The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 16 Mm11

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 16 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 16 Mm11

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 16 Regist10

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 16 Empty Re: Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Post by Halfwit 04.06.14 23:44

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@Halfwit wrote:
I was expecting a second rate doc from C5 but I was quite impressed by the quality of the production.

That's down to the independant company but in the end it was pointless. Good on their showreel though.

Just finished watching it on C5+1. Off to bed now but will say quickly that I was impressed by the sheer denseness of information therein - no endless recaps and "coming ups" like you get in a lot of 1hr documentaries. Halligan himself a comedy legend.

Not good for the McCann camp at all, apart from a few sympathetic words at the beginning. And a lot of my suspicions about PdL confirmed - sorry Praia.

I don't see that he's a comedy legend, I think that he's very clever.

He'll continue to con his way through his life, he's quite nice looking, very articulate, calm in the face of questioning.

One time my employer was on a charge. He had all of these attributes. When he came out of prison later he walked back in to the bar he owned supremely unbothered.

He's on twitter now opining his views and gathering followers.
Halfwit

Activity : 91

Back to top Go down

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 16 Empty Re: Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Post by rainbow-fairy 04.06.14 23:44

@jellycat wrote:Stated as fact NOT fact so deleted
How on earth can this prog be real ---its a stoog - pre recorded and edited
Aren't almost all programmes pre-recorded and edited???

Wasn't able to watch, but the general consensus on Twitter seems to be that this did the McCanns no favours?

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 23:46

@rainbow-fairy wrote:

Wasn't able to watch, but the general consensus on Twitter seems to be that this did the McCanns no favours?

It seems very strange that they did not have anyone from the McCann fund to make a comment or statement.  Very odd indeed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 05.06.14 0:00

candyfloss wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:

It seems very strange that they did not have anyone from the McCann fund to make a comment or statement.  Very odd indeed.
Agreed yes
Have to  say I was expecting a 'poor McCanns' extravaganza with them speaking about how Halligen had damaged them - but nothing?
Yes at the very least you would have thought somebody from the fund would have made a statement about it being a dastardly thing to do. Very curious!
I think the times they are a changin'...

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by ashbrooke 05.06.14 0:15

@ShuBob wrote:Oh dear! Jane Tanner was secretly recorded by Halligen and was then discounted as a credible witness.
Just catching up after watching this very interesting documentary. I agree with you Shubob, and i'm sure it helped DCI Redwood to arrive at his famous revelation moment. I was also struck by the narrator's emphasis on the "Publicly, funded Oakley investigation. She repeated this over and over, as if to say, if you didn't hear it the first time we'll make sure you have this firmly fixed in your head by the end.
Also the endorsement by Scotland Yard in the final credits.
ashbrooke

Activity : 4

Back to top Go down

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 16 Empty conman

Post by cassius 05.06.14 0:24

@phil_burton wrote:Like I said earlier, no idea what the point of the program was, what it was trying to examine, or what it achieved. Utter rubbish.
It confirmed,inter alia, that the McCanns hid e-fits of Smithman, as first reported by The Sunday Times Insight Team , the standard bearer for investigative journalism in the UK for the past 30years.
cassius

Activity : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 05.06.14 0:44

The second and third credits at the end are for 'Legal and Commercial Affairs' and 'Director of Content Legal'. Right up at the top before everyone else except the narrator. Fancy that.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 05.06.14 0:52

From Wiki 'The Unbelievable Truth is a BBC radio comedy panel game...The object of the game is to lie on a subject, whilst also trying to include the truth without being detected.'
Next episode - Gerry McCann versus Kevin Halligen.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Clairelo 05.06.14 1:05

Please describe as much of the program in detail as you can.  Some of us following this forum in other countries unfortunately cannot watch the video as it comes up only as not available in our area.      Thanks for your help, because we ARE interested.
Clairelo

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Varriott 05.06.14 2:15

@Clairelo wrote:Please describe as much of the program in detail as you can.  Some of us following this forum in other countries unfortunately cannot watch the video as it comes up only as not available in our area.      Thanks for your help, because we ARE interested.

A few pages back, someone posted a link to the C5 website where you can watch it on demand.
Varriott
Varriott

Activity : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Clairelo 05.06.14 4:00

It was from that link that I tried to watch it without success.  It just kept coming up as not available in your area.   I am in Canada and I thought that that was why I couldn't get access to it.   I will keep trying.  Perhaps I will have success on one of the other links.   Thanks to whoever posted the comment back to me.
Clairelo

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia 05.06.14 4:50

Clay I am not in Luz and believe you me I have the same sort of thoughts as you have.
I have lovely Portuguese friends there and friends from other countries but hate the Little Britian mentality of some of the British ex pats ( hate that phrase but it fits here).

Praia

Activity : 410

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 05.06.14 6:11

@Dr What wrote:It strikes me that, if TM were receiving all this high-level support from a variety of sources, I'm sure someone in those shadows would have known exactly what Halligen was, and what he was not.

Perhaps he suited the required job description perfectly.

I haven't seen the programme yet but imo you've hit the nail on the head.

Otherwise, how could two educated people who had more legal, police and media advisors than the average head of state be so unlucky or so consistently stupid to hire one conman after another.

- and all for an enormous amount of money, all highly publicised as the best in the business.

- and the discrepancy between the money TM said they paid and the detectives reported to have received.

- and the impossibility of finding these 'expenses'  listed in the accounts of the Ltd.Co. which were promised to be transparent.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 7:14

@russiandoll wrote:What suspicions re PdL, Clay?

That it's the kind of place that attracts undesirables. Of all kinds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 05.06.14 7:17

@Clairelo wrote:It was from that link that I tried to watch it without success.  It just kept coming up as not available in your area.   I am in Canada and I thought that that was why I couldn't get access to it.   I will keep trying.  Perhaps I will have success on one of the other links.   Thanks to whoever posted the comment back to me.

Hi Clairelo if you are not in the Uk you will not be able to watch it it will be blocked due to you being in Canada channel 5 do have a you tube channel but ive had the same thing happen when trying to watch videos from abroad  on there too I get the message sorry content unavailable in your country .

heres the link to the trailer they posted a couple of days ago the full programme is not on yet but should be uploaded either today or in the next few days if this trailer works you may be able to watch once it is uploaded to you tube 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okoTqshvdhY

channel 5 is a terrible catch up channel  it tends to be forever buffering on their own site but the programmes they put on you tube tend to work far better and if I remember correctly do not have advert breaks like their catch up online does hope this helps
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 7:25

@Halfwit wrote:
I don't see that he's a comedy legend, I think that he's very clever.

He'll continue to con his way through his life, he's quite nice looking, very articulate, calm in the face of questioning.

One time my employer was on a charge. He had all of these attributes. When he came out of prison later he walked back in to the bar he owned supremely unbothered.

He's on twitter now opining his views and gathering followers.

Yeah, I think he's quite clever, but also in a way stupid enough to believe his own hype. The problem is that in the "intelligence" community there is, literally, more money than sense, and the level of paranoia is such that these borderline fruitcake types don't ring the kind of alarm bells that they might in a more grounded individual.

You have to ask what the McCanns' precise motive for hiring him in the first place really was - they were stumping up a lot of money and it shouldn't have come as a surprise that the investigation would turn up something unpalatable.

Anyway, have a heart. He's been reduced to doing a bit of minicabbing to make ends meet now.

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 16 Johnnycab
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Atomic Peanut 05.06.14 7:50

The real mystery about this (very well produced) documentary is - who on earth are behind Lantern Films, the Hove-based company that made it?

I have no knowledge of Lantern

Is Hove its real address or is that just a nominal business address?

It was set up in 2011 and has minimal assets

Lantern Films

It wasn't a film knocked up by amateurs - it was highly professional

What is going on?
Atomic Peanut

Activity : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by beijos 05.06.14 7:59

@Atomic Peanut wrote:The real mystery about this (very well produced) documentary is - who on earth are behind Lantern Films, the Hove-based company that made it?

I have no knowledge of Lantern

Is Hove its real address or is that just a nominal business address?

It was set up in 2011 and has minimal assets

Lantern Films

It wasn't a film knocked up by amateurs - it was highly professional

What is going on?

One of the directors is Adrian Gatton....who is also a director of BUREAU TV LTD
beijos
beijos

Activity : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 05.06.14 8:05

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:What suspicions re PdL, Clay?

That it's the kind of place that attracts undesirables. Of all kinds.

I understand that the Algarve is known as 'Little Britain' and it may well have become a favourite destination for those who used to head for the now out of fashion Costa del Crime.

Besides, Morocco is a mere hop-skip away, Beautiful Spanish towns a few hours drive away, golf courses aplenty, seems pretty well ideal for those who can afford it, desirables and undesirables alike.

I'm sure that the majority of  the expats and Portuguese there lead blameless lives (you too Praaia winkwink ). But one can live  right next to any kind of criminal/ undesirable  without ever knowing it - and like attracts like, the word gets around.

Was that what you meant? Suddenly I'm thinking again of the Rothley/Masonic/golfclub connection with PdL and what do you know, somebody built a pyramid in his garden just down the road from OC and there's a fetching holiday snap of the McCanns with the Pyramid in the middle background. Just having a connection, not a conspiracy moment here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Atomic Peanut 05.06.14 8:18

@beijos wrote:
@Atomic Peanut wrote:The real mystery about this (very well produced) documentary is - who on earth are behind Lantern Films, the Hove-based company that made it?
One of the directors is Adrian Gatton....who is also a director of BUREAU TV LTD
He is a highly accomplished TV producer who also makes films for other media including the BBC and Channel 4

I wonder why they didn't want to take on this project?

Lantern Films was set up three years ago and to my knowledge this is the only film made by the "company", so Lantern was presumably created specifically for this purpose - ie to make the Halligen documentary

Interesting that it wasn't done under the name of an existing film company
Atomic Peanut

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 05.06.14 8:28

@Atomic Peanut wrote:
@beijos wrote:
He is a highly accomplished TV producer who also makes films for other media including the BBC and Channel 4

I wonder why they didn't want to take on this project?

Lantern Films was set up three years ago and to my knowledge this is the only film made by the "company", so Lantern was presumably created specifically for this purpose - ie to make the Halligen documentary

Interesting that it wasn't done under the name of an existing film company

Ah! That would have all sorts of benefits and safety nets built in as it were.  winkwink

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.06.14 8:34

There were a few interesting facts last night amidst a plethora of outright lies.

One fact which was repeated in the programme was that Halligen's contract was for $1,000,000 (ONE MILLION) dollars.

That suggests that all those claims about £500,000, £300,000 or whatever other figures they came up with were all deliberate lies.

Why did the McCann Team not tell us the truth from the beginning, and say: "Thank you to the great British public who have helped us so much. We agreed a contract of $1,000,000 with Oakley. Plus a further half million if they found Madeleine alive".

The whole claimed 'search for Madeleine' as portrayed in the programme was so obviously bogus e.g. Oakley claiming the credit for George Harrison/monsterman - when in fact this was the creation of Gail Cooper, Paul Gordon, 'ex-FBI-trained forensic artist' Melissa Little and Brian Kennedy.

The bit where Jane Tanner saw the long-black-haired market-trader and said: 'That's him', when months earlier (13 May) she had seen Robert Murat and said: 'That's him' was both comedic and tragic, but not a surprise.

And now of course the Great DCI Redwood reassuringly says: "Jane. It wasn't Murat. It wasn't George, the market trader. It was Crecheman'.

Thank goodness for the few other people on the forum who can see through this expensive charade (IMO) for what it is.  

But back to Halligen's million dollars.

That's the equivalent of £600,000 - more than the McCann Team ever admitted to. And this Channel 5 programme, mostly of barefaced lies, never managed to get out of the McCann Team what they actually paid him.

Halligen, then, gave a whole new meaning to the phrase: "I feel like a million dollars" - how true, if he spent 700 quid on a meal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA6r2SoQqow

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 23897

Back to top Go down

Post by Atomic Peanut 05.06.14 8:43

@tigger wrote:
@Atomic Peanut wrote:Interesting that it wasn't done under the name of an existing film company

Ah! That would have all sorts of benefits and safety  nets built in as it were.  winkwink
Bizarrely, the business address of Lantern Films appears to be linked to a community centre in Hove based in a church!
Atomic Peanut

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 05.06.14 9:03

Lantern Films is a good name for a production company that intends to specialise in documentaries which shine a light on those matters which some would prefer to remain hidden but, on the strength of the company's debut programme, imo 'Spotlight Films' would have been a more apt name as it would have paved the way for anintro on the lines of "And tonight, folks, we shine a very bright light onto the clandestine world of money laundering so-called super sleuths".

I wonder if the penny's dropped in the wee one's slot and he's now realised why he wasn't invited back to DC and wasn't given a role prancing around the world stage meeting and greeting billionaires dignataries of all nations?  It's not fair, is it, Gezza?  If the arch liar Blair is able to peddle his dubious wares and rake in shedload of dosh, why weren't you given the opportunity to follow suit?   Could it be that someone up there doesn't like you?  sarcastic
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.14 9:26

@Tony Bennett wrote:

The whole claimed 'search for Madeleine' as portrayed in the programme was so obviously bogus e.g. Oakley claiming the credit for George Harrison/monsterman - when in fact this was the creation of Gail Cooper, Paul Gordon, 'ex-FBI-trained forensic artist' Melissa Little and Brian Kennedy.

My other half, who does not follow the case closely, thought that the Williams version of "George" looked like Kate McCann with a desperado style 'tache scribbled on! I haven't seen it back to know if she was near the mark or not.

Anyway the eventual "suspect" looked nothing like him, of course. No wonder he hid down a lane. He's probably got no idea to this day who was tailing him, or why.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum