The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013

Post by Tony Bennett on 06.02.13 17:57

UPDATE:

As has correctly been stated on the other thread, Court rose at just before 1pm, afer closing submissions, Adrienne Page Q.C. first, then mine.

The judgment of Mr Justice Tugendhat will be given in open court, probably in more like 2 weeks' time than one. At that hearing, should he find that I breached one or more undertakings, I will be given the chance to enter a plea of mitigation, i.e. argue for a lighter punishment for any contempt.

Once again, Mr Justice Tugendhat made it quite clear that court orders, injunctions and undertakings must be strictly obeyed until set aside one way or the other, varied or revoked, whatever may be said about the circumstances under which they were obtained, about how oppressive or restrictive they were, and no matter how many police officers, officials, journalists, authors, bloggers, forum owners, websites, YouTube video-makers and other individuals say exactly the same as I do and as Dr Goncalo Amaral does.

Adrienne Page Q.C., did make one important submission right at the end of the proceedings.

As far as I can recall, she said:

"My Lord, my clients wish to make clear in the light of press reports today that they do not wish for Mr Bennett to be sent to prison, nor do they want to punish him in any way; all they want to do is to ensure that he stops what he has been doing".

After coming out of court, I was caught by a journalist from BBC East Midlands (it might have been the one who falsely accused Dr Amaral of saying 'F___ the McCanns', I am not sure) and I was interviewed on camera for a few minutes outside the High Court. I think I gave reasonably clear and coherent answers. There may be a small item about it on BBC TV East Midlands tonight.

I was also interviewed by James Murray from the Daily Express who was a pleasant enough gentleman who was especially interested in my reference in court to the McCanns having spent so much money (around £4 million) using 17 different solicitors I gave him a print-out of the article on this forum which lists them all.

Once again, the support for me in Court was wonderful. On both days they had to put 'COURT FULL' notices outside Court 14 - only about 30 people are allowed on the back three tiers of benches, and they soon filled up.

Finally, please don't expect any further replies from me here, nor am I likely to be able to reply to any more e-mails, 'pm's or 'phone calls for at least a few days, I am going away for a complete break.

2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013

Post by Guest on 06.02.13 18:05

I'm sure that everyone here will wish Tony well. If anyone needs to unwind and relax after a nightmare situation, he does.

May you return refreshed and confident for the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 06.02.13 18:08

Well done Tony, my heart goes out to you. You must be exhausted.

I hope you can enjoy your few days away and can think about much nicer things.

I hope Admin can pass on all our good wishes to you.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 06.02.13 18:14

Hope you have a great break Tony!
roses

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nanof nine on 06.02.13 18:15

Tony put your slippers on ,take it easy and enjoy a much needed break

We all admire you and can only think what you have been through .

Enjoy a much needed break

nanof nine

nanof nine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 06.02.13 18:16

From what I hear you did very well today Tony. Well done!

Whatever the outcome you did all you could.

You won't be alone to face the Judgement, there are thousands who are with you and Jehovah at your side.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.02.13 18:19

I Love you Tony Bennett airkiss Enjoy a well deserved break !

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 06.02.13 18:20

"In the light of press reports." That's all that really matters to CR, McCanns and their PR people.
Why Tony do you not have a fully documented account by your scribes ahead of the official court transcript? You say,"as far as I remember" You had two people taking down every word uttered. Or you should have had..
Sorry ... Hands in the air. Have a good break.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by coppernob on 06.02.13 18:22

Thank you for updating, if anyone deserves a rest then you doYou are one brave Man hope Judge T sees this for what it is, Take care Tony.
CNX

coppernob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by olipet on 06.02.13 18:22

Well - this is rather excellent news.
Tony got media interest.
Tony clearly will not be incarcerated.

And reading between 'recalled' AP lines - Mccanns do not want to be seen as punishing. Coating their image with a thin layer of sugar once again.

thumbsup

olipet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 06.02.13 18:29

Funny only NOW they dont want tony sent to jail,you really did frighten them Tony.hope you have a nice few days away,you deserve it.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 06.02.13 18:31

@Spaniel wrote:"In the light of press reports." That's all that really matters to CR, McCanns and their PR people.
Why Tony do you not have a fully documented account by your scribes ahead of the official court transcript? You say,"as far as I remember" You had two people taking down every word uttered. Or you should have had..

You really are something else, why weren't you in Court then taking down every word and utterance if you want a transcript of every word said, where were you???

I doubt if a tape would be allowed in Court, TB would have to hire someone to take down the proceedings verbatim, which wouldn't be cheap. Why didn't you offer your services?

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAGONAUT on 06.02.13 18:36

Damage limitation by the McCann's:-

"My Lord, my clients wish to make clear in the light of press reports today that they do not wish for Mr Bennett to be sent to prison, nor do they want to punish him in any way; all they want to do is to ensure that he stops what he has been doing".

So if this is an accurate quote, then what was the point of this litigation = No Prison & No Punishment !
And how can they ensure that he stops what he has been doing when everyone else is doing it !!!

Absolutely daft - and so are the QC and CR fees for this one and half day hearing - I hope the McCann's or their benefactors get hit with the bill !

JAGONAUT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB on 06.02.13 18:37

I thought the whole point of this case was so Tony could be sent to prison. But now they don't want that. I wonder what changed their minds.

MaryB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 06.02.13 18:38

@olipet wrote:Well - this is rather excellent news.
Tony got media interest.
Tony clearly will not be incarcerated.

And reading between 'recalled' AP lines - Mccanns do not want to be seen as punishing. Coating their image with a thin layer of sugar once again.

Yes, they know they're in a fix and they're trying to wheedle their way out of it. There's nothing like the McCanns to spin everything to their own advantage to make themselves look like "Goody Two-Shoes" and everyone else is the Devil.

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut on 06.02.13 18:39

Bravo Tony,

Thank you for doing this. Thank you for facing them. You showed them they can't always bully people into submission with their massive resources.

Btw, did the other side have an 11th hour change of heart re. imprisonment because the Star's article about jailing a 65 year old pensioner? Imo that article didn't reflect well on the McCanns and their entourage. I think it made them appear slightly vindictive to the average reader.

Enjoy your rest, Tony, you've earned it.

mydadsanastronaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by auntiefi on 06.02.13 18:40

well done Tony on what appears to have been a successful few days... as for requiring word for word transcript - when telling the truth - it is quite easy to recall what has been said..... unlike some other variable witness we could mention. I hope the Judge sees sense, and if you are found to have breached anything, the punishment is appropriate and the judge frowns upon the profiteering band of lawyers from the 'other' side.
Wishing you a relaxing and rejuvenating few days ahead, my god you've earned them :)

auntiefi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 06.02.13 18:42

@Spaniel wrote:"In the light of press reports." That's all that really matters to CR, McCanns and their PR people.
Why Tony do you not have a fully documented account by your scribes ahead of the official court transcript? You say,"as far as I remember", You had two people taking down every word uttered.
Yes, there were two scribes. They will not provide a verbatim report of what was said but I am hoping to have a fullish written report from them of all the proceedings in 7-10 days from now

2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 06.02.13 18:42

@tiny wrote:Funny only NOW they dont want tony sent to jail,you really did frighten them Tony.hope you have a nice few days away,you deserve it.

Probably having seen that the only support they have received in the last couple of days has been from muratfan. lol!

Well done tony, enjoy your break, you have been awesome. Central gave a fair report l thought and referred to Maddie as 'disappeared' or 'missing' but not abducted. thumbsup

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 06.02.13 18:44

You've done a superb job, Tony

Have a relaxing, blissful break.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again..... you are a hero!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by McCant on 06.02.13 18:45

@tiny wrote:Funny only NOW they dont want tony sent to jail,you really did frighten them Tony.hope you have a nice few days away,you deserve it.

That's what I thought. It sounds like they didn't receive a very positive report back from their lawyers… “Didn’t mean it, didn’t mean it” !!

McCant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 06.02.13 18:47

@MaryB wrote:I thought the whole point of this case was so Tony could be sent to prison. But now they don't want that. I wonder what changed their minds.
They bottled it ,just like with Mr Amaral,what a pair of ******

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 06.02.13 18:49

Commital to prison was the objective of this hearing wasn't it? They'd have him banged up if it wasn't for the fact that he has a huge amount of support and so many are people interested in the outcome. They want to be seen as merciful not vengeful - that's not good PR. Plus, they were probably advised that Tony would not receive a custodial sentence and want to pre-empt the judgement by making it appear that the judge came to that decision because of their intervention.
Very best wishes Tony.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange on 06.02.13 18:50

Are you for real?? You think Tony should be taking the time to put a fully documented account on here? "You had two people" - how would you know, yourposts are almost Jekkyl and Hyde-like. Keep your hands in the air, it'll keep you away from posting.

Ange

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 06.02.13 18:51

Thats a come down! Well done Tony bravo

Enjoy a much deserved break

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum