The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 12 Mm11

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 12 Mm11

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 12 Regist10

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 12 Empty Re: Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Post by Newintown 31.05.14 15:37

@canada12 wrote:Thanks, PM.
In hindsight, it's such a load of BS, isn't it.
Actually, at the time I thought it was a load of BS.
"These really are the big boys.  They are absolutely the best, but they are extremely secretive, and cloak and dagger about what they do. "

Absolutely the best? It's so laughable. "The best" would have been a detective agency with a proven track record in locating lost and missing people. Not a fly-by-night operation like Halligan.

But then "the best" would likely have come to a conclusion not helpful to Kate and Gerry.

With all the non-professionals and conmen taken on board one could almost believe that the McCanns didn't want Madeleine found any time soon whilst the Limited Company "Fund" was being filled up by the gullible public.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 12 Empty Re: Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Post by Guest 31.05.14 16:03

@Newintown wrote:
@canada12 wrote:Thanks, PM.
In hindsight, it's such a load of BS, isn't it.
Actually, at the time I thought it was a load of BS.
"These really are the big boys.  They are absolutely the best, but they are extremely secretive, and cloak and dagger about what they do. "

Absolutely the best? It's so laughable. "The best" would have been a detective agency with a proven track record in locating lost and missing people. Not a fly-by-night operation like Halligan.

But then "the best" would likely have come to a conclusion not helpful to Kate and Gerry.

With all the non-professionals and conmen taken on board one could almost believe that the McCanns didn't want Madeleine found any time soon whilst the Limited Company "Fund" was being filled up by the gullible public.
That was Amarals opinion as well. In his book he writes 'it seems nobody is in a hurry' (not verbatim)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31.05.14 16:34

chilli wrote:Who was the poster who stated a few months ago that Channel 5 was making a documentary to be shown in June. I've had a search but can't find anything. It would be interesting to read the post again and see what else they said about it. It was someone with some connection to the media ? Stillslopingout.

Possibly Over the Hill?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 31.05.14 17:17

That was Amarals opinion as well. In his book he writes 'it seems nobody is in a hurry' (not verbatim)
------------------------------------------------------

As are the Met Police NOW!

No 'urgency' for 'digs'

No 'urgency' to rescue the 'unharmed and alive' Madeleine from her hellish lair in the lawless village just 10Kms from PDL.

And when the elite Met get to Portugal to meet their counterparts they LEAVE just 4 hours later, back to the UK.

No hurry for Madeleines parents either. They can fit in their 'unrelentless search', around, their tv appearances, charidy runs, and going to football matches.

"Hurry!" Hurry!" "READ ALL ABOUT NEW MADELEINE SEARCH, NEXT YEAR!"
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 31.05.14 18:32

@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
Not because he was incompetent, but because he was skeptical of the McCanns.
As has every professional who has had any dealings with them

With the exception of that Pink-slithering-spokescreature of course.

The keyword in PM's post is professional  winkwink 
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 31.05.14 19:26

@ShuBob wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
Not because he was incompetent, but because he was skeptical of the McCanns.
As has every professional who has had any dealings with them

With the exception of that Pink-slithering-spokescreature of course.

The keyword in PM's post is professional  winkwink 

Oh, fair enough, but he's a professional  liar  with a nose to match that of Kate's. big grin
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 12 Empty Channel 5 Documentary

Post by Pyewacket 01.06.14 12:24

Hi Folks

Channel 5 in the UK has never achieved the success that was anticipated for it, and may well be the reason that Mr Desmond has chosen to offload it. How many viewers the documentary gets is debateable as it clashes with the England v Ecuador World Cup friendly televised on ITV. They may have been better off sticking to the earlier reported scheduling of Tuesday 3rd
Pyewacket
Pyewacket

Activity : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 02.06.14 13:17

I didn’t spend McCann cash, says conman

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/article4106468.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2014_06_01

A confidence trickster who was hired by Kate and Gerry McCann to find their missing daughter, Madeleine, has insisted that he can account for all the money spent in the fruitless search.
Kevin Halligen was speaking for the first time after being released from a jail sentence for fraud in the United States.
He set up a team of investigators whose research led to leads that are now being pursued by Scotland Yard

That's very interesting since Henri Exton once said that the McCanns did not like where Halligens' investigation was going.
sharonl
sharonl
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Activity : 10275

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 02.06.14 13:40

@sharonl wrote:I didn’t spend McCann cash, says conman
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/article4106468.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2014_06_01
A confidence trickster who was hired by Kate and Gerry McCann to find their missing daughter, Madeleine, has insisted that he can account for all the money spent in the fruitless search.
Kevin Halligen was speaking for the first time after being released from a jail sentence for fraud in the United States.
He set up a team of investigators whose research led to leads that are now being pursued by Scotland Yard

That's very interesting since Henri Exton once said that the McCanns did not like where Halligens' investigation was going.
As did another PI hired by them, who also produced a report the paymaster did not approve of.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 15092

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 02.06.14 13:50

I'm quietly hopeful the programme would open a can of worms so viewers are left wondering why the McCanns haven't sued Halligen and more importantly, why his report was buried. It'll be a bonus if Jim Gamble appears on the programme to give his views.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.06.14 8:57

Huffington Post

Madeleine McCann 'Conman' Denies Misusing Public Donations For Search To Fund Lavish Style

PA  |  Posted: 03/06/2014 07:30 BST

A convicted fraudster who set up a firm to hunt for Madeleine McCann has denied allegations that he funded a lavish lifestyle using cash donated by the public.

Kevin Halligen has made the claims in a new documentary, in the week that police arrived in Portugal to excavate scrubland in Praia Da Luz near where Madeleine disappeared from a holiday apartment in May 2007 in a "significant new phase" of the investigation into why she vanished.

It has been claimed that he spent money for the search on first class travel, luxury hotel suites and a chauffeur.

His Washington-based company received around £300,000 from backers of Kate and Gerry McCann but his contract was terminated early and he was later convicted of fraud in the US on a separate matter.

The McCanns used the Irish national's firm Oakley International for around six months to look for their missing daughter.

The £500,000 contract saw the firm hire private detectives, set up a hotline and process information.

But the McCanns terminated the arrangement without paying the full fees because Halligen, from Surrey, apparently failed to fulfill certain agreements.

In an interview for Channel 5 documentary The McCanns And The Conman, Halligen denied claims that he misused money raised to find Madeleine.

He said: "It is gross distortion of what was actually happening.

"The print media in particular took this line that really nothing was being done, I was living the high life on the proceeds of the McCann case.

"Trust me, I didn't buy so much as a new suit."

He added: "The money, all of it, is fully accountable."

Major Tim Craig-Harvey, a former Army officer who worked on the investigation with Halligen, said: "The gist of the story was that Halligen was a conman, that he had stolen funds, that nothing had been delivered and that the contract had been cancelled."

He added: "He went into, I think it was PNC bank in (Washington) DC and drew out a hundred thousand dollars at a time (and) stuffed it in his pocket.

Major Tim Craig-Harvey, a former Army officer who worked on the investigation with Halligen, said: "The gist of the story was that Halligen was a conman, that he had stolen funds, that nothing had been delivered and that the contract had been cancelled."

He added: "He went into, I think it was PNC bank in (Washington) DC and drew out a hundred thousand dollars at a time (and) stuffed it in his pocket.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/03/madeileine-mccann-conman-denies-lavish-lifestyle_n_5435809.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D268857

Should make very interesting veiwing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 03.06.14 11:49

03 June 2014
A conman who set up a firm to hunt for Madeleine McCann has denied allegations that he funded a lavish lifestyle using cash donated by the public.

Kevin Halligen's Washington-based company received around £300,000 from backers of Kate and Gerry McCann but his contract was terminated early and he was later convicted of fraud in the US on a separate matter.

The McCanns used the Irish national's firm Oakley International for around six months to look for their missing daughter.

The £500,000 contract saw the firm hire private detectives, set up a hotline and process information.

But the McCanns terminated the arrangement without paying the full fees because Halligen, from Surrey, apparently failed to fulfil certain agreements.

In an interview for Channel 5 documentary The McCanns And The Conman, Halligen denied claims that he misused money raised to find Madeleine.

It has been claimed that he spent the money on first class travel, luxury hotel suites and a chauffeur.

He said: "It is gross distortion of what was actually happening.

"The print media in particular took this line that really nothing was being done, I was living the high life on the proceeds of the McCann case.

"That was the last anyone saw of him."

But Halligen denied that he left the country without telling anybody.

"(I) didn't vanish. Everybody knew I was going to Rome," he insisted.

"It has also been reported that I was going to Rome for a holiday with this hot young lady. Untrue. This myth that I vanished off to Rome and spent everybody's money is exactly that, a myth."

Halligen pleaded guilty at an American court last year to defrauding Dutch company Trafigura of £1.3 million after claiming he needed funds to secure the release of two business executives who were arrested in the Ivory Coast.

He is said to have spent the cash on a lavish lifestyle, including a mansion in Virginia, US.

Mr Halligen was arrested at Old Bank hotel in Oxford in 2009 where he was staying for several months under an assumed name and had run up a £5,000 bill.

:: The McCanns And The Conman airs tomorrow night at 9pm on Channel 5.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/republic-of-ireland/man-denies-maddy-search-cash-con-30323620.html

canada12

Activity : 1697

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 03.06.14 14:37

Thanks Cherry and Canada for the information.

I suspect this programme will be a "revelation moment" for some  titter 
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 04.06.14 21:01

just a reminder this programme is just starting now on channel 5
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 21:10

So far, Halligen is coming out well IMO.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh 04.06.14 21:11

That Williams efit.  Wtf did that come from? Never seen before
Shhh

Activity : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 21:18

@Shhh wrote:That Williams efit.  Wtf did that come from? Never seen before

Me neither!

It would appear the witness who helped with the e-fit went directly to Halligen.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 04.06.14 21:22

im not finding this comfortable viewing tbh , have they even got permission to show these photos of people that they had under surveillance  especially the ones of children they have taken if I was a parent and I was sat watching this and my childs picture came up I would be furious
frost

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_burton 04.06.14 21:23

This program is utter BS, channel 5 might as well be telling fairy tales
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 04.06.14 21:26

just more or less called jane tanner a liar
frost

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 21:26

Oh dear! Jane Tanner was secretly recorded by Halligen and was then discounted as a credible witness.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh 04.06.14 21:27

Just outed JT as an unreliable witness
Shhh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh 04.06.14 21:27

@frost wrote:im not finding this comfortable viewing tbh , have they even got permission to show these photos of people that they had under surveillance  especially the ones of children they have taken if I was a parent and I was sat watching this and my childs picture came up I would be furious
Totally agree
Shhh

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 21:27

@phil_burton wrote:This program is utter BS, channel 5 might as well be telling fairy tales

Seems like we're watching different programmes.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_burton 04.06.14 21:29

Well to us they've called her a liar, but why didn't they mention she'd already positively IDed another man - Murat - before positively IDing someone else who looks nothing like Murat!

Leaving entire chunks of facts out make me wonder about the purpose of the program.
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum