The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Does being obnoxious make you guilty?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Does being obnoxious make you guilty?

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 08.07.13 8:54

To the original question, I believe being obnoxious would increase the chances of guilt. It stands to reason that a "not-very-nice" person would be more likely to be guilty of something than someone good, decent and humble, by dint of their core values.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.13 9:14

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:To the original question, I believe being obnoxious would increase the chances of guilt. It stands to reason that a "not-very-nice" person would be more likely to be guilty of something than someone good, decent and humble, by dint of their core values.

Good point.  Its an interesting debate.  I suspect the same could be said about psychopathy as there would be no remorse for bad actions against others.  There might be some research on this somewhere - I`ll have a look round later.

However, it can never be said to prove guilt, just increase the chances.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.13 9:28

Not to forget that what constitutes being obnoxious is all a matter of opinion.

According to Jeremy Vine and / or his charmless guest Nina Myscow, a person who had doubts about the McCanns was obnoxious!

I can't think of a particular example at the moment (too naffing hot!) but how many times have we heard of someone committing the most heinous crime and his or her friends and neighbours saying that they can't believe it because Mr or Ms X was such a lovely person.

I think that all of us have the capability to commit serious crimes but thankfully most of us choose not to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.13 10:18

This Charming Psychopathhttp://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199401/charming-psychopath

Psychopaths are dangerous because they can be very charming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.13 11:46

Poe wrote:This Charming Psychopathhttp://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199401/charming-psychopath

Poe, thanks for finding artical very informative and easy to understand why they can be very charming.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 08.07.13 12:42

Cherry Blossom wrote:
Poe wrote:This Charming Psychopathhttp://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199401/charming-psychopath

Poe, thanks for finding artical very informative and easy to understand why they can be very charming.
I haven't been able to open the above but did manage to open this;
http://aftermath-surviving-psychopathy.org/index.php/2011/02/24/this-charming-psychopath-how-to-spot-social-predators-before-they-attack/
Fascinating reading; yes, I was married to one...quite a journey to survival, but it's so useful to see it spelled out and to be able to know what to be watching out for / how to recognise psychopathic tendencies.
This case in particular. We are looking at Certain parents for sure, protected without doubt by higher levels.
The battle for bringing justice to Madeleine is the battle of getting past enough of the psychopaths blocking the way to 'true, unadulterated' justice.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum