The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns, PACT, Jim Gamble, Kevin Halligen, Adrian Oldfield and DCI Redwood’s 2 efits: Are all these just coincidences? - Page 3 Mm11

McCanns, PACT, Jim Gamble, Kevin Halligen, Adrian Oldfield and DCI Redwood’s 2 efits: Are all these just coincidences? - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns, PACT, Jim Gamble, Kevin Halligen, Adrian Oldfield and DCI Redwood’s 2 efits: Are all these just coincidences? - Page 3 Mm11

McCanns, PACT, Jim Gamble, Kevin Halligen, Adrian Oldfield and DCI Redwood’s 2 efits: Are all these just coincidences? - Page 3 Regist10

McCanns, PACT, Jim Gamble, Kevin Halligen, Adrian Oldfield and DCI Redwood’s 2 efits: Are all these just coincidences?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns, PACT, Jim Gamble, Kevin Halligen, Adrian Oldfield and DCI Redwood’s 2 efits: Are all these just coincidences? - Page 3 Empty Re: McCanns, PACT, Jim Gamble, Kevin Halligen, Adrian Oldfield and DCI Redwood’s 2 efits: Are all these just coincidences?

Post by Jill Havern 15.02.16 9:25

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Alerte%20enl%C3%A8vement

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41061

Back to top Go down

McCanns, PACT, Jim Gamble, Kevin Halligen, Adrian Oldfield and DCI Redwood’s 2 efits: Are all these just coincidences? - Page 3 Empty Re: McCanns, PACT, Jim Gamble, Kevin Halligen, Adrian Oldfield and DCI Redwood’s 2 efits: Are all these just coincidences?

Post by Liz Eagles 15.02.16 9:43

Here is another little nugget from Missing People who not so long ago took a team to Mid Wales to open an initiative.

Child Rescue Alert to be promoted at Wales Event
on Tuesday, 09 February 2016.
McCanns, PACT, Jim Gamble, Kevin Halligen, Adrian Oldfield and DCI Redwood’s 2 efits: Are all these just coincidences? - Page 3 Cralogo
At an event hosted by Dr Kay Swinburne MEP and Missing People, Assembly Members and other representatives will meet this evening in Cardiff to promote Child Rescue Alert.

Child Rescue Alert is a national system to spread details of missing children thought to be in immediate danger as quickly as possible via phones, apps, social media and business networks. One of the first times it was used was in the tragic case of Welsh schoolgirl April Jones. Since then the system has been enhanced and over 315 000 members of the public, including over 5000 in Wales have signed up to receive alerts. 

Coral Jones, April’s mother, spoked ahead of this evening’s event.
Today, we’re asking everyone to sign up to Child Rescue Alerts to help ensure no other parents experience the pain we feel as a result of the tragic ending to the search for our daughter April. With your help we can make sure the next time a child is taken or in danger we can bring them home safely.

Susannah Drury, Director of Policy, Research and Development said
We’re delighted to be able to jointly host this event with Dr Kay Swinburne MEP and look forward to working together with Welsh Assembly Members, local businesses and others to promote Child Rescue Alert to people across Wales.

You can sign up to receive Child Rescue Alert sms and emails from the website: childrescuealert.org.uk.

Child Rescue Alert is the life-saving system that alerts people to high risk child disappearances, managed by the charity Missing People, the National Crime Agency and technology company Groupcall. It was launched in 2014 thanks to funding from players of People’s Postcode Lottery and is being funded in 2016 by Royal Mail, which has registered all of their postal workers’ PDAs to receive the alerts.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 15.02.16 11:40

I'm adding to my previous post regarding Missing People's latest announcement.

Snipped

Child Rescue Alert is a national system to spread details of missing children thought to be in immediate danger as quickly as possible via phones, apps, social media and business networks. One of the first times it was used was in the tragic case of Welsh schoolgirl April Jones. Since then the system has been enhanced and over 315 000 members of the public, including over 5000 in Wales have signed up to receive alerts.

I don't recall Child Rescue Alert apps being used in the case of April Jones. I really don't. What I remember is the media, the public, the church, the community and people from all over the country (thanks to the media) looking for April. I don't ever recall a CRA system being used. I really don't. Even the media behaved in a responsible manner.

I hope someone takes a screenshot of this latest claim by Missing People before it's found to be full of holes and is whooshed. I also sincerely hope that April Jones' mum Coral takes issue with this statement on the Missing People website because it's simply not true and wouldn't have helped her daughter April.

Missing People seem to have forgotten their launch of the CRA, where it was the first time this app was used. Perhaps Jo Youles could give a comment.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 15.02.16 13:14

There are reports that the system was used for April Jones.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/oct/02/april-jones-child-rescue-alert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25781623
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 476

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 15.02.16 13:27

Amy Dean wrote:There are reports that the system was used for April Jones.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/oct/02/april-jones-child-rescue-alert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25781623
Thank you for that Amy, I stand corrected.

What actually worked for April Jones and Mikaeel Kular was the police, the MSM, rescue teams, the local/nationwide community and rescue teams.

I have followed Missing People charity for a long time. I've read their entire website.

The police say there is only likely to be about 4 - 6 CRA's per year. So far, since the big launch there has only been one and that was resolved by local police.

ETA: The Guardian article you quoted Amy is very interesting.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top