Quotes from scrolling forum banner

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quotes from scrolling forum banner

Post by Get'emGonçalo on Mon 5 Dec - 7:55

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Gonçalo Amaral will be on TVI news tonight with Judite de Sousa at 20h00 and he promises to be rough!......The McCann's libel lawyer, Isabel Duarte, has finally complied with the superior court ruling to return Gonçalo Amaral's books.....The McCann couple or their Tapas friends could force the reopening of the process if they would do the reconstruction....In 2007 British Ambassador Alexander W. Ellis admitted that the British Police had developed evidence against Kate and Gerry McCann.....Assistant Chief Constable for Leicestershire police: “While one or both of the McCanns may be innocent there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.”....Carter-Ruck's costs in the case of McCanns v Bennett exceed £120,000 already.....Quote of the day in this multi-million pound review - DCI Andy Redwood: “We are working on the basis of two possibilities here. One is that Madeleine is still alive; and the second that she is sadly dead"...Maddie police: We have evidence that may help us solve the mystery.......McCann's lawyer Isabel Duarte: "I have friends that don’t want to talk to me about the case because everyone believes in Gonçalo Amaral"....Portuguese and Spanish Police claim the news about the latest timely Maddie 'sighting' in Spain is completely false.....Martin Brunt: "I guess we can expect more of this (new 'sighting' in Spain) as the fifth anniversary of Madeleine McCann's disappearance approaches."...British police confident of breakthrough as fifth anniversary of Maddie's disappearance looms.......Francisco Moita Flores: "Scotland Yard has made another two million pounds available to search for Maddie McCann"....Gonçalo Amaral: "Elements from the Scotland Yard have been working with an investigative PJ team from Oporto, and what is known is that the “affair” is not going well for the McCanns.".....Scotland Yard dismisses work done by the private agency “Método” 3 hired by the McCann couple.....Gonçalo Amaral: "There is going to be news in the upcoming days...At the end of all this someone will reimburse me for all the wicked actions taken against me...then I will tell the rest."........Kate McCann's lawyer Carlos Pinto de Abreu: "If you were Portuguese, this would be enough to put you in prison.".....Gonçalo Amaral: “This litigation will carry a heavy price – but I have faith that the mystery will be resolved. Even if I “disappear” in the process - as Kate McCann has written that she wishes I would in her book - I have a daughter and lots of friends who will make sure justice is done”...Lady Margaret Hodge's nephew, Philip Edmonds, claimed that on 3 May 2007 Madeleine was captured on a photo, together with his three boys. Despite the immense value this might have had in settling arguments about Madeleine's movements on 3 May, neither he nor the McCanns ever produced it....Martin Grime: "Not all the alert signals have been investigated by the appropriate agencies in order to provide forensic comparations, in spite of indications to the contrary.".....British criminal profiler NPIA, Lee Rainbow: "Madeleine's father was the last one to see her alive. The family is a lead that should be followed. Contradictions in Gerald McCann's statements might lead us to suspect a homicide."...Martin Brunt, Crime Correspondent: "The crucial part of the evidence appears to be a complete match of Madeleine's DNA in the boot of the hire car"...Inspector Ricardo Paiva: "It was Scotland Yard who first thought it could be a murder case."......Inspector Steve Bentley, NSY: "You state that you have a first hand information from an insider from the McCann's private investigators. This information would obviously be of interest to the team and they would welcome details of this individual...".......Gonçalo Amaral: "I would be willing to fly to London to speak with officers doing the review to assist them."....Philomena McCann: "Gordon Brown set things in motion at the start.".....Molly: "There is no evidence of a break-in yet the couple are still free to tell the world that there was one and they can do this unchallenged.".....Gerry McCann: "I think certainly there's been remarkably few child abductions since Madeleine was taken and I think people are more aware.".....Kate and Gerry McCann urge Prime Minister to save 'no win, no fee' for libel cases......Brian Kennedy, the McCanns multi-millionaire benefactor, pledged on his website to meet ALL the growing costs of 'Team McCann', so why do Kate and Gerry keep appealing to the public for donations?....Cadaver dogs used in Suzanne Pilley murder probe ... Gilroy found guilty despite no body, no murder weapon and no forensic evidence.....Portuguese Judge orders McCanns to immediately return Gonçalo Amaral's books so they may be sold......Gonçalo Amaral: "The key that Mr. Gerald McCann alleges to have used had in fact been left in the kitchen, on the kitchen’s counter. Right away, the lies started.".....Gonçalo Amaral: "Justice works in silence."....Hugging Maddie's treasured Cuddle Cat after she washed it, anguished Kate McCann told Rachael Bletchly of The People on 5 August 2007 that she could no longer smell her daughter's scent on the toy.

Quote by Tony Bennett: "
The achievement of front-page media headlines has been massive and
unprecedented: Monsterman/Cooperman, the Arade Dam searches, Maddie
abducted by Raymond Hewlett, Maddie in Morocco, Maddie stolen by
gypsies, Maddie in a prison lair near Praia da Luz, Maddie taken by a
Posh-Spice-lookalike on a yacht to Australia, Maddie seen in Dubai,
Maddie's abductors exposed in a letter from Raymond Hewlett's death-bed
delivered by a mystery man to Wayne Hewlett (which he then burnt before
talking to the Sun), Maddie thought to be in America by a
basketball-playing Angolan who had to flee Portugal after having teeth
knocked out by a gang of paedophiles who had organised Maddie's
abduction...here Brian Kennedy's team, backed by Clarence
'my-job-is-to-control-what-comes-out-in-the-media' Mitchell, have surely
wrought one of the all-time international media campaign successes,
possibly worthy of an entry in the Guinness Book of Records?"

Last edited by Get 'em Gonçalo on Mon 5 Dec - 8:12; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Quotes from scrolling forum banner

Post by Get'emGonçalo on Mon 5 Dec - 7:55

Why did Gerry McCann tell the Leveson Inquiry, under oath, that he strongly believes in freedom of speech and doesn't have a problem with anybody purporting a theory when he is instructing Carter-Ruck to take legal action to silence those who purport a theory based on the official Portuguese police files? * When referring to Robert Murat's arguido status why does Kate McCann state in her book that his 'formal status meant he would officially be treated as a suspect in the crime' but at the Leveson Inquiry the McCanns refer to their own arguido status as meaning 'persons of interest'? * Why did Kate McCann take Maddie's Cuddle Cat toy to work and place it in contact with 6 dead bodies before taking it on holiday? * Why don't the McCanns advertise on their website or Facebook page that they have a £2.6 million pound reward for the safe return of Maddie? * Why did the McCanns allow the investigation to be shelved then complain that no police force is looking for Maddie? * Why hasn't Dr David Payne or Dr Gerry McCann sued Dr Katherina Gaspar for suggesting in her statement to the police that they are paedophiles? * Why has Gerry McCann got a registration number of 19309 in the child abuse CATS system? * Why won't the McCanns write to the Portuguese Prosecutor to reopen the process when all it will cost them, according to Gonçalo Amaral, is the stamp on the letter? * Why did the McCanns lie about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years? * Why is the date 2006 seen on Maddie's Online Shop when she disappeared in 2007? * Why did Gerry McCann say, on the airport bus, that he wasn't in Portugal to enjoy himself? * Maddie's Fund was created just 7 full working days after she 'disappeared' - how did the McCanns know so early on that she wouldn't be found soon? * Why does the Leicester police website link to the McCanns Fraudulent Fund when they are still uncleared prime suspects in hiding their daughters dead body? * Why did Maddie's pink blanket and Gerry's blue tennis bag disappear after the PJ photographed them? * Why did the McCanns wash the curtains behind the sofa in the holiday apartment when they'd only been there for a week? * Why did the McCanns delete all their text messages and phone records the night Maddie disappeared? * Eddie barks to alert to cadaver and Keela freezes at the source of blood - what are the chances of two separate, highly-trained, independent working dogs both alerting to the exact same area, and both of them being wrong? * If the McCanns claim they never called their daughter Maddie why did they allow the name Maddie to be printed on the inflatable billboard that they had transported from Scotland to Praia da Luz that advertised the £1.5 million reward? * McCanns P.I. Kevin Halligen squandered £500,000 of the Fund money on high living and, although he's currently in prison for unrelated $2million fraud charges, why didn't the McCanns sue him? * If Kate McCann was "certain" Maddie had been "murdered" (page 296, para 3 of her Carter-Ruck approved book) surely that means the whole issue of fundraising has been a massive lie? * Why did Rachael Oldfield say in her Rogatory Interview: "If Madeleine had accidentally been bumped on the head" rather than "If Madeleine had accidentally bumped her head" before going on to say that there were plenty of people there who could have tried to revive a child? * Why did the McCanns keep dirty nappies and rotting meat in the boot of their hire car and does that mean that the dogs' alerts behind the sofa and in the wardrobe in their holiday apartment aswell as outside on the verandah and in the flower bed were also dirty nappies and rotting meat?.......Why did the McCanns pay £37,000 for the FindMadeleine.com website?........................................................

Last edited by Get 'em Gonçalo on Tue 6 Dec - 8:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on Mon 5 Dec - 7:56

.....................................................................................................................................Eamonn Holmes: But you see, part of me just doubts whether this is true or not, or is it about just keeping the awareness, keeping the profile, keeping us all thinking about it? The parents may be complicit in this, I don't know, and encouraging these stories and keeping them out just to keep people aware."...Martin Brunt: "There are 30 Met officers - the equivalent of a murder squad - working on the review and I'm told that a senior officer is having to give regular spending updates to the Home Office which is funding an operation that will cost several million and last many months."....Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'.....Manuel Catriano: "This story did not begin in the Ocean Club, but in London where the 'official truth' was conspired and established: an English girl was kidnapped in the Algarve."....Gonçalo Amaral: "Dr Katherina Gaspar witnesses a scene with David Payne and Gerry McCann which flabbergasts her and makes her fear for the safety of her daughter and the other children"....Gonçalo Amaral: " I have understood their game. The McCanns knew that I was going to catch them. So the game is always the same. We want to catch them, they want to escape, and that's it. Sometimes the bandits win, sometimes the policemen do."....Gonçalo Amaral: "Under the old Penal Process, how do I ask Kate: "Are you lying when you say you didn't touch the window? As a matter of fact, it was you who opened the window. We have material evidence of that. A question like this forces the constitution of arguido...".....Tony Bennett: "The Madeleine Foundation has now sent a 32-page letter and a bundle of supporting evidence to the Scotland Yard 'Maddie Case' Review Team".............Gonçalo Amaral: "The little girl died in the apartment. Everything is in the book, which is faithful to the investigation until September: it reflects the understanding of the Portuguese and the English police and of the Public Ministry. For all of us until then the concealment of the cadaver, the simulation of abduction and the exposure or abandonment were proved."...Gonçalo Amaral: "For the McCanns to ask for the process to be reopened, all it would take is a letter to the prosecutor...it costs them nothing, just the stamp on the letter."...Gonçalo Amaral: "The investigation will be concluded, it will be reopened and it will be taken to an end; and justice will be made, that is all that we want."...Gonçalo Amaral: "There are hundreds of indications, clues regarding a certain event; and it is that event that some people do not accept and want to conceal."...Kate Healy was not immediately made an arguida, but merely interviewed voluntarily as a witness. Only after her interview was she made an arguida, that is, after she was confronted with concrete facts that might lead to her incrimination."...Gonçalo Amaral: "If the McCanns admit that their daughter is dead, they can no longer collect money from the Maddie fund, and that's a lot of money, over one million pounds. That's why they say that the girl was abducted."...Kate McCann: "This pair (Carter Ruck lawyers) continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment, most of it quietly behind the scenes."...Gonçalo Amaral: "Nowadays I have no doubts left, the archival for various reasons, was mainly due to political pressures made by the English - I have no doubts about that."...Gonçalo Amaral: "I remind you that they demanded the archiving of the process, in 2008, when they were arguidos, merely to defend their image. They are not interested in the reopening of the process or of the investigation"...Gonçalo Amaral: "It's too big and too serious a burden to be concealed by so many people for their entire lives."...Gonçalo Amaral: "Let's remember it is totally logical to find Madeleine's DNA in the home, but absolutely not in a car rented more than twenty days after her disappearance."...Tony Bennett: "The question is: exactly what is it about Madeleine's disappearance that caused such a massive level of government activity, including MI5 and secret service type groups like Control Risks Group, to become involved, and so quickly and in such large numbers? Was it to help find a missing child? Or to locate an abductor?...Martin Grime: "My professional opinion as regards to the EVRD's alert indications is that it is suggestive that this is 'cadaver scent' contaminant."...Gonçalo Amaral: "If the body had been buried there would have been mummification. The fact that there were fluids points to refrigeration."...Dr Vernon Coleman: "Would you hire the McCanns as babysitters?"...Gonçalo Amaral: "there were gestures and words indicating the existence of a child molester within that group of people"...Jose Barra da Costa, PJ: "There are people who guarantee that this is a couple who practice 'swinging' - i.e. sexual relationships between couples and then changing partners, and that this practice would allow in this type of..."...Justine McGuiness: "We were a bit naughty because we did have messages coming out of the police station which we weren't supposed to..."...C443 J.N. HUGHES: Background Information- Gerald McCANN - A search of the local section of the child abuse shows a registration number 19309 in the CATS system....Dr Katherina Gaspar: "I remember Dave telling Gerry something like “she”, referring to Madeleine, “would do this”.. While he mentioned the word 'this', David was doing the action of sucking one of his fingers, pushing it in and out of his mouth, while with his other hand he was doing a circle around his nipple. I remember being shocked by that."...Sofia Leal: “My husband and I have never abandoned our daughters, or allowed paedophiles in our circle of friends. I am shocked that a couple who affirm to be religious is seeking out to destroy our family”...Gerry McCann: "There's no evidence that Madeleine is dead and there's no evidence to implicate us in her death"...

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on Mon 5 Dec - 7:57

....................................................Why do the McCanns tell blatant lies and change their stories then threaten to sue those who question them? * Why did Gerry McCann say in his original statement that he used the front door with a key, then changed it in his second statement to the patio door which was unlocked? * Why did the McCanns transport rotting meat and dirty nappies to the tip in their car when there were bins nearby? * Why did the dogs only signal at the McCanns apartment, clothes and car? * Why didn't Kate have the twins checked if she thought they'd been sedated by the abductor? * Why did the McCanns tell the media the PJ had offered them a deal when the PJ can't offer deals? * Why were old photographs of Maddie released first when Kate had the latest photo on her camara? * Why was the Fund named after a police manual? * Why did Kate say the window had been jemmied when it hadn't? * Why were the only fingerprints on the window found to be Kates? * Why did the McCanns make excuses for the cadaver scent and bodily fluids found in their hire car? * Just what was Robert Murat's role in the Madeleine McCann disappearance? * John McCann gave up his job to be a director of the Fund - how did he know Maddie wouldn't be found that day? * Why did Clarence Mitchell give up a well paid job and pension to take up a PR job that might only last a few days? * Just how many false names are the McCanns allowing on their petition? * Who torched Sergei Malinka's car? * Who killed Goncalo Amaral's dog? * Why did our government try to make the McCanns Fund into a charity? * What did Maddie's disappearance have to do with The Chancellor, Gordon Brown? * Why did the McCanns claim to be devout catholics when Kate's mother said they weren't? * Why did the McCanns allow the sabotage of the crime scene? * Why did the McCanns refuse to co-operate with the investigation? * Why did Kate refuse to answer 48 questions that may have helped find Maddie? * Why did the McCanns refuse to take part in an official police reconstruction but then made a tv documentary? * Will other children, like Shannon Matthews, be at risk of copycat faked abductions? *

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on Mon 5 Dec - 7:57

.......................................[size=16]Gerry McCann: "Find the body and prove we killed her"....David Payne: "We have a pact. This is our matter only. It is nobody else's business"...David Payne: “We know they didn’t do it. One of our party saw Madeleine being abducted. We were waiting for something to happen but didn't in our worst nightmare think it would be this."...Clarence Mitchell: "There is a wholly innocent explanation for any material the police may or may not have found"...Clarence Mitchell: "Kate and Gerry are not responsible for Madeleine`s death"...Clarence Mitchell: "What goes on the internet has not been sanctioned by Kate and Gerry."...Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa: "There is one piece of stand alone evidence."...Michael Wright: "I noted some disagreeable smells on a number of occasions which I judged to have come from the twins’ nappies. I have no knowledge of anything spilling from any article nor of any cleaning of the car after such a hypothetical spill."...Eileen McCann: "If someone lifted her out of bed Madeleine would have screamed the place down. That girl could throw a tantrum if she wanted to"...Clarence Mitchell: “Anybody who has given money to help find Madeleine need have no fear that their money is being spent on lawyers fees or anything like that.”...Clarence Mitchell: "Just put money into an envelope and send it to Kate and Gerry McCann, Rothley, it'll get there"........Kate McCann: "Rome is preparing itself for our visit."...Susan Healy: "Kate said last night 'If I weighed another two stone, had a bigger bosom and looked more maternal, people would be more sympathetic."...Kate McCann: "Be brave, sweetheart."...Martin Brunt: "We all thought they were a chavvy family from some estate in Essex who weren't looking after their children properly but the fact that these were two middle-aged, middle-income or, even high-income professionals, doctors, it did rather take on a different hue."...Carlos Anjos: "If that situation had been of an abduction, it would have been terrible for the child. Because if that child were to be sold, or something else... She was as good as... it was her death sentence. That situation, that day, advertising that photo, was simply the death sentence of that child."...Gerry McCann: "The iris is Madeleine’s only true distinctive feature. Certainly we thought it was possible that this could potentially hurt her or her abductor might do something to her eye.… But in terms of marketing, it was a good ploy.”...Clarence Mitchell: "If she's dead then she's dead, but not by their hand"...Kate McCann: "My struggle to control 'very difficult' Madeleine"...Question 41 to Kate McCann: "Is it true that in England you even considered handing over Madeleine’s custody to a relative?"...Maddie McCann: "Why didn't you come when we were crying last night?"...Kate McCann: "...that means that, you know, she must have fallen back asleep very quickly, errm... and then she moved on… you know, she moved on."...Kate McCann: "I don't want to dwell on it too much."...Kate McCann:"When lunchtime came, Gerry and I were in the middle of another meeting when we discovered there was no one around to collect Sean and Amelie. We had to interrupt proceedings and go to the Toddler Club ourselves"...Maria Bandeirinha: “Kate passed by my door, laughing her head off, with a friend, days after her daughter disappeared. What mother has a child in an unknown location and feels like laughing?"...Kate McCann: "Well, it was our holiday too"....Kate McCann: "It's funny, we were having such a good time. We were with our friends and their kids. I think cos there was a group of us, you're just into each other, d'you know what I mean"...Gerry McCann: "If Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment – why would that be our fault?"...Kate McCann: "It was so dark...it was dark, erm I've never had such a long night it was dark and you're just praying for the light you know to come up to get out there..."...Rachael Oldfield: "I didn’t really like going up there by myself, it was, like going through that car park was quite dark and there was never anyone around, it was a bit, you know made me feel a bit uneasy”...Kate McCann: "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances."...Kate McCann: "I can't stop thinking about Madeleine, about her fear of pain"...Kate McCann: "Whoever Madeleine's with she'll be giving them her tuppence worth."...Kate McCann's diary: "Gerry put on another great performance"...Daily Express reporter: "She and husband Gerry burst into laughter as they promoted her book about their lost daughter Madeleine."....Gerry McCann: "Ask the dogs, Sandra."...Gerry McCann: "It wasn't as bad as the night we found her..."...Gerry McCann: "Nothing of value was taken the night Madeleine disappeared"....Gerry McCann to Ed Smart: "Ed, I would not be surprised if they, you know, don't plant evidence in the car, you know, to have them think that there's DNA in this car that I rented after the fact is just outrageous, and what could they possibly have?"....Dave Edgar: "Maddie is in a secret lair in a lawless village in PDL"...Donal MacIntyre: Maddie's abductor cleaned the apartment, after a rehearsal, leaving no DNA...Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer."...John McCann: "It's not bad for a bunch of amateurs"...Moita Flores: "I have no doubts that the child died. Who knows, one day a fishing net will pick up a bag with a child's bones in it."...PJ Case Files: "Between 15h00 on August 4th 2007 and 06h30 on August 5th 2007, the following samples were recovered in the living room of apartment 5A at the OCEAN CLUB where a murder probably took place.".....Gonçalo Amaral: "The priests also know very well what happened that night.”...Gonçalo Amaral: "I receive a phone call from Sofia, who insists on my going home: our Shitzu dog is dead. She found it that morning, lifeless on the ground, with a head injury."...Dr Paulo Sargento: "Gonçalo Amaral is the visible target the McCanns want to take down"....Portuguese AG, Fernando Pinto Monteiro: "One way or another the McCanns were responsible for their child's death."...Gonçalo Amaral: “There are things that I haven’t said yet”...Gonçalo Amaral: "I am not shutting up"...........

Back to top Go down

Quotes from the McCann case

Post by Get'emGonçalo on Tue 28 Jul - 10:27

CM = Clarence Mitchell; GM = Gerry McCann; KM = Kate McCann

Madeleine McCann, "I had the best day ever, mommie!"

GM, "We have been advised our behaviour was legally well within the bounds of responsible parenting and have been assured no action will be taken."

KM, "It was during one of my checks that I discovered she'd gone."

GM, "I think, em, you know, we are not looking at what has been done, and I don't think it helps at this stage to look back at what could and couldn't have been done ... The time for these lessons to be learned is after the investigation is finished and not now... Of course the world has changed in terms of information technology and the speed of response, you know, in terms of the media coming here and us being prepared, em, to some extent to use that to try and influence the campaign, but above all else, it's touched everyone. Everyone."

GM in The Tablet, "When I was praying I started thinking of all the things that were happening. There were lots and lots of ideas in my head and how we could make things better and I was really feeling very down and not sure which way to proceed. I had this mental image of being in a tunnel and instead of the light at the end of the tunnel being extremely narrow and a distant spot, the light opened up and the tunnel got wider and wider and went in many different directions. I talked to you [Kate] about it and said, 'I am not prepared to pursue one path. We are going to do everything in our power to influence things... It was almost like something'I am not saying it was the Holy Spirit'came into me and gave me that image. That is when I really felt I had a clear path."

Carlos Anjos (an English translation from a Portuguese TV interview), "When we realized that the first contact the McCann couple made after the disappearance of their daughter was not to the authorities, to any authorities, but to Sky News, the image was given of the place where they wanted the investigation to be carried out, or the motto had been given, that we were going to have a media-saturated investigation."

CM, "Kate and Gerry are realistic enough to know that Madeleine may be dead and it would be a tragedy that she is found as such, because it rules out the hope that she is alive... But any widening of the search area is encouraging and we would welcome that. If she is dead then she is dead, but not by their hand."

KM, "Cuddle Cat WAS very special to Madeleine."

CM, "There are wholly innocent explanations for any material that the police may or may not have found."

KM "believes she is being persecuted because of her appearance," her mother revealed today. In an extraordinary interview, Susan Healy described how her distraught daughter claimed "if she was heavier'and had bigger breasts'people would be more sympathetic."

The McCanns were said to be "emotionally torn" to learn that Portugal's biggest ever anti-paedophile operation has failed to turn up a single lead in the hunt for their four-year-old daughter, who went missing during a family holiday on May 3.

KM was nicknamed "Hot Lips Healy" during her student days at Dundee University, according to her year book. Kate Healy, as she was then, was one of the most popular students in the medical department, where classmates said "the Liverpudlian loved parties and trips to the pub, but still passed all her exams with ease."

KM's year book entry also reads: "Renowned for frequently indulging in alcoholic binges and "dance till you drop" nocturnal activities, she immediately led the rest of her fellow colleagues astray... Hot Lips Healy maintained a consistent Friday night appearance in the Union throughout the whole of first year."

CM, "For the record Gerry McCann is the biological father of his daughter Madeleine. A report suggesting otherwise is nothing short of lies. It is indeed an absolutely untrue fabrication."

GM just days after Madeleine's disappearance, "Kate and I have to concentrate on our own well being."

Brian Healy, "Anger keeps me going, so I'm doing pretty well because there has been a lot to be angry about."

CM stated that while the couple were confident nothing incriminating would be found, they were concerned the relevance of the results could be exaggerated in the Portuguese press.

KM, "I know the situation we were in that night,"

KM, "It cannot be considered a crime. Someone committed one, but not us."

KM, "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances."

KM, "I was sure immediately that she didn't walk out of that room"

GM, "Kate and I are totally 100% confident in each other's innocence".

GM, "I know 100 per cent Kate could NOT have done anything. I know that's true from what I did that night...and in terms of what Kate knows about me, I was away from her for just ten minutes."

Overheard at the Tapas Bar from one of the Tapas 9, "It wasn't supposed to happen this way."

GM, " "Find the body and prove we killed her."

KM, wishing she could have been there "at the moment when Madeleine was taken."

GM, "Sometimes people do things for reasons that even they cannot understand. An act of madness, an accident or sudden impulse can lead to consequences that people may never have imagined or intended."

GM, "It seems like a disaster that we've got this huge donated fund and now we're not allowed to use it for legal costs because we're under suspicion."

KM, " It really isn't easy... some days are better than others... There's days when you think, 'I can't do this anymore,' and you just want to press a button, and we're all gone, and it's all finished, and we're all together and gone. Wherever. But you can't, you know. Just occasionally you'll have a -- if you're having a really bad day, which we do. And you can't help but think that."

KM, "Haven't I suffered enough without all these new lies coming out?"

KM, 'This is my job now. I can see this becoming my full-time career, with this whole issue of child welfare and opposing paedophiles'."

"She [Kate] is not of a mind to go back into medicine," said one friend. "She hasn't ruled it out entirely but she doesn't feel it would appeal to her any more."

CM, "No decision has been taken on Kate's future yet. She hasn't approached, or been approached by, any children's charities."

GM, "We welcome the announcement from Mr Ribeiro, the National director of the Judicial Police in Portugal, that our friends who were on holiday with us in Portugal are to be re-interviewed."

GM, "We have our own children now anyway to look after."

KM, "It was our holiday too, you know."

KM, "We were just so into each other."

GM, "The situation that Madeleine finds herself in"

GM, "We have our own children now anyway to look after."

GM telling the world shortly after the fund was set up, " Keep the money rolling in."

Kate on Radio 4 Womens Hour: Interviewer : "Was Maddy sleeping when you left for dinner?" LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG PAUSE... KM, "Er, ah, yeah, yeah she was."

GM, "I'm not here to enjoy myself."

Robert Murat, "I am an innocent victim in the world's biggest f*ck up."

Detective Sousa, "This is a very complicated and complex investigation."

Detective Sousa, "There is one piece of stand alone evidence."

Detective Sousa, " This is a case that any police force in the world would love to solve."

KM, before becoming a suspect, "The police don't want a murder in Portugal and all the publicity about them not having paedophile laws here, so they're blaming us."

GM, "We are being absolutely stitched up."

GM, "We want a big event to raise awareness that she is still missing... It wouldn't be a one-year anniversary, it will be sooner than that."

GM, "I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine's disappearance in the long term."

KM, "Yyyeeah, yeah you're right! (voice reaches a crescendo) It was a very small window of opportunity but they saw it and then "whoosh clunk."

GM, "One good thing to come out of all of this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't."

GM, press statement in his blog, condemning the Telegraaf for publishing something, which they had not yet published.

GM, On finding Madeleine gone, "it was like going to the bank and finding yourself over your student overdraft."

GM, in Vanity Fair, The iris is "Madeleine's only true distinctive feature. Certainly we thought it was possible that this could potentially hurt her or"'he grimaces'"her abductor might do something to her eye. But in terms of marketing, it was a good ploy."

CM, "There is a wholly innocent explanation for any material the police may or may not have found".

KM, "Please continue to pray for Madeleine. She's lovely."

CM, "We have not cooperated in any shape or form."

GM, "We're always left with the fact that Kate and I were not in the apartment when it happened, and we've got to face up to that."

KM, "There's not a day that goes by that I think to myself why did I think that was okay? Was I wrong in thinking that was okay? All I can think to myself is I know how much I love my children, and I know I am a responsible parent."

GM, "We, like everyone else, await the results of the forensics from the recent searches. We do not know who has taken Madeleine or why. Sometimes people do things for reasons that even they cannot understand. An act of madness, an accident or sudden impulse can lead to consequences that people may never have imagined or intended. Faced with such a situation we believe any human soul will ultimately suffer torment and feelings of guilt and fear. If you have done something you regret, if you find yourself in a situation you never intended, it is not too late to do the right thing. Please come forward, return Madeleine, leave her in a place of safety. At the very least, help us by letting us know what has happened to our beautiful little girl".

GM, "We haven`t done any chat-shows up 'til now, as we wanted to be seen as ordinary parents rather than celebrities."

GM, "If we had any hard leads we wouldn`t be telling the public, it would be handled quietly!"

Jane Tanner, "In hindsight again ---"

KM, "Definitely, I mean I think, you know, the public can help so much. If people know something, if they can ummmm;" wipes her cheek and tucks her hair behind her ear, "Just," deep breath, "I guess search their heart really, sombody knows something, they might not realise;" hand gesture, "they might just suspect something but every... everybody can make a difference to this. It's not about us: we miss her like crazy but this is Madeleine: this is a four year old girl: we haven't even seen her since she was four. You know. Madeleine's there and she needs our help. She needs to be with her family."

GM, "A few nights ago, we had a curry with some friends." KM, "It was just a takeaway, we weren't out having a meal." GM, "And the waiters in the restaurant, the staff - they were so good."

KM, " Whoever Madeleine's with she'll be giving them her tuppence worth. "

CM, "An outcome similar to Holly and Jessica is possible. I don't want to, and I can't, talk about Robert Murat but some journalists who worked with me in Soham, and that were now in Portugal, saw resemblances between that case and Robert Murat. And I won't say more."

CM, "It was suggested in the press that Kate and Gerry went to Fátima to bury Maddie's body. I went along with them on that trip and I guarantee we didn't bury anyone there."

CM, "I was the head of the government's Media Monitoring Unit. Forty people work there and their function is to control what comes out in the media."

Gonçalo Amaral, "This is very weird for an abduction". Upon hearing Gonçalo Amaral, a young inspector asked him, "Chief, do you believe Kate is responsible for the death of her daughter?" The answer couldn't be more direct, "I'm still not sure, but I wouldn't like her to be my mother."

Gm, in his JFK speech voice (outside the church after mass), "...I would like to thank everybody for their support... It has gave us HOPE (getting teary eyed)... and COURAGE...!"

KM, on the "hot seat" after GM storms out of a TV interview after being asked about the blood found in the apartment, blustering, "We're no going to go into the investigation...", "He is upset. Give him a minute... let him get some air, don't worry." Interviewer, "Do you want to know the subsequent questions?" KM, "Yeah, well, don't worry. It's only this is very difficult, because everyone asks things about the investigation, and we cannot do that. Furthermore, it's very frustrating, because all that you see in the media is inaccurate, uncertain, very mixed up, and we would like very much to "enlighten" it, but we can't."

GM, "we are hoping for the best possible outcome for us.... and Madeleine."

KM, "At worst we were naive."

GM, "The chances of her being abducted were more than 100 million to one."

KM, "We're good parents, not suspects."

John McCann, "Even if she has been damaged, I believe she is still recoverable."

A relative on the demeanor of the McCanns, "They were on the floor for a few days, but soon regained their poise."

GM, " I hope we are going to look back at the end of this and say we've done everything in our power."

CM, on the lack of tears, " They don't cry in public, but plenty of tears are shed 'backstage'."

GM, "We fear she has been taken out of Portugal and abducted"

Philomena McCann, "To suggest in any possible way that Kate and Gerry are negligable parents.., negligent parents... negligent parents... Sorry is just abhorrent to all of us."

Nora Paul,"They were six medical professionals...if there'd been an accidental... I mean a. If it were accidental and they were doing something bad they'd covered it ..they could of covered it up, if it was accidental they'd of taken care of it."

KM's mother, Susan Healy, "She was almost perfect...

Susan Healy, "They used to sedate her as she was a sleep walker."

GM, "Makes you think, why the twins did not wake up, they, he must have sedated them."

GM, "Madeleine did not spend much time with the twins really."

GM's Blog, "Sean is really getting a taste for sea-bass."

CM, "He/she must come forward to be eliminated from our enquiries."

KM, "I think that is a very small minority of people that are criticising us."

GM, If the worst happened...at least she will be in a better place."

GM paused over Madeleine, who – a typical doctor's observation, this – was lying almost in "the recovery position" with Cuddle Cat, the toy her godfather, John Corner, had bought her, and her comfort blanket up near her head, and thought how gorgeous, how lovely-looking she was and how lucky he was.

KM: "I feel.. (short pause) I feel sad.. (short pause) And.. (long pause) I feel lonely.. (short pause) And.. (scratches the back of her head quickly) Erm.. Our life is not as happy without Madeleine.. (very long pause, then tut and quick sigh) But.. (pause) You know, I still have hope, we still have hope.. (long pause, then bites her lip)" GM:(comes to the rescue) "Definitely... And still she's out there... We believe that..." KM:"I just feel anxious that she's out there and she's not with us..." Next, they say quite a lot about the twins, and their reaction. KM:"It's hard for us as parents to imagine the fun they'd be having together, if Madeleine was there..."

GM said, "I'm desensitised to the more common pictures of Madeleine."

Eileen McCann, Gerry's mother, in the hope that Madeleine would be back for twins Sean and Amelie's third birthday next month, "The party's on and it will be an even bigger one if wee Madeleine is back. All we can do is hope and pray. As difficult as it is, life has to go on. We are determined to give the twins as normal an upbringing as possible."

"Kate feels after all she's been through she feels she has a lot to offer child organisations."

Mrs Healy of KM: "One of her main goals in life is to work with children and assist with child safety."

David Payne: "We have a pact. This is our matter only. It is nobody else's business."

GM shortly after learning about the DNA evidence, including the bodily fluids, telephoned The Sun's editor Rebecca Wade directly to restate his innocence and keep the McCanns' side of the story alive, "There are large craters in every one of these theories, in these just ludicrous accusations."

Jane Tanner: "I saw a man carrying a child in their pyjamas and I thought to myself - well he's not a very good parent - as it was a cold night."

KM, "The situation Madeleine finds herself in."

KM, "I'm not so happy now that Madeleine has gone."

KM, "It was really just like being in your back garden."

Philomena McCann, "The policeman who came to do the forensics was only wearing a pair of gloves.

GM, "It could have been worse, we could have lost the twins too. There were three children in the room. That's the worst nightmare."

As they chatted, GM thought how lucky he was, his children asleep nearby, he and Kate free to come and enjoy some adult time at the restaurant and not have to sit with their children, as this couple were.

KM, "I just feel closer to Madeleine here in Portugal, I mean I might be wrong, she might be closer to the UK."

GM, "After 5 or 6 weeks things went very quiet and I was actually quite glad of that, we could get back to a more normal existance and a quieter form of campaigning... broader political issues, etc."

From the FindMadeleine website, "Madeleine is a warm, life-enriching little person and will never fail we're sure, to bring joy into the life of anyone she may encounter."

CM, "There is a wholly innocent explanation for anything which may or may not have been found."

GM's flipchart, "The Wider Agenda," the lozenge-shaped drawings suggesting paving-stones or a freemasonry code. The former a sublimal reference that maybe Madeleine rests under a paving-stone?

"Leaving No Stone Unturned," the subtitle of "Madeleine's Fund," when "Leave No Stone Unturned" was the title of a book about the forensic work of NecroSearch Unlimited.

GM? "We were being targeted, they were photographing little blonde girls and Madeline and spying on our movements..."

GM, "We have done nothing against the law...."

KM, in the Woman's Hour interview: Interviewer, "What do you remember about the last day of the holiday? KM, "I can't go into specifics." Interviewer, "How did you discover Madeleine wasn't there?" KM, "I can't go into details." Interviewer, "Guilt...what about your guilt?" KM, "I've come to terms with that." KM: "I don't want them to forget Madeleine. I want her to remain very much in their memory."

KM, just 5 days after Madeleine's disappearance, saying that she "was sleeping well."

KM laughing about Gerry being compared to "a Tiny Tears doll."

GM, "It is very encouraging that Mr. Rebelo's officers will be seemingly reviewing all the material in the inquiry, which will hopefully identify areas for further investigation."

GM blogging that he hoped Maddie was being "treated like a princess."

But over the months since Madeleine's disappearance GM has become increasingly convinced that the intruder was already in the flat. "He believes there was certainly something odd," a friend said today. "The bedroom door was ajar when he got in and he thought, 'That's strange.' He went into the room, checked that Madeleine was still asleep in bed; she was and he came out, closed the door. Initially he thought that she might have got up and gone to the toilet or gone to get a drink or something but now he thinks that the abductor must have been in there hiding." The friend added, "He believes he came in, opened the door and didn't have time to close it. Once Gerry had left, he would have known he had to come out very quickly and because Gerry went out through the patio door, went out through the window. He has no proof but that is what he believes."

GM telephoning his mother-in-law, saying "There's been a disaster! It's a disaster!"

GM saying to David Payne during one of his tennis lessons, "Can you look in on Kate, I am worried about her state of mind today."

Dianne Webster, on why she remained at the table while the rest of the group went back to 5A, "I thought they were playing just another one of their games."

Pro-McCann Poster, "The reason why the sniffer dogs were alerted to the church was because there would have been lots of funerals there."

KM, "We'll do everything we can to find Madeleine; she deserves that!"

KM, "Madeleine was everything to us."

KM, "...She's lov'ly!" (quickly uttered then baaad CORNER LOOK onto GM, with sudden change of expression). "Madeleine I know it's not very likely, but in case you would listen... Lov'u."

Trish Cameron, "Let's face it: if Kate were fat and spotty and aging, they wouldn't be selling all these papers."

GM, "Yes, yes, I know... Kate killed her in a frenzy, Madeleine was sedated by us, she fell down the stairs'in which case you would have thought they'd have found her body. I've heard all that! There have been a huge number of theories in the media. But what I want to know is'who told them all that?"

CM, "Missing Madeleine McCann: The Perfect PR Campaign."

KM, "I wish I could roll back time and go back to the day before Madeleine was abducted. I would slow down time. I would get a really good look around and have a really good think. And I'd think: Where are you? Who are you? Who is secretly watching my family? Because someone was watching my family very, very carefully. And taking notes."

GM "The scene was stark, on one bed the twins lay sleeping. In the next lay only the plush cat toy Madeleine was never without. That was when Kate came out screaming, "Madeleine has gone!'"

Philomena McCann, "Well, never in my life had I heard my wee brother so devastated. He was absolutely wailing on the phone. He was incomprehensible at times..."

Jon Corner, "So beautiful, astonishingly bright, and I'd have to say very charismatic. She [Madeleine] would shine out of a crowd, so'God forgive me'maybe that's part of the problem. That special quality. Some bastar*d picked up on that."

GM telephoning Sky News and saying, "We're going home on EasyJet, be on it!"

CM, "...it is true that we have requested a meeting with the prime minister to show him the strength of our case, to explain Kate and Gerry's innocence'and yet all we've been offered is a medium-level-consular meeting, which we rejected."

GM's blog, "We hope and pray that they will never have another birthday without Madeleine here."

CM, "They don't want to do anything about 'woe is us a year on'. That is what the tabloids would like but we are not following their agenda, we are following our own agenda."

KM, "Gerry...was a bit crumbly I think. I think he was alright he got up and said: "I'm gonna go now" and then he lost it. And I got a text from Trish and it said: 'Nearly choked on my full English because of that Tiny Tears husband of yours,' you know, (laugh) but yeah."

Susan Healy, "Well I have to say that I'm surprised that Kate and Gerry left their children at all and I've thought about it a lot because they're such caring parents and I think - why?"

KM, "It's not about us, you know, we were bobbing back and forwards several times and I wanted to see the kids so.. you know, it's not about us. You know, I think that the problem is it's a predator basically who's been watching us, which gives you the shivers anyway, and broken into the apartment and taken Madeleine out of her bed."

Susan Healy, "It would be lovely to be buried here," speaking of Knock Shrine, "some of my relatives are buried here."

GM, in a state of turmoil and fury, "We are being absolutely stitched up by the Portuguese police," he had told a friend after his wife Kate had earlier been named a suspect after hours of interrogation. "We are completely f*ucked, we should have seen this coming weeks ago and gone back to Britain."

KM, "...media interest will wane without any developments..."

GM, after the McCanns' trip to Washington, DC, "By the time we came home, Kate and I were so buoyed up that we felt as if we'd been injected with a shot of vitamins."

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum