The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

E.U. - The Facts - A thread to post up FACTS ONLY about the great EU referendum debate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

E.U. - The Facts - A thread to post up FACTS ONLY about the great EU referendum debate

Post by Tony Bennett on Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:28 pm

'What are the facts?', cry millions of Britons about the great EU Referendum debate.

This thread is for members to post facts only about Britain's membership of the European Union - whether the facts support 'REMAIN' or 'LEAVE'.

I will start with this round robin letter from David Delaney which covers:

1. Britain's lack of voting power in the European Council, and
2. Britain's lack of voting power in the European Parliament.

===========

Hi

The huge lie at the bottom of “Project Fear” is that the UK will ‘lose vital influence’ at the decision-making centre of the EU, if we get back control of our country.

A new piece of research by Business for Britain has actually drilled down to see how influential we have been. These are the facts: they show that we are not influential.

The Business for Britain report states:

Since records began, the UK has not managed to prevent a single proposal placed in front of the European Council from becoming European law.

This amounts to 55 measures that the UK has opposed, since 1996, but have gone on nevertheless to become British law.

The UK’s representation in all of the EU’s bodies has declined dramatically.

Since 1973, the UK's voting power in the Council of Ministers has decreased from 17% to 8%. 

In the European Parliament it has decreased from 20% to 9½%.

In the European Commission it has decreased from 15% to 4%. 

Our back-room influence has also declined:

British influence in terms of numbers of European Commission staff has fallen by 24% in seven years and now stands at 4.6% of total staff (compared to 9.7% for France). You can go through the whole list of failed votes in the appendix to the report:

http://forbritain.org/measuring_britains_influence_council_ministers.pdf

It is not the whole story as UK officials have stated that they usually vote for measures even if they disagree with them”.

Norway, which is outside the EU but is associated by being a member of the  European Economic Area, has the power to veto a regulation if it considers it harmful - that is, it can refuse to be bound by any measure which it thinks adversely affects them. 

We cannot do this because decisions are made by ‘qualified majority voting’.

Seats in the European Parliament

Malta has 6 seats. Its population is 400,000 - that's 1 M.E.P. per 67,000 people.

Luxembourg also has 6 seats. Its population is 500,000 - that's 1 M.E.P. per 83,000 people.

Estonia has 6 seats with a population of 1.3 million - that's 1 M.E.P. per 220,000.

By contrast, UK has 73 seats with a population of 62 million - that's 1 M.E.P. per 850,000 people.

The following eight countries, between them, have 74 seats in the European Parliament - 1 more than the U.K.: Ireland, Malta, Luxembourg, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia and Austria. Yet their combined population is a mere 22 million. These tiny countries can always outvote us. 

Best wishes

David Delaney

UNQUOTE

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

EU the facts

Post by willowthewisp on Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi Mr Tony Bennett,it would seem as though the initial club set up of the EU was designed so that the UK with 73 Seats could always be out voted by the other seated members, especially when the original 5-7 Countries has expanded to Twenty Seven Countries, so each UK MEP would have to agree on the same motion, then have to try and persuade the other Countries to vote with them to stand any chance of overturning a proposal/amendment?
This Elite Club has been democratising to it's own agenda, you only need to look at how when different EU countries have vetoed against referendums, for the European Union,"Bribe the Countries" to repeat the Referendum after the sweeteners have taken their effect,Ireland,The Netherlands spring to mind!?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: E.U. - The Facts - A thread to post up FACTS ONLY about the great EU referendum debate

Post by Tony Bennett on Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:02 pm

@willowthewisp wrote:Hi Mr Tony Bennett, it would seem as though the initial club set up of the EU was designed so that the UK with 73 Seats could always be out voted by the other seated members, !?
We are already drifting away from facts.

I consider that things go much deeper than that.

I consider that the creation of the European Coal and Steel Community in 1951 -  the forerunner for the 'Common Market' (as it was), set up in 1957 by the Treaty of Rome - was one of a number of steps designed by the very powerful to gradually build the long-dreamed of world government.

As this is a factual thread I will simply reproduce four images to illustrate my point:

Pieter Bruegel's famous 16th-centuty painting of the Tower of Babel. According to the Bible, this was constructed in about 2,300 BC, by Nimrod, in defiance of God's instructions for mankind to spread across the globe after the Great Flood of Noah:      

The equally famous European Parliament building at Strasbourg, the Weiss building, deliberately modeled on the Tower of Babel, designed to declare that now is the time to bring to fruition Nimrod's early vision of one world government:

A clever image merging the 'old' Tower of Babel and the new Tower of Babel:

Finally, the original first campaign poster for the Europeran Parliament, which to my mind (inter alia) seals the factual point I am making, namely that the organic growth of the E.U. from the Coal and Steel Communty  >>> to the 'Common Market' >>> then to the 'European Community >>> and now to the European Union is a very deliberate and sustained attempt to move progressively towards a one world government - a major reason why I am against it:

Poster for the European Parliament. The 12 gold stars of the flag are a corruption of a Biblical symbol, in Revelation 12 vv 1-2 - and the             designers have inverted the stars...to resemble pentagrams, a symbol often associated with evil:     

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: E.U. - The Facts - A thread to post up FACTS ONLY about the great EU referendum debate

Post by BlueBag on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:36 pm

The elite had an agenda after WWII... even before...

They lied to the people about the scope of it.

They are still lying to the people about it.

They don't give a toss what people really want.

We don't count and we never have.

You're in the club or you're not.

We're not.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laineylou on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:45 am

BlueBag,I agree totally!
Obama has recently been quoted as saying.  I am the president and I can do nothing.  They are all puppets.  They are elected for various promises and swiftly u turn as soon as they are in.  MSM are in the thick of it.. I am sick to death of the propaganda. Watched. Nicholas and Alexandre  today, and brendan ocarroll, re: the Easter uprising. That was an eye opener, it's what is needed today, to fight back at TPTB, sadly too many people busy watching.Ant and Dec etc, etc,  to be bothered about what's going on around them.People moan about the immigration problem, but have no idea why they are here,or what benefits they are entitled to, just see them as greed y,do not comprehend we are bombing the living daylights out of them,what are they supposed to do? Go? This has long been planned. IMO it won't be stopped either,  weapons were manufacturerd for war, now the opposite applies. Too much money to be made, I really do fear for my grandchildren, I wish they had never been born,this world is wicked. Never has life been so worthless, you cannot even trust charitable organisations now,with all that is coming to light, this is strictly to do with the Internet, as the MSM is controlled, once we thought this only happened in communist countries, the net will soon follow through.
We only have to look at Mccann to see the blatant cover up, the involvement of government et al, a very dirty business, andthe fund? The charity Missing people? nspcc? Dr Barnardo's?  OMG!!!  The things Ihave read,and heard, rregarding the Eu, I dither, have not been convinced by either side of the argument, however have just joined the " union" in case we "BREXIT"
I do think things will get worse for the ordinary working man. I'm actually waiting for them to build workhouses again, wouldn't be at all surprised, certainly no houses being built.  Sorry if gone off topic.  Not so much "tired and emotional " as tthoroughly demoralised and depressed.
What can we do? Seriously?

laineylou

Back to top Go down

Post by laineylou on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:01 am

Re mrbennett, I also concur with your last post, there are too many coincidences to be denied here.But when you point these things out people think you are crazy.I am considered a bit weird because people think I am obsessed by the mccann business, I probably am,but I can see the trickery and lies, cover ups and involvement of prime ministers FGS, it is a HUGE can of worms. When you mention a new world order,people think you are off the scale, I have and do read avidly all I can about this. Again, is all pre- ordained, what can we do!

laineylou

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:29 pm

THE QUESTIONS

Is Britain 'at the heart of Europe'?

Are we influential in the EU?

Will we 'lose vital influence' if we leave the EU?

Are we 'leading in Europe'?

--------

THE FACTS

The huge lie at the bottom of “Project Fear” (or 'Project Smear' as it's been renamed) is that the UK will lose vital influence at the decision-making centre of the EU if we get our country back.

A new piece of research by Business for Britain has actually drilled down to see how influential we are, NOT.

The report starts:

Since records began, the UK has not managed to prevent a single proposal placed in front of the Council from becoming European law. This amounts to 55 separate measures that the UK has opposed, since 1996, but have gone on to become British law.

The UK’s representation in all of the EU’s bodies has declined dramatically. Since 1973 the UK’s voting power in the Council of Ministers has decreased from 17% to 8%, in the European Parliament it has decreased from 20% to 9.5% and in the European Commission it has decreased from 15% to 4%.’

Our back-room influence has also declined, “British influence in the Commission staff has fallen by 24% in seven years and now stands at 4.6% of total staff (compared to 9.7% for France).

You can go through the whole list of failed votes in the aApendix to the report:

http://forbritain.org/measuring_britains_influence_council_ministers.pdf

It is not the whole story as "UK officials have stated that they usually vote for measures even if they disagree with them”.

Even Norway has the power to veto a regulation if it considers it harmful. Which it has done.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:33 pm

What's wrong with World Government? There needs to be government at all levels - parish, district, county, national - why not world as well?

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Accountability.

Democracy.

Tyranny.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum