The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why did MCCANN-supporter Sir Richard Branson meet REMAIN-supporter Theresa May last week to discuss his wish for a SECOND REFERENDUM on the E.U.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why did MCCANN-supporter Sir Richard Branson meet REMAIN-supporter Theresa May last week to discuss his wish for a SECOND REFERENDUM on the E.U.

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.07.16 23:28

Well, the question must be asked, in view of Richard Branson's powerful connections and influence, and his previous strongly-expressed support for the McCanns, to wit:

ANYTHING concerning Richard Branson is of interest to those of us who have been following the Madeleine McCann case for 9 years, for a number of reasons:
1. His very early support of the McCanns
2. His hosting of the marking of the 1,000th day after Madeleine's disappearance at his Rooftop Restaurant in Kensington (27 Jan 2010)
3. His links to Missing Persons organisations, with whom Kate McCann is also interested 
4. His links to high-flying people who have been involved in the Madeleine McCann case - most obviously people like the Blairs, Gordon Brown and David Cameron - and now Theresa May

================

From SKY NEWS (originally posted in the Politics Section by sallypelt)

Branson And May Meet As Tycoon Demands New Poll
The Tory leadership front runner met Sir Richard last week to discuss his fears for the UK's post-Brexit economy, Sky News learns.
21:39, UK, Tuesday 05 July 2016
Sir Richard has warned of long-term damage from Brexit
by Mark Kleinman, City Editor
The Virgin tycoon Sir Richard Branson has held secret talks with Theresa May in an effort to boost his plea for a second referendum on the UK's membership of the European Union (EU).
Sky News understands that Sir Richard and the Home Secretary, who is the front runner to succeed David Cameron as the Conservative Party leader and Prime Minister, met last week following his warning that Brexit would cause "long-term damage [to Britain's economy] that is on the verge of going beyond repair".
A source close to the Virgin founder said the meeting should not be interpreted as him offering support for Mrs May's leadership bid, although it was unclear whether he had also discussed his views on the referendum with any of the other four candidates for the Tory crown.
"There is no political endorsement and there was no ask of her beyond the need for politicians to show leadership," the source said.
"Richard simply explained why he felt there needed to be more details on what Brexit means and for the options to be debated in parliament."
Mrs May has publicly ruled out the prospect of a second referendum, saying: "Brexit means Brexit."
A source close to the Home Secretary said she had made that position clear during her meeting with Sir Richard.
The Virgin Group founder said last week that his company had cancelled a deal to acquire an unnamed UK-based company in the wake of the referendum result.
He also pointed to the slide in the share price of Virgin Money in the days following the Brexit vote.
In a blog-post published on 27 June, Sir Richard wrote: "The vast majority of MPs voted in by the electorate want the UK to stay part of Europe.
"In light of the misrepresentations of the Leave campaign, Parliament should reject the results of this non-binding referendum as Nicola Sturgeon has announced she will do in Scotland's Parliament.
"Before the UK government invokes Article 50 of the European Treaty and does irreversible damage to the United Kingdom, the people's elected representatives must decide whether the facts that have emerged really warrant abandoning the EU and whether a second referendum will be needed."
Sir Richard's talks with Mrs May come amid a flurry of talks between ministers and business leaders as the Government seeks to demonstrate that it is exerting a grip on the UK's post-referendum economy.
On Tuesday, the Chancellor George Osborne met the chairmen of the leading UK banks to inform them that the Treasury's Funding for Lending Scheme will be extended in order to stimulate continued lending activity.
Sky News understands that Sajid Javid, the Business Secretary, will meet executives from the financial services industry on Wednesday, as part of ongoing engagement with executives.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did MCCANN-supporter Sir Richard Branson meet REMAIN-supporter Theresa May last week to discuss his wish for a SECOND REFERENDUM on the E.U.

Post by Mirage on 05.07.16 23:39

First thing I thought, Tony. Connections, connections. Nothing happens by accident in politics. "I have a boon to ask of thee"!

I also think it's  bad political judgenent for her to be holding court with the likes of him. Then again, maybe she had little choice. 

The RB threat to have Theresa May on the front page of the Sun for a week was mighty strange. Why her?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did MCCANN-supporter Sir Richard Branson meet REMAIN-supporter Theresa May last week to discuss his wish for a SECOND REFERENDUM on the E.U.

Post by Verdi on 06.07.16 0:02

The prospect of the UK leaving the EU and regaining autonomy must send shivers down Branson's spine.  He capitalized on privatisation under the Thatcher regime and has since  relentlessly endeavoured to dominate UK trade and industry - by fair means or foul.  He doesn't appreciate nor accept competition.

He is a hypocrite who strongly advocates unrestricted employment opportunities within his vast wealthy empire but at the same time, rather than distribution of wealth, retains a private fortune that would knock the socks of probably the richest in the land.

Without the relationship he's built with politicians and the EU his stability is severly rocked.  He is not interested in the UK or it's people - he is only interested in himself.  Like so many wealthy personalities (for the want of a better word) he buys favours;  he invites the powerful to repose on his exclusive Caribbean island in exchange for self serving privileges.  I was going to say I look forward to the day someone wipes that nauseating grin off his face - looks like Ms May's already done it!

One day this man will be exposed for the fraud that his is - he's high on the list of pending!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 07.07.16 22:35

He wants another vote. He wants End of Life Contracts too. All part of the TTIP carve up no doubt.  Sounds as appealing as the Liverpool Pathway. NWO and population control come to mind.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.07.16 10:20

Before and if any deals are done with all the Remainers who were rolled out, the new PM and Ministers will need to remember that the voters IGNORED ALL OF THEM.  The same voters will be watching and waiting to cast their votes in a general election.   Pay attention all politicians.   The key board warriors will be more than willing to spread the message again.

Three cheers for tinternet.  yes

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 09.07.16 7:01

@Tony Bennett wrote:Snipped

In a blog-post published on 27 June, Sir Richard wrote: "The vast majority of MPs voted in by the electorate want the UK to stay part of Europe. 

My MP is a Remainer but the vote was around 60% to Leave.

In an adjacent constituency the vote was nearly 63% to Leave.

"In light of the misrepresentations of the Leave campaign, Parliament should reject the results of this non-binding referendum ...

I think corruption starts when people with money override the wishes of the people.

If the Government can't carry out the wishes of the people then the whole System needs changing.

whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.07.16 11:45

Mirror : Richard Branson reveals cost of Brexit as Virgin Group cancels deal worth 3,000 jobs

10:38, 28 Jun 2016 Updated 12:30, 28 Jun 2016 By Ann Gripper

The billionaire businessman warned Britain is heading towards "disaster" and blasted the Leave campaign's "inaccurate" messaging as he called for a referendum re-run.

Sir Richard Branson revealed the growing cost of Brexit this morning, as he admitted Virgin Group had cancelled a deal worth 3,000 jobs.

The billionaire businessman said the company had made the decision to pull the plug on "a very big deal" because of the the uncertainty created by last week's vote to quit the EU.

Since then, the company may have lost up to a third of its value, according to founder Sir Richard.

The billionaire businessman warned the country is heading towards "disaster" and called for there to be a second referendum because facts touted by Leave campaigners were "inaccurate".

Appearing on ITV's Good Morning Britain, he added: "The pound has collapsed to its lowest level in 30 years. This country is going to go into recession, two of the worst days ever. Banks being pounded means they are not going to lend money."

The British businessman said: "We're not any worse than anyone else but I suspect we've lost a third of our value, which is dreadful for people in the workplace."

He added: "We were about to do a very big deal and we cancelled that deal that would have involved 3,000 jobs and that's happening all over the country."

Sir Richard also called on the public to sign a petition demanding a second referendum , which has so far gained more than 3.5 million signatures.

He said: "When Brexiteers told the public that people were exaggerating that there would be a financial meltdown I think that its been proven that they were not exaggerating".

++++++++++++

NOTE: The stock market is UP post-Brexit.

Sadly sarcastic, Branson's Virgin Money Holdings is one of the losers:

The Virgin shares were down to 205 points immediately post-Brexit. Now they are slightly up again at 215 points

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 09.07.16 12:09

Another one representing self serving interest!

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 09.07.16 12:18

IMO   The deal mentioned may have been already decided to not take up.

I don't believe RB and think he is just thinking of his finances and NOT the people.

The winning Leavers don't want to have another another referendum only the money-grubbing Remain want that. I seriously doubt that the Electoral Commission rules permit a similar referendum to take place within a short time of the last one. One can't expect the losers to keep having a referendum till they win. Obviously, Branson doesn't believe in Democracy!

Business is looking up in my area. One has doubled it's staff and moved to a new premises. So just some more doom & gloom lies from Branson.

I'm for stopping the Gravy Train and stopping Branson buying up Hospitals and Railways at cheap prices.

whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 09.07.16 12:27

Don't worry, SIR Richard. You will be safe on your secluded Moskito Island, to frolic in your hedonism, far away from the "doom and gloom" of the UK. You take care of your business, Sir Richard, and us Brits will look on the bright side of life, as trade deals come rolling in from the Wider world.  spin

He thinks so much of the UK that..............anyway, read for yourselves:

On 13 October 2007, Branson's Virgin Group sought to add Northern Rock to its empire after submitting an offer that would result in Branson personally owning 30% of the company and changing the company's name from Northern Rock to Virgin Money.[37] The Daily Mail ran a campaign against his bid and Vince Cable, financial spokesperson for Liberal Democrats', suggested in the House of Commons that Branson's criminal conviction for tax evasion might be felt by some as a good enough reason not to trust him with public money

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Branson

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 09.07.16 13:05

@jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2457435/Sir-Richard-Branson-leaves-Britain-Necker-tax-haven-home.html

He DIDN'T 'leave' the 45% high earners tax 'rated' UK for 'zero rated tax haven' because he luvvvvs the UK! winkwink

Spot on!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 09.07.16 13:28

@pennylane wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2457435/Sir-Richard-Branson-leaves-Britain-Necker-tax-haven-home.html

He DIDN'T 'leave' the 45% high earners tax 'rated' UK for 'zero rated tax haven' because he luvvvvs the UK! winkwink

Spot on!
Yes spot on.  I didn't know he had a criminal conviction for tax evasion.  How is he allowed to meet up secretly with May I would like to know?   Secret meetings revealed by Sky.  I don't trust any of them.   

I would like him to expand further about these 3,000 jobs which have now gone.  Evidence  is always good imo.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 09.07.16 13:56

I was out and about recently and noticed a ruddy great trailer delivering merchandise - Virgin Holdings!  This prompted me to check virgin.com for information on their European industries..

https://www.virgin.com/company

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sir Richard Branson

Post by willowthewisp on 09.07.16 14:04

Richard Branson, just another person with a big Ego,held to account for the short comings on his "Space Travel"commitments and the untimely deaths of the pilots,Health and Safety decisions taken by his executive?
Yes it is true he has close associations to Rich Elite minded personalities from previous Conservative Government and Sir Richard will want to be involved(fingers in the pie) with any major Air travel decisions in and around London that will include his Brand name on travel arrangements? 
"Money,Money,Money,it's a Rich Mans World"!?
"Its All About the Money, Money"!?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum