The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Something or nothing?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something or nothing?

Post by Shhh on 24.05.14 21:20

I don't know if any of the following are of any use or open to discussion, certainly things I've not seen before, was rooting around google with planning permission.  There's loads more, I'll post anything else of interest

EAST GOSCOTE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a full Council Meeting held on Wednesday 10th June 2009 at 6.30pm in the Village Hall.
Present:

* Resident has requested use of playing fields for the find Madeleine McCann Appeal.  Include on next agenda.

---------------------------------

PDF docs relating to planning application for rothley http://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/PAP/searchresult.asp?appNumber=P/06/1143/2

-----------------------------------

ROTHLEY ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON FRIDAY 16TH MAY 2008

Rothley C of E Primary School Report for the Parish Council April 2008(F Parr)

This is my third report to the Parish Council. I have now been in my appointment since September 2005 and feel very much part of the Rothley community. The school continues to thrive and succeed. We all work at a very busy speed and it is difficult to encapsulate the year fully in a brief report. However I hope to give you a flavour.
Perhaps next year I could send you a PowerPoint with photographs!! This year is the year of ICT for us.

At around this time last year we were showing new prospective parents around the school. One of the visitors was Mrs McCann. Parents view their local schools and then decide which schools they wish to apply for. Most of our current intake is from the designated catchments of Rothley. It was very traumatic to learn of her daughter’s disappearance shortly after this and of course this affected us as the local school.

There are no rules to follow when such events occur but we tried to reflect our concern and support as a Christian community. Rob Gladstone our chair of governors was fully supportive of our decisions. We involved ourselves in prayerful assemblies and planted a tree of hope which is a lovely pineapple tree and a yellow rose tree in our school garden.

Obviously we did not miss out on the media circus that surrounded the village but we were careful in our coverage. We held a 2 minute silence in an open air assembly around the green. Representatives from each class tied yellow ribbons around the railings. Several children were interviewed on Children’s BBC Newsround at the time. We were involved in the washing of the soft toys and a member of staff accompanied Mrs Janet Kennedy to the Samaritans Purse to deliver these and tie ribbons on the toys.

A year on and a time for reflection. We continue to support the McCann family and we are holding a non uniform day on Friday 2nd May whereby the children and staff will wear green and yellow as the colours of hope. The children will bring in cakes and biscuits to sell at breaktime. Monies raised will be given to the local charity for missing children. Local press only will be allowed to cover the fundraising event.

-------------------------------

Shhh

Back to top Go down

Re: Something or nothing?

Post by lj on 25.05.14 15:05

IMO they scared the kids with all this McCann idolizing. I doubt that any of them has ever seen the real facts.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 25.05.14 15:37

I liked the washing of the soft toys bit. They could have got the expert in!   big grin

Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh on 25.05.14 20:37

Shhh

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.05.14 21:17

Anybody any idea if the concert referred to in this link ever went ahead and if so how much was raised?

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.05.14 11:04

It doesn't appear that the concert happened. There are a few reports about it beforehand, other than the Sky one, but nothing afterwards.

I wonder how many people who were involved in early fundraising still support the cause today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh on 26.05.14 13:26

Shhh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh on 26.05.14 20:45

From closeprotectionworld.com

My family live in the same village as the mccanns, in fact my auntie is practically their neighbour. Locally support for the pair has really declined into almost nothing recently. Although the church still includes maddy on the prayer list and some locals will say hello the general consensus has become one of disgust for their recent actions. Their surviving children are living a very sad and disjointed life cared for by hired help. I think they could also raise awareness of other childrens' plights whilst doing publicity and raising funds ... It is alll very sad indeed and Rothley has been put in the spotlight for a tragic reason and I suspect things will never be the same.

Shhh

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 31.05.14 16:10

Now why would Kate not have mentioned this planning application in her novelette? It's huge - no fewer than 64 windows in the roof if I am reading the plans correctly?! A large living space above their garage as well as an adjoining 'orangery' to link the garage and living extension to the main house?

What was it for? The main house was already large enough in terms of bedrooms and Kate makes no mention at all in her book, or in media interviews, of hiring living in help for the twins which might, for instance, mean wanting to create a 'nanny flat'. Or starting up a b + b. Or even opening up a night creche, ahem.

Why would Kate not mention this in her book? She writes about the move and she writes about the wonderful memories of the first summer in Rothley where the five of them spent many sunny, fun-filled days in the garden, on the wings and the slide or chatting in the paddling pool together.

So does that mean there was no building work going on then?

j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 31.05.14 17:17

Kate and Gerry obviously was moving someone in... Or moving someone out of the mainhouse. I wonder if the trip to PDL was maybe a nanny hunt, it crossed my mind that perhaps TM was moving in a nanny.
Those school children must have been quiet confused... Washing stuffies and selling the biscuits... Its sad that even the children got duped by those two. They have no shame

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 31.05.14 17:43

@j.rob wrote:Now why would Kate not have mentioned this planning application in her novelette? It's huge - no fewer than 64 windows in the roof if I am reading the plans correctly?! A large living space above their garage as well as an adjoining 'orangery' to link the garage and living extension to the main house?

What was it for? The main house was already large enough in terms of bedrooms and Kate makes no mention at all in her book, or in media interviews, of hiring living in help for the twins which might, for instance, mean wanting to create a 'nanny flat'. Or starting up a b + b. Or even opening up a night creche, ahem.

Why would Kate not mention this in her book? She writes about the move and she writes about the wonderful memories of the first summer in Rothley where the five of them spent many sunny, fun-filled days in the garden, on the wings and the slide or chatting in the paddling pool together.

Thats definitely a good point. You'd expect her to mention the building work - even just casually. The only time Ive seen it mentioned is by the poster who commented on Cristobell 's blog. The fact taht it has been kept so quiet makes it very odd.  What was it? The company they used to 'design / build' it was an expensive company (as can be seen if you refer to planning application) so obviously it wasnt just a cheap and cheerful amendment to the house. It must have had a specific purpose... definitely worth investigating although if  it had a dodgy purpose they would've covered it up by now

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 31.05.14 17:49

@HelenMeg wrote:
@j.rob wrote:Now why would Kate not have mentioned this planning application in her novelette? It's huge - no fewer than 64 windows in the roof if I am reading the plans correctly?! A large living space above their garage as well as an adjoining 'orangery' to link the garage and living extension to the main house?

Thats definitely a good point. You'd expect her to mention the building work - even just casually. The only time Ive seen it mentioned is by the poster who commented on Cristobell 's blog. The fact taht it has been kept so quiet makes it very odd.  What was it? The company they used to 'design / build' it was an expensive company (as can be seen if you refer to planning application) so obviously it wasnt just a cheap and cheerful amendment to the house. It must have had a specific purpose... definitely worth investigating although if  it had a dodgy purpose they would've covered it up by now
How does that fit in with swinging in Portugal HelenMeg?
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 31.05.14 18:44

@HelenMeg wrote:

And why with all those windows in the roof but none in the wall overlooking the garden? So anyone in that room could look up but not out, and anyone outside could not see in. See the fleeting figure of a man? woman? or child?. And unless there was an helicopter hovering overhead, no one could look down into that, whatever it was room.
Now maybe someone had got the painting bug and wanted a studio with good light.

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 31.05.14 18:47

Someone on here mentioned that the twins were being looked after by hired help these days, and that had me thinking, what if the McCanns have hired a live-in nanny to look after the children. What if this was the plan all along anyway, to have a live-in nanny? And in terms of preserving privacy, it would be better to have a live-in nanny live in separate accommodations, rather than in the main house.

So I'm thinking the extension is a live-in nanny flat.

canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.14 19:00

@canada12 wrote:Someone on here mentioned that the twins were being looked after by hired help these days, and that had me thinking, what if the McCanns have hired a live-in nanny to look after the children. What if this was the plan all along anyway, to have a live-in nanny? And in terms of preserving privacy, it would be better to have a live-in nanny live in separate accommodations, rather than in the main house.

But why no windows?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.14 19:08

Would it have been some sort of a lab?

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 31.05.14 19:08

BlackCatBoogie wrote:
@canada12 wrote:Someone on here mentioned that the twins were being looked after by hired help these days, and that had me thinking, what if the McCanns have hired a live-in nanny to look after the children. What if this was the plan all along anyway, to have a live-in nanny? And in terms of preserving privacy, it would be better to have a live-in nanny live in separate accommodations, rather than in the main house.

But why no windows?

Windows in the roof - they're skylights - very popular here.
No windows in the walls to preserve privacy for the family?
ETA: Nothing overlooking the garden. Is the garden, or some part of the garden, important to keep private?

canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.14 19:10

BlackCatBoogie wrote:

But why no windows?

I have a feeling, I am sure I have read it somewhere it is to do with tax reasons.  If it has windows it is classed as accommodation but if it doesn't and just has skylights it is classed as a barn type building and would therefore stay in a lower banding for council tax etc.  Might be wrong though, I usually am  big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.14 19:11

In one of my out-houses the loft only has skylights. And it is beautiful ...
I wouldn't wonder too much on the anonymous comment on Cristobell's blog.
We haven't heard from him/her since.
WUM, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 31.05.14 19:19

If I remember the photo of the layout correctly , if the proposed garage has now become a residential build that puts the rear external wall of the build virtually up against the neighbours drive...I could see them agreeing to a garage that close but not a dwelling IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 31.05.14 20:56

That sounds a likely explanation but still wonder why this has never been mentioned or referred to.. by anyone.

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 31.05.14 21:05

Thats what i was thinking canada i dunno any other reason... The upper lighting.. Hmm... Good question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.14 21:09

@HelenMeg wrote:

That sounds a likely explanation but still wonder why this has never been mentioned or referred to.. by anyone.

I suppose it could be for the simple reason that an orangery (my @rse!) and extensions to an already large house would not have given quite the right impression to encourage people to donate to the fund? And if it was for a live-in nanny this would not really give the right impression either...

I still wonder about the comment and what it meant, I still think it is significant in some way but obviously not sure why.

I shall check out the council tax banding as well Candyfloss, good idea. It could also have been a restriction of the planning permission but afaik this is usually where you are overlooking someone and obviously not the case on the ground floor overlooking the garden.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.14 21:21

A live in nanny like Catriona Baker for example?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mccannscatbaker.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 31.05.14 21:40

It would appear that the McCanns had extensive help from their relatives, friends, nursery workers, and cleaners, when caring for their three children prior to the holiday in Portugal and, given that they managed to lose one during the only time they are known to have looked after them unaided, it's to be hoped that the twins are being cared for by hired help who are likely to be far more attentive to their welfare and wellbeing than their neglectful parents.
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum