The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

THERESA MAY IS OUR NEW PRIME MINISTER

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: THERESA MAY IS OUR NEW PRIME MINISTER

Post by interestedobserver on 12.07.16 14:11

I think Andrea had much nicer legs.

interestedobserver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 12.07.16 14:17

Anyone care to 'hazard' a guess as to WHY Angelica Eagle did NOT 'contest' the LP 'leadership' 9 months ago when JC got 'democratically' elected?

Couldn't she 'get enough' nominations from all her, 'marvellous', NOW, PLP 'colleagues' to even get on the 'ballot' at the time?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 12.07.16 14:24

@interestedobserver wrote:I think Andrea had much nicer legs.

had, HAD?

I know she now, 'dosen't have a leg to stand on', regards leadership ambitions,..............but she still 'has' her legs! winkwink

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Theresa May

Post by willowthewisp on 12.07.16 14:47

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@interestedobserver wrote:I think Andrea had much nicer legs.

had, HAD?

I know she now, 'dosen't have a leg to stand on', regards leadership ambitions,..............but she still 'has' her legs! winkwink
So do's Rupert Mudroch and he is older than Theresa May and they share the same Religious beliefs, but what else do Rupert and Theresa share, apart from Rebekah,"I'll put the Home Secretary on the Front page of the **um, until the McCann's have their Review,Operation Grange,Remit-Abduction,Kerching+ 16 Million Pounds?
Angelica Eagle did contest the Leadership for Deputy Leader I think and came Fourth, she is just a stalking horse,for their New Messiah David Miliband, of whom Ed did not Stab in the Back variety,then had a "Tablet of Stone" befall his writings from the Stone,probably made a nice Fire place to warm the posture on in Winter,gazing lovengly at what could have been?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 12.07.16 15:27

In a way I think that Andrea Leadsom's withdrawal from the contest could work in Brexit 's favour. The Tory Party is in a pretty precarious position at the moment and similar to the Labour party  could easily fracture . May hasn't been elected by the grassroots Cons. and has arrived at her position as PM by default. She surely HAS to mean business if she is going to prevent dissension in the ranks. The minute she starts prevaricating on the big issues , Brexit supporters will start  to murmur . Of course the Remainers will get restless if they see Brexit going ahead full steam but that is the mandate given by the electorate so their complaints should have no validity. I don't trust May but we're all monitoring her very closely . She was useless before so can't think why she'd be any different now. Interesting times ahead!

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 12.07.16 16:03

I was very disappointed that Andrea Leadsom withdrew and as others have said, the "Breixteers" wanted someone who at least supported our exit. Iain Duncan Smith was really, really upset.

What I don't want to see TM doing is negotiating an exit following the "Norway Model" or any other "Model" for that matter. We didn't have a Model before we joined and we managed to trade.

In fact, I don't think most Brexiteers would be happy with a "Model" at all if it's got anything to do with challenging how we run our Country!  

All I personally want is to exit and for us to walk away from the "fiscal cabal" that is the EU. 

If the EU hasn't already imploded by the time someone finally triggers Article 50, as one of the audience stated on QT suggested is imminent and I agree it is, I am sure it won't take the remaining EU Member Countries very long to seek us out to trade with.

Unfortunately I take the rise in the Stock Market and Shares etc., an indicator that with TM now to be PM that the manipulators of the Markets think there may be a possibility and that we will go running back and ask to join the EU again!

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 12.07.16 17:58

I feel May will make Cameron look quite moderate as we lurch futher to the right.
The working class that voted Brexit might be in for a shock with her at the helm

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 12.07.16 18:01

@notlongnow wrote:I feel May will make Cameron look quite moderate as we lurch futher to the right.
The working class that voted Brexit might be in for a shock with her at the helm
IMO if she has Liam Fox in her cabinet it points to me that it could well lurch to the right.  The working class will be in for a shock but who on earth thought we would have her as PM three weeks later?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 12.07.16 18:03

@notlongnow wrote:Excellent,the country has a PM for 4 years,and like the unelected EU mps,is also unelected.
And she will no doubt pass the buck when things go wrong onto brexit.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/james-obrien-ridicules-leadsoms-black-ops-claim-133615
She is setting up a Brexit unit, so I think you may well be right.   If it all goes wrong it wasn't me it was the Brexiteers.   I never was one of em.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 12.07.16 18:09

@jeanmonroe wrote:I pray, PRAY, that JC, says to Dodgy Dave, at PMQ's, tomorrow...... 'For heaven’s sake man, GO!’

Oh, the 'irony'!
That would be great.  ha ha.   I also think that the crowd booing him at Wimbledon should be replayed at the despatch box.  There was no need for Camerun to say what he said to Corbyn.

What a 'orrible lot they are.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.07.16 18:18

Today:

Stock market: FTSE 100 index:  6680 - 12% up above what it was in late February (5550)

Pound: Up again strongly today at $1.33 dollars to the £:

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 12.07.16 18:22

I fear that the UN has been a Potemkin Village/City. The Gravy Train is coming to the end of the track, and the passengers on board are screaming and fighting for their privileged lives that have been paid for by  taxpayers.

I am about to go into a rant, so I will leave it there, for a the time being!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 12.07.16 19:15

@jeanmonroe wrote:Anyone care to 'hazard' a guess as to WHY Angelica Eagle did NOT 'contest' the LP 'leadership' 9 months ago when JC got 'democratically' elected?

Couldn't she 'get enough' nominations from all her, 'marvellous', NOW, PLP 'colleagues' to even get on the 'ballot' at the time?
My guess is that they knew they would never win an election with her as leader.  She seems to me to be only just containing her real dislike for JC.

Saw her on the news earlier saying that JC should be making statements about the nasty way some are behaving (she had her party office window smashed last night).  Is there any evidence yet as to who exactly smashed the window?

JC did make a statement earlier saying that violence would not help but also revealed that he had had death threats earlier in the week.

What you got to say about that Eagle?

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Setting the record straight.

Post by tnb on 12.07.16 23:02

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:T May will become Prime Minister on Wednesday, after D Cameron has gone to the Palace.

A week is a long time in politics spin

Remind me, how 'many' ordinary, working people, UK 'citizens', actually 'voted' for TM to 'be' their PM?
"It should be pointed out that at a General Election, we vote for a party, not a person."

It is also the case that the powers-that-be in their wisdom have decided that we have a General Elections every 5 years.

At the last election, the Conservatives got 11,334,726 votes.
UKIP got a further 3,881,099 votes.

Together they got 15,215,825.

That was not far off double the number who voted for Labour: just 9,347,324.

Farewell Dave-the-mendacious,

Your litany of lies was audacious.

No recession, you see -

And no World War III;

And now we've got May - good gracious!
"It should be pointed out that at a General Election, we vote for a party, not a person."
I would like to piont out, in a general election we vote for an MP, not a party and if an MP is not a person then we have a problem.

tnb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 12.07.16 23:14

@tnb wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:T May will become Prime Minister on Wednesday, after D Cameron has gone to the Palace.

Remind me, how 'many' ordinary, working people, UK 'citizens', actually 'voted' for TM to 'be' their PM?

It is also the case that the powers-that-be in their wisdom have decided that we have a General Elections every 5 years.

No recession, you see -

And no World War III;

I would like to piont out, in a general election we vote for an MP, not a party and if an MP is not a person then we have a problem.
if we vote for an MP and not the party, then can you please tell me why we have "safe seats" where a particular party wins EVERY time, regardless who the candidate is?

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tnb on 12.07.16 23:23

@sallypelt wrote:
@tnb wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

No recession, you see -

And no World War III;

if we vote for an MP and not the party, then can you please tell me why we have "safe seats" where a particular party wins EVERY time, regardless who the candidate is?
In a general election you vote for an MP, simple as that, there are areas in the UK that chose not to vote for mainstrem parties. Lets face it, you may have a member of the Monster raving loony party on your ballot paper,
you may chose to vote for that person.....or not.

tnb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 12.07.16 23:31

@tnb wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@tnb wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

No recession, you see -

And no World War III;

In a general election you vote for an MP, simple as that, there are areas in the UK that chose not to vote for mainstrem parties. Lets face it, you may have a member of the Monster raving loony party on your ballot paper,
you may chose to vote for that person.....or not.
It's not "as simple as that". There are exceptions where certain people will have a protest vote, and vote for Monster Raving Loony, but how many Monster Raving Loony MPs have there been?  IN GENERAL, as we've seen for decades upon decades, unless there is a marginal seat, where it can change hands between Labour or Conservative, people vote for THE PARTY.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.07.16 23:32

@tnb wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote: "It should be pointed out that at a General Election, we vote for a party, not a person."

I accept the correction.

You're quite right, we do vote for an MP.

What I meant is that the end result is that we elect a party to govern us

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 12.07.16 23:35

In an election ballot you put your cross beside the MP representing a political party in your constituency - you are therefore voting for a political party not a particular politician.

If not, I seriously suggest you abstain from voting because your local MP is a representative for your favoured political party - NOT a lone crusader.  Nothing constructive can be achieved by favouring an individual rather than a party.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tnb on 12.07.16 23:42

@Verdi wrote:In an election ballot you put your cross beside the MP representing a political party in your constituency - you are therefore voting for a political party not a particular politician.

If not, I seriously suggest you abstain from voting because your local MP is a representative for your favoured political party - NOT a lone crusader.
As much as I believe politicts is corupt, you are now taking things to a new conspiraloon level. Sorry if that offends.

tnb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 12.07.16 23:43

Whoever is to take the helm, the most important thing is to get the show on the road IMMEDIATELY by starting the Brexit negotiating procedure and moving forward as fast as possible - avoiding the inevitable bureaucratic delay tactics.

The sooner the UK take control of their own destiny the better - that way we can start to show the remainder of the EU that there is life after death!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 12.07.16 23:50

@tnb wrote:
@Verdi wrote:In an election ballot you put your cross beside the MP representing a political party in your constituency - you are therefore voting for a political party not a particular politician.

If not, I seriously suggest you abstain from voting because your local MP is a representative for your favoured political party - NOT a lone crusader.
As much as I believe politicts is corupt, you are now taking things to a new conspiraloon level. Sorry if that offends.
Not at all, you carry on - wouldn't be the first time I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist.  Water off a ducks back!

Having said that and bearing in mind your belief that politcts is corupt [sic.] - not quite sure how you read my comment to be a conspiracy theory.  Not important so no need to explain.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

brexit

Post by tnb on 12.07.16 23:53

@Verdi wrote:Whoever is to take the helm, the most important thing is to get the show on the road IMMEDIATELY by starting the Brexit negotiating procedure and moving forward as fast as possible - avoiding the inevitable bureaucratic delay tactics.

The soon the UK take control of their own destiny the better - that way we can start to show the remainder of the EU that there is life after death!
As much as I want Brexit, it won't happen, unless president May has been fooling us all.

tnb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 13.07.16 18:11

It's official now.  She has curtseyed to the Queen and is now living at No. 10.

According to reporters she has nicked her ideas from Ed Milliband and Vince Cable.

Great start then!

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 13.07.16 18:17

I've just listened to her speech outside Downing Street.   So many great things going to happen under her leadership for all of us (the under priviliged) - with so many new ideas.

Makes me wonder why she continued to serve under Camerun if so much change is needed?

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum