The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 15 Mm11

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 15 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 15 Mm11

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 15 Regist10

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 15 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by biggles 24.05.14 20:22

@canada12, @daffodil

Maybe there is no body.. perhaps it was cremated? That would explain why gerry is so confident that the body will not be found. I'm sure I remember reading about a vetinary in the PDL area that the body could have been taken to for the purposes of cremation, or was that discounted? Did I imagine that maybe? Agree with the freezer hypothesis.
biggles

Activity : 86

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 15 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by aiyoyo 24.05.14 20:26

PeterMac wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
[color=#0066ff] [i]I agree.
She must have been taken to quite some distance away outside PdL.
Likely to an isolated hilly area with gully / ditch where she was half-buried-half-hidden without aid of a digging tool.  
Or to a freezer. Far safer than half buried.
Also some distance away from PdL.  But not very far.

And all done in the time it takes for a Ruptured Achilles Tendon to heal (with miraculous intervention )

Freezer means having to involve another person outside of the group.
Very risky to involve outsider in such a secret.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.05.14 20:28

Andrew77R wrote:I reckon Murat had access to the right tools.

Imo.

They had a gardener didn't they?   But I keep going in circles in my mind with this question.

If they prepared before 3rd May where could they have kept and bought such tools?   They had no car so would have to be purchased locally.  Then where did they keep them, obviously not in the flat.

After 3rd May surely with such publicity K or G couldn't have bought such things without being recognised.

Unless (all I can think) it was somewhere on their trip to Spain in the car and someone who accompanied them shopped for them?

Someone local possibly could have supplied them, the villas they moved in to possibly had them accessible, but this would have required so much planning and availability.

OK ignore me, maybe it is an unanswerable question.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.05.14 20:36

Bit harsh that Mods. Heard and read a lot worse on here.

Apologies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 24.05.14 20:38

biggles wrote:@canada12, @daffodil

Maybe there is no body.. perhaps it was cremated? That would explain why gerry is so confident that the body will not be found. I'm sure I remember reading about a vetinary in the PDL area that the body could have been taken to for the purposes of cremation, or was that discounted? Did I imagine that maybe? Agree with the freezer hypothesis.

The pet crematorium. Yes it was discounted by the PJ.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 24.05.14 21:45

aiyoyo wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
Likely to an isolated hilly area with gully / ditch where she was half-buried-half-hidden without aid of a digging tool.  

And all done in the time it takes for a Ruptured Achilles Tendon to heal (with miraculous intervention )

Unless he`s a local that can be blackmailed.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 24.05.14 22:11

Someone,correct me if I'm wrong here, but I have in mind that Roman Catholics do not practice cremation? 
or?
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 24.05.14 22:14

lj wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:The poster talked of their being called Kate and Gerry "today". This is what was said:

utahagen wrote:Stillsloppingout wrote: "...but when you have SY calling [the McCanns] by their Christian names today by there Christian names..."

My post was obviously in response to that, since I referred to the Met's website - which reports the most recent press briefing, or whatever it was.

I am not talking about - or interested in - what they may have been called in the past. I am interested in what they are being referred to at the moment by the police officers connected to the investigation now.

ETA: I posted the link to the Met piece elsewhere on this forum, when I made this point earlier, but I can't find it now.

ETA: I found it:

http://content.met.police.uk/News/Update-on-Madeleine-McCann-disappearance/1400024170613/1257246745756

No mention of "Kate and Gerry" there. They are clearly and publicly referred to as "Mr and Mrs McCann".

Ah, that's it. You convinced me, they will be arresting Kate & Gerry  uh the pathetic parents.

That wasn't my point, but never mind .....

nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.05.14 22:29

NickE wrote:
Someone,correct me if I'm wrong here, but I have in mind that Roman Catholics do not practice cremation? 
They are not supposed to tell LIES either.
Shutters,
Point of Entry,
Curtains,
Last Photo
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atomic Peanut 24.05.14 22:51

Tony Bennett wrote:@ Atomic Peanut

May I sugest you get fully educated about the extent of police corruption in the UK in recent decades before trying to repeatedly insist that all British detectives are honest.
Saying that they can't all be dishonest isn't the same thing as saying that they're all honest.

The chance of all 37 NSY staff involved in this case being dishonest seems unlikely on grounds of probability if nothing else.
Atomic Peanut

Activity : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.05.14 22:59

Woofer wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

I can guess who you'd in mind; but why would he want to earn blood money? It makes no sense !

Besides....how did this idea of a freezer come about ? I thought it was a forum myth.

Freezer was never mentioned in police files. Metal sheet was mentioned on 3As by L'eau Froide.
It was said her body might not have been transported in the car but stuff in contact with her body were.
A thawing body would leave copious fluids trail than the minuscule that was found.
Speculating here - had she been left somewhere cold still in the blue bag, and blue bag not buried with her as too bulky and not biodegradable and the blue bag placed in car boot to be taken farther away for discarding then a damp bag could leave fluid in minuscule amount.

Personally I don't see them involving a relative outsider in their secret; else why throw him under the bus, angering him and risk all sorts.

Some believed he was paid off for his silence but I think he was compensated well for agreeing not to sue those who fingered him.
He might have known some of them and had helped them in an inadvertently indirect way but I doubt he was in the know.
Had they involved him they will always be at his mercy in future, Plus there is no guarantee he would keep to his side of the bargain even after bought his silence.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 24.05.14 23:41

Just finished at the soap awards, Nobody [ snapper ] has been over to Portugal  [its more agencys atm ] , and the street paps before 10pm are actually quite nice ,its the idiots later that are the problem .

Catching up . a poster states that i assumed SY called the McCanns Gerry and Kate . If they read again i quickly amend the post a few pages later . but even so, they are on first name terms .

Which leads to the Blacksmith  site . his latest post is trying to question wether celebrity effects the minds of people , not just lay fans but right to the very top . well i am in a position to answer that . the answer is a resounding yes .
I have been in a position to see how ' celebrity " affects people for nearly 20 years .

One of my last posts mentions Ian Watkins; three Police forces refused to charge him, or even take the claims against him serious because it would damage his career . the Babyshambles post he writes ,is re the death at a party he [ Doherty ]  was in attendance of [ where it is alleged the reporter who died, was arguing with the singer shortly before he was thrown to his death , nobody has ever been charged ]

The reason is a new psychosis , its like the Stockholme syndrome , it has not been defined yet, but it allows " names ' get away with varying degrees of discrepancies ' and the pay off for the person in authority is [ which Blacksmith cannot grasp / or understand ] they get kudos from not doing a disservice to a celebrity , so they can for example say to friends , l met X celebrity today he was parked on double yellows i didn't give him a ticket . thus they gain power over the name , which give the person for a few moments equal power as the celebrity . if they did the opposite the kudos is not gained , thus the story is weakened .

The McCann's as i say are celebrity's , [ anything on the box these days is ] they are in paper terms B list, as they will always make a paper unlike most soap stars, even Judges are caught up by celebrity [ Leverson ], as they don't see that many in the dock .[ forget this current witch hunt . ]

Remember the last famous one that the Judge got all starry eyed for  was Archer with his " Fragrant wife " . 

Police will mostly ask a name for an autograph rather than do them for speeding etc . thirty years ago the opposite applied .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 24.05.14 23:43

NickE wrote:

or?

You're wrong on this one Nicke. I was at the cremation of my 85 year old aunt last week. She was a staunch Catholic and always wanted to be cremated and she got her wish. The Priest acted the same as if it was a burial.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soapy 25.05.14 0:11

Is it possible to destroy/dispose of a body as well as can be done in a proper cremation? For example, what temperature is required to destroy bone or render it to ashes? Could a body be sliced up so small as to be dispersed in a field or mixed with peat or spread at sea? Would a weighted body dropped somewhere in water be effective? Are there other ways to confidently or effectively dispose of a body, with or without professional people or gadgets? Could any of these or other possibilities be being pursued by authorities in the current search/proposed digging phase? I find it hard to see some of these being done by family and hard to see how the risk of involving others would be taken, though the former seems more likely if performed by someone with the right temperament and a realistic view of what the future might hold if it wasn’t done.
1soapy

Activity : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 25.05.14 0:17

stillsloppingout wrote:Just finished at the soap awards, Nobody [ snapper ] has been over to Portugal  [its more agencys atm ] , and the street paps before 10pm are actually quite nice ,its the idiots later that are the problem .

Catching up . a poster states that i assumed SY called the McCanns Gerry and Kate . If they read again i quickly amend the post a few pages later . but even so, they are on first name terms .

Which leads to the Blacksmith  site . his latest post is trying to question wether celebrity effects the minds of people , not just lay fans but right to the very top . well i am in a position to answer that . the answer is a resounding yes .
I have been in a position to see how ' celebrity " affects people for nearly 20 years .

One of my last posts mentions Ian Watkins; three Police forces refused to charge him, or even take the claims against him serious because it would damage his career . the Babyshambles post he writes ,is re the death at a party he [ Doherty ]  was in attendance of [ where it is alleged the reporter who died, was arguing with the singer shortly before he was thrown to his death , nobody has ever been charged ]

The reason is a new psychosis , its like the Stockholme syndrome , it has not been defined yet, but it allows " names ' get away with varying degrees of discrepancies ' and the pay off for the person in authority is [ which Blacksmith cannot grasp / or understand ] they get kudos from not doing a disservice to a celebrity , so they can for example say to friends , l met X celebrity today he was parked on double yellows i didn't give him a ticket . thus they gain power over the name , which give the person for a few moments equal power as the celebrity . if they did the opposite the kudos is not gained , thus the story is weakened .

The McCann's as i say are celebrity's , [ anything on the box these days is ] they are in paper terms B list, as they will always make a paper unlike most soap stars, even Judges are caught up by celebrity [ Leverson ], as they don't see that many in the dock .[ forget this current witch hunt . ]

Remember the last famous one that the Judge got all starry eyed for  was Archer with his " Fragrant wife " . 

Police will mostly ask a name for an autograph rather than do them for speeding etc . thirty years ago the opposite applied .
Can you say what the  journos you know make of this case?
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 25.05.14 0:31

1soapy wrote:Is it possible to destroy/dispose of a body as well as can be done in a proper cremation? For example, what temperature is required to destroy bone or render it to ashes? Could a body be sliced up so small as to be dispersed in a field or mixed with peat or spread at sea? Would a weighted body dropped somewhere in water be effective? Are there other ways to confidently or effectively dispose of a body, with or without professional people or gadgets? Could any of these or other possibilities be being pursued by authorities in the current search/proposed digging phase? I find it hard to see some of these being done by family and hard to see how the risk of involving others would be taken, though the former seems more likely if performed by someone with the right temperament and a realistic view of what the future might hold if it wasn’t done.

I'm willing to consider cremation as a very good way to dispose of a small body. The tricky part is having a fire hot enough to render the entire body into ashes, considering how much of our body is water. The solution is to "mummify" the body beforehand, as the ancient Egyptians did. By placing it in sand. Within about 40 days, all of the moisture has left the body and you're left with a dried out shell. You can hasten this process by removing some of the vital inside parts (organs, etc), so it's just the shell of the body and the bones and muscles left. The dried out shell can then easily be cremated - not necessarily in a crematorium. Think of the ways you could burn something to render it into ashes... an outdoor barbecue... a campfire...

I still believe a freezer or fridge played a very important part in the process at some point, to perhaps allow a delay before transfer and / or other processes were undertaken.

But mummification by sand - especially in a place like PDL, which is beside the ocean and has unlimited sand available - should be considered. And not necessarily burial in the sand at the beach. Burial in sand in a container would work just as well.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 25.05.14 0:51

aiyoyo wrote:
Woofer wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

I can guess who you'd in mind; but why would he want to earn blood money?  It makes no sense !

Besides....how did this idea of a freezer come about ?  I thought it was a forum myth.

Freezer was never mentioned in police files.  Metal sheet was mentioned on 3As by L'eau Froide.
It was said her body might not have been transported in the car but stuff in contact with her body were.
A thawing body would leave copious fluids trail than the minuscule that was found.  
Speculating here - had she been left somewhere cold still in the blue bag, and blue bag not buried with her as too bulky and not biodegradable and the blue bag placed in car boot to be taken farther away for discarding then a damp bag could leave fluid in minuscule amount.

Personally I don't see them involving a relative outsider in their secret; else why throw him under the bus, angering him and risk all sorts.

Some believed he was paid off for his silence but I think he was compensated well for agreeing not to sue those who fingered him.
He might have known some of them and had helped them in an inadvertently indirect way but I doubt he was in the know.
Had they involved him they will always be at his mercy in future, Plus there is no guarantee he would keep to his side of the bargain even after bought his silence.

I agree he could be a liability in respect of keeping quiet, but I was thinking along the lines of what was on his computer and obviously what he was `into` - its enough for him to be putty in anyone`s hands. 
I know there`s nothing in the files but GA reckons on freezing.  This wouldn`t mean frozen solid - it would just mean keeping at a temperature low enough to slow down decomposition as in the morgue.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soapy 25.05.14 1:17

So an ordinary BBQ or tin oil barrel (like picketers use) could generate enough heat to powder bones? Wow. I can see how a freezer, (to delay) followed by cremation or other option could work.

Not so sure about sand. If you have the Sahara desert in an area without much wind and a pinpoint satnav to go back to it, then yes. But I’d imagine it too risky on a beach or even to remove a large amount of sand to put, say in a box. I may be underestimating the deserted space available that is unlikely to be uncovered by a person, dog, police, amateur investigators or the elements though.

And if this wasn't all pre-planned, it would explain, in the simplest terms, a scenario which seems pretty safe in the time frame given for planning it.
1soapy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 25.05.14 3:02

Even in crematoriums the heat is not sufficient to turn a whole human body into ash.

The bones and teeth will remain in parts and have to be ground down in a cremulator  before being placed in the urn.

This is how bodies are often indentified after being burnt either via an accident or to cover up evidence of a crime.

There are sufficient bones to assist with DNA and teeth which are the hardest parts of the body and would remain intact even after cremation unless  ground down using a cremulator.

If they cremated Maddie, there would be evidence such as her teeth left at the site

http://science.howstuffworks.com/cremation.htm

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soapy 25.05.14 3:49

I imagined it would take some serious heat to bring bone to ashes (beyond the BBQ type heat) and I would also imagine teeth would be the most difficult to break down, but I would assume that they would be easy to remove and dispose of or even keep. Is there an acid or chemical that could melt bone? There is a European doctor who controversially did post-mortem’s live on TV. He made money out of inventing the concept of preserving the blood vessel system by inserting a chemical which then solidified and melted everything else away, thus just leaving the mould of the blood vessels, (like the BBC rabbit warren excavation documentary if you’ve seen that). I think the idea of a body being buried with or amongst animal or human remains (or on a dump or very smelly or contaminated area?) has been discussed elsewhere and this may be going off topic now or needs to find an existing thread. [where/how would you dispose of a body?].
1soapy

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.05.14 3:51

[quote="Woofer"]
I agree he could be a liability in respect of keeping quiet, but I was thinking along the lines of what was on his computer and obviously what he was `into` - its enough for him to be putty in anyone`s hands. 

He'd no reason to be concerned about his PC contents since he did not reckon to be given a going over caused by an unfortunate identity mishap.  That goes to show had he been involved in their criminality he would have deleted the contents just in case.

I know there`s nothing in the files but GA reckons on freezing.  This wouldn`t mean frozen solid - it would just mean keeping at a temperature low enough to slow down decomposition as in the morgue.

I dont remember reading GA reckons on a freezer.  From the fluids the conclusion was she had been kept in temperature that slows down decomposition, assuming refrigeration type temperature, but no specific was given as to the device.
Unless Gerry stumbled upon an empty apt that had a freezer in it, I can't see 'you know who' allowing him to store a dead body in a chiller belonging to him or to someone he knows, or that chiller had to be thrown away after that.

Also you have to wonder why GA did not check out the unoccupied apartments in the vicinity if he'd sussed out about the freezer as storage.

/quote]
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soapy 25.05.14 4:07

Here's a bit on the doctor - an atheist who did a documentary recreating the crucifixion with a real person on a cross. Having looked at it, I think it would be pushing boundaries of imagination if this were a method used, even by doctors, but people get ideas from all sorts of sources, e.g. books, TV, film, dreaming up idea or perhaps just seeing a place and thinking of how something similar could be used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunther_von_Hagens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS2LrU55G3I
http://blogs.btk-fh.de/3dlab/2011/07/28/visiting-the-plastinarium-in-guben/
1soapy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 25.05.14 4:53

PeterMac wrote:

I believe that this remains the most persuasive explanation of all. If GM was looking to hide her body, then the afternoon of the 3rd, dressed in tennis gear and carrying a blue sports bag while walking off his ruptured achilles fits the bill. Leaving aside the tricky "which freezer and whose is it" question - it suggests that Maddie's final resting place will be a LONG way from PdL. The upcoming local 'dig' therefore is either a photo-shoot, or else a search for related items (blue bags / clothing / blankets / toothbrush). Finding Blue Bag would be a genuine breakthrough event, but a bag is quite an easy thing to dispose of. My bet therefore remains on 'photo-shoot' and finding nothing at all of value.

Meanwhile - hopefully the PJ have some theories about the freezer - its location and its ownership. At least one of Blue Bag, body, toothbrush or freezer really has to be found in order for this case to close.

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.05.14 5:40

Bishop Brennan wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

I believe that this remains the most persuasive explanation of all.  If GM was looking to hide her body, then the afternoon of the 3rd, dressed in tennis gear and carrying a blue sports bag while walking off his ruptured achilles fits the bill.   Leaving aside the tricky "which freezer and whose is it" question - it suggests that Maddie's final resting place will be a LONG way from PdL.   The upcoming local 'dig' therefore is either a photo-shoot, or else a search for related items (blue bags / clothing / blankets / toothbrush).  Finding Blue Bag would be a genuine breakthrough event, but a bag is quite an easy thing to dispose of.  My bet therefore remains on 'photo-shoot' and finding nothing at all of value.  

Meanwhile - hopefully the PJ have some theories about the freezer - its location and its ownership.  At least one of Blue Bag, body, toothbrush or freezer really has to be found in order for this case to close.  

Would they need to bring in industrial digger to look for items instead of body?
Those mentioned items are easy to dispose off and would have ended in a land fill long ago.
Chances of finding the body if using phone forensics may be marginally higher than chances of finding those items.
Bringing in ground detection radar, digger, and dogs just for photo shoot is just wasteful of time and money.
About the freezer, if the PJ had an inkling where the freezer could possibly be, would they not have accessed that first before the excavation if it was not already thrown away. The freezer might just be a myth.

But yeah Gerry worked those raptured achilles on the 3rd on his day out of the resort.  He couldn't have gone too far because he made it back in time for purpose.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 25.05.14 6:57

aiyoyo wrote:
lj wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
della70 wrote:According to The Sun is days away .http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5644494/Maddie-arrests-days-away-in-huge-cop-search-in-Portugal.html

I wonder who their source is for that as they state 'arrests days away'.  So are they digging or arresting...or both?!

I'm 99.9% sure it's proberbly rubbish though.

Who of those brilliant SY higher ups said a week or 3 ago they had the names of the suspects?

Police Commissioner isn't it ?

I thought so.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top