The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 2 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 2 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 2 Regist10

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 2 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by stargazer59 17.06.14 11:22

Gillyspot wrote:
stargazer59 wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:A friend of mine on reading the mirror " cremated the body " that's why the police did not find her ."
Job done. On reflection It was a masterstroke. but when and only when he wins and has his assets returned should he play his ace .
He clearly does not trust SY and the PA hence his going it alone so to speak .
what we also learned yesterday is she is quite mad he a cold control freak.
Their masks certainly dropped without Mitchell to guide them! Wink
Agreed and also without Duarte there to calm them. Where was she? Still inside the courthouse?
I was surprised she was not with them! Probably tried to stop them speaking  and they ignored her !
stargazer59

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 2 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Mirage 17.06.14 11:28

THE BIG GIVEAWAY - not using the assembled cameras of the world to send a direct message to Madeleine. Most will be left askance at that lost opportunity. Particularly from a couple so versed in good marketing ploys.

And what did we hear instead?  Whine, whine, whine, - a tick list of inconvenient domestic arrangements. Is this what they meant by Goncalo trying to wear them down?  Booking flights, 5* hotels and arranging child care. Should prove a doddle for GA if that's what gets them going.

Weren't there veritable flocks of helpers in 2007 - so many they had to be organised on a rota system. Surely they haven't made themselves scarce when they are so urgently needed.

What a debacle! They really showed themselves in their true light. And so soon after the Algarve was being dug up for their daughter's body. A time when they SHOULD have been arranging flights and hotels to be right there on Portuguese soil. But they chose to stay at home. Speaks volumes doesn't it?  Poor Madeleine.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 17.06.14 11:33

stargazer59 wrote:
Gillyspot wrote:
stargazer59 wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:A friend of mine on reading the mirror " cremated the body " that's why the police did not find her ."
Job done. On reflection It was a masterstroke. but when and only when he wins and has his assets returned should he play his ace .
Agreed and also without Duarte there to calm them. Where was she? Still inside the courthouse?
I was surprised she was not with them! Probably tried to stop them speaking  and they ignored her !

On the Mirror page there is a slightly different video. You see Izzy-Whizzy-Not-So-Busy beetling out a tad before them and heading off in the opposite direction. Looked a bit sheepish to my eye.

I think she increasingly has the look of someone with a heavy albatross round the neck.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/gerry-kate-mccann-furious-claims-3707478

Eta. The photo below the video shows her in background shot. She seems to have press around her.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad 17.06.14 11:44

They've got a cheek! Moaning about Amaral inconveniencing them. I expect it's been pretty inconvenient for him the past few years, what with having his assets frozen and being dumped from his job. All because of this pair of....(insert rude word here)

Activity : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 17.06.14 11:44

The McCann's next move will be through the courts " rights to a family life ". claim all the negative coverage is denying them this basic human right .
It will also serve to have G'A's book prevented from being serialised by a tabloid .
Still the message is getting out there , and having no body is against them.
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 17.06.14 11:45

Mirage wrote:THE BIG GIVEAWAY - not using the assembled cameras of the world to send a direct message to Madeleine. Most will be left askance at that lost opportunity. Particularly from a couple so versed in good marketing ploys.

And what did we hear instead?  Whine, whine, whine, - a tick list of inconvenient domestic arrangements. Is this what they meant by Goncalo trying to wear them down?  Booking flights, 5* hotels and arranging child care. Should prove a doddle for GA if that's what gets them going.

Weren't there veritable flocks of helpers in 2007 - so many they had to be organised on a rota system. Surely they haven't made themselves scarce when they are so urgently needed.

What a debacle! They really showed themselves in their true light. And so soon after the Algarve was being dug up for their daughter's body. A time when they SHOULD have been arranging flights and hotels to be right there on Portuguese soil. But they chose to stay at home. Speaks volumes doesn't it?  Poor Madeleine.

Thank you. Thank you for making this very important point which I intended to make yesterday. It is quite telling that they failed to use the opportunity to ask for Maddie to be returned even when prompted by journalists asking if the couple still believed Maddie was alive.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 17.06.14 11:49

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Clay: it does rather sound as if she wasn't dead at the time - now that's a horrible thought!
It could have been a lady in the final stages of a terminal illness who had chosen her mode of disposal and maybe even the music she wanted and where here ashes were to be sprinkled or interred. So it could be said she was facing her cremation as she was facing death'
Many people make these plans, all my family know my wishes, as I know theirs.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 17.06.14 11:56

stargazer59 wrote:

I am quite disgusted at the way the UK press still "fawn" over the Mccann's - and yes, it could be the press are just playing a waiting game and staying on the "side" of the Mccann's. 
 Whilst still being disgusted at the way it has portrayed Mr Amaral,  I can see it is still managing to get  the information out to the public at the same time as looking very supportive to the poor parents plight.   

This case has really opened my eyes over the last 7 years as to how low the UK press will sink to get a story on its front pages just make money by selling nonsense and untrue stories to the majority of the unsuspecting and trusting public ( people who think the papers must be right simply because it has printed a story )  and when the tide turns ?   The very same papers report the stories and make even more money !  

The Mccann's CHOSE to tell the world they left their kids alone ( whether they actually did is another matter )  and, for that disgraceful behaviour ? They have since been fawned over and treated like celebrities in the UK for the last 7 years,  and why ?  Because due to good PR, onesided press reports, and interviews, the public have  been conditioned to believe it is only the nasty, evil and unkind people who question the Mccann's totally unsupported claims of abduction.

I do so hope Mr Amaral wins this trial and maybe, just maybe, the tide will turn and the whole truth of what happened to the Mccann's little girl will eventually be solved.   All my opinion only.
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.06.14 12:00

fossey wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I am trying to remember instances to make up the alleged total of four delays caused by Dr Amaral personally. Can anyone assist with this?
Libel Trial.

9th Feb 2012. Postponed. (not sure what the reason was?)

13th + 14th Sept 2012. Postponed - GA's lawyer unwell.

18th Jan 2013. Postponed - Tried to reach out of court settlement. 

Yesterday.

Also the Ward of Court issue.

So that is 5 times is it not?
Wasn't there a postponement because GA's son was ill in hospital
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.06.14 12:07

He doesn't have a son. It was the son of his lawyer I think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 17.06.14 12:09

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:He doesn't have a son. It was the son of his lawyer I think.

Yes, it was.  The lawyer was called out of the Court room in the middle of the session as he had to rush to the hospital to be with him.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.06.14 12:13

Newintown wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:He doesn't have a son. It was the son of his lawyer I think.

Yes, it was.  The lawyer was called out of the Court room in the middle of the session as he had to rush to the hospital to be with him.
Yes, you are right, that was the reason.  My mistake.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 17.06.14 12:17

Newintown wrote:

Newintown, for anyone wanting the lowdown, you gave a great answer on page 8 of the British police hide evidence thread in response to my same question as NFWTD (re GA's supposed 4 postponements). Thanks again.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 17.06.14 12:25

ChippyM wrote:
View-from-Ireland wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
View-from-Ireland wrote:I am not sure I like the way this is developing.

Why would he entertain the notion of settling out of court or have I missed something?

Where does it say that he is entertaining that notion View-from-Ireland?  Thanks.

I was responding to HelenMeg's post on that page. Maybe I misread the last paragraph, hope I did. 

I too would happily donate, GA has been treated appallingly. His crime? Doing his job properly.

Oh Ok thanks. I will be donating too!

For anyone who does wish to donate to GA's fighting fund, this seems to be the official website here:

http://pjga.blogspot.com/

Instructions about how to donate are on the right hand side of the home page.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 17.06.14 12:34

There has been pages and pages devoted to how the Mccann's portrayed themselves on the court steps yesterday ...so just to add to what has been said by some of the other posters....... They had the world stage so had the best chance to get a loving and caring message out to their daughter -  but didn't  so WHY ?    Probably didn't occur to them  !    

Bet they both kicking themselves or eachother today for the "rash" remarks they both came out with because they were unable to contain their anger - at least we got to see what happens when they dont get chance to rehearse the answers to  pre-scripted questions I suppose !     all my opinion only.
missmar1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 17.06.14 12:46

Newintown wrote:

And all the 'pros' started screaming immediately that 'Amaral's bottled it' 'He's running away because he's scared' 'Gutless spineless Amaral can't face innocent McCanns' etc.,

Of course, when it transpired that that 'postponement' had nothing to do with GA, but it was because his lawyers son was ill, did we hear 'apologies' from the sychos?

er, NO!

(and BTW the McCanns own lawyer AGREED, on that occaision, that the session SHOULD be postponed!)

Let's hope that the McCanns, or either of their children, are not ill, and the case postponed because of that.

Would THAT be reported/broadcast in the UK Madia?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Issy 17.06.14 13:08

Going by the vast majority of comments in the Daily Mail yesterday, most of the public have now figured out that the McCanns' 'search' is for money, that they'll leave 'no stone unturned' in their pursuit of it. There were even calls for them to give any money they might eventually win to Scotland Yard as they're now searching for Madeleine, and isn't that what the McCanns say they want the money for? The tide is turning among the public, IMO; naked greed is a very ugly thing indeed.

As for their performance yesterday - most enlightening! Gerry's looks of exasperation as Kate kept on ranting were hilarious, especially as she committed her massive faux pas about the children needing to be looked after. It's quite strange to watch someone show such uncontrolled bitterness and fury in an interview, especially as this was the woman who said she could forgive her daughter's abductor. She could forgive the abductor, even while she wrote in her book about what he might have done to her daughter, yet she shows endless hatred towards the policeman who searched for that daughter, but who ultimately came to believe there was no abduction - what is wrong with this woman? Does she really care more for her own reputation (in tatters now, I'd say) than she does for her own children?

I know one thing - I'd love to have been a fly inside that car they got into after the interview yesterday, I think Gerry would've been worth listening to!
Issy

Activity : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Deacon 17.06.14 13:22

Issy wrote: what is wrong with this woman? Does she really care more for her own reputation (in tatters now, I'd say) than she does for her own children?

Yes, I think that's exactly right.

And money. She loves a bit of that.
Joey Deacon
Joey Deacon

Activity : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 17.06.14 13:22

I am sure that there is someone on this forum with up-to-date legal knowledge.

It strikes me that, assuming that the McCanns did not gain the required permission from the High Court to represent Maddie in their legal action against Amaral, shouldn't the High Court take action against the McCanns for breaching the terms of the WOC status?

The High Court should be taking action against the McCanns in order to protect Maddie's interests, since her interests are vested with the High Court.

Anyone know?
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.06.14 13:33

Issy wrote:Going by the vast majority of comments in the Daily Mail yesterday, most of the public have now figured out that the McCanns' 'search' is for money, that they'll leave 'no stone unturned' in their pursuit of it. There were even calls for them to give any money they might eventually win to Scotland Yard as they're now searching for Madeleine, and isn't that what the McCanns say they want the money for? The tide is turning among the public, IMO; naked greed is a very ugly thing indeed.

As for their performance yesterday - most enlightening! Gerry's looks of exasperation as Kate kept on ranting were hilarious,  especially as she committed her massive faux pas about the children needing to be looked after. It's quite strange to watch someone show such uncontrolled bitterness and fury in an interview, especially as  this was the woman who said she could forgive her daughter's abductor. She could forgive the abductor, even while she wrote in her book about what he might have done to her daughter, yet she shows endless hatred towards the policeman who searched for that daughter, but who ultimately came to believe there was no abduction - what is wrong with this woman? Does she really care more for her own reputation (in tatters now, I'd say) than she does for her own children?

I know one thing - I'd love to have been a fly inside that car they got into after the interview yesterday, I think Gerry would've been worth listening to!
I doubt they could say anything in the car in case the driver would run to the media with it.  It must be a terrible way to live not being able to talk when you want to, watching every word you say or don't say, watching every gesture you make or don't make, never knowing who to trust........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 17.06.14 13:52

melisande wrote:
Issy wrote:Going by the vast majority of comments in the Daily Mail yesterday, most of the public have now figured out that the McCanns' 'search' is for money, that they'll leave 'no stone unturned' in their pursuit of it. There were even calls for them to give any money they might eventually win to Scotland Yard as they're now searching for Madeleine, and isn't that what the McCanns say they want the money for? The tide is turning among the public, IMO; naked greed is a very ugly thing indeed.

As for their performance yesterday - most enlightening! Gerry's looks of exasperation as Kate kept on ranting were hilarious,  especially as she committed her massive faux pas about the children needing to be looked after. It's quite strange to watch someone show such uncontrolled bitterness and fury in an interview, especially as  this was the woman who said she could forgive her daughter's abductor. She could forgive the abductor, even while she wrote in her book about what he might have done to her daughter, yet she shows endless hatred towards the policeman who searched for that daughter, but who ultimately came to believe there was no abduction - what is wrong with this woman? Does she really care more for her own reputation (in tatters now, I'd say) than she does for her own children?

I doubt they could say anything in the car in case the driver would run to the media with it.  It must be a terrible way to live not being able to talk when you want to, watching every word you say or don't say, watching every gesture you make or don't make, never knowing who to trust........

Added to that...every time they go out they must always be wondering what people really think of them,  ( image seems to be important to them ) right down to the ones who "show" their support  - not knowing whether even those people are talking about them behind their backs.
missmar1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 17.06.14 13:53

Bishop Brennan wrote:
For anyone who does wish to donate to GA's fighting fund, this seems to be the official website here:

http://pjga.blogspot.com/

Instructions about how to donate are on the right hand side of the home page.

Thanks BishopB.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 17.06.14 14:25

I would like to reassure Mr and Mrs McCann that even though I have read the theories in the police files and Amaral's book (and suspect that Mr Amaral has arrived at the correct conclusion) that it would not stop me in any way searching for Madeleine or passing on any relevant details that I became aware of to the police. 

Madeleine has received so much publicity over the years (not least from Amaral) that I assume that many others would still report anything suspicious that they noticed as well. I don't think they need to be too concerned that Amaral has impeded the search for their daughter.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Themis 17.06.14 14:31

Joey Deacon wrote:
Issy wrote: what is wrong with this woman? Does she really care more for her own reputation (in tatters now, I'd say) than she does for her own children?

Yes, I think that's exactly right.

And money. She loves a bit of that.
Just had a really odd thought on the whole thing from day one;
Munchausen by proxy syndrome, a mental illness where the parent causes or fabricates symptoms in a child. The adult, in most cases it is the mother, is seeking attention and sympathy. Some experts also believe that it isn't just the attention that's gained but also the satisfaction in deceiving individuals who they consider to be more important and powerful than themselves. Popes and PMs are all pretty important and powerful!
Themis

Activity : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 17.06.14 14:33

stargazer59 wrote:
SchrodingersBody wrote:
fossey wrote:
SixMillionQuid wrote:
Lance De Boils wrote:Just wondering aloud: Did Amaral sack his lawyers BECAUSE of the newspaper crematorium story?
A leak?
This is what I suspect as the lawyer was already court. Maybe Amaral heard that info for the court was being leaked and decided he had to put a stop to it.
Personally, I don't think so.

GA and his lawyer have been through a lot together and should imagine are very close friends now too.

It was a plan. A tactic. Agreed by both GA and his lawyer. 

They both know exactly what they are doing and what the game plan is.

I'm sure we will all find out very soon as well.
I reckon I know exactly wht the next move is... what would annoy you most if you were a McCann ??? ...that tells you the answer.
"Rehiring" his lawyer Wink ?
That would be a classic!
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top