The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by utahagen on 04.07.14 11:59

It seems that Gerry and Kate McCann's scheduled return to Portugal next week will occur just as the Met/PJ are wrapping up their interviews with possible burglars/abductors. Is it possible that the McCanns will (again) be named arguidos as soon as they arrive on Portuguese soil to resume the libel case? Could Amaral have been tipped off that it would be advantageous to have the McCanns here next week instead of last week? Could that be why he switched counsel, knowing it would delay the McCanns' return?

utahagen

Posts : 38
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by Guest on 04.07.14 12:02

@utahagen wrote:It seems that Gerry and Kate McCann's scheduled return to Portugal next week will occur just as the Met/PJ are wrapping up their interviews with possible burglars/abductors. Is it possible that the McCanns will (again) be named arguidos as soon as they arrive on Portuguese soil to resume the libel case? Could Amaral have been tipped off that it would be advantageous to have the McCanns here next week instead of last week? Could that be why he switched counsel, knowing it would delay the McCanns' return?

I've thought along that line myself, as have many others.

No doubt, the Mecs have too

If they do not show up on July 8th, we'll know the truth
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by Rasputin on 04.07.14 12:11

A finely set trap with a million quid sitting on the trip plate ...Dont forget THE toothbrush folks !

____________________
"I'm not buying it" Wendy Murphy
avatar
Rasputin

Posts : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pls remind me about "the toothbrush"

Post by utahagen on 04.07.14 12:21

Rasputin wrote, "A finely set trap with a million quid sitting on the trip plate ...Dont forget THE toothbrush folks !"

I apologize, but I have forgotten "the toothbrush". What about a toothbrush?

utahagen

Posts : 38
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by FrankS on 04.07.14 12:37

@utahagen wrote:
I apologize, but I have forgotten "the toothbrush". What about a toothbrush?
They only had the 1 for all 3 children to share in Portugal.

They were allegedly skint at the time.

FrankS

Posts : 97
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by Guest on 04.07.14 12:41

That may be a forum myth and I really hope that it is as the thought of shared toothbrushes is beyond gross.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 04.07.14 12:42

Although I'm in the 'not whitewash' camp at the moment, that is just too much for me to hope for at the moment :) I'll be blissfully happy if it does happen though!

But there is the postponement forced by Amaral to consider of course. Was he under instructions to delay the trial until after the events of this week? I thought that the sacking of his lawyer, and the comments he made to the press, were uncharacteristic of him. Both of these things completely surprised me.

If Amaral had sacked his lawyer to force a postponement, and then said nothing, would the McCanns be less likely to return? I think so. Amaral saying that the SY investigation is a farce surely gives the impression that the postponement had nothing to do with the SY investigation, increasing the chances that the McCanns would return. Could that have been the reason for his uncharacteristic outburst, and a postponement which seemed to serve no purpose except to annoy?

Why didn't Amaral continue to wait until the end of the trial before he spoke to the press?

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

on the same page

Post by utahagen on 04.07.14 12:58

We're on the same page, whatliesbehindthesofa. Amaral's recent interview (in which he claims the investigation is a whitewash) either could lull the McCanns into a sense of security, enabling them to return to Portugal next week, or neutralize the option of their lawyer's claiming that the McCanns are being played with and will not return to Portugal just be named arguidos, which of course McCann supporters would say would be "ludicrous". As it stands, the McCanns have to roll the dice and return to Portugal or announce some contrived reason (e.g., illness) that they are unable to return, or announce they believe they're being lured back to Portugal just to be named arguidos and that they, therefore, won't go. This third option will make them look guilty AND paranoid, as their arch nemesis has said publicly that he doesn't think the Met is even looking at the McCanns.

utahagen

Posts : 38
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by Okeydokey on 04.07.14 13:15

@utahagen wrote:It seems that Gerry and Kate McCann's scheduled return to Portugal next week will occur just as the Met/PJ are wrapping up their interviews with possible burglars/abductors. Is it possible that the McCanns will (again) be named arguidos as soon as they arrive on Portuguese soil to resume the libel case? Could Amaral have been tipped off that it would be advantageous to have the McCanns here next week instead of last week? Could that be why he switched counsel, knowing it would delay the McCanns' return?

Sadly, no.

Okeydokey

Posts : 938
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by Cristobell on 04.07.14 13:25

The McCanns are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.  It is in their interests to be named Arguidos before being questioned, but the world knowing about it destroys their claims of innocence and not being persons of interest.

Incidentally, do they have to be in Portugal to be named Arguidos? Does anyone know anything about European Arrest Warrants?  It may not make a difference to the McCanns status and being in the UK does not necessarily make them 'safe' as they are as subject to arrest (or stages thereof) wherever they are in Europe.  As I say, I know very little about EAWs, but my ears pricked up after watching Questiontime last night.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by FrankS on 04.07.14 13:27

@Cristobell wrote:The McCanns are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.  It is in their interests to be named Arguidos before being questioned, but the world knowing about it destroys their claims of innocence and not being persons of interest.

Incidentally, do they have to be in Portugal to be named Arguidos? Does anyone know anything about European Arrest Warrants?  It may not make a difference to the McCanns status and being in the UK does not necessarily make them 'safe' as they are as subject to arrest (or stages thereof) wherever they are in Europe.  As I say, I know very little about EAWs, but my ears pricked up after watching Questiontime last night.
What was on Questiontime last night Cristobell?

FrankS

Posts : 97
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by Cristobell on 04.07.14 13:39

@FrankS wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:The McCanns are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.  It is in their interests to be named Arguidos before being questioned, but the world knowing about it destroys their claims of innocence and not being persons of interest.

Incidentally, do they have to be in Portugal to be named Arguidos? Does anyone know anything about European Arrest Warrants?  It may not make a difference to the McCanns status and being in the UK does not necessarily make them 'safe' as they are as subject to arrest (or stages thereof) wherever they are in Europe.  As I say, I know very little about EAWs, but my ears pricked up after watching Questiontime last night.
What was on Questiontime last night Cristobell?
There was no mention of McCanns, but the subject of EAWs came up, I should have paid more attention as Alan Johnson was on the panel, sorry.  It is on catch up now.  smilie

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by ultimaThule on 04.07.14 13:45

If the Portuguese judicial authorities wish to question individuals who are living elsewhere in Europe, they have the option to name them as suspects (arguidos) and issue EAWs.  

In the specific case of the McCanns and the disappearance of their eldest daughter, whIle resident in the UK they can be summarily arrested and questioned by UK police and, providing they have been declared arguidos, the same holds true if they are in Portugal. NB: any such declaration does not have to be made public before arrest.

However, unless EAWs have been served on the host country,  contrary to what Cristobell has said, they are not subject to arrest in other European countries unless they are suspected of having committed an offence, or offences, in whatever other country they are visiting or living in.
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by kimHager on 04.07.14 16:33

Also GA looked very happy indeed so...I would think TM are sweating bullets unless they are sharing deodarant too

____________________
Kim
avatar
kimHager

Posts : 465
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns walking into a trap next week?

Post by Cristobell on 04.07.14 16:49

@ultimaThule wrote:If the Portuguese judicial authorities wish to question individuals who are living elsewhere in Europe, they have the option to name them as suspects (arguidos) and issue EAWs.  

In the specific case of the McCanns and the disappearance of their eldest daughter, whIle resident in the UK they can be summarily arrested and questioned by UK police and, providing they have been declared arguidos, the same holds true if they are in Portugal. NB: any such declaration does not have to be made public before arrest.

However, unless EAWs have been served on the host country,  contrary to what Cristobell has said, they are not subject to arrest in other European countries unless they are suspected of having committed an offence, or offences, in whatever other country they are visiting or living in.
I said nothing of the sort!  I clearly asked if anyone knew anything about EAWs. 

And btw, I can't make head nor tail of that last paragraph and have given up trying!

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum