The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

GOLF mates

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GOLF mates

Post by sharonl on 28.05.14 17:54

In haste at the moment, I will post more later,  but if I remember correctly, both Gerry & his mother are  linked to the committee of the Malahide Golf club in Ireland.

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 28.05.14 18:01

Andrew77R wrote:
@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Sorry for going off course (ouch!) - I actually know who Morten Harket is but not that he is apparently touchy. What's that about?
A-Ha Song.

Touch me.

I think you're thinking of 'Take On Me'.

A-Ha! released a song called 'Touchy' I believe.
That's the one. Confused myself there.

Got a few A-Ha albums knocking about as well somewhere collecting dust.
And one aptly  called Hunting High and Low !!
stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.05.14 18:12

@sharonl wrote:In haste at the moment, I will post more later,  but if I remember correctly, both Gerry & his mother are  linked to the committee of the Malahide Golf club in Ireland.

Looks like John Geraghty was an outgoing committee member in December 2009:

http://www.malahidegolfclub.ie/_fileupload/Publications/Men's_AGM_Documents_2010.doc

(e) Presentation to outgoing Committee Members: The Captain made presentations to the two outgoing Committee members, John Geraghty and Tom Cassidy thanking them for their services to the club.

Before standing down JG was competition secretary.  At the same time, Gerry McCann was on committee as Asst/Handicap secretary.

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl on 28.05.14 18:45

@Ladyinred wrote:CynicAl - what do you think happened to Madeleine?

Found the answer:

"I'm still going with accidental death, with damage management. 

Although I did wonder whether there was evidence supporting the possibility that this was a family-controlled euthanasia of a terminally ill youngster?"

I'd be happy to see GA resume his investigation. If anyone has anything at stake betting on a narrative, its him. I'll go with what can be plausibly documented as fact over speculation and anything bigger than that, without clear evidence, is conspiracy theory. Let GA run his course. I value his understanding more than any armchair investigator on a web forum.

CynicAl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by By Numbers on 28.05.14 18:45

I can't believe more of an issue wasn't made of the fact that the hire car was driven by a keen golfer from Rothley, who claims to have been unacquainted with Gerry previously (in the only car which generated positive cadaver identification and also the only car whose boot had been left open for days on end).

However, I'm inclined to believe that it's just an amazing coincidence because there were incredibly long posts about something to do with earthquakes and mention of "forensics" that convinced me that it was ridiculous to think this was something worth questioning. I'm now worried that if I ever leave the country, everyone I know will be killed by an earthquake. There's never been one here and now it looks like the reason is solely down to me being here.

By Numbers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by By Numbers on 28.05.14 18:47

@CynicAl wrote:

Found the answer:

Although I did wonder whether there was evidence supporting the possibility that this was a family-controlled euthanasia of a terminally ill youngster?"

I'd be happy to see GA resume his investigation. If anyone has anything at stake betting on a narrative, its him. I'll go with what can be plausibly documented as fact over speculation and anything bigger than that, without clear evidence, is conspiracy theory. Let GA run his course. I value his understanding more than any armchair investigator on a web forum.

Um, how is it you get clear evidence if you're not allowed to ask questions, again?

By Numbers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 28.05.14 18:53

@By Numbers wrote:I can't believe more of an issue wasn't made of the fact that the hire car was driven by a keen golfer from Rothley, who claims to have been unacquainted with Gerry previously (in the only car which generated positive cadaver identification and also the only car whose boot had been left open for days on end).

However, I'm inclined to believe that it's just an amazing coincidence because there were incredibly long posts about something to do with earthquakes and mention of "forensics" that convinced me that it was ridiculous to think this was something worth questioning. I'm now worried that if I ever leave the country, everyone I know will be killed by an earthquake. There's never been one here and now it looks like the reason is solely down to me being here.

On top of this John Geraghty was the man I believe kept the hire car until ~22nd September before returning it to the hire company. And now it seems they knew each other!

I thought Geraghty was just a ex-pat helping out....
TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame on 28.05.14 19:05

@By Numbers wrote:I can't believe more of an issue wasn't made of the fact that the hire car was driven by a keen golfer from Rothley, who claims to have been unacquainted with Gerry previously (in the only car which generated positive cadaver identification and also the only car whose boot had been left open for days on end).

endgame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 28.05.14 19:08

@plebgate wrote:
TexMac wrote:
@tigger wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@TozerDerry wrote:
Now the conspiracy sounds fine but by assuming the opposite, one finds a perfectly rational and uninteresting explanation.

I think I'll be the judge of what I consider interesting or otherwise, thanks very much.

Well TD, it would possibly uninteresting weren't it for the fact that itjust happened to be Walkden's hire car where thefigures didn't add up.
Add to that iirc that Walkden apparently said he didn't know  Gerry McCann despite the  fact that they are members of the same golf club, possibly the same lodge.

Well, they certainly know each other now by the looks of it.  laughat 

"they certainly know each other now by the looks of it" - it seems that an assumption is being made that the picture shows Gerry with Walkden.  I can't see where it tells us that, in fact it seems more likely that it is Gerry with Spillane.  Also, I don't see anything in the article to let me conclude that they certainly know each other now - all it mentions is that Walkden caddied for Spillane, and then separately says Danny (Spillane) was joined for these by Gerry.  I think we have jumped to conclusions with this.
http://www.rothleypark.co.uk/theteam.htm

We cannot say for sure that Ken and Gerry knew each other. However, they had both played and been members at Rothley Park Golf Club -  Its possible that Ken only became truly acquainted with Gerry in 2011 or later on. However, knowing what its like in golf clubs, I would be very very surprised if Ken and Gerry didnt know each other as fellow members of the club. In my town we have 2 golf clubs and I could safely say that all the men know each other, even if not close,  they all know their fellow members to some degree.  It would be quite odd if Ken did not know Gerry. But thats my opinion and of course we dont know for sure.

With the links between Leicester and PdL area through Vigia group / Danny Spillane having been the pro at PDL course / JG etc  it would be quite unsurprising if there werent a constant stream of golfers going out to PdL area. The chances are they may hire the same car to tour around the golf courses. However, Gerry did not go, on this occasion, to play golf.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 28.05.14 19:18

What I think would think needed exploring was whether Ken did actually know Gerry and if so, why did he want to deny the relationship. In the same way, did Gerry know RM and why did he want to deny the relationship.

Why would Ken wish to say he didnt know Gerry if  he did know him through Rothley Park Golf Club. Time and time again it seems that someone is trying to hide a wider circle of
connections. There is clearly a lot of business in PDL which is being sought out and developed by UK business men e.g. Vigia Group (started by 4 Leicester business men).  
There has been much development of luxury apartments with golfing links.  To me, it seems as if there may be attempts to get groups of people out there to see if they wish to invest in purchase of apartments in the area. They have a company go in there to develop communications between apartments with video channels etc . When you research it which I did a few months ago - it is pretty big and interesting stuff. Seems to be developed by UK business men with links to Leicester. Anyway, this was explored a little on car hire thread

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 28.05.14 20:13

I don't know whether this would be of any significance but I will post it anyway, although I think that it has been posted before.

"GOLF IN PORTUGAL" - NEWSLETTER - Nº 61

Welcome to our March 2007 monthly "Golf in Portugal" Newsletter.

"LUCKY GOLFER"
Each month 10 golfers are randomly selected. From these 10 golfers a second draw is made for the winner of the prize sponsored by Apartment Hotel Formosa Park ****, at Praia do Ancão between Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo in the Algarve. All of the same monthly 10 golfers will be notified that they are now qualified for the annual Grand Draw.

In the Grand Draw one person will be the “Lucky Golfer” and receive from www.algarvegolf.net a sum of € 1.000,00 to be spent in the Algarve. The money can be spent in an Algarve Hotel of the winner’s choice, green fees, or a combination of both.

As in the past the 10 monthly winners; the winner of the prize sponsored by Apartment Hotel Formosa **** and the Grand Draw will all be notified by e-mail and also announced in our Golf Newsletter.

The 10 nominated golfers for the month of February are: Tommy Arnold, Lis McElroy, Vinny Entwistle,  Steve Heywood, Ferry van Houten, Brian Reid, David Roberts, Frank Shand, Debra Vout, Steve Witter.

The February winner of the prize sponsored by Apartment Hotel Formosa Park is – Tommy Arnold

More here http://www.algarvegolf.net/newsletter/news61.htm

9 September 2008
Wigan Observer

Chief Supt Steve Heywood, head of Greater Manchester's serious crime division - which covers the Wigan area - has been asked to provide a list of retired or about-to-retire officers.Madeleine was snatched while on holiday in Portugal in May last year.The Find Madeleine Fund was set up with help from individual donations and is now being bankrolled by Brian Kennedy, boss of Sale Sharks rugby union club.

It is understood that he is considering the list provided by several police forces. Among the names is former Det Supt Andy Tattersall, who retired last year. The two men have already spoken about the case.Another former GM police officer Henri Exton, 57, is involved in the hunt. He is understood to be a shareholder in private investigations firm Oakley International. A spokesman for GMP said: "We have given details of some eligible officers or former officers.

"Clarence Mitchell, spokes-man for the McCanns, said: "Kate and Gerry McCann, the fund and its backers have always sought to employ or use the very best people and resources in the search for Madeleine. If police expertise is available anywhere, the fund and Gerry and Kate would naturally considering using it."

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 28.05.14 20:27

@By Numbers wrote:
@CynicAl wrote:

Found the answer:

Um, how is it you get clear evidence if you're not allowed to ask questions, again?

thinking 
That's a tough one Holmes!  Wait for a note or phonecall: 'I done it !' Signed.......

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Steven Spielberg...?

Post by missbeetle on 28.05.14 21:28

@CynicAl wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@TozerDerry wrote:
Again- was Gerry Mccann a member of that Golf Club in 2007.

Why don't you use your forensic method and prove that he wasn't.
Oh, come on...

When we get into the childish 'prove that my assertion ISN'T true' territory, that's when things go wildly askew.

Prove that Steven Spielberg wasn't in PDL in May 2007 filming a 'special commission' on behalf of a billionaire client who was obsessed with young blonde girls called Maddie...

I said it. Up to you to prove it isn't true.

Right?
Very, very interesting.
missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.05.14 22:21

@sharonl. Ah! The wigan link!

Tony Bennett reckoned Cristobell's poster called him from a Wigan number. Been looking for a connection.  smilie 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.05.14 22:27

@MrsC wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
This subject seems to have got everybody touchier than Morten Harket.

I was just thinking the very same.
It's laughably transparent, isn't it? Wonder if their golfing swings are strong enough to whack the ball over that Oakland Bay bridge, earthquake or otherwise?

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 28.05.14 22:27

Andrew77R wrote:
When the PJ checked previous renters of the Renault Scenic 59-DA-27, they were asked a number of questions, including whether they knew the McCann family. The driver but one before the McCannswas Kenneth Walkden, who was interviewed on April 29th 2008. He hired the car between March 25th and April 1st 2007 for a golfing holiday with some friends. The distance travelled in the car was945km. [/color][/size][/justify]

He doesn’t say which golf course they were playing on, but the Boavista or Parque da Floresta may have been amongst the possible destinations. The trip was organised by his friend P S and Mr Walkdensaid that they all went on holiday together every year.  Maybe to the same venue? The Scenic was also used by a number of golfers other than the Walkden party.

Mr Walkden  told the PJ:

“I am not familiar with any member of the McCann family. Neither do I know any of them.” 

I’m sure by this time he knew exactly who the McCann family were and where they lived. Hardly a soul in the UK or Portugal didn’t know who they were by 2008. But he didn’t know them personally it seems.

Mr Walkden happened to be a member of the exclusive and prestigious Rothley Park Golf Club, as did at least four members of his party. The same golf club where Gerry McCann played golf every Monday, according to an article by Anna Pukas in The Mail on January 5th 2008

Kate’s book
 is very helpful, as she confirms Gerry joined the Rothley Park Golf Club before she started her IVF treatment, which means Gerry had been a member for at least 5 years when Mr Walkden made his statement.  She also states that Gerry had been to play golf in Portugal a couple of times, dates unspecified, in her book.  Gerry, in contrast, claims to have played golf in Albufeira only once in 1994, according to his PJ statement. Why golf-mad Gerry didn’t even mention the word when describing their holiday activities is a continuing puzzle

Returning to Mr Walkden, would a more accurate answer  have been along the lines of ..? 

“I don’t know Mr McCann personally, but I now know he’s a member of my golf club.”

Not necessarily something the club wanted to advertise perhaps, but true.

Or maybe the first time they met was the Summer Event in July 2011, as part of the club’s Centenary celebrationsGerry was there and so was Mr Walkden. Another one of those “fancy that” momentswhen they discovered they had both used the same hire car in 2007?

Thanks for posting that Andrew. I actually think you're onto something here PM. What an odd coincidence.
margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 28.05.14 22:35

Dee Coy wrote:@sharonl. Ah! The wigan link!

Tony Bennett reckoned Cristobell's poster called him from a Wigan number. Been looking for a connection.

The STD code was 01942, which covers Wigan and some villages around, I believe

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.05.14 22:45

@Tony Bennett wrote:

Tony Bennett reckoned Cristobell's poster called him from a Wigan number. Been looking for a connection.

Interesting, Tony. I know the Riddler is generally dismissed as at best a fantasist and at worst a forum troll, but I wonder...

That bloody song won't leave my mind.

On topic, has it been confirmed that Walkden was the supplier of the inflatable sign @Lance De Boils? If so, that puts the "have you met before" questions to bed accompanied by a strong sleeping pill and a vat of cocoa.

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 28.05.14 22:51

@Tony Bennett wrote:

I didn't know about this, have one of you got a link to where this was discussed please?
margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.05.14 22:59

@margaret wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

I didn't know about this, have one of you got a link to where this was discussed please?

Here you go!
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9349p600-comment-left-on-cristobell-s-blog?highlight=Cristobell+s

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 28.05.14 23:31

@HelenMeg wrote:What I think would think needed exploring was whether Ken did actually know Gerry and if so, why did he want to deny the relationship. In the same way, did Gerry know RM and why did he want to deny the relationship.

Why would Ken wish to say he didnt know Gerry if  he did know him through Rothley Park Golf Club. Time and time again it seems that someone is trying to hide a wider circle of
connections. There is clearly a lot of business in PDL which is being sought out and developed by UK business men e.g. Vigia Group (started by 4 Leicester business men).  
There has been much development of luxury apartments with golfing links. To me, it seems as if there may be attempts to get groups of people out there to see if they wish to invest in purchase of apartments in the area. They have a company go in there to develop communications between apartments with video channels etc . When you research it which I did a few months ago - it is pretty big and interesting stuff. Seems to be developed by UK business men with links to Leicester. Anyway, this was explored a little on car hire thread

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on 28.05.14 23:50

AFAIK BOD has nothing to do with that agency in Lagos, it's a common surname.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 28.05.14 23:59

@Praia wrote:AFAIK BOD has nothing to do with that agency in Lagos, it's a common surname.
Thanks Praia.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindylou on 29.05.14 5:58

Just for information, Gerry IS a member of Rothley Park Golf Club. He has a handicap of 16 which is not currently active. I know this because I just looked him up on How Did I DO. Most golf clubs in the UK are registered with this site. Members of affiliated clubs can log on to check their own scores and handicap and those of other clubs. As a golf club member myself, I have access. 
Gerry's handicap, 16 is very average indeed. It is currently inactive which means he didn't play at least 3 rounds of 18 holes and enter his scores last season. He wouldn't be able to enter any silverware competitions at his club until he puts 3 score cards in.
Given that Gerry is supposed to be a keen sportsman, his standard indicates he's just a social golfer or if mad keen, hasn't been playing very long. I have a better handicap than Gerry and I'm a girlie  laughat .

Lindylou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.05.14 7:29

Gerry's not a bad runner, though.  He ran a sub-20 5km (19.40) at Braunstone ParkRun in Leicester earlier this year.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum