The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Baby Peter 'was failed by all agencies'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Baby Peter 'was failed by all agencies'

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 26.10.10 15:35

By Katherine Sellgren BBC News education reporter

26 October 2010 Last updated at 13:49

Peter Connelly died with more than 50 injuries

Baby Peter's "horrifying death" was down to the incompetence of almost every member of staff who came into contact with him, official reports say.

Peter Connelly died in August 2007 at home in Haringey, north London, after months of abuse.
Details of his case, just published, reveal the incompetence of social workers, doctors, lawyers and police.
His mother, her boyfriend and a lodger were jailed last year for causing or allowing Peter's death.

If Peter Connelly is to have any legacy at all it's that children are safer”End Quote Graham Badman Baby Peter report author

The 17-month-old boy had suffered more than 50 injuries, and had been visited 60 times by the authorities in the eight months before his death.

Publishing the serious case review into Peter's death in full for the first time, Children's Minister Tim Loughton said he hoped it would bring "closure" to the case.

The report said: "In this case, the practice of the majority, both individually and collectively... was incompetent."
"Their approach was completely inadequate and did not meet the challenge of the case," it continued.
The report said that his "horrifying death could and should have been prevented" and if the correct approach had been taken, the situation would have been "stopped in its tracks at the first serious incident".
It criticised Peter's GP for not raising concerns when he found bruises on the child's head and chest after apparently falling down stairs.
It chastised police for not investigating suspicious injuries and it said the school, attended by Peter's siblings, had not mentioned the difficulties staff had encountered with the mother.
Neither did the social workers and their managers at any time "seriously think" that Peter was being harmed or was at risk of harm.
The report sets out how various agencies failed to realise that Stephen Barker, the violent boyfriend of Peter's mother Tracey Connelly, was living at the family home and might have been abusing Peter.
"Hovering in the background to the situation is Mr H [Stephen Barker], the male friend of Ms A [Tracey Connelly]... the extent of his involvement with the household is not known."
Connelly had apparently declared Barker as next of kin on an official form, but authorities still failed to realise he was living with her and there was a failure to establish his identity, interview him and check on his background.
The report said: "There was a readiness and a willingness to believe Ms A's account of herself, her care of her children, the composition of her household and the nature of her friendship networks."'Dirty, smelly' home
The report said the intervention in the family lacked urgency and thoroughness and the agencies involved did not challenge Connelly's poor parenting or focus on the children's welfare.
It depicted a chaotic and troubled home - the house was "disorganised, dirty and smelly: it smelled of urine from the dogs", Peter and his siblings had head lice and their mother smoked 60 cigarettes a day.
The report touched on Tracey Connelly's own troubled childhood and noted that she herself was placed on the child protection register at the age of 10 because of neglect.
"Too little significance was given to Ms A's own childhood experience of serious physical and emotional abuse and the possible impact of it on her own parenting," the report said.'Bringing closure'
The publication of this previously secret report follows on from a Conservative and Liberal Democrat pledge to do so.

Children's Minister Tim Loughton said children were safer now than before

Mr Loughton said there had been "multiple failings" in the case. He said publishing the serious case review was not about a "blame game" but about achieving "greater transparency in child protection".
"It's also about trying to achieve a degree of closure. It would be in everyone's interest - the families and the professionals involved - if we can learn lessons, find closure and move on."
Graham Badman, author of the report and now chair of Haringey's children's safeguarding board, said the case contained many lessons for child protection agencies around the country, but said the tragic case had brought improvements in children's services.
"If Peter Connelly is to have any legacy at all it's that children are safer," he added.
Peter Lewis, director of children's services at Haringey, said improvements had been made at the council, with agency social workers accounting for 20% of staff, down from 45% at the height of the tragedy.
He also confirmed more children in the borough were being taken into care - 620 were now in care, up from 460 18 months ago.
This latest report is the second review into the case of the toddler.
The first review was an internal investigation completed by Haringey Social Services. Snippets of this report had been released, but it was later found to be "inadequate" by government inspectors - so a second one was undertaken.
Parts of that report, the executive summary and conclusion, had already been published and it revealed there were six opportunities to save the toddler's life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11621391

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Baby Peter 'was failed by all agencies'

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 26.10.10 15:47

Baby Peter's suffering will haunt me forever. I cannot begin to imagine how frightened he was, how alone, how desperate he was, particularly on the night he died, when he heard the approaching footsteps of his killer and all he could do was lay in his filthy cot with his broken back and wait...

That poor, poor baby.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.10.10 15:56

jkh wrote:Baby Peter's suffering will haunt me forever. I cannot begin to imagine how frightened he was, how alone, how desperate he was, particularly on the night he died, when he heard the approaching footsteps of his killer and all he could do was lay in his filthy cot with his broken back and wait...

That poor, poor baby.

Jill, it is so, so sad, I can't say anymore, so upsetting after reading that, my mind was imagining what that poor little boy went through........ Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by kathyBelle on 26.10.10 16:21

I would like to know why the father of baby Peter, did nothing to help his son. He suspected that Peter was being ill treated, he even saw Peter a couple of days before he died and saw he had the top of his finger sliced off, but he did nothing. He soon went to the media once it was made public that Peter had died of injuries inflicted by that vile creature (sorry I can't call this pece of filth, Peter's mother) who gave birth to him and her equally vile friends. I would like to think that Peter's father didn't get paid by the media for giving his story, but I suspect he will have done. Peter's father along with his wider family must take their share of the blame for standing by and doing nothing.

One would have thought that those who stood by and watched this happen, including the doctor who didn't examine him and the social workers, would be hanging their heads in shame. They're not, some of the social workers have tried to get money by saying they were unfairly dismissed and they were found guilty by the media. Also the doctor who didn't examine him, now wants to take her name of the register. Why has this doctor told the media that she wants to take her name off the register? She could have done it privately.

Social Services have said lessons will be learned. How many times must Social Services say lessons will be learned, before they do learn their lessons? They've been saying lessons will be learned, since the death of Maria Caldwell in 1975 and look how many children have been murdered at the hands of their carers.

The piece of filth who gave birth to Peter and the pieces of filth she lived with, have all been given soft sentences. They should have been jailed for life and if the judge had to give a minimum of years, he should have given them 100yrs.

kathyBelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.10.13 15:44

8 October 2013 Last updated at 15:23

Baby Peter mother 'can be released' says Parole Board

It was recommended Tracey Connelly serve a minimum of five years

Related Stories
The mother of Baby Peter, Tracey Connelly, should be released from jail, the Parole Board has said.
She was jailed indefinitely, with a recommended minimum term of five years in May 2009, for causing or allowing her son's death.
A Parole Board panel recommended her release from prison following a second review of her case.
The board said arrangements and the date of the release were a matter for Justice Secretary Chris Grayling.
A spokesman for Mr Grayling said the Parole Board's decision was final.
A statement from the board said: "We can confirm that a three-member panel of the board has directed the release of Tracey Connelly.
"Tracey Connelly first became eligible for parole in August 2012 and at that time a Parole Board panel made no recommendation to release."
Peter died on 3 August 2007 with more than 50 injuries, despite being on the at-risk register and receiving 60 visits from social workers, police and health professionals over eight months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24446126#

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.10.13 16:08

UBELIEVABLE.  Six years.  No deterrent imo.

Six years.   UNBELIEVABLE.

sad

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.10.13 16:14

candyfloss wrote:8 October 2013 Last updated at 15:23

Baby Peter mother 'can be released' says Parole Board

It was recommended Tracey Connelly serve a minimum of five years

Related Stories
The mother of Baby Peter, Tracey Connelly, should be released from jail, the Parole Board has said.
She was jailed indefinitely, with a recommended minimum term of five years in May 2009, for causing or allowing her son's death.
A Parole Board panel recommended her release from prison following a second review of her case.
The board said arrangements and the date of the release were a matter for Justice Secretary Chris Grayling.
A spokesman for Mr Grayling said the Parole Board's decision was final.
A statement from the board said: "We can confirm that a three-member panel of the board has directed the release of Tracey Connelly.
"Tracey Connelly first became eligible for parole in August 2012 and at that time a Parole Board panel made no recommendation to release."
Peter died on 3 August 2007 with more than 50 injuries, despite being on the at-risk register and receiving 60 visits from social workers, police and health professionals over eight months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24446126#
I feel deeply angry that this subhuman is going to be released, given the suffering Baby Peter went through, the only way she should have left prison is in a wooden box. 

RIP Baby Peter

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeyB on 08.10.13 16:19

She's not going to be given a new ID, which is something I suppose.

MikeyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 08.10.13 21:10

she has not been given a new identity but how on the earth has she managed to to get to a weight of 22 stone in prison.she only look's about 12 stone in her mug shot.i am not sure anyone would recognize her now.

petunia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 08.10.13 21:28

@petunia wrote:she has not been given a new identity but how on the earth has she managed to to get to a weight of 22 stone in prison.she only look's about 12 stone in her mug shot.i am not sure anyone would recognize her now.
Because she has sat and gorged at the tax payers expense.
Baby Peter suffered more pain and anguish than we can imagine. She has fed her face and got to this gross weight, it has been a 5 star holiday for her.
During my working life I used to visit prisons to interview prisoners ready for release to help them back into society. I visited one prison in the run up to Christmas and the young man I was interviewing worked in the kitchen and they were making the Christmas puddings. This young man had never had a Christmas dinner in his life.
So the food is good and plentiful, and she has enjoyed it, maybe the best years of her life.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.10.13 21:49

@Nina wrote:She has fed her face and got to this gross weight, it has been a 5 star holiday for her.. . .
During my working life I used to visit prisons to interview prisoners ready for release to help them back into society. I visited one prison in the run up to Christmas and the young man I was interviewing worked in the kitchen and they were making the Christmas puddings. This young man had never had a Christmas dinner in his life.
So the food is good and plentiful, and she has enjoyed it, maybe the best years of her life.
Sadly Nina, you are absolutely right. Prison for many people provides the first and only "decent' life they have ever known.
One with rules, regulations, norms, standards, and with a routine that encourages and is designed to encourage them to conform.
A life which insists on personal hygiene, cleaning their living space, and taking a tiny amount of physical exercise

Life outside is too hectic, too anarchic, too difficult. . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 08.10.13 23:00

@petunia wrote:she has not been given a new identity but how on the earth has she managed to to get to a weight of 22 stone in prison.she only look's about 12 stone in her mug shot.i am not sure anyone would recognize her now.
She was - at least until 2 years ago sharing a space with Rosemary West and had a lesbian affair with her. Rose West has apparently become an accomplished cook and is allowed to cook for her bunch of friends. According to this article they are having a very easy life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2033143/Rosemary-West-Humming-Take-That-playing-Monopoly-child-killer-friends-parading-glitzy-tops--cushy-prison-life-Rose.html

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum