The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Jeremy Wilkins

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by j.rob on 11.05.14 20:46

Sorry, unclear that this was a quote from tigger:


Can't see a problem there, if he was complicit in establishing Gerry's alibi, I doubt he'd been so unwilling to corroborate Gerry's statement. 

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 231
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by j.rob on 12.05.14 13:19

@j.rob wrote:Sorry, unclear that this was a quote from tigger:


Can't see a problem there, if he was complicit in establishing Gerry's alibi, I doubt he'd been so unwilling to corroborate Gerry's statement. 


Perhaps he was establishing an alibi for himself - or for both him and Gerry! Or perhaps he wanted to discredit Jane Tanner's version of events, for some reason. Perhaps he wasn't prepared to run with 'Tanner-man' - he clearly had a different agenda to JT. Whoever Smith-man was perhaps Jez was keen to provide an alibi for not just Gerry but himself as well - maybe someone else even?

Also, it is quite odd that the Irish family who spotted 'Smithman' did not come forward to police at the first instance. I mean, a child is allegedly abducted and a family of nine walk past a man carrying a child who could answer Madeleine's description (who avoids eye contact with them) at almost exactly the time that the child was found missing. I mean, why on earth would they not report that immediately? For all they knew it could have been the abductor?!

And, given that the Smith family (or some of them) are sure it wasn't Robert Murat, but think it was Gerry McCann, you do wonder what is going on here? 

And I am also curious about the testimony of the sisters, Jayne Jensen and Annie Wiltshire. Because, according to them, after they finished eating at the Tapas bar that evening, they headed off to a bar for a nightcap. Given it was off-season and not everywhere would have been open, could the sisters have been heading to the same bar that the Smith family were in? And their testimony has Annie remaining in the bar after they heard the news about Madeleine, while the other sister returns to the resort to search for Madeleine. Curious as to which bar it was.

Also, it is of interest is that Jez only mentioned 'Rasta-man' the following day to police. Whereas, according to at least one of his accounts of the evening, the first he knew about Madeleine's disappearance was when he was woken up by the Ocean Club manager and one of the tapas gang at 1.30pm in the early hours of Friday. He was told that Madeleine had been abducted, so surely, if, as he claims, he saw a dodgy looking 'Rasta-man' looking suspicious, why on earth would he not mention this to the resort manager that night? If he and his partner who had worked on Crimewatch genuinely wanted to help find a missing child, they would both have realized that time is of the essence, surely? 

Yet - according to the Mail article which is up-thread, Jez only joined searches the following day. This is despite the fact that Bridget, apparently, claims that her their own child 'played and danced' with Madeleine during the week at the kiddie club. 

Instead, he says nothing at all in the early hours and doesn't bother to search because, as his partner Bridget says: Madeleine had already been missing for three hours. So there's no point, then? Oh, but I forgot, in another of Jez' accounts of the evening, he appears to suggest that he only heard what had happened in the morning, But despite the fact that an abductor is still, potentially, at large, both he and his partner put their child into the kid's club.

Why did Jez tell police he was in the restaurant the evening on Friday 4th where he spotted suspicious looking 'Rasta-man' and then, three days later, change the story radically to pushing his pram around the resort and bumping into Gerry?

And if 'Rasta-man' was, as is suggested by the comments in blue on the police eye-witness statements (highlighted up thread with links) really was identified as a fellow guest at the resort, Michael or Mike Sperrey who was staying with his wife Claire in an apartment at Ocean Club, then why does Jez Wilkins say in one of his statements (or in media interviews) that he spoke to Robert Murat a few days later who told him that they had looked into 'Rasta-man' who was a local man and 'everything was fine'.

Robert Murat's identification of 'Rasta-man' is therefore different to the police identification. 'A local man' has quite a different connotation to a fellow guest at the hotel. He is either a local or a resort guest - highly unlikely (although not impossible I suppose!) to be both. 

Jez Wilkins seems to wax and wane with his 'Rasta-man' sighting. First he spots him in the restaurant while Jez is in there.. for only a short time (Rasta-man, that is) ...next account Jez spots him the toilet near the bar where Jez is for a short time and Rasta-man is for a longer time.

Then Rasta-man disappears completely in at least one of Jez' accounts.

And, if Rasta-man was identified as a fellow guest - Mike Sperry - who was staying at the resort that week with his wife, then you would imagine that with his distinctive appearance Jez and Bridget would have noticed him. And realized he was a guest at the resort. Maybe even one who had eaten at the Tapas bar with them. After all, there were only, apparently, around 60 guests in the resort at the time.

If, as Jez claims Robert Murat told him, Rasta-man is a local man who happened (as Jez told police) to be in the restaurant the evening that Madeleine disappeared and happened to use the toilet in the bar (as Jez also told police) when Jez was also in there with his pram, then Rasta-man would, presumably, be very happy to come forward to police and clear his name. Plus also be very happy to give impartial and honest eye-witness accounts to the police about whether he saw anything suspicious the evening that Madeleine disappeared.

For instance, what does 'Rasta-man' have to say about Jez Wilkins?? He cannot have missed him in the toilets that night as Jez had a pram with him and I doubt he could have fitted his pram into an enclosed toilet cubicle, assuming this is what Jez used. So 'Rasta-man', while going in or out of the toilet facilities would have, at the very least, spotted Jez' pram.

Perhaps it was an invisible pram!  big grin

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 231
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Little things

Post by Christina on 14.05.14 3:57

I've been thwarted twice to post to another thread, mostly of my own inept doings, but I've moved to here in a third time lucky kind of way. In any case, this thought of the post belongs here.

I've gone back to the images of the earliest statement from him in the original handwritten form. Parts/words, but only a few, weren't transcribed as they were deemed unreadable. I think I know what a particular bit says - when Jez met Gerry. Page 6 of 8 of the statement, about two thirds down the page:

Jeremy Wilkins Deposition May 4th 2007

Page 6 of 8 ( http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm )

"I met him near some stairs and a ground floor flat. There was a gate leading up to some stairs. I was pretty certain that he had left the apartment. We spoke for a few minutes. He said 'You're on walking duty'. I said I was staying in and the pros and cons and what to do with the children.  He said that if* he was staying two (2) weeks he may stay in one night. I don't remember anyone else walk past with a child. The conversation lasted for about three (3) to five (5) minutes. "

(*"as" is written underneath/over? the word "if" ).

The sentence in bold wasn't fully transcribed, but I'm sure that's what it says. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So fast forward to Bridget in her piece 7 months later. She says this is what the two speak of:

Original Source: GUARDIAN: FRIDAY 14 DECEMBER 2007
Bridget O'Donnell  Friday December 14 2007
 
"Our baby would not sleep and at about 8.30pm, Jes took him out for a walk in the buggy to settle him. Gerry was on his way back from checking on his children and the two men stopped to have a chat. They talked about daughters, fathers, families. Gerry was relaxed and friendly. They discussed the babysitting dilemmas at the resort and Gerry said that he and Kate would have stayed in too, if they had not been on holiday in a group."

Whaat? Bit different.

ETA Jez says he was: 'pretty certain he had left the apartment'. Subtly and conveniently changed by Bridget to: 'Gerry was on his way back from checking on his children'.

Christina

Posts : 47
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by j.rob on 20.05.14 17:02

Yes, there are all sorts of inconsistencies. However, I am coming to the conclusion that Jez Wilkins, Michael Sperry (Jez' surfing buddy) and Stephen Carpenter are all key witnesses. Jez' account of bumping into a suspicious 'rasta-man' in the toilet near the Tapas restaurant on 3rd May is of note - the man is later apparently thought by police to be Michael Sperry.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id468.html

I wonder who the other surfing buddy that Stephen mentions in his witness statement is?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STEPHEN-CARPENTER.htm

I think Neil Berry and Raj Palu are also important witnesses, and I do believe they reported seeing suspicious activity near the McCann apartment the day or evening of 3rd May, but I am unable to find their earliest witness statements.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 231
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by jeanmonroe on 21.05.14 0:33

Jeremy Wilkins Deposition May 4th 2007

Page 6 of 8 ( http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm )

"I met him near some stairs and a ground floor flat. There was a gate leading up to some stairs. I was pretty certain that he had left the apartment. We spoke for a few minutes. He said 'You're on walking duty'. I said I was staying in and the pros and cons and what to do with the children.  He said that if* he was staying two (2) weeks he may stay in one night. I don't remember anyone else walk past with a child. The conversation lasted for about three (3) to five (5) minutes. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear Mr Wilkins.

As i have pointed out, ad nauseum, some would say, Mr Wilkins could NOT have met GM 'by the gate leading to some stairs' (to 5A) because GM has already CROSSED the entire street and is 'chatting' to JW on the opposite side of the street to the gateway entrance to 5A.

As attested to by KM in her two 'bewks' GM on Oprah (complete with 'whooshing hand' movement) and in his signed witness statements.

WHY is Mr Wilkins blantantly lying? (about WHERE he met Mr McCann)

And if he is not lying, why hasn't he sued the McCanns for stating, in print and on TV. that he did lie to the police? (about WHERE he met GM)

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5309
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Guest on 21.05.14 0:42

And poor old weeping Tanner, vindicated but still ignored, pooh-poohed by a circlet of patronizing Gerryites.

Why is it so crucial that they were across the road? As well as to give them an excuse for not seeing Tanner was GM trying a diversionary tactic? What could have been under the stairs?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Okeydokey on 21.05.14 1:38

Excellent point Dee Coy.  One always has to focus on motivation.

Okeydokey

Posts : 920
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by jeanmonroe on 21.05.14 1:41

But the McCanns , BOTH, completely CONTRADICT themselves when saying, in print and on TV, WHERE GM 'chatted' to JW!

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_3_MAY_07.htm

Page 886
Portimao Criminal Investigation Department
201/07.OGALGS
O INSPECTOR
M.P.
ATTACHED
On this date, I attached to these official papers 3 computer printed pages, relating to the description of the events, that have been collectively prepared by the NINE people of the group in question, that was delivered to this Police Officer by the British Liaison Official, before the start of re-questioning of those same people.
Portimao, 10 May 2007
INSPECTOR
M.P.
========================================
[3 page attachment] Pages 887-890
Original written in English.  
Sequence of Events: Thursday 3rd May 2007 - 2030 to 2200
As RECALLED by:

Gerry McCann - 5A
Kate McCann - 5A
David Payne - 5H (First floor)
Fiona Payne - 5H (First floor)
Dianne Webster - 5H (First floor)
Jane Tanner - 5D
Russell O'Brien - 5D
Matthew Oldfield - 5B
Rachael Oldfield - 5B

2115: JT leaves table, and sees GM talking with fellow resident ("Jez" Wilkins) outside the patio gate of 5A. The two were standing just up the hill from the gate towards Rua A. da Silva Road. She did not speak to GM as she PASSED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, NO 'CROSSING' the street THEN, from GM! (10th May 2007)

But when we get to 'mockumentary' bewks and TV shows, GM (now totally 'backed, 100%, by KM) has miraculously 'CROSSED' the entire street AWAY from gateway to 5A to 'chat' with JW!

Somebody's lying, DCI Redwood, but who?

YOU and your 38 strong 'team' decide!

And here's another for Operation Strange.

If JW is where he says he was, by gate to 5A, and GM is where he says he was, on opposite side of street, from gate to 5A, HOW does JT get passed then without either of them not 'seeing' her?

They are 'chatting' to each other from OPPOSITE sides of the QUIET street, so the ONLY way JT can get 'passed' them is for her to walk BETWEEN them!

But neither 'see' her!

Oh please, enough! SORT IT OUT, ANDY!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5309
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by jeanmonroe on 21.05.14 2:03

Finally on this, (for today  winkwink ) IF i and thousands of other 'armchair' detectives, CAN find this sort of 'information', surely just ONE of the 38 Operation Strange detectives can also 'find' this 'information'.

They have told the world they have 'read' all the 'files' haven't they?

Perhaps they 'missed' all the 'good bits'!  winkwink laughat

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5309
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Angelique on 22.05.14 10:07

j.rob

First I want to say bravo for the pointing us at JW. Must say I have always pondered how convenient he was!

But secondly GM's statement "confusion is good".

And third tigger's reply earlier:

"Can't see a problem there, if he was complicit in establishing Gerry's alibi, I doubt he'd been so unwilling to corroborate Gerry's statement. "

I feel JT and JW were used by GM as corroborative witnesses but only for as long as GM wants them to be. Look at what he did to JT. Then similar to JW. It just seems to me that GM is the the narcissist we think he is - he uses them and then trashes them. GM is the stronger character of either JT and JW so who is going to challenge him. JT by crying and JW just standing back and doing nothing?

This is a typical situation where GM has put JT and JW in a situation where they expose their character to all and sundry if they challenge GM - he knows they won't.

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem

Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Angelique on 22.05.14 11:10

I also want to say about JW and his Pram/pushchair event.

We know from JT is was a cold evening as she borrowed a fleece and complained about the cold and only wearing flip-flops. She also neglected to bring jeans on this holiday???

IMO this is not what I would do if my child wouldn't settle.The last thing I would do is trolly my 8 month round the streets on a cold evening to lull it to sleep. In a car yes with the heater on yes. Babies in pushchairs get cold even if they are wrapped up in blankets. JW did this for over an hour? Their inner core is very small and the cold makes them wee which then makes them colder. Urine inside the body can act like central heating - once it's gone they get colder. A cold baby will cry not sleep.

I doubt whether either these two witnesses' evidence would make it to Court.



____________________
Things aren't always what they seem

Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 12:13

Yes, a very good point..

My baby can't sleep... Best take it away from the warmth of the apartment and have a stroll round the block in the freezing cold. An hour's stroll should do the job i reckon..... 



Alright Gerry. Bang on time i see. Where do we have a our quick chat then? This side of the road or the other? 

Christ Jez, errr.. not sure. Not thought of that.

Jez, turn your back as Jane is coming up in a minute. Remember we are not supposed to see her.

Yep of course. Although is she actually walking up or is that part of the lie, i mean script.

Bloody hell Jez, i've forgotten. Hang on... right she will later tell the police she walked past us both then spots someone carrying a child away up there.. 

Bit dark up there isn't it. How will she see someone?

Don't worry, she's a good liar. I think anyway.

Iv'e forgot Gerry. Why am i here?

Keep up Jez, i need an independent alibi don't i, as we want everyone to think Jane saw the abductor and i need to be seen chatting to you at the exact time.

Brilliant Gerry, so will that put you in the clear then.

Course it will Jez, not stupid me.

If you say so Gerry.

Remember Jez, when asked. You only saw and spoke to me and not Jane. 

Jane who Gerry?

Jane Tanner you plank. You know the woman who will tell the world she saw Madeleine's abductor.

But there wasn't an abductor Gerry.

Jesus Jez, i know but we need to stage one. Comprende?

Ahh i see Gerry.

Right Jez i'm off. Got things to do and not much time to do it in.

What shall i do Gerry.

Just walk round a bit longer and push that empty pram about.

Good idea, hope all goes well with the staged abduction Gerry.

Cheers Jez.

By the way, the place will be swarming later on with people looking and the police etc.

Looking for who Gerry?

Christ almighty, Madeleine. Remember, the abduction. Also one of my mates will knock on your door at some point later on to inform you what's happened.

Why, i already know Gerry. 

Yes, but need it to look authentic. Will be knocking on everyone's door and asking them to search.

Do i need to search as well Gerry?

No as there is no point is there Jez. 

Why Gerry?

Coz Madeleine never got abducted did she Jez.

Oh yeah.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Improper Conduct on 22.05.14 13:09

Andrew77R wrote:Yes, a very good point..

My baby can't sleep... Best take it away from the warmth of the apartment and have a stroll round the block in the freezing cold. An hour's stroll should do the job i reckon..... 



Alright Gerry. Bang on time i see. Where do we have a our quick chat then? This side of the road or the other? 

Christ Jez, errr.. not sure. Not thought of that.

Jez, turn your back as Jane is coming up in a minute. Remember we are not supposed to see her.

Yep of course. Although is she actually walking up or is that part of the lie, i mean script.

Bloody hell Jez, i've forgotten. Hang on... right she will later tell the police she walked past us both then spots someone carrying a child away up there.. 

Bit dark up there isn't it. How will she see someone?

Don't worry, she's a good liar. I think anyway.

Iv'e forgot Gerry. Why am i here?

Keep up Jez, i need an independent alibi don't i, as we want everyone to think Jane saw the abductor and i need to be seen chatting to you at the exact time.

Brilliant Gerry, so will that put you in the clear then.

Course it will Jez, not stupid me.

If you say so Gerry.

Remember Jez, when asked. You only saw and spoke to me and not Jane. 

Jane who Gerry?

Jane Tanner you plank. You know the woman who will tell the world she saw Madeleine's abductor.

But there wasn't an abductor Gerry.

Jesus Jez, i know but we need to stage one. Comprende?

Ahh i see Gerry.

Right Jez i'm off. Got things to do and not much time to do it in.

What shall i do Gerry.

Just walk round a bit longer and push that empty pram about.

Good idea, hope all goes well with the staged abduction Gerry.

Cheers Jez.

By the way, the place will be swarming later on with people looking and the police etc.

Looking for who Gerry?

Christ almighty, Madeleine. Remember, the abduction. Also one of my mates will knock on your door at some point later on to inform you what's happened.

Why, i already know Gerry. 

Yes, but need it to look authentic. Will be knocking on everyone's door and asking them to search.

Do i need to search as well Gerry?

No as there is no point is there Jez. 

Why Gerry?

Coz Madeleine never got abducted did she Jez.

Oh yeah.

"And then Gerry, I can use my contacts to arrange a private flight to meet the Pope"
All's well then....

Improper Conduct

Posts : 20
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by j.rob on 22.05.14 17:48

@Angelique wrote:j.rob

First I want to say bravo for the pointing us at JW. Must say I have always pondered how convenient he was!

But secondly GM's statement "confusion is good".

And third tigger's reply earlier:

"Can't see a problem there, if he was complicit in establishing Gerry's alibi, I doubt he'd been so unwilling to corroborate Gerry's statement. "

I feel JT and JW were used by GM as corroborative witnesses but only for as long as GM wants them to be. Look at what he did to JT. Then similar to JW. It just seems to me that GM is the the narcissist we think he is - he uses them and then trashes them. GM is the stronger character of either JT and JW so who is going to challenge him. JT by crying and JW just standing back and doing nothing?

This is a typical situation where GM has put JT and JW in a situation where they expose their character to all and sundry if they challenge GM - he knows they won't.

Not everyone was following the Director's script, it would appear. But it may just be that this is more of the beloved 'confusion technique' whereby details that are not necessarily particularly relevant are flagged up to cover up other stuff that is relevant. And perhaps so the script does not look too perfectly rehearsed.

On the other hand, if there had been a plan for a faked live abduction (a la Shannon Matthews/Elizabeth Smart for instance) then it may be that some players were prepared to go along with that script for their own gain. (Both Bridget and Jez worked in drama, I do believe) But, when and if the plan went wrong for whatever reason (Gerry: 'there's been a disaster') they were not prepared to remain in the dramatically different drama.

Just a theory as to why people might be following different scripts! Jez clearly is not prepared to sing from the Tanner hymn sheet. It is interesting that Gerry will not collaborate with either Jane or Jez in terms of what side of the road he is standing on. Unless it is confusion technique, why did he deem it important that he was on the other side of the road even though both his alibis disagree? To give credence to the notion that Jane could have walked past without their noticing her. maybe? It is of note that it is not until the April 2008 police statement that Jez is prepared to say he saw Jane Tanner that evening at all. And even then he will not say he saw her when she was talking to Gerry. But thinks it was when he first went out with his pram, and she was standing in the street in front of one of the group's apartments. 


Jez puts much focus on Rasta-man, who is eliminated from the inquiry as he is a guest at the hotel. And not just that - he was tireless in his efforts to try to find her! Yes - you couldn't make it up, it's in the police files! Where is Inspector Poireau when you need him?!
 wft  

Statement: 04/05/08In the main reception (open 24h) of the Ocean Club, the signatory [undersigned] was able to observe a person with long hair, curly, blonde in colour, with camouflage shorts and green sweat-shirt, which fit the description of the suspect of the "Rastas", it being that I questioned the receptionist about him, who said that this individual and his wife are guests in the hotel and he has been tireless, since yesterday, in search of the missing girl. 


[The very last paragraph of my translation of pages 121-125 in /PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm states that they are passport copies of the person identified as the man with 'Rasta' hairstyle, camouflage shorts and green sweat-shirt (taken to be the person seen by Jez Wilkins per his witness statement), and his wife. They were resort guests. I have no reference to a formal witness statement from them on file, merely the above identification to eliminate them from the inquiry.] 



http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm

Statement 7th May 2007Michael Wilkins, holder of passport no. 205...., owner of mobile phone no. +44788...., living in ....London...He spends his holidays at, "WATERSIDE GARDENS," block G4, about 50 metres from the apartment where the small child was. He told us that yesterday, between 8.30 and 9pm, while he was in the "TAPAS" restaurant, he noted that a person of around 1.70m, with long blond hair, apparently of the "Rasta," style and dressed in green military-style clothes, entered the restaurant. This person did not stay very long. Their behaviour was somewhat strange and they seemed to be rather nervous. He was alone, he did not speak to anyone and left soon afterwards. The informant maintains that he has never seen this person in the village. 

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm


Statement April 2008I saw a man that was coming from the road and was headed to the reception. I believe that he was with a woman but I cannot be precise of any detail about her. It was a tall Caucasian man, with blonde hair in 'rasta style' tied with a band instead of free flowing. When I arrived, I headed to the WC near the pool area. He also was in the WC but appeared to be a taking a long time. I do not remember if he was still in that place when I left.


The police officer asked us if we had noticed anything out of the normal and Robert Murat translated. I spoke to him of the "rasta man" and the police officer took some notes on paper. He also noted our names and passport numbers. During the days that followed, as we passed through the police cordon, we noticed Robert Murat on numerous occasions. On Friday, the 4th of May or Saturday, 5th of May 2007, at one of the police cordons, I again saw Robert Murat. He told me that they had investigated the lead of the "rasta man" but that he was a local man and that everything was okay. He thanked me for my collaboration. I never saw Robert prior to his visit to our apartment with the police officer.



Q. Relative to whether I know Jane Tanner; 
Now I know her name, description of the clothes and photos which I have seen in the press. At that time I knew of her as a member of the group but did not know her name. I do not remember having seen her when I spoke with Gerry, but I believe I saw her when I first ventured out. She was stopped on the street in front of one of the group's apartments when I passed her down towards the exit to my apartment. I do not know if it was her apartment or not. I remember that she was wearing the colour purple. 
Q. Relative to the passerby/transient: 
I can affirm that it was a quiet street and it was very unlikely that someone could have passed by be in this way but this as an assumption and I do not remember anything having happened. 


http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm



I wonder who the other surfing buddy of Gerry's was who I do believe Jez Wilkins talks about seeing the next day at the Ocean Club reception, only cannot find the link to this?

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 231
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Other surfing buddy...

Post by missbeetle on 23.05.14 2:04

@j.rob wrote:Yes, there are all sorts of inconsistencies. However, I am coming to the conclusion that Jez Wilkins, Michael Sperry (Jez' surfing buddy) and Stephen Carpenter are all key witnesses. Jez' account of bumping into a suspicious 'rasta-man' in the toilet near the Tapas restaurant on 3rd May is of note - the man is later apparently thought by police to be Michael Sperry.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id468.html

I wonder who the other surfing buddy that Stephen mentions in his witness statement is?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STEPHEN-CARPENTER.htm

I think Neil Berry and Raj Palu are also important witnesses, and I do believe they reported seeing suspicious activity near the McCann apartment the day or evening of 3rd May, but I am unable to find their earliest witness statements.

My guess is that he may be James Gorrod - surfer, sailor and all-round action man.

A big player in the SAS.

(Surfers Against Sewage)

missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Guest on 23.05.14 9:38


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by HelenMeg on 23.05.14 11:02

@j.rob wrote:
@Angelique wrote:j.rob

First I want to say bravo for the pointing us at JW. Must say I have always pondered how convenient he was!

But secondly GM's statement "confusion is good".

And third tigger's reply earlier:

"Can't see a problem there, if he was complicit in establishing Gerry's alibi, I doubt he'd been so unwilling to corroborate Gerry's statement. "

I feel JT and JW were used by GM as corroborative witnesses but only for as long as GM wants them to be. Look at what he did to JT. Then similar to JW. It just seems to me that GM is the the narcissist we think he is - he uses them and then trashes them. GM is the stronger character of either JT and JW so who is going to challenge him. JT by crying and JW just standing back and doing nothing?

This is a typical situation where GM has put JT and JW in a situation where they expose their character to all and sundry if they challenge GM - he knows they won't.

Not everyone was following the Director's script, it would appear. But it may just be that this is more of the beloved 'confusion technique' whereby details that are not necessarily particularly relevant are flagged up to cover up other stuff that is relevant. And perhaps so the script does not look too perfectly rehearsed.

On the other hand, if there had been a plan for a faked live abduction (a la Shannon Matthews/Elizabeth Smart for instance) then it may be that some players were prepared to go along with that script for their own gain. (Both Bridget and Jez worked in drama, I do believe) But, when and if the plan went wrong for whatever reason (Gerry: 'there's been a disaster') they were not prepared to remain in the dramatically different drama.

Just a theory as to why people might be following different scripts! Jez clearly is not prepared to sing from the Tanner hymn sheet. It is interesting that Gerry will not collaborate with either Jane or Jez in terms of what side of the road he is standing on. Unless it is confusion technique, why did he deem it important that he was on the other side of the road even though both his alibis disagree? To give credence to the notion that Jane could have walked past without their noticing her. maybe? It is of note that it is not until the April 2008 police statement that Jez is prepared to say he saw Jane Tanner that evening at all. And even then he will not say he saw her when she was talking to Gerry. But thinks it was when he first went out with his pram, and she was standing in the street in front of one of the group's apartments. 


Jez puts much focus on Rasta-man, who is eliminated from the inquiry as he is a guest at the hotel. And not just that - he was tireless in his efforts to try to find her! Yes - you couldn't make it up, it's in the police files! Where is Inspector Poireau when you need him?!
 wft  

Statement: 04/05/08In the main reception (open 24h) of the Ocean Club, the signatory [undersigned] was able to observe a person with long hair, curly, blonde in colour, with camouflage shorts and green sweat-shirt, which fit the description of the suspect of the "Rastas", it being that I questioned the receptionist about him, who said that this individual and his wife are guests in the hotel and he has been tireless, since yesterday, in search of the missing girl. 


[The very last paragraph of my translation of pages 121-125 in /PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm states that they are passport copies of the person identified as the man with 'Rasta' hairstyle, camouflage shorts and green sweat-shirt (taken to be the person seen by Jez Wilkins per his witness statement), and his wife. They were resort guests. I have no reference to a formal witness statement from them on file, merely the above identification to eliminate them from the inquiry.] 



http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm

Statement 7th May 2007Michael Wilkins, holder of passport no. 205...., owner of mobile phone no. +44788...., living in ....London...He spends his holidays at, "WATERSIDE GARDENS," block G4, about 50 metres from the apartment where the small child was. He told us that yesterday, between 8.30 and 9pm, while he was in the "TAPAS" restaurant, he noted that a person of around 1.70m, with long blond hair, apparently of the "Rasta," style and dressed in green military-style clothes, entered the restaurant. This person did not stay very long. Their behaviour was somewhat strange and they seemed to be rather nervous. He was alone, he did not speak to anyone and left soon afterwards. The informant maintains that he has never seen this person in the village. 

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm


Statement April 2008I saw a man that was coming from the road and was headed to the reception. I believe that he was with a woman but I cannot be precise of any detail about her. It was a tall Caucasian man, with blonde hair in 'rasta style' tied with a band instead of free flowing. When I arrived, I headed to the WC near the pool area. He also was in the WC but appeared to be a taking a long time. I do not remember if he was still in that place when I left.


The police officer asked us if we had noticed anything out of the normal and Robert Murat translated. I spoke to him of the "rasta man" and the police officer took some notes on paper. He also noted our names and passport numbers. During the days that followed, as we passed through the police cordon, we noticed Robert Murat on numerous occasions. On Friday, the 4th of May or Saturday, 5th of May 2007, at one of the police cordons, I again saw Robert Murat. He told me that they had investigated the lead of the "rasta man" but that he was a local man and that everything was okay. He thanked me for my collaboration. I never saw Robert prior to his visit to our apartment with the police officer.



Q. Relative to whether I know Jane Tanner; 
Now I know her name, description of the clothes and photos which I have seen in the press. At that time I knew of her as a member of the group but did not know her name. I do not remember having seen her when I spoke with Gerry, but I believe I saw her when I first ventured out. She was stopped on the street in front of one of the group's apartments when I passed her down towards the exit to my apartment. I do not know if it was her apartment or not. I remember that she was wearing the colour purple. 
Q. Relative to the passerby/transient: 
I can affirm that it was a quiet street and it was very unlikely that someone could have passed by be in this way but this as an assumption and I do not remember anything having happened. 


http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm



I wonder who the other surfing buddy of Gerry's was who I do believe Jez Wilkins talks about seeing the next day at the Ocean Club reception, only cannot find the link to this?


I strongly think that the argument between JT and GM in the mocumentary was staged. I just feel that the argument or disagreement over which side of the road G was on - was shown because they wanted it to be shown.  I thik perhaps it was to divert people as usual - by making them spend a lot of time discussing a red herring.   This has been one of their tactics from the beginning, IMO. And its a tactic that has been extremely useful to them

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Angelique on 23.05.14 11:29

Andrew77R

:). I like it! I wouldn't be surprised if this is somewhat near the Truth!

HelenMeg

I agree about GM staging - I think he initially staged this so-called chance meeting and sighting by JT to allow for Tannerman. But after realising that it gave him a significant alibi for this time slot and the abductor he realised later that JT could not possibly have squeezed by them in the position JW stated without being seen by either him or JW. He failed to account for the width of the pavement - details Gerry, details. He then had to move himself over the road so that he can say he was facing the other way and didn't see JT and JW can go hang! Which then ultimately puts JT in difficulty regarding her statement and JW with his. Which is when this situation with turns into a pantomime as it does when people lie.


____________________
Things aren't always what they seem

Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by j.rob on 03.06.14 19:52

I strongly think that the argument between JT and GM in the mocumentary was staged. I just feel that the argument or disagreement over which side of the road G was on - was shown because they wanted it to be shown.  I thik perhaps it was to divert people as usual - by making them spend a lot of time discussing a red herring.   This has been one of their tactics from the beginning, IMO. And its a tactic that has been extremely useful to them




Yes. It is an act. JT fakes 'crying' for the camera. There is evidence of close collaboration between JT and GM and also a close relationship - he displays much greater warmth towards her in that mocumentary than I have ever seen him display towards KM or his children. I was quite taken aback when I watched the interaction between the two of them. The huge wide smile of JT when she shares a joke (about KM) with GM and GM suppressing a grin and reaching out towards her. I think this episode is suggestive of shared 'secrets' between the two of them.

And shared secrets between Matt and GM in the reconstruction of the 'final check' on Madeleine. 

They are all huge game players, imo.

It's all in the body language.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 231
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by HelenMeg on 03.06.14 21:50

@j.rob wrote:I strongly think that the argument between JT and GM in the mocumentary was staged. I just feel that the argument or disagreement over which side of the road G was on - was shown because they wanted it to be shown.  I thik perhaps it was to divert people as usual - by making them spend a lot of time discussing a red herring.   This has been one of their tactics from the beginning, IMO. And its a tactic that has been extremely useful to them




Yes. It is an act. JT fakes 'crying' for the camera. There is evidence of close collaboration between JT and GM and also a close relationship - he displays much greater warmth towards her in that mocumentary than I have ever seen him display towards KM or his children. I was quite taken aback when I watched the interaction between the two of them. The huge wide smile of JT when she shares a joke (about KM) with GM and GM suppressing a grin and reaching out towards her. I think this episode is suggestive of shared 'secrets' between the two of them.

And shared secrets between Matt and GM in the reconstruction of the 'final check' on Madeleine. 

They are all huge game players, imo.

It's all in the body language.
J Rob - me too - I was also taken aback. I forced myself to watch it as I'd read so much about JT being upset and let down by GM. Yet, when I actually watched it for myself I saw a real warmth and familiarity between them that surprised me. JT is really interesting to me -she's so different from the other women of the TAPAS9.  Less glamorous / less groomed / less shallow - I almost get this feeling that 'she gets Gerry'..
there is some common ground between them. Gerry is all show - just a defiant little boy underneath - who probably never got enough attention.. IMO.

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann : "The f******g b*****ds have taken her"

Post by missbeetle on 03.06.14 22:25

" />

What raelly happened that night...?

missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Praia on 06.06.14 17:23

Mrs C JW is well over 6 foot so can't be Smithman.

____________________


Praia

Posts : 392
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by j.rob on 06.06.14 18:48

@HelenMeg wrote:
@j.rob wrote:I strongly think that the argument between JT and GM in the mocumentary was staged. I just feel that the argument or disagreement over which side of the road G was on - was shown because they wanted it to be shown.  I thik perhaps it was to divert people as usual - by making them spend a lot of time discussing a red herring.   This has been one of their tactics from the beginning, IMO. And its a tactic that has been extremely useful to them




Yes. It is an act. JT fakes 'crying' for the camera. There is evidence of close collaboration between JT and GM and also a close relationship - he displays much greater warmth towards her in that mocumentary than I have ever seen him display towards KM or his children. I was quite taken aback when I watched the interaction between the two of them. The huge wide smile of JT when she shares a joke (about KM) with GM and GM suppressing a grin and reaching out towards her. I think this episode is suggestive of shared 'secrets' between the two of them.

And shared secrets between Matt and GM in the reconstruction of the 'final check' on Madeleine. 

They are all huge game players, imo.

It's all in the body language.
J Rob - me too - I was also taken aback. I forced myself to watch it as I'd read so much about JT being upset and let down by GM. Yet, when I actually watched it for myself I saw a real warmth and familiarity between them that surprised me. JT is really interesting to me -she's so different from the other women of the TAPAS9.  Less glamorous / less groomed / less shallow - I almost get this feeling that 'she gets Gerry'..
there is some common ground between them. Gerry is all show - just a defiant little boy underneath - who probably never got enough attention.. IMO.

Glad someone else spotted this. I have never seen Gerry show any genuine warmth or affection towards KM or his children either. In the very few photos of him with Madeleine he is not displaying any fatherly love at all. I think there is some indication that he has enjoyed pulling with wool over KMs eyes which makes me suspect she is not 'in' on the whole thing. Plus TM cracks a little joke at KMs expense which is quite revealing as it indicates a shared 'in joke' between TM and GM as well as demonstrating that it's okay to poke a bit of fun at KM behind her back.

Whatever 'the whole thing' is.

This clip made me wonder about the nature of the relationship between JT and GM which, if close, might explain why she was prepared to hatch silly 'Tanner-man'. And go back to do that 'reconstruction'. 

There is also a clip in the Madeleine was Here mockumentary where GM is talking with Matt about how they only came in through the back door because they did not want to wake up the children as coming through the front door made more noise. He says: 'silly now' but it sounds just like 'silly cow' which made me wonder if he was referring to some noise that KM had made or at least some noise that had come from the apartment that KM could have prevented/covered up as it was incriminating. So that could, for instance, be the crying incident as heard by Mrs Fenn, or the noise of people entering the apartment as heard by Mrs Fenn (which she assumed was the parents returning) which is when the crying stopped. Or maybe the scream as heard by an eye-witness when KM found Madeleine 'gone'.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 231
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by j.rob on 06.06.14 19:20

@Angelique wrote:I also want to say about JW and his Pram/pushchair event.

We know from JT is was a cold evening as she borrowed a fleece and complained about the cold and only wearing flip-flops.  She also neglected to bring jeans on this holiday???

IMO this is not what I would do if my child wouldn't settle.The last thing I would do is trolly my 8 month round the streets on a cold evening to lull it to sleep. In a car yes with the heater on yes. Babies in pushchairs get cold even if they are wrapped up in blankets. JW did this for over an hour? Their inner core is very small and the cold makes them wee which then makes them colder. Urine inside the body can act like central heating - once it's gone they get colder. A cold baby will cry not sleep.

I doubt whether either these two witnesses' evidence would make it to Court.



Yes. It is very suspicious. Especially as Jez changes his account of how he spends the evening.  Could this have been prompted by the Smithman sighting? Why did he give such dramatically different accounts? He changed his account of the evening in the space of a few days from being in the tapas bar to staying in but taking his baby for a stroll. 

What made him change his account?

Why not stick with the original script?

 Was it to provide Gerry with an alibi? To provide himself with an alibi? Or both?

To be an independent witness to the 'fact' that Gerry was cool, calm and collected that evening?

To discredit Jane Tanner's 'Tanner-man' sighting?

To allow an even smaller window of opportunity for the 'abductor' to get in and out of the apartment without being spotted?

To take the finger of suspicion away from Gerry and towards someone else - 'rasta-man'. 

Or what?

Surely someone else would have seen him if he was wandering around for so long?  Perhaps he was neither in the tapas bar that evening nor wandering the streets of Luz. But doing something different.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 231
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by j.rob on 07.06.14 14:41

Or, as I have long suspected, the 'disaster' that befell that week required a drastic and relatively last minute change of plan. But there wasn't enough time to completely rewrite the script. So the disaster scenario had to be shoe-horned into the old script.

But, rather like the Ugly Sisters trying to cram their feet into Cinderella's glass slipper, it just doesn't quite fit.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 231
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum