The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 14 Mm11

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 14 Mm11

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 14 Regist10

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 14 Empty Re: Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Post by sofieellis 04.06.14 21:58

I missed the last couple of minutes due to a teenage strop - what happened?
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 14 Empty Re: Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Post by phil_burton 04.06.14 22:00

Like I said earlier, no idea what the point of the program was, what it was trying to examine, or what it achieved. Utter rubbish.
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.06.14 22:02

Hugely damaging from the McCann perspective!  A distinct lack of sympathy for the parents and finishing with the gagged Omega Report and the efits produced by Exxton.  The final balloon released by the little girl said it all 'God Help Madeleine'!  Amen to that.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 04.06.14 22:02

russiandoll wrote:Tim [?] the British guy, said she may have been over- eager to help [ implication mistaken]  but the American guy listened to her voice and I am sure he said she became more of an actress... did I hear him correctly? 

Secretly recording JT.... I wonder what she thinks if this is the first she has heard of it?

just rewound it back he says the more inacurate she became
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 04.06.14 22:03

I wonder how much other secret filming was done, and who of?
sofieellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 22:03

The programme done nothing for Halligen(Halligan) imo. He is a chancer.

They got some good info out though in relation to the Portuguese releasing their files,Jane tanners unlikely statement-basically she wanted to believe that the photo she saw was tannerman but her voice analysis showed otherwise. Didn't like that they showed pics of potential suspects,especially the guy at the market.

Liked the ending with the pic of gerry.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 04.06.14 22:04

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 14 Madeleine-mccann-missing-4-577x500
Its official I don't exist.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 22:07

Well, what I took from the programme is that Halligen's team DID do some investigation despite him being a conman and a report was produced with some recommendations which Op Grange are now working on. Also, we have the confirmation that Jane Tanner is a liar and even a team hired by the McCanns concluded she wasn't a credible witness. We hear that Halligen has contacted Op Grange and that Op Omega's investigation has been slapped with a legal ban against publication. I noted that a lot of emphasis was made about the fund being publicly donated money.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 22:08

sofieellis wrote:I wonder how much other secret filming was done, and who of?

titter 
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 04.06.14 22:12

ShuBob wrote:

titter 
And were the McCanns aware their tapas "friend" was being secretly filmed? If they were I imagine JT has struck them OFF her Christmas card list

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 04.06.14 22:12

It does seem CH5 cashed in on the McCann name.  

The interesting thing for me though is that Exton and the team on the ground seemed to be legit and capable? And their report is now in the hands of OG.

I wonder if things being done now in PDL come from that report? Wishful thinking?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 22:13

I know the programme was supposed to be about Halligen but if you remove the criticism of him from the equation, it was a pretty damning show for the McCanns IMO.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 22:15

Gillyspot wrote:
ShuBob wrote:

titter 
And were the McCanns aware their tapas "friend" was being secretly filmed? If they were I imagine JT has struck them OFF her Christmas card list

They may be more worried about the possibility that they themselves have been secretly filmed.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 04.06.14 22:15

ShuBob wrote:I know the programme was supposed to be about Halligen but if you remove the criticism of him from the equation, it was a pretty damning show for the McCanns IMO.

yes it certainly didn't do them any favours
frost

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 04.06.14 22:16

ShuBob wrote:

They may be more worried about the possibility that they themselves have been secretly filmed.

I hope they were and that it was passed onto operation grange
frost

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH 04.06.14 22:19

The program made JT to be erm, um, erm economical with the truth and the undisclosed efits at the end seemed a dig at the Mc's so it wasn't a complete loss  yes
TMH
TMH

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 04.06.14 22:20

I wonder if the ground operatives, who were photographing and filming anyone and everyone around, got anything useful on tape?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 22:20

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-man-who-conned-the-mccanns

It's supposedly available on demand until 2024!

Let's hope that the case has been solved before then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 04.06.14 22:21

Gillyspot wrote:
ShuBob wrote:

titter 

If they were aware, which I very much doubt Gilly. It would be the Mcs striking her off their Christmas card list :)

maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching The Detectives 04.06.14 22:25

What impression did you think the program gave of Praia da Luz?
Watching The Detectives

Activity : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_burton 04.06.14 22:30

Has anyone realised this could have been the Mccanns ruling Tanner out in their own way - convieniently leaving out her previous inaccuracies and urge to point the finger?

Amaral had already seen JT for what she was, but that didn't fit with the Mccanns version of events, so it seems nice and cosy that along comes a private detective agency who then rules her out as a witness based on a second positive id.
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 22:31

Watching The Detectives wrote:What impression did you think the program gave of Praia da Luz?

IMO PdL was a side issue almost as if the crime could have happened anywhere.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 22:33

phil_burton wrote:Has anyone realised this could have been the Mccanns ruling Tanner out in their own way - convieniently leaving out her previous inaccuracies and urge to point the finger?

Amaral had already seen JT for what she was, but that didn't fit with the Mccanns version of events, so it seems nice and cosy that along comes a private detective agency who then rules her out as a witness based on a second positive id.

From what I gather, the e-fit she helped produced is still being promoted on the McCanns' website even after it had been discredited by Op Grange. That goes against your theory IMO.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 04.06.14 22:35

phil_burton wrote:Has anyone realised this could have been the Mccanns ruling Tanner out in their own way - convieniently leaving out her previous inaccuracies and urge to point the finger?

The McCanns are still pushing Tannerman on their website. Why would they be doing this, if they wanted to discredit Jane? No, the McCanns are still relying on people believing JT's testimony. The last thing they want is for her and Tannerman to be ruled out. IMHO.
sofieellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 04.06.14 22:36

I got the impression the detail was too complex and off-putting for the average viewer with no real knowledge of the case. It left me wondering who the target audience really was. The priest made numerous appearances towards the end, almost to the point of comedy, I thought.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top