The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Scotland Yard and Alleged Police Corruption

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard and Alleged Police Corruption

Post by sallypelt on 20.06.14 23:29

The Independent claims Scotland Yard is facing questions after a murder trial collapsed following an investigation into alleged police corruption.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard and Alleged Police Corruption

Post by sallypelt on 21.06.14 8:28

@sallypelt wrote:The Independent claims Scotland Yard is facing questions after a murder trial collapsed following an investigation into alleged police corruption.

Scotland Yard is facing serious questions after the prosecution of a man charged with murder quietly collapsed following an investigation into alleged police corruption.
In a devastating new blow to the Metropolitan Police, it can be revealed that one of the reasons the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) offered no evidence against Ali Tasci, charged with stabbing a man to death, was because prosecutors had belatedly discovered the case may have been tainted.
The initial investigation into the murder was led by an officer who rose to a senior rank in the Met – and who was later identified as corrupt in a secret police report. It is also understood that another corrupt officer not involved in the original investigation was present at the crime scene before anyone had called 999.
The family of the victim, Selhouk Behdjet, had no idea that an inquiry into suspected corruption had any influence on the decision to drop the prosecution at the Old Bailey earlier this year until they were contacted by The Independent. Mr Tasci has always denied the charges. News that a murder inquiry may have been compromised and a prosecution was later dropped poses disturbing questions over the extent of wrongdoing inside the Met, and raises fresh concerns over whether Scotland Yard under its current Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe is willing to confront corruption in its ranks.
The Behdjet case has echoes of the recent scandals surrounding two other high-profile murder cases, those of Stephen Lawrence and Daniel Morgan, where police corruption was said to have tainted the inquiries. The Morgan case remains unsolved.
Mr Tasci was charged with the murder of Mr Behdjet, a drug trafficker who was killed in his flat in north London in 1994.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/exclusive-major-murder-case-collapses-in-new-police-corruption-scandal-9553023.html

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.06.14 8:49

See also this thread on Operation Tiberius, which discovered extensive corruption in the Met Police involving senior officers:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8917-scotland-yards-rotten-core-police-failed-to-address-met-s-endemic-corruption-independent-10-1-14

AND anyone seriously interested in the extent of police corruption in the Met ought to follow what has happened in the case of David Hunt, allegedly Britain's top crime boss.

In short, in 2010 to Sunday Times ran an article saying his was 'untouchable' beciuase the Met had 'given up' on trying to prosecute him for an alleged series of murders, major crimes and vicious attacks. The article hinted at Hunt having links with some of the Met's most senior officers.

Hunt was mad and sued Times newspapers for libel.

This was the end result, last year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2356718/David-Hunt-Britains-newest-underworld-king-revealed-loses-libel-claim-Sunday-newspaper.html

There were many disturbing events during the libel trial. Two sets of security firms, assigned to protect the witnesses giving evidence against Hunt, both resigned when their staff and families were threatened with extreme violence.

Michael Gillard, the Sunday Times journalist who did most to uncover David Hunt's crimes and, more importantly, did so on the basis of detailed statements from three honest and brave retired Met officers who gave specific information about four senior Met officers who had close links with Hunt and were protecting him, is rumoured to have fled the U.K. for his life and is now living underground in France.

When some members here sincerely believe that Operation Grange is nothing other than an honest, no-holds-barred search for the truth about what really happened to Madeleine McCann, I bring to mind the above examples of police corruption in the Met, and many other other examples of corruption in the Met reported in recent years.

And then I realise that the sheer scale of Met Police corruption could very easily embrace a cover-up of the circumstances of Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Especially when I think back to Jill Dando's killing by a professional hit-man, and the wasted efforts of Det Chief Supt Hamish Campbell to pin this on loner Barry Bulsara/George, based on nothing more than a speck of firearms residue quite possibly planted in a coat pocket of his.

And when I recall that this same Hamish Campbell was appointed in May 2011 as the person to whom DCI Redwood had to report...

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 21.06.14 8:56

Then take a look at Ali Dizaei (the teflon commander).

A 50-strong team in an operation costing in excess of £7 million pounds to convict one of their own whose appointment was highly questionable.

Operation Helios.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dizaei
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 21.06.14 9:03

This quote from an unnamed police source stuck out for me
The Met claims other damaging cases like the murders of Stephen Lawrence and Daniel Morgan were all such a long time ago. Well, this prosecution collapsed in 2014 and the full reasons were suppressed.

I am afraid there is a cancer at the heart of Scotland Yard that has never, ever been dealt with.
How can people have confidence that the Met's involvement in the McCann case is for the highest motives and is being conducted honestly?

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 21.06.14 9:06

@AndyB wrote:This quote from an unnamed police source stuck out for me
The Met claims other damaging cases like the murders of Stephen Lawrence and Daniel Morgan were all such a long time ago. Well, this prosecution collapsed in 2014 and the full reasons were suppressed.

I am afraid there is a cancer at the heart of Scotland Yard that has never, ever been dealt with.
How can people have confidence that the Met's involvement in the McCann case is for the highest motives and is being conducted honestly?
The answer to that is simply AndyB, we can't.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 21.06.14 9:15

@aquila wrote:

The answer to that is simply AndyB, we can't.
Well I certainly don't but there are those on here who do. I wish I could understand their reasoning

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 21.06.14 9:34

Simple answer on this showing: they cannot have that confidence. It is impossible.

On the subject of MET corruption in general:

I do not have a good feeling about Theresa May vis-à-vis a real commitment to cleaning up the corruption she was banging on about at the Police Federation. I get the impression she's good at talking tough and narrowing the eyes a good bit, but what actually comes of it?

BHH still being in post after Plebgate is hardly a ringing endorsement of her tough stance on cleaning up the police. Did she ask for his resignation? If so, did he refuse to go?

What I find deeply worrying is the insouciance with which the MET behave in the face of blatant corruption. They have, at the same time, shown themselves to be a politicised force. And that is a very slippery slope indeed.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum