The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

THE JO COX MURDER & THE EU REFERENDUM

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: THE JO COX MURDER & THE EU REFERENDUM

Post by Copodenieve on 26.06.16 9:23

I'm a bit naïve on politics, so forgive me if this is a stupid question; Is there any possibility that the "Remain" campaigners will be able to obtain a re-vote? It's very worrying if this this could happen.
There are also some voting statistics circulating which reflect the percentages of the age groups of the people who voted and what they voted. Would I be corrected in assuming that these statistics are from a Poll, and therefore irrelevant?

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.06.16 9:41

@Copodenieve wrote:I'm a bit naïve on politics, so forgive me if this is a stupid question; Is there any possibility that the "Remain" campaigners will be able to obtain a re-vote? It's very worrying if this this could happen.

REPLY: No, none at all. Parliament, apart from one maverick Labour MP, seem to have accepted that the will of the people is clear and must be carried out. 'Blue Bag' has expressed an anxiety that the EU might come up with some kind of 'New Deal' which could then be put to a second referendum. I personally don't think that will happen, BUT very powerful people are behind the European Union project and will try virtually anything to keep the whole thing going  

There are also some voting statistics circulating which reflect the percentages of the age groups of the people who voted and what they voted. Would I be correct in assuming that these statistics are from a poll, and therefore irrelevant?

REPLY: Yes, it was from a poll. It basically showed that the older people were, the more likely they were to vote 'Leave'. Younger people who were strong 'Remain' supporters have been using - or rather abusing - this poll to suggest that the older generation are denying the younger generation a prosperous future inside the EU.  It is well known that, as a general rule, a person's political views will tend to become more conservative as they get older

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Agree ..

Post by Searcher on 26.06.16 9:49

Yes, Tony, a very strange week, with layers of manipulation that usually, as the general public, we don't quite see. Useful perhaps that this time it has been so visible.  Interesting info in your post, and much to think about. Especially as this has been fed to us as a 'deeply caring, humanitarian stand' that should have a common purpose of love and commitment [if we have any shred of caring in our hearts] all round the world.  Sounds a bit familiar ..

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 26.06.16 9:52

Thank you Tony

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 26.06.16 11:15

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Copodenieve wrote:I'm a bit naïve on politics, so forgive me if this is a stupid question; Is there any possibility that the "Remain" campaigners will be able to obtain a re-vote? It's very worrying if this this could happen.

REPLY: No, none at all. Parliament, apart from one maverick Labour MP, seem to have accepted that the will of the people is clear and must be carried out. 'Blue Bag' has expressed an anxiety that the EU might come up with some kind of 'New Deal' which could then be put to a second referendum. I personally don't think that will happen, BUT very powerful people are behind the European Union project and will try virtually anything to keep the whole thing going  

There are also some voting statistics circulating which reflect the percentages of the age groups of the people who voted and what they voted. Would I be correct in assuming that these statistics are from a poll, and therefore irrelevant?

REPLY: Yes, it was from a poll. It basically showed that the older people were, the more likely they were to vote 'Leave'. Younger people who were strong 'Remain' supporters have been using - or rather abusing - this poll to suggest that the older generation are denying the younger generation a prosperous future inside the EU.  It is well known that, as a general rule, a person's political views will tend to become more conservative as they get older

You really have to look at what happened to Ireland after they REJECTED the Lisbon treaty first time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/5579684/Ireland-to-hold-second-referendum-on-Lisbon-Treaty.html

There are powerful and devious people at work.

We must be vigilant.

It's not over until we actually leave.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Vigilance ..

Post by Searcher on 26.06.16 11:52

Yes, we need to watch this every step of the way.

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 26.06.16 14:00

Yes we have to watch and I hope that the other five countries who want a referendum to come out of the EU get it sorted quickly.

The EU is doomed and they only have themselves to blame.

It has been reported this morning that Germany's economic situation has become worse than ours since our vote to Brexit.

All this scaremongering, but we are seeing that they need us more than we need them.

Why haven't the BBC reported this?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 26.06.16 15:04

Funny Sturgeon didn't  mention vetoi-ng brexit when she was on Marr. Yet by mid-morning came the newsflash. 

Lots going on behind the scenes. Cameron gets aggressive in failure. Too, too quiet. Where's  Gideon?.

John Kerry flying in for talks re EU. Glued to Kerry's  side in US is  Philip Hammond. Both look a bit cocky.

Everyone's  eyes on the Labour show. Very convenient distraction.  Hmm.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 26.06.16 15:26

@plebgate wrote:Yes we have to watch and I hope that the other five countries who want a referendum to come out of the EU get it sorted quickly.

The EU is doomed and they only have themselves to blame.

It has been reported this morning that Germany's economic situation has become worse than ours since our vote to Brexit.

All this scaremongering, but we are seeing that they need us more than we need them.

Why haven't the BBC reported this?
I know, I know. It's a rhetorical question. .......................................

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 26.06.16 15:34

@Mirage wrote:Funny Sturgeon didn't  mention vetoi-ng brexit when she was on Marr. Yet by mid-morning came the newsflash. 

Lots going on behind the scenes. Cameron gets aggressive in failure. Too, too quiet. Where's  Gideon?.

John Kerry flying in for talks re EU. Glued to Kerry's  side in US is  Philip Hammond. Both look a bit cocky.

Apparently  Ms Sturgeon has been rebuffed by the EU and told that she cannot make a separate deal to remain whilst the rest of the UK leave. She's been told, '' that's not how it works.'' She has to seek full independence first and then re apply to join and accept the euro as currency if successful . I wonder how many Scots would actually vote for independence in the event of a referendum knowing that her intention was to  put the Scots' fate in the hands of an unelected EU bureaucracy .................a failing one at that....... afterwards ? The Scots are a proud race and quite capable of dealing with their own affairs .  No wonder she's wicked as a wasp.
Where IS Gideon ?

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 26.06.16 19:20

@kaz wrote:
@Mirage wrote:Funny Sturgeon didn't  mention vetoi-ng brexit when she was on Marr. Yet by mid-morning came the newsflash. 

Apparently  Ms Sturgeon has been rebuffed by the EU and told that she cannot make a separate deal to remain whilst the rest of the UK leave. She's been told, '' that's not how it works.'' She has to seek full independence first and then re apply to join and accept the euro as currency if successful . I wonder how many Scots would actually vote for independence in the event of a referendum knowing that her intention was to  put the Scots' fate in the hands of an unelected EU bureaucracy .................a failing one at that....... afterwards ? The Scots are a proud race and quite capable of dealing with their own affairs .  No wonder she's wicked as a wasp.
Where IS Gideon ?
Hi Kaz. That all makes sense . Talk about opportunistic. She is a headstrong woman with unbridled personal ambition.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 29.06.16 21:48

Richard's latest documentary is out today and can be seen on richplanet.net and youtube.

Includes Jo Cox material. I'm just finishing downloading it and haven't seen it yet.

The link for Part 1 is...     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lRvbErE8Hk

http://www.richplanet.net/starship_main.php?ref=225&part=1

whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 1:21

If voters are influenced by what they read in a rag such as the Daily Star without question, they should be excluded from the electorate. 

This must be where the ignorant ill-informed public suggestion comes from - in which case I shamefully admit they are right!

The collective media is a disgrace and insult to the average intelligence - hype, propaganda, sensationalism and titillation.  They should be thoroughly ashamed on themselves.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo on 30.06.16 9:41

@whatsupdoc wrote:Richard's latest documentary is out today and can be seen on richplanet.net and youtube.

Includes Jo Cox material. I'm just finishing downloading it and haven't seen it yet.

I have watched it and I would warn everyone it has Dr Nick Kollerstrom on parts two and three. If u don't know already who he is he's a "history REVISIONIST" ie holocaust denier!

Roxyroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.06.16 10:30

@Roxyroo wrote:
@whatsupdoc wrote:Richard's latest documentary is out today and can be seen on richplanet.net and youtube.

I have watched it and I would warn everyone it has Dr Nick Kollerstrom on parts two and three. If u don't know already who he is he's a "history REVISIONIST" ie holocaust denier!
I agree with your warning. Nick Kollerstrom's evidence for many of his conspiracy theories is woefully inadequate.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 13:11

Apart from briefly touching on the subject of the murder of Joe Cox by association with unwarranted speculation, I really can't see what connection Richard D Hall's video/s has with the EU referendum.

To even contemplate the idea that Jo Cox was murdered in connection with the EU referendum is a conspiracy theory too far for my liking.  I'm still waiting for some bright spark to weave the McCanns into the referendum - I guess there's still time.

If I'm being more than usually obtuse, maybe someone could enlighten me.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Manipulation ..

Post by Searcher on 30.06.16 13:24

Possible manipulation of events, emotions, outcome, by brutal means - in a way that we do not usually see?

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 13:34

@Searcher wrote:Possible manipulation of events, emotions, outcome, by brutal means - in a way that we do not usually see?
Yes, I get the gist of the general tenor of the debate but I can't see a tangible connection between the murder of Jo Cox and the subject of the EU referendum.  As I said, a conspiracy theory too far for my liking.

I mean no disrespect to Richard D Hall, he is only using an existing hypothesis as an example of what could be, rather than what is in relation to the subject matter of his video.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Manipulation ..

Post by Searcher on 30.06.16 14:49

I do see that Verdi - a conspiracy too far; but very easy to see one even so!  We heard on media that Downing Street had seen results of postal vote and 80% had voted to Leave.  They went into panic.  In the ten days that followed, the campaign was grounded for 5-6 days, while the Remain side continued to campaign even so, by being audible and visible (tee shirts and so on).  

Even on the day before the vote, the Wednesday, a rally was held in the afternoon in Trafalgar Square, with tributes 'all around the world'.  These events were reported for days on every news bulletin.  In PR terms a programme had been arranged to supplant the Referendum campaign and replace it with another, emotive agenda.  A split was produced as well, between the victim of a terrible event, who swiftly became a martyr and near-saint on the Remain side, against a constructed 'devil' on the Leave side.  

Anyway, that is how many people have thought it through, with added concerns that something almost identical happened in Sweden three days before a crucial referendum vote on Europe.  Then again, there are coincidences - but the older I become the less I believe in them ..

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 16:23

@Searcher wrote:I do see that Verdi - a conspiracy too far; but very easy to see one even so!  We heard on media that Downing Street had seen results of postal vote and 80% had voted to Leave.  They went into panic.  In the ten days that followed, the campaign was grounded for 5-6 days, while the Remain side continued to campaign even so, by being audible and visible (tee shirts and so on).  

Even on the day before the vote, the Wednesday, a rally was held in the afternoon in Trafalgar Square, with tributes 'all around the world'.  These events were reported for days on every news bulletin.  In PR terms a programme had been arranged to supplant the Referendum campaign and replace it with another, emotive agenda.  A split was produced as well, between the victim of a terrible event, who swiftly became a martyr and near-saint on the Remain side, against a constructed 'devil' on the Leave side.  

Anyway, that is how many people have thought it through, with added concerns that something almost identical happened in Sweden three days before a crucial referendum vote on Europe.  Then again, there are coincidences - but the older I become the less I believe in them ..
Point taken!  For the moment I will adjust my thinking to include the feasibilty that the incident was used to advantage by the Brexit lobby, otherwise I'll reserve further comment until such times as additional information is available that might sway my opinion.

I do however think that atrocities such as this sometime unecessarily add fuel to an already volatile situation - used as propaganda one might say.  If for example, a crazed gunman storms a public venue shouting 'Allahu Akbar' gunning down everyone in sight, the immediate reaction is terrorist attack in the name of Islam - never that the gunman is just a psychopath on the rampage with no religious convictions. 

Every murder, where the victim is a high profile personality,  attracts conspiracy theorists - it's par for the course.  This particular case has political connections - a subject I generally prefer to avoid.  It's like trying to fathom the depths of the Marianas Trench and what lies within.

My main reason for commenting on the thread was in regard to the Richard D Hall's video.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 11.07.16 21:49

The black/white hat didn't bother me; I thought it must have been a policeman's cap on the floor.

The jacket didn't bother me either because the police were looking for the rucksack around all the neighbours houses near where they caught him, as they believed he took the jacket off and threw it away with the rucksack or hid it.

What does bother me though, is that the very first photo that I saw of the arrest was definitely outside his house in Fieldhead. Yet the arrest I see in these photos is in Howden Clough, where he was supposed to have been seen walking towards.

I am told by everyone that he was arrested in Howden Clough, and even my friend said he was arrested in front of her son's house who lives there. However, my mum and I are very puzzled because the first photo we saw hours after the shooting was definitely Fieldhead Estate, right outside the house where he lived.

I also can't understand why he would walk calmly towards Howden Clough, which is the opposite way to his house.

Can anyone shed any light on the photos? I have tried to find that first photo again, but I can't. I found it on facebook, but not sure if it was on a "Birstall News" link or if it was a photo someone else had posted. It maybe nothing, but my mum won't let it go.

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 12.07.16 6:07

Three locations that I can see, but only one arrest site:

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.07.16 7:48

In the week after Jo Cox was murdered, she was portrayed as a saint.

However, since then we have learnt much more about the closeness of her and her husband to powerful people like Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

Her contributions in the House of Commons seemed to be mostly about Syria, and not about her constituents' concerns.

She was apparently about to produce a report on the threat of the 'rise of the extreme right' in Yorkshire, when I would have thought that it was pretty obvious that the main threat from residents in her constituency was from the rise of 'home-grown Islamist terrorists in her area (see, e.g. 'The Islamic Republic of Dewsbury').  

There are basically two views about the dreadful events in Syria over the past four years:

1. Bassar-al-Assad is a very bad, brutal dictator and large sections of his oppressed people have risen up against him to overthrow him and bring in democracy

2. Bassar-al-Assad is no worse, some say better, than many other Arab dictators, and the rebellion against him has been co-ordinated and financed by American and other Western interests, as part of a campaign to deliberately destabilise Syria (for whatever reason).

I very much tend to subscribe to the latter view.

And if that is right, it seems on investigation that Brendan and Jo Cox were very close to those destabiiisng forces, and the 'White Helmets' charity they support appears to be much more about financing weapons for the rebel Al-Nusra Front than anything else.

On the subject of the circumstances of her murder, probably, as stated above, the main conundrum appears to be how the alleged killer could possibly have walked off a quarter to half a mile or so before being arrested, with cameras conveniently in position to record his arrest. To say the least, I find that curious.

And then, also, there was the strange phenomenon of two helicopters circling above Birstall on the very morning Jo Cox was murdered, such an unusual event that a journalist on a local radio station tweeted about it at about 9am that day: 

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jo Cox Murder and EU Referendum

Post by willowthewisp on 12.07.16 13:49

Hi Mr Bennett, thanks for your recent post with the Two prominent Helicopters on the day of Jo Cox's Murder and the arrest of the Alleged attacker,suspect,where he was arrested.
What I find amazing is that,there has been no "Post - Mortem" and we know it is a time of personal grief when a person dies in such circumstances and not wishing to intrude on the families grief,but no one from the MSM has covered the Funeral as far as I know, due to the MSM media exposure?
Jo Cox is thought to worked as a PR Representative to USA President Barack O'Bama in 2008, then becomes elected to Parliament, speaks on issues and Statements in the House of Commons,criticizing,both David Cameron and Barack O'Bama on the Syrian War conflict?
Then we have the EU Referendum,(Yob Geldof,Jo Cox+ Family Thames Demo) caught up right in the middle of the Syrian War and a lot of unanswered questions of Mrs Jo Cox's spouse and connections to Gordon Brown,charitable Employment causes, it certainly needs to be treated in a delicate way, so as not cause any further suffering to the families distress at this point in time?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.07.16 14:16

@willowthewisp wrote:Hi Mr Bennett, thanks for your recent post with the two prominent Helicopters on the day of Jo Cox's Murder and the arrest of the alleged attacker, suspect, where he was arrested.

What I find amazing is that there has been no "Post-Mortem"...
Yes there has, and an inquest was opened and then adjourned. This is commonplace where there is an ongoing police investigation.

The body was released to the family for a funeral, which may have been a private funeral which has already taken place, I don't know for sure.

More here:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/24/body-of-mp-jo-cox-released-to-family-for-funeral

ETA:  Just checked and Jo Cox's funeral will be this Friday (15 July).

Looks like it will be quite a big event:

Details are as follows - from approximately 10.30am on Friday, the cortege will follow a route along the A638 in Heckmondwike towards a slow-down point on Westgate/Market Street.

The cortege will then continue towards Batley where shortly after there will be a further slow-down point on Market Place/Cambridge Street before it leaves Batley.

Following this the family request that they be allowed to grieve privately

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum