The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

GOLF mates

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by sami on 29.05.14 7:32

Ladyinred wrote:Gerry's not a bad runner, though.  He ran a sub-20 5km (19.40) at Braunstone ParkRun in Leicester earlier this year.


He's been running to the last seven years so has had plenty of practice. titter

sami

Posts : 965
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Lance De Boils on 29.05.14 11:44

Dee Coy wrote:

On topic, has it been confirmed that Walkden was the supplier of the inflatable sign @Lance De Boils? If so, that puts the "have you met before" questions to bed accompanied by a strong sleeping pill and a vat of cocoa.

I apologise for not being clearer.

Walkden and his wife, Val, are/were directors of companies which supply inflatables.

However, I've seen nothing (yet) to link him to THE inflatable sign. That, supposedly, was organised by a couple of blokes in ?Glasgow. I'd need to look their names and details up again.

Just answering quickly to clarify.
avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Guest on 29.05.14 11:51

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6698215.stm

Information here about the inflatable billboard.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by nobodythereeither on 29.05.14 13:23

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6698215.stm

Information here about the inflatable billboard.

That article says they were INVITED to the Vatican to meet the pope.

I didn't know that. Is that true? Did this invitation come out of the blue without any approach from them?

____________________


nobodythereeither

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Watching The Detectives on 29.05.14 16:30

If these photos have been labelled correctly then it looks like it is a different Gerry McCann at Malahide Golf

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52175481@N02/4805914976/

Watching The Detectives

Posts : 60
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 29.05.14 16:33

@Watching The Detectives wrote:If these photos have been labelled correctly then it looks like it is a different Gerry McCann at Malahide Golf

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52175481@N02/4805914976/

That was Gerry in his 'Fat Elvis' phase.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by tigger on 29.05.14 18:15

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@Watching The Detectives wrote:If these photos have been labelled correctly then it looks like it is a different Gerry McCann at Malahide Golf

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52175481@N02/4805914976/

That was Gerry in his 'Fat Elvis' phase.

Where 's Kate in her Dolly Parton phase?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by margaret on 29.05.14 21:59

Dee Coy wrote:
@margaret wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:@sharonl. Ah! The wigan link!

Tony Bennett reckoned Cristobell's poster called him from a Wigan number. Been looking for a connection.

The STD code was 01942, which covers Wigan and some villages around, I believe

I didn't know about this, have one of you got a link to where this was discussed please?

Here you go!
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9349p600-comment-left-on-cristobell-s-blog?highlight=Cristobell+s

Thanks for that Dee Coy.  roses  it does sound like someone's got a bit carried away.
avatar
margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by margaret on 29.05.14 22:03

@sami wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:Gerry's not a bad runner, though.  He ran a sub-20 5km (19.40) at Braunstone ParkRun in Leicester earlier this year.


He's been running to the last seven years so has had plenty of practice. titter

 spit coffee
avatar
margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Guest on 29.05.14 22:18

@tigger wrote: Where 's Kate in her Dolly Parton phase?
***
 sarcastic 
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Masterblaster on 03.07.14 7:58

Not strictly relevant to this thread but it is related to Golf and maybe useful as a bit of background information.

You remember that the portugese phones handed to the T7/9 were registered in the name of Dave Middleton, I am guessing that this is the Dave Middleton who used to own the Forest Pines Hotel and Golf Club which is located about 15 minutes drive from Sandtoft where Simon Oldridge (married to Louise Webster) has his business.
Dave Middleton sold up in 2005 and moved to the Algarve, Forest Pines was, and still is, the best Hotel and Country Club in the area and no doubt would have been used by SO for accommodating visitors and entertaining.
Living abroad (as I do) it is not unusual to have locally registered phones available for guests/visitors.

As an aside the Forest Pines is the Hotel where Ashley Cole was found to be cheating on Cheryl Cole on an overnight stay for a Chelsea vs Hull match !

Like I said earlier, nothing sinister or incriminating about this, just some background information on where the phones may have come from.

Masterblaster

Posts : 30
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Guest on 03.07.14 10:02

@Masterblaster wrote:
You remember that the portugese phones handed to the T7/9 were registered in the name of Dave Middleton

Not saying you're wrong, but is this indeed known for a fact? I thought there were some doubts about the exact circumstances in which these phones were acquired?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Masterblaster on 03.07.14 10:08

See Diane Webster's rogatory interview.

Masterblaster

Posts : 30
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by sofieellis on 03.07.14 11:06

@nobodythereeither wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6698215.stm

Information here about the inflatable billboard.

That article says they were INVITED to the Vatican to meet the pope.

I didn't know that. Is that true? Did this invitation come out of the blue without any approach from them?

From Kate's book:

In the meantime, hope and comfort were at hand from an unexpected source. It was on Sunday 27 May that Clarence first mentioned that we might be invited to the Vatican (or 'accepted' there) to meet Pope Benedict XVI. The 'relevant people' in Rome, he told us, had already been making the necessary preparations.

sofieellis

Posts : 184
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by petunia on 04.07.14 0:15

From Kate's book:

In the meantime, hope and comfort were at hand from an unexpected source. It was on Sunday 27 May that Clarence first mentioned that we might be invited to the Vatican (or 'accepted' there) to meet Pope Benedict XVI. The 'relevant people' in Rome, he told us, had already been making the necessary preparations. In the meantime i will prepare some trifles and clean the apartment and do a bit of jogging,and the unexpected source said if we don,t get an invite to the vatican they will be riots in the streets pf Britain 

petunia

Posts : 520
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Guest on 04.07.14 6:52

@petunia wrote:From Kate's book:

In the meantime, hope and comfort were at hand from an unexpected source. It was on Sunday 27 May that Clarence first mentioned that we might be invited to the Vatican (or 'accepted' there) to meet Pope Benedict XVI. The 'relevant people' in Rome, he told us, had already been making the necessary preparations. In the meantime i will prepare some trifles and clean the apartment and do a bit of jogging,and the unexpected source said if we don,t get an invite to the vatican they will be riots in the streets pf Britain 

Just checking....didn't Kate also say something about riots on the streets of Britain if they were arrested?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by lj on 04.07.14 7:48

@admin wrote:
@petunia wrote:From Kate's book:

In the meantime, hope and comfort were at hand from an unexpected source. It was on Sunday 27 May that Clarence first mentioned that we might be invited to the Vatican (or 'accepted' there) to meet Pope Benedict XVI. The 'relevant people' in Rome, he told us, had already been making the necessary preparations. In the meantime i will prepare some trifles and clean the apartment and do a bit of jogging,and the unexpected source said if we don,t get an invite to the vatican they will be riots in the streets pf Britain 

Just checking....didn't Kate also say something about riots on the streets of Britain if they were arrested?
Yeah that too. Maybe in Kate's mind  there should be riots in the streets of Britain when she does not get it her way.

Just my opinion.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
avatar
lj

Posts : 3322
Reputation : 196
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by jozi on 04.07.14 13:23

@lj wrote:
@admin wrote:
@petunia wrote:From Kate's book:

In the meantime, hope and comfort were at hand from an unexpected source. It was on Sunday 27 May that Clarence first mentioned that we might be invited to the Vatican (or 'accepted' there) to meet Pope Benedict XVI. The 'relevant people' in Rome, he told us, had already been making the necessary preparations. In the meantime i will prepare some trifles and clean the apartment and do a bit of jogging,and the unexpected source said if we don,t get an invite to the vatican they will be riots in the streets pf Britain 

Just checking....didn't Kate also say something about riots on the streets of Britain if they were arrested?
Yeah that too. Maybe in Kate's mind  there should be riots in the streets of Britain when she does not get it her way.

Just my opinion.
IMO
Deleted.  Inciting violence not allowed here Jozi
avatar
jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by IKNOWWHATHAPPENED on 06.07.14 11:17

LOL @ riots on the streets of Britain if Katie and the wee man were arrested. Are Katie and the wee man that removed from reality ?

Me thinks that some time in the not to distant future there will be riots in the streets, IF the McCANNS are not arrested.

Rolf HARRIS, COULSON, Lord BRITTAN, the lost dosier, the Royal Charter, Carter Ruck.......all the grubs are linked imo.

IKNOWWHATHAPPENED

Posts : 110
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by lj on 06.07.14 15:06

I do seriously think that Kate and Gerry suffer from a severe case of megalomania.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
avatar
lj

Posts : 3322
Reputation : 196
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Guest on 06.07.14 21:22

@IKNOWWHATHAPPENED wrote:LOL @ riots on the streets of Britain if Katie and the wee man were arrested. Are Katie and the wee man that removed from reality ?

Me thinks that some time in the not to distant future there will be riots in the streets, IF the McCANNS are not arrested.

Rolf HARRIS, COULSON, Lord BRITTAN, the lost dosier, the Royal Charter, Carter Ruck.......all the grubs are linked imo.
Yep. Don't forget Savile, probably gatekeeper to the grubs.
All in my own opinion, nothing stated as fact
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Another Golf Mate...

Post by missbeetle on 21.07.14 9:08

From a CNN report online - by Randi Kaye - dated 18th September, 2007 :

'Gerry McCann loved golf. Kate McCann was a working mom with dreams of a large family. Gerry McCann's boss and golfing buddy, Dr Doug Skehan, said their lives were picture perfect.'

Boss, golfing buddy and a Find Madeleine Fundster at one stage, I believe...


____________________
'Tis strange, but true; for truth is always strange...
(from Lord Byron's 'Don Juan', 1823)
avatar
missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Gillyspot on 21.07.14 9:16

@petunia wrote:From Kate's book:

In the meantime, hope and comfort were at hand from an unexpected source. It was on Sunday 27 May that Clarence first mentioned that we might be invited to the Vatican (or 'accepted' there) to meet Pope Benedict XVI. The 'relevant people' in Rome, he told us, had already been making the necessary preparations. In the meantime i will prepare some trifles and clean the apartment and do a bit of jogging,and the unexpected source said if we don,t get an invite to the vatican they will be riots in the streets pf Britain 

I don't think doing a selective cut & paste from K8's book is helpful to our cause, sorry Petunia.

Here is a link to the actual passage regarding the Pope visit.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Gl1YDgqho6kC&pg=PA159&lpg=PA159&dq=kate+mccann+The+'relevant+people'+in+Rome,+he+told+us,&source=bl&ots=1vztlEkln7&sig=USNo9H2vmU5Z_ZnDEs5Mp31aaCk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vsvMU_7tHc-p0AXS34BI&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=kate%20mccann%20The%20'relevant%20people'%20in%20Rome%2C%20he%20told%20us%2C&f=false

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why mis-quote ?

Post by PeterMac on 21.07.14 9:24

In the meantime, hope and comfort were at hand from an unexpected source. It was on Sunday 27 May that Clarence first mentioned the possibility that we might be invited to the Vatican (or ‘accepted’ there) to meet Pope Benedict XVI. The ‘relevant people’ in Rome, he told us, had already been making the necessary preparations. I didn’t dwell on whether this was unprecedented, as it was later described, or even unusual. I just remember thinking how important and wonderful this would be for Madeleine. For a Catholic, meeting the Pope is about as close as you can get to meeting God, and we certainly needed His help. I truly believed that if I was able to speak to the Pope, my pleas for Madeleine’s safe return would be channelled more efficiently and effectively to Heaven. I also believed that this meeting might lead to many more Catholics offering prayers for Madeleine. Surely if God received a bombardment like this, Madeleine would be returned to us?

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by Guest on 21.07.14 9:27

So is the famous (or infamous) quote about riots in the street a forum myth?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum