The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by aquila on 05.02.16 9:29

I couldn't resist this

Swiss Spaghetti Harvest 1957

First broadcast on BBC Panorama on 1st April 1957, a very young Richard Dimbleby revealed the wonderful world of Swiss spaghetti production to millions of deprived and hungry post-war Brits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXmaS1ZzpA8

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.02.16 9:43

@willowthewisp wrote:Lee Harvey Oswald, assassination of JFK November 1963
Hmmm. Absolute proof??

============

Richard T Nixon, speaking on 17 November 1973 and lying through as many teeth as he had in his mouth - by denying any knowledge of the Watergate Hotel break in:

"I am not a crook"

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Columbo on 05.02.16 10:20

Rosie Ruiz

Columbo

Posts : 41
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2016-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Amy Dean on 05.02.16 10:26

Richard Nixon doesn't seem too bad going by modern standards of behaviour. 

People who did a Reggie Perrin and faked their own deaths like the canoe man John Darwin.

Amy Dean

Posts : 249
Reputation : 69
Join date : 2014-11-13
Age : 45
Location : Wherever I hang my hat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Dr What on 05.02.16 10:28

John Stonehouse

Dr What

Posts : 241
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2012-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by sallypelt on 05.02.16 11:11

The 1982 suicide verdict of Roberto Calvi

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by sallypelt on 05.02.16 11:13

The fatal shot that killed JFK came from the Texas Book Depository (from the back)

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great lies and hoax's

Post by willowthewisp on 05.02.16 11:41

@sallypelt wrote:The fatal shot that killed JFK came from the Texas Book Depository (from the back)
But was it Lee Harvey Oswald that fired this shot?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1360
Reputation : 516
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Amy Dean on 05.02.16 11:47

How did the fatal shot (if it came from behind) cause the violent backward movement of JFK's head?

Surely it came from the front?

Amy Dean

Posts : 249
Reputation : 69
Join date : 2014-11-13
Age : 45
Location : Wherever I hang my hat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by kaz on 05.02.16 12:00

Ernest Walter Saunders  is a former British business manager, best known as one of the "Guinness Four", a group of businessmen who attempted fraudulently to manipulate the share price of the Guinness company. He was sentenced to five years' imprisonment, but released after 10 months as he was believed to be suffering from Alzheimer's disease, which is incurable. He subsequently made a full recovery and as far as I know was  the only person ever known to have done so.

kaz

Posts : 330
Reputation : 272
Join date : 2014-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by BlueBag on 05.02.16 12:05

@sallypelt wrote:The fatal shot that killed JFK came from the Texas Book Depository (from the back)
I don't think so - the Policeman behind JFK got splattered with brain.

But aside from that, the wounding of JFK and Governer Connally with the same bullet from the 6th Floor of the TSBD is a physical impossibility.

You can't make the three points line up. People have tried and they always cheat.

Two bullets = conspiracy.

100%

BlueBag

Posts : 3434
Reputation : 1275
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.02.16 12:29

@sallypelt wrote:The 1982 suicide verdict of Roberto Calvi

Yes, @sallypelt, I'm 110% with you on that one, though not perhaps on one or two of your other suggestions.

==================

Thanks very much for all your contributions,  so far it's been quite an entertaining and informative ride.

I will add:

John Darwin, or 'Canoe Man' as he became known...

...went canoeing off Hartlepool (or, rather, didn't), his canoe was washed up, broken, on the North Sea coast somewhere, his wife asked for an inquest where he was pronounced dead ('misadventure' verdict IIRC)...but six years later he and his wife turned up living in a comfy 3-bedroom semi-detached house in Panama. An inevitable prison sentence - of six years for them both - followed

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by interestedobserver on 05.02.16 12:51

Michael Barrymore  "I can't swim".

interestedobserver

Posts : 36
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-06-19
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by sallypelt on 05.02.16 13:15

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:The 1982 suicide verdict of Roberto Calvi

Yes, @sallypelt, I'm 110% with you on that one, though not perhaps on one or two of your other suggestions.

==================

Thanks very much for all your contributions,  so far it's been quite an entertaining and informative ride.

I will add:

John Darwin, or 'Canoe Man' as he became known...

...went canoeing off Hartlepool (or, rather, didn't), his canoe was washed up, broken, on the North Sea coast somewhere, his wife asked for an inquest where he was pronounced dead ('misadventure' verdict IIRC)...but six years later he and his wife turned up living in a comfy 3-bedroom semi-detached house in Panama. An inevitable prison sentence - of six years for them both - followed
I would like a thread on the JFK assassination, if there are enough people with an interest in the case. And I mean a GENUINE interest, not people just with an opinion. There has been 50 years of information, with much, if not most, being total tosh. But after studying it, intermittently, for more than 30 years, I believe I have enough understanding of the case to separate the dross from the facts.

I can't post a photograph here, as we aren't allowed, but I will post it on the Murdoch "Scum" thread. It is a newspaper article that was put out WITHIN A FEW HOURS of JFK's assassination. Take particular notice of where the article tells us that JFK was shot. Then ask yourself, could  a "lone gunman" - who fired  "three shots" from the TSBD and was BEHIND the cavalcade - have shot JFK in the temple?

Photograph posted on Murdoch thread.


Edited to add that he photograph is also "too big" to post on the Murdoch thread, so here is the link to the referred newspaper:

http://www.downhold.org/lowry/pres16.jpg

It's the only reference I have been able to find where it states "shot in the temple". All other articles state "shot in the head".

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.02.16 13:29

@interestedobserver wrote:Michael Barrymore  "I can't swim".
Absolutely correct! @ interestedobserver

To which I would add: "Stuart Lubbock went for a swim in my pool and drowned"

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.02.16 13:39

@sallypelt wrote:
I would like a thread on the JFK assassination, if there are enough people with an interest in the case. And I mean a GENUINE interest, not people just with an opinion...

I can't post a photograph here, as we aren't allowed, but I will post it on the Murdoch 'Scum' thread. It is a newspaper article that was put out WITHIN A FEW HOURS of JFK's assassination. Take particular notice of where the article tells us that JFK was shot. Then ask yourself, could  a "lone gunman" - who fired  "three shots" from the TSBD and was BEHIND the cavalcade - have shot JFK in the temple?

Photograph posted on Murdoch thread.


Edited to add that he photograph is also "too big" to post on the Murdoch thread, so here is the link to the referred newspaper:

http://www.downhold.org/lowry/pres16.jpg

It's the only reference I have been able to find where it states "shot in the temple". All other articles state "shot in the head".
I have opened a separate thread for you >>  http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12431-the-j-f-kennedy-assassination-thread#331410  

...and I've put it in the 'Have Your Say' action for now.

The reason I've done this is that you stand a better chance of attracting outside interest, as non-members can post in this section.

It is also a somewhat risky strategy as anyone is free to post on the thread and there is a risk of disruption. The forum-owner might prefer it in the Member's Lounge.

===========


And while I'm here:

President Vladimir Putin: "I never knew nothing about Viktor Litvinenko being poisoned by polonoium..."

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by sallypelt on 05.02.16 13:52

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
I would like a thread on the JFK assassination, if there are enough people with an interest in the case. And I mean a GENUINE interest, not people just with an opinion...

I can't post a photograph here, as we aren't allowed, but I will post it on the Murdoch 'Scum' thread. It is a newspaper article that was put out WITHIN A FEW HOURS of JFK's assassination. Take particular notice of where the article tells us that JFK was shot. Then ask yourself, could  a "lone gunman" - who fired  "three shots" from the TSBD and was BEHIND the cavalcade - have shot JFK in the temple?

Photograph posted on Murdoch thread.


Edited to add that he photograph is also "too big" to post on the Murdoch thread, so here is the link to the referred newspaper:

http://www.downhold.org/lowry/pres16.jpg

It's the only reference I have been able to find where it states "shot in the temple". All other articles state "shot in the head".
I have opened a separate thread for you >>  http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12431-the-j-f-kennedy-assassination-thread#331410  

...and I've put it in the 'Have Your Say' action for now.

The reason I've done this is that you stand a better chance of attracting outside interest, as non-members can post in this section.

It is also a somewhat risky strategy as anyone is free to post on the thread and there is a risk of disruption. The forum-owner might prefer it in the Member's Lounge.

===========


And while I'm here:

President Vladimir Putin: "I never knew nothing about Viktor Litvinenko being poisoned by polonoium..."
 

Thank you, Tony.

I believe that we are very close to knowing the WHOLE truth of what happened in Dallas on 22 November 1963. Most of it IS known, but there are a few pieces needed to bring it all together, but what a scary story it is.  

There are still files on the case that won't be declassified until 2039. If I am still alive then, I will probably be too old to care titter .

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Amy Dean on 05.02.16 17:55

@Amy Dean wrote:Richard Nixon doesn't seem too bad going by modern standards of behaviour. 

People who did a Reggie Perrin and faked their own deaths like the canoe man John Darwin.
Tony, I got there first with John Darwin!

I see that he has a new young wife now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3132122/Now-canoe-conman-marries-secret-bride-half-age-John-Darwin-weds-faking-death-betraying-sons-dumping-wife.html

Amy Dean

Posts : 249
Reputation : 69
Join date : 2014-11-13
Age : 45
Location : Wherever I hang my hat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.02.16 19:01

@Amy Dean wrote:
@Amy Dean wrote:Richard Nixon doesn't seem too bad going by modern standards of behaviour. 

People who did a Reggie Perrin and faked their own deaths like the canoe man John Darwin.
Tony, I got there first with John Darwin!
Apologies, I missed that.

Let me replace my John Darwin with a much bigger, much more sinister figure...

Alfred Kinsey author of books about sex - completely faked his data, but much worse than that, was a child sex pervert and abuser:

http://www.whale.to/b/reisman3.html

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.02.16 19:09

The Piltdown Man hoax:

A group of top men from the world of science and false religion determined to convince us that we evolved - by faking a skull out of bits of human and ape fragments - the fraud involved famous Jesuit theologian Pierre Teilhard de Chardin and top men at the Natural History Museum and deceived people for 50 years.

The fraud was finally exposed IIRC in the 1960s:


____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by roy rovers on 05.02.16 23:43

Lance Armstrong

I recommend 'Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit of Lance Armstrong' by David Walsh. I read it cover to cover in one sitting on hols last summer. What a liar!!

Also:
From interview by Paul Kimmage in the Observer Sunday 20 October
Lance Armstrong tells Alex Gibney: 'The lie is no longer believable'
In 2009, the filmmaker set out to make The Road Back, about the cyclist's comeback, but found himself telling the story of sport's biggest cover-up, in The Armstrong Lie

 'I think the really interesting thing with the story, and in a way what the film is about, is the anatomy of a lie. How does a lie hide in plain sight? There was so much evidence staring everybody in the face and yet so many people wanted to believe the beautiful lie, rather than the ugly truth.'

Full interview
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/20/lance-armstrong-drugs-in-sport

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Tony Bennett on 06.02.16 0:10

@roy rovers wrote:Lance Armstrong

I recommend 'Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit of Lance Armstrong' by David Walsh. I read it cover to cover in one sitting on hols last summer. What a liar!!

Also:
From interview by Paul Kimmage in the Observer Sunday 20 October
Lance Armstrong tells Alex Gibney: 'The lie is no longer believable'
In 2009, the filmmaker set out to make The Road Back, about the cyclist's comeback, but found himself telling the story of sport's biggest cover-up, in The Armstrong Lie

 'I think the really interesting thing with the story, and in a way what the film is about, is the anatomy of a lie. How does a lie hide in plain sight? There was so much evidence staring everybody in the face and yet so many people wanted to believe the beautiful lie, rather than the ugly truth.'

Full interview
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/20/lance-armstrong-drugs-in-sport
Very very interesting.

Of course, many liars, con-men and fraudsters are very practised, with years of experience of effortless lying. Politicians are a prime example. In extreme cases, this develops into psychopathic behaviour where it appears that people really can no longer tell the difference between their lies and the truth.

What comes out in the above bolded quote is the charismatic, almost mesmeric technique of some serial liars - a kind of hypnotic power a bit like some occultic force. Jimmy Savile is perhaps the stand-out example - and of course it's known that he lived with and trained with one of the leading practitioners of the rather dark mesmeric arts for a few years during World War II.

To be able to detect liars is a great and much-needed skill which is why I always look forward to Hobs' posts here.

OK, step forward my next hoaxer:

===========

SIR CYRIL BURT  - successfully faked IQ test results, deceiving the educational establishment for a full 20 years:

LINK:  http://pubs.socialistreviewindex.org.uk/sr196/parrington.htm

EXTRACT:     "Things started to unravel soon after Burt's death, when it was shown by respected US psychologist Leon Kamin that Burt's figures constituted a statistical impossibility. 'A liar and a fraud,' was Kamin's verdict. This charge was borne out when it was found that Burt's two female 'collaborators', who supposedly collected and processed his data, had never worked with him and probably never existed!
"Eventually even Burt's friend and official biographer, Leslie Hearnshaw, was forced to accept that the charges of fraud were justified".

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Joannep43 on 06.02.16 8:44

Low fat diet,BMI body mass index as an indicator of health and high cholesterol.
I'm not sure what decade the low fat and high carbohydrate diet was indcoctrinated into western society possibly the 80s or 90s.  This low fat diet advice must have been sanctioned by governments as physicians and all  were recommending .However huge studies have now shown that low fat diet in the long term is dangerous to health.  Fats are essential to our health and lack of fat in the diet has been proven in the long term  to cause heart disease,gives higher risk of certain cancers and affects our neurological system etc.
BMI as an indicator of health is now considered by many scholars to be inaccurate.  They also state that people with a higher BMI outside of the healthy range of 18 -25 can also be healthy.Many argue that our health can only be determined by what are blood test results show.BMI is inaccurate because it doesn't take into account muscle mass,bone density and body shape.So millions of people are being duped into believing they are unhealthy because their BMI is slightly high.  BMI in the U.S is used as a tool to calculate health insurance policies.
High cholesterol,millions are on statins to reduce their cholesterol levels and yet there are sub types of cholesterol and we are told certain types are bad for us?
Just how much money has been made and is being made in the low fat industry from books, food production and products.
How much money are big pharmaceutical companies making from these cholesterol busting drugs. will surveys find in the future elevated cholesterol levels aren't harmful to health?
Note that if a person is excessively overweight that is unhealthy and is proven and I'm not disagreeing with that.
Did our governments not know that fat in our diet is essential for health?  Also studies have shown that if people in their 70 s 80s and 90s have extra padding on them this fat can help them to live a longer life.  The low fat industry have removed fat from products and loaded them with sugars.  Excess sugar in the diet is damaging.
Has it all been , is it all a lie, a deception or bad advice I'm not sure, but millions have been affected.

Joannep43

Posts : 74
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2015-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great lies and hoax's

Post by willowthewisp on 06.02.16 14:49

Chillcot Report,when it's published,eh teflon Tony?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1360
Reputation : 516
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GREAT LIES AND HOAXES

Post by Agent X on 06.02.16 18:51

Post deleted. Not relevant to this topic - Admin

Agent X
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum