The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

STAMPS - Make 18% profit before 4 April - while stocks last!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STAMPS - Make 18% profit before 4 April - while stocks last!!!

Post by Tony Bennett on 16.03.11 18:58

Postage stamps go up 4th April by up to 13.6%. Buy 1st class and 2nd class stamps NOW - stock up!

1st class from 41p to 46p = 11% increase
2nd class from 32p to 36p = 12.5% increase

Large 1st class from 66p to 75p = 13.6%
Large 2nd class from 51p to 58p = 12% increase

So buy now and you'll make a healthy profit from 4th April when the posrage rates go up.

But EVEN BETTER NEWS is that Superdrug is selling 1st class stamps at 39p. until 4th April. Your investment in a 41p. stamp now, costing you just 39p., will earn you a whopping 18% profit when the price goes up to 46p. on 4th April.

You can buy 72 stamps a day at Superdrug. Or say 144 if there are two Superdrugs in your area. Or 216 if there are three, and so on.

But these price hikes by Royal Mail pale into insignificance when considered against the background of the disastrous decimalisation of our currency back in 1971, when 4d stamps went up to 2.5p (50% rise) and 5d stamps went up to 3p (44% rise).

It was a bad time for me then, as I had a mild addiction to Polo mints at the time. They cost 9d. a tube. On Decimalisation Day they promptly went up to 4p (= 9.6d), nearly a 7% rise. I had to cut back on my consumption.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: STAMPS - Make 18% profit before 4 April - while stocks last!!!

Post by Guest on 16.03.11 19:03

Thanks for the info Tony. Not that I use many stamps these days, it's all email now isn't it.

[quote Tony]

was a bad time for me then, as I had a mild addiction to Polo mints at the time. They cost 9d. a tube. On Decimalisation Day they promptly went up to 4p (= 9.6d), nearly a 7% rise. I had to cut back on my consumption

Look on the bright side - it saved your gnashers some stick though big grin

Back to top Go down

Re: STAMPS - Make 18% profit before 4 April - while stocks last!!!

Post by littlepixie on 16.03.11 20:19

I still use loads of stamps so will stock up - Thanks Tony!

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum