The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Mother locks kids in closet - 2 die

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mother locks kids in closet - 2 die

Post by Guest on 22.09.10 23:20

Horror as mother 'locks her five small children in 6ft closet while she goes out for 10 hours... then comes home to find two dead'
By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 8:23 PM on 22nd September 2010

Edyan Farah, 28, allegedly put all five of her children - aged one through seven - into the small closet and pushed a bed in front of the door so they could not get out

Two children have died after their mother apparently locked them in a closet with their three siblings for more than ten hours.
Edyan Farah, 28, allegedly put all five of her children - aged one through to seven - into the small closet and pushed a bed in front of the door so they could not get out.
The closet was 6ft long and about 18in deep.
Farah left for ten and a half hours to visit a friend on Sunday. When she came back to her home in Indianaopolis, she opened the closet to find her five-year-old daughter Zuhur and three-year-old son Zakariya 'stiff and unresponsive'.
She told officers she carried them downstairs but did not call for help or try to revive them.
Four hours later, a family friend grew concerned when Farah - who was acting strangely - refused to let anyone in the apartment.
The friend then called Farah's uncle to the apartment complex. When he arrived and looked through the door of the apartment, he saw what appeared to be a dead child on the couch.
When he tried to call 911, Farah grabbed his phone from his hands and threw it away.
He then held her down as the family friend retrieved the phone and called for help.
Scroll down for video report

House of horror: The backyard of the apartment where the two children were found dead on Sunday
A single rose lies at the front door of the apartment. 'It's just a very, very sad case,' said one police officer
Now Farah has been charged with neglect resulting in her children's deaths.
She told police she was 'not in her right mind' at the time of the incident.
An autopsy has not indicated how the two children died.
Police and neighbours said the children appeared malnourished - but the coroner said that while the two children were thin, she did not consider them emaciated.
Hussein Adam, a cousin of the children's father, said Monday that the family had emigrated from Somalia about a decade ago. He said Farah's husband had returned there several weeks ago to visit his parents, but was en route back to the U.S.
Lt. Jeff Duhamell said the three surviving children - a seven-year-old girl and boys ages five and one - are now in foster care. 'It's just a very, very sad case,' he said.
'It's one of the worst ones I've seen - to be placed in a closet approximately 18in by 6ft and a bed pushed up against it for a minimum of ten hours. We think possibly a lot longer and probably not for the first time.'
Farah is due to appear in court today.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1314163/Edyan-Farah-locks-5-children-closet-10-hours-finds-2-dead.html#ixzz10Icp5GcS

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother locks kids in closet - 2 die

Post by Cherry on 22.09.10 23:24

What a tragic waste of life. The 'mother' should be put in prison and they should throw away the key.

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.09.10 23:35

The closet was 6ft long and about 18in deep.

Five children all under seven in this space for 10 hours, truly heartbreaking. It doesn't bear thinking about what those kids must have gone throught in those 10 hours. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 23.09.10 3:38

Send her over to country still with capital punishment for hanging, which she well derserves.

Now the three surviving children will be scared for life....shit....what sort of world are we living in.

Claiming not in right mind is the lamest excuse. In that case she should be locked for life in a mental home.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 23.09.10 9:14

The mother who stands accused in the deaths of two of her children broke her silence Wednesday, expressing grief and asking for privacy.

Edyan Farah's young son and daughter died inside a closet after police say she barricaded the doors and left them for hours.

The 28 year old mother made a brief court appearance in a Marion County courtroom Wednesday, prosecutors said they need more time to gather evidence and the judge granted her request. She is expected to be formally charged on Thursday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friend us on Facebook and get the latest news, information and announcements.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farah's lawyers, Jackie Butler, Mark King, and DawnMarie White issued the following statement on her behalf Wednesday:

Ebyan Farah will have no public comment in this matter, except to say she is devastated by her children's tragic deaths. She will avail herself of the criminal justice system.

Ebyan Farah hopes the media will be sensitive to the Somali community's sense of privacy and will not intrude in an effort to provide sensationalism in a manner that will ensure Ebyan Farah cannot receive a fair trial, not only in Marion County, but in the state of Indiana.

Farah did not address or elaborate on what she told police following her kids deaths. According to the arrest report said she barricaded her five children in a closet inside her apartment. She then left them there for more than ten hours before returning and finding two of them dead. Police say she then stopped an uncle from immediately calling 911.

Though autopsies are pending police believe the kids might have suffocated.

Despite what happened inside the apartment, it appears the entire family remains united. They also released a statement through Farah's lawyers, which reads:

The family of Ebyan Farah is devasted and shocked by this tragedy. Ebyan Farah's husband, uncles, friends, and the community at large would like the media to respect their privacy.

Mohamed Hersi, Ebyan Farah's Uncle said, "We are a tight community and we believe with God's help that we will face this tragedy with strength and faith."

Farah's husband, Bursan Hassan, is currently trying to gain custody of the three remaining children. On Wednesday his lawyer said Hassan was grieving for both his children and his wife. He also issued the follwing statement:

The family of Bursan Hassan respectfully requests its privacy be respected during this difficult time of grieving and loss. We decline any additional comment. Prayers for all family members are appreciated. Thank you.

John M. Schwartz
Attorney for Bursan Hassan

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 23.09.10 9:17

If the mother requires privacy then one suggests that she retreats to a 6ft x 8in cupboard, there will be many willing to push a bed up against the door.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Priest on 23.09.10 9:21

There are some who shouldn't be blessed with the gift of motherhood. This is one example where they have not understood the reponsibility and commitment such a task involves.

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven. What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray? And if he finds it, truly, I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine that never went astray. So it is not the will of my Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

Matthew Ch18 v1-6, v10-14

Children will continue to suffer in this world.

http://www.warchild.org.uk/

(Matthew 18:12-14)

Priest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 23.09.10 11:33

What a tragic waste of two innocent and young lives.

What go through the head of the surviving kids when they witnessed first hand at close quarters the death of their siblings?

I consider the friends she visited accessories, how can any friend not asked about the whereabout of 5 children?

That's the first thing I would ask friend/s with children if they ever come to visit me without the children.

Ten hours or more she was gone! Bloody hell. If she isnt insane she must be evil.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Priest on 23.09.10 11:37

@ aiyoyo most certianly the work of satan aiyoyo, I would say evil most surely

(Matthew 18:12-14)

Priest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 23.09.10 12:20

@kangdang wrote:If the mother requires privacy then one suggests that she retreats to a 6ft x 8in cupboard, there will be many willing to push a bed up against the door.

retreats herself?

She should be jailed in the 6ft by 8in space, locked, and barricaded with furniture, and no one should go back to check on her.

Hope she receives the more severe charges of manslaughter, and not merely neglect leading to......

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAArRRRRRRRRRRRH!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum