The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Proposed law on Emotional Abuse of Children

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Proposed law on Emotional Abuse of Children

Post by PeterMac on 30.05.14 8:02

There is a proposal to legislate against Emotional Abuse of children.
One assumes this might include leaving children in an unlocked apartment to scream for hours, and then leaving them again even after they have specifically complained. . . ?

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Proposed law on Emotional Abuse of Children

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.05.14 8:34

@PeterMac wrote:There is a proposal to legislate against Emotional Abuse of children.
One assumes this might include leaving children in an unlocked apartment to scream for hours, and then leaving them again even after they have specifically complained. . . ?

It's already in the law (see below).

Although I think they are considering making the law more specific on 'emotional harm/abuse':

The Children Act 1989 introduced the concept of significant harm as the threshold which justifies compulsory intervention in family life in the best interests of children.

Section 47 of the Act places a duty on local authorities to make enquiries, or cause enquiries to be made, where it has reasonable cause to suspect that a child is suffering, or is likely to suffer significant harm. A court may only make a Care Order or Supervision Order in respect of a child if it is satisfied that:

The child is suffering, or is likely to suffer significant harm; and

That the harm or likelihood of harm is attributable to a lack of adequate parental care or control (section 31).

Under Section 31(9) of the Children Act 1989, as amended by the Adoption and Children Act 2002:

‘Harm’ means ill-treatment or the impairment of health or development, including for example impairment suffered from seeing or hearing the ill-treatment of another;

‘Development’ means physical, intellectual, emotional, social or behavioural development;

‘Health’ means physical or mental health; and

‘Ill-treatment’ includes sexual abuse and forms of ill-treatment that are not physical.

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 30.05.14 10:29

I wonder if it includes subjecting ones children to seeing one for ever on the television screens and front page chip wrappers. Oh they don't use newspaper do they now, well cat litter tray liners then?
Seriously I have had concerns for Madeleine McCann but have far greater concern for the welfare of the twins, as they have had this exposure now for 7 years.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 31.05.14 21:09

This proposed legislation is long overdue as the effect of emotional neglect and abuse can have a profound impact on a child's sense of self-esteem and self-worth which can impair their relationships with others, both in childhood and adulthood.

The McCanns have done much to bring the spectre of the bogeyman to life for many unrelated children who became fearful of going to sleep in the safety of their own beds for fear that they would be 'taken' while they slept and I have often given thought to what fears the twins may have had, and may still hold, which were occasioned by the unheralded absence of their older sibling from their lives, Nina, particularly as, based on testimony given at the libel trial, they have not received any therapeutic pyschological input to help them processs the event..

While Kate McCann has gone to some lengths to assure the public that the twins are happy and healthy, it may well be that any trauma they sustained at a young age will manifest later in their lives with consequences which would have been avoidable had they received received professional help at the optimum time.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 31.05.14 21:31

@Nina wrote:I wonder if it includes subjecting ones children to seeing one for ever on the television screens and front page chip wrappers. Oh they don't use newspaper do they now, well cat litter tray liners then?
Seriously I have had concerns for Madeleine McCann but have far greater concern for the welfare of the twins, as they have had this exposure now for 7 years.

Hi Niña - It's my belief that the twins have been "mechanised".  They will have been indoctrinated into the same mind set as their parents.  I've often felt sorry for little ones with ghastly parents but shouldn't have concerned myself because they eventually turn out to be just as ghastly.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 01.06.14 4:10

As the Jesuit maxim has it  "give me the child until he is 7 and I'll show you the man', Woofer,, it's probable that the apples won't  have fallen far from the tree and, as adults, the twins are unlikely to be dissimilar to their parents.

Timely intervention is the only way to prevent child abuse being handed down through generations, but whether the proposed additional legislation will make any material difference to the the current statistics remains to be seen.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 01.06.14 6:02

@ultimaThule wrote:As the Jesuit maxim has it  "give me the child until he is 7 and I'll show you the man', Woofer,, it's probable that the apples won't  have fallen far from the tree and, as adults, the twins are unlikely to be dissimilar to their parents.

Timely intervention is the only way to prevent child abuse being handed down through generations, but whether the proposed additional legislation will make any material difference to the the current statistics remains to be seen.

I do feel that telling two 3  year olds that their sister had been stolen by 'a monster' would come under the proposed law. It was probably related with details of how the monster came into their bedroom and took their sister.

There seem to be large parts of brain defunct in the McCann family imo largely those to do with reason and accountability.
Empathy was never there in the first place.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum