The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MEDICAL ABUSE OF POWER in the case of 5-year-old ASHYA KING - An absolutely MUST WATCH 10-minute video made by the father last night in Malaga

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MEDICAL ABUSE OF POWER in the case of 5-year-old ASHYA KING - An absolutely MUST WATCH 10-minute video made by the father last night in Malaga

Post by aquila on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:20 pm

@Nina wrote:As a sufferer of cancer I can state that you are never classed as cured, rather in remission certainly for 5 years in the UK. At 5 years if you are without a recurrence you are discharged from your regular checks and oncology appointments with instructions to see your GP if you are concerned about anything.
So bless the little chap, he is in remission and I pray he continues to be.
and bless you too Nina. You've had a tough time. I hope your remission continues. roses

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MEDICAL ABUSE OF POWER in the case of 5-year-old ASHYA KING - An absolutely MUST WATCH 10-minute video made by the father last night in Malaga

Post by j.rob on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:41 pm

@PeterMac wrote:I hesitate to post again, but may hit the button.
The parents clearly know that their son is going to die very soon.  That is a remarkable acceptance by people so close to him, and one which sometimes we do not see so clearly.
They have grasped the situation.
He has already had conventional surgery to remove as much of the tumour as reasonably could be.
The result of the tumour AND of the surgery is that he is blind, deaf, without speech and unable to move.
Further interventions by chemo or radio or proton-therapy can only slow or stop what remains of the tumour
NOTHING will ever bring him back to being a bright 5 year old
He cannot be CURED. The family acknowledge that.
Not with cutting edge medical science nor with prayer, nor any alternative therapy.
It is already too late.
In this case, sadly, there are no miracles available.

I know of other people who are taking "unconventional" medications to try to prevent recurrence of their original problem.
With respect, that is not a comparable situation.  The original problem was dealt with by conventional means, drugs, surgery, radio and chemo- therapies.
But I am sure I would do exactly the same in their circumstances, and indeed myself take one or two "things"
marketed as reducing the likelihood of various mens' conditions.   Having researched the various ingredients all I can say is that at worst they may be useless.

'Experts' do not always get it right. Especially when there is 'expertise' in another area which, perhaps, they have not discovered themselves.  Just a thought.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:22 pm

@PeterMac wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/ashya-king-inside-the-czech-proton-therapy-centre-9715200.html

Sadly the most telling paragraph is
"Peter Wilson, the chief pediatrician at the Southampton hospital, seemed to acknowledge the medical profession’s suspicion of proton therapy for medulloblastoma earlier this week when he told the BBC that, despite his better judgement, a referral to Prague had not, after all, been ruled out.
“We were going to refer him to Prague for proton radiotherapy despite the fact that we felt it was not going to do him any benefit,” Dr Wilson said.

But desperate parents will do anything to prolong the existence of a child.
“We also agreed it wasn’t going to do him any harm so we had agreed that if it could be privately funded, which is normal standard practice in this country and happens a lot of times, we would support them,” he said."

and then
"Over the past two decades proton beam therapy has become the treatment of choice in Europe and the United States for several kinds of cancers - but not for medulloblastoma which is still not a recommended condition in the UK for proton therapy, according to NHS England, "

Peter Wilson's "better judgement" perhaps needs some re-evaluation.

Also, surely the NHS should be shouting from the roof-tops that they saved so much money on a patient. After all, we are always being told how their budgets are so constrained. 

“We also agreed it wasn’t going to do him any harm so we had agreed that if it could be privately funded, which is normal standard practice in this country and happens a lot of times, we would support them,” he said."

So magnanimous of them!

Do you mean that parents who care about their children will try to do everything they can to help and support them? And when they are ill they will seek out the best possible care for them?

Unlike the parents and friends of Madeleine McCann who failed to protect her, imo.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum