of society that is sick. What does he call his thieving MP's and police? Are they sick aswell? He and his MP's are role models and these kids are doing the same thing with the means they have available. Yes, the kids will be punished but they have nothing to lose anyway.

BrokenBritain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 11.08.11 10:57

These youngsters are organising their crime via social network like fb and tweetter and mostly mobile phones.

The government should legislate a new law making it against the law for under 18 to have a mobile.
Only adults should be allowed to own mobile number and restrict the number of sims card a household can have.

The government should ask phone company to switch off mobile services of youngsters for a temporary period to arrest the spread of riot.
They should make a public announcement requesting parents to confiscate their children sims card.
Or set up emergency centres manned by volunteers and require youngsters or parents to bring in their children to surrender their sims card as a temporary measure to stamp out the organised riot. Sales of PAYG cards should be forbidden during this period.

I believe underage children's phone numbers are usually obtained and registered by parents so the government should make it a punishable offence for parents not to report or hand in their children's SIMS cards during this period. Community participation and spirit is needed to protect community.

We are not talking police state, but a state with effective law with help from community to contain this anarchy situation. Deploying police in masses only to end up with some arrests and a few charged isn't going to be enough to solve the problem of merchants whose livelihood is destroyed or return justice to those who are dead.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum