The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett Mm11

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett Mm11

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett Regist10

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett Empty Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett

Post by Tony Bennett 31.01.13 16:13

Today Carter-Ruck have informed me of their total costs in the case of McCanns v Bennett, which they expect to claim from me if they win on Wednesday, i.e. prove me guilty of contempt of court. They are as follows:

1. Solicitors' fees of Carter-Ruck to date:

£181,245

2. Disbursements: Court fees, process servers & couriers:

£1,484

3. Fees of Jacob Dean, barrister, for all hearings to date and advice:

£25,475

4. Fees of Adrienne Page Q.C., for advice and a 2-day hearing:

£32,250

5. VAT on all the above

£48,049

GRAND TOTAL:

£288,503

So much for this sentence on pages 289-290 of 'madeleine', by Dr Kate McCann:

"Adam Tudor and his colleague Isabel Hudson continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment, most of it quietly, behind the scenes"

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett Empty Re: Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett

Post by saltnpepper 31.01.13 16:22

Thats a lot of wonga!!
Could you pay in installments...im sure many would love to help
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett Empty Re: Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett

Post by saltnpepper 31.01.13 16:22

Forgot to say...if it comes to that
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 31.01.13 16:27

Offer them 50p a week.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 31.01.13 16:31

Who pays these costs if you can't?
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 31.01.13 16:32

Tony Bennett wrote:Today Carter-Ruck have informed me of their total costs in the case of McCanns v Bennett, which they expect to claim from me if they win on Wednesday, i.e. prove me guilty of contempt of court. They are as follows:

1. Solicitors' fees of Carter-Ruck to date:

£181,245

2. Disbursements: Court fees, process servers & couriers:

£1,484

3. Fees of Jacob Dean, barrister, for all hearings to date and advice:

£25,475

£32,250

5. VAT on all the above

£48,049

GRAND TOTAL:

£288,503

So much for this sentence on pages 289-290 of 'madeleine', by Dr Kate McCann:

"Adam Tudor and his colleague Isabel Hudson continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment, most of it quietly, behind the scenes"

By showing you their fees today they are hoping to god that it will scare you, they're desperate for you to give up, I should imagine it is making you more determined to fight the good fight with all thy might.
Wonder what the people, especially the dear old ladies who have paid into the Madeleine fund would think of their hard earned being spent on trying to jail a gentleman who is trying to get to the bottom of the disappearance of a little girl?
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by saltnpepper 31.01.13 16:33

You should reply with...is that all...my fees are double that Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett 110921
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 31.01.13 16:39

£25,475

Daylight robbery! The financier who agrees to that hire, and face the real possibility of having to foot that bill in the eventuality they lost the case, must either have a vendetta against TB or was so complicit in this mess that he has something to hide bigger and beyond the Mccanns and their missing child.

To spend someone's else money one needs to seek consent, hence the mccanns could not have made the decision to hire such an expensive big gun without the financier nod of head.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 31.01.13 16:45

roy rovers wrote:Who pays these costs if you can't?

No one I suppose. It will just be bad-debts on CR's books.
That said, if Mccanns lost, the person who bankroll them will have to pay those costs.

On the positive side, this can be drawn to Court's attention as example of the extent Mccanns go to, to take on an old-man sans legal representation. The inequality of arms is reflected in CR's billings.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 31.01.13 16:50

£288,503 - the costs of a team of lawyers to work on alleged breach of undertaking and yet the mccanns' propaganding machine comes here and bleat on about it being a black and white case. Which begs the question why do their lawyers need to spend endless hours preparing for a simple black and white case against someone not legally represented?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 31.01.13 16:52

ShuBob wrote:Offer them 50p a week.

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett 759815 i would offer 25p they are sure trying to put the frightners on Tony,the mccanns do really have something to hide
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 31.01.13 16:54

well said Aiyoyo
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 31.01.13 16:57

All i can say this so over the top,they cant think the outcome will be in thier favour.
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 31.01.13 16:59

If they manage to get TB jailed, will they still expect him to pay their costs? They may as well ask for the death penalty if so.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 31.01.13 17:03

Bless my barnacles, what an absolute rip-off!!

This says a few things to me:

1) McCanns must REALLY fear Tony's word getting out there to the great unwashed

2) Although the inequality of arms does not extend to civil proceedings, they know of Tony's financial situation, so this is just malicious accrual of fees IMO (particularly bringing in a second barrister at the eleventh hour at an extortionate cost)

3) This demonstrates their fear of going to full libel trial, so trying to flatten the opposition now so that there is no more oomph left in Tony to continue his campaign

4) If they lose, and they have to pay this, they are deliberately harming the search, i.e. using up the search fund on legal fees

5) If they have a Guarantor in case of failure, THAT person has so much to hide they are willing to pay over a £quarter million as an "insurance" downpayment.

6) Hopefully the Judge will not look kindly on the McCanns for racking up such a ridiculous fees against one man, for a breach that is really not important in the bigger scheme of life in general, and will make a sensible call. In other words, I hope he sees their malice, and has the integrity to deal with it accordingly.

7) Their determination to silence Tony as demonstrated by the sheer volume of legal work being done to achieve this, IMO, proves that what TB has written about it is completely true, or very damn well close to it. They know unless TB is silenced, their days are numbered, metaphorically speaking.

They are on thin ice now, and the ice is starting to crack.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 31.01.13 17:05

Smokeandmirrors wrote:Bless my barnacles, what an absolute rip-off!!

2) Although the inequality of arms does not extend to civil proceedings, they know of Tony's financial situation, so this is just malicious accrual of fees IMO (particularly bringing in a second barrister at the eleventh hour at an extortionate cost)

3) This demonstrates their fear of going to full libel trial, so trying to flatten the opposition now so that there is no more oomph left in Tony to continue his campaign

4) If they lose, and they have to pay this, they are deliberately harming the search, i.e. using up the search fund on legal fees

5) If they have a Guarantor in case of failure, THAT person has so much to hide they are willing to pay over a £quarter million as an "insurance" downpayment.

6) Hopefully the Judge will not look kindly on the McCanns for racking up such a ridiculous fees against one man, for a breach that is really not important in the bigger scheme of life in general, and will make a sensible call. In other words, I hope he sees their malice, and has the integrity to deal with it accordingly.

7) Their determination to silence Tony as demonstrated by the sheer volume of legal work being done to achieve this, IMO, proves that what TB has written about it is completely true, or very damn well close to it. They know unless TB is silenced, their days are numbered, metaphorically speaking.

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett 41345390
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 31.01.13 17:06

ShuBob wrote:If they manage to get TB jailed, will they still expect him to pay their costs? They may as well ask for the death penalty if so.

If he is jailed, what more is there to lose if he refuses to pay up?
At most they can apply to bang him up for a longer period which they will have to submit fresh application and go through certain process again.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 31.01.13 17:08

Smokeandmirrors wrote:Bless my barnacles, what an absolute rip-off!!

Voted "Post of the Day".
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 31.01.13 17:11

Wow! That is shocking.

What has it cost to persue Amaral, Guerra e Paz, TV1 and Valentim de Carvalho through the courts for the past four years (and several hearings, all the way to the Supreme Court)?

Libel lawyers are definitely only for the super rich.

Who pays for the McCanns if they lose? Will the money come out of the fund? Will the Sales Shark, owner Brian Kennedy, foot the bill? Or will Carter Ruck swallow the fees themselves if they're unsuccessful, because we've been told that when they work for the McCanns, they work for free?
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 31.01.13 17:12

[quote="tiny"]
ShuBob wrote:Offer them 50p a week.[/quote

Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett 759815 i would offer 25p they are sure trying to put the frightners on Tony,the mccanns do really have something to hide

I would offer them 1p per week spread over 20 life times if it comes to that.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 31.01.13 17:14

tasprin wrote:Wow! That is shocking.

What has it cost to persue Amaral, Guerra e Paz, TV1 and Valentim de Carvalho through the courts for the past four years (and several hearings, all the way to the Supreme Court)?

Probably similar amount if not higher.....all these in the name of *search* for madeleine.
What a sinful waste of money when it could have been spent properly on the search (if there is a search)!

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 31.01.13 17:15

aiyoyo wrote:
roy rovers wrote:Who pays these costs if you can't?

No one I suppose. It will just be bad-debts on CR's books.
That said, if Mccanns lost, the person who bankroll them will have to pay those costs.

On the positive side, this can be drawn to Court's attention as example of the extent Mccanns go to, to take on an old-man sans legal representation. The inequality of arms is reflected in CR's billings.

So, Kate said this: on pages 289-290 of 'madeleine', by Dr Kate McCann:

This raises serious questions, because whichever way you look at it, someone must be telling porky pies.

Have Carter Ruck (or some of their employees) deceived Kate McCann into believing that they were doing a vast amount of work for the McCanns, without payment.

Is it only Adam Tudor and Isabel Hudson who have been working without payment. If so, then the bill informed to Tony Bennett must be reduced by their combined amount.

Is CR guilty of including fees against Tony Bennett, which are not to be counted.

Is CR lying to Kate when they are claimed, by Kate, to be working without payment, or is Kate guilty of lying to the public, including the little old ladies and young children who donated their precious little pennies to the scam fund.

Next question, if CR are prepared to do free work for a pair of self-confessed child-neglecting doctors, why are they not prepared to do free work for an old age pensioner who believes, along with the rest of the sentient public, that parents owe a duty of responsibility towards looking after the welfare of their defenseless little children.
Do CR only offer free work to irresponsible people. Carter-Rucks's costs: £288,503 for fighting McCanns v Bennett 173510
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 31.01.13 17:17

aiyoyo wrote:
tasprin wrote:Wow! That is shocking.

Probably similar amount if not higher.....all these in the name of *search* for madeleine.
What a sinful waste of money when it could have been spent properly on the search (if there is a search)!

While at the same time they reject the services of a dedicated missing persons' website. Makes sense, doesn't it!
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 31.01.13 17:23

CR works only for those who can pay through their noses! Those types are usually dodgy who need reputation management, hence willing to fork out.
CR is happy to defense their porkie pies so long as the lard goes into their pocket.

No difference from assassins for hire if price is right.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Southgate 31.01.13 17:25

Have they provided you with a full itemised breakdown of how they arrive at that figure Tony?

Bob Southgate
Bob Southgate

Activity : 161

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top