The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 14 Mm11

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 14 Mm11

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 14 Regist10

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 14 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest 24.05.14 11:53

@ nobodythereeither

Admirable sentiments in tenor but hardly realistic.  You only need to look briefly at the massive paedophile scandal that's permeated the UK over decades, involving evil people within all the government establishments that are supposed to represent, support and protect the great British public, in particular children.

Have you ever thought there could be a connection here?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 14 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Mirage 24.05.14 12:42

Take a hypothetical situation. Someone goes down the corruption route and gets embroiled in many lies for personal gain and/or advancement.

The situation gets out of control. Someone called A sees what started out as a fail-safe plan has escalated, affecting many people. A becomes frightened and confides to a loved one, B, who, horrified, tries to persuade A to come clean. But B soon sees that they, for it has now become "they", are in too deep.

A plan is hatched for minimal involvement and to distance A and B from the worst of the corruption. It is agreed between them that no advantages must be accepted as it could give them away. In time, it becomes clear that not to accept some form of reward will be seen as suspicious by others in on the corruption - the group. B eventually agrees that accepting the reward is A 's only choice. A hopes that this will be the end of the matter. As does B, for B is now heavily implicated and will be seen by a court to have perverted the course of justice and derived benefit.

But the group have met their own associated difficulties and the game plan shifts. Now, more draconian action is needed to cover tracks and the group come back to A with further instructions. A is frightened by what has been demanded. At a crossroads now, A considers pulling out. But B persuades A they are in too deep.

The group now ask A to proceed with some more activity to safeguard them all. Others in the group do likewise and in the attempt, go far beyond the original plan. A death has occurred. Now A returns to B frightened and wanting to pull out - take the rap for part of the plot and pay the penalty. But B refuses to countenance this.

A and B row. B refuses to take the rap for something he/she was unwittingly drawn into. A detects a distancing by B and fears losing everything. It is clear B has thought out excuses in advance and they sound plausible to A.

Not only is A under threat of being abandoned by B, but it is possible A will go down, maybe taking more of the rap than the group. A sees the only chance of salvation is to carry on. A will certainly face justice and go to prison by confessing. A may also suffer other forms of retribution meted out by the group.
---------------------------------

Not hypothetical actually. It is one of the plot lines in the current Happy Valley TV drama. The above is what is happening to Kevin and his wife. Toon in to see if truth will out.

NB: The above is to be seen as a general paradigm; an insight into human behaviour once operating outside the law and in fear of discovery.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 24.05.14 12:54

AFAIK police have to agree & adhere to (if not physically sign) the Official Secrets Act. One of the outcomes of this is that individual officers will be afraid to speak out even AFTER leaving the force.

From Thames Valley Police Cadet Application Form

"
OFFICIAL SECRETS ACT 1922-1989

This document is important-Please read it carefully.

The Official Secrets Act 1911-1989 exist to protect information and other assets relating to security, intelligence, crime, defence or international relations from unauthorised disclosure. During the course of your work on behalf of the Thames Valley Police Service you may come into contact with information or other assets which are protected against disclosure by the Official Secrets Acts. All such assets must be held in the strictest confidence.

• You come into contact with information in a number of ways; you might see or overhear information or plans; you might read information displayed on a notice board or computer screen.

• You commit an offence under the Official Secrets Acts, if without lawful authority, you disclose any information or other article which:

• Results in the commission of an offence; or

• Facilitates an escape from legal custody or any other act prejudicial to the safe, safe keeping of persons in legal custody; or

• Impedes the prevention or detection of offences or the apprehension or prosecution of suspected offenders; or

• Would be likely to have any of these effects.

You also commit an offence if you disclose any information, document or other article obtained under the terms of the Interception of Communications Act 1985 or disclose anything relating to methods used to obtain such information.

The terms of the Official Secrets Act do not just apply to crime. You commit an offence under the Official Secrets Acts if you make a damaging disclosure of any information, document or other article relating to security, intelligence, defence or international relations.

Finally you commit an offence if you fail to take reasonable care of any Thames Valley Police Service assets protected by the Official Secrets Acts or fail to comply with official direction regarding their return or disposal

OFFICIAL SECRETS ACT 1922-1989

This document is important-Please read it carefully.

The Official Secrets Act 1911-1989 exist to protect information and other assets relating to security, intelligence, crime, defence or international relations from unauthorised disclosure. During the course of your work on behalf of the Thames Valley Police Service you may come into contact with information or other assets which are protected against disclosure by the Official Secrets Acts. All such assets must be held in the strictest confidence.

• You come into contact with information in a number of ways; you might see or overhear information or plans; you might read information displayed on a notice board or computer screen.

• You commit an offence under the Official Secrets Acts, if without lawful authority, you disclose any information or other article which:

• Results in the commission of an offence; or

• Facilitates an escape from legal custody or any other act prejudicial to the safe, safe keeping of persons in legal custody; or

• Impedes the prevention or detection of offences or the apprehension or prosecution of suspected offenders; or

• Would be likely to have any of these effects.

You also commit an offence if you disclose any information, document or other article obtained under the terms of the Interception of Communications Act 1985 or disclose anything relating to methods used to obtain such information.

The terms of the Official Secrets Act do not just apply to crime. You commit an offence under the Official Secrets Acts if you make a damaging disclosure of any information, document or other article relating to security, intelligence, defence or international relations.

Finally you commit an offence if you fail to take reasonable care of any Thames Valley Police Service assets protected by the Official Secrets Acts or fail to comply with official direction regarding their return or disposal

I understand this summary of the Official Secrets Acts and that I may be prosecuted if I commit an offence under them. I also understand that these provisions apply after I have ceased to be a Volunteer Police Cadet."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PhohPYGpWWAJ:www.thamesvalley.police.uk/tvpvcc-windsor-maidenhead-application.doc+&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Apologies that it is all spread out on the page- Won't let me squash it up. Can a mod help?

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.05.14 12:57

Personally I'm not on whitewash, if for no other reason to rationalising this belief than the reason that the thoroughness and time consuming pace the MET are working through this just seems too comprehensive for sake of turning out a whitewash result.

For the poster who said 37 police members cannot be coerced or bought into the whitewash, there is no need to involve them (the lower ranks) into the white wash.  Just allocate them tasks as appropriate and as normal and then when it comes to compiling a final report it is done by the Chief-Detective-in-charge, and he alone or his boss can come up with a summary of the findings that suits the agenda of the establishment if they were leaned on to yield up certain outcome.

This is an exceptional case, rendering the review exceptional too, since the 37 officers are not coming in, not seeing or working on a bloody crime scene of violent death where the evidence is obvious for all to see.  
They are doing papers review and then follow ups.  For every set of follow up there will be another set of follow up evidence to counter it,  so it wont be too difficult for person writing up final report to tailor report to requirements if whitewash is ordered.  
But, personally I don't believe that to be the case.  No sense throwing good money to beget a whitewash. Even at status quo prior to review apart from the Mccanns, no one else was at risk of being exposed.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic 24.05.14 13:08

I cant see how this can be whitewashed 1) its atotally different government to when maddie went missing

I have faith in redwoods statement las year

Mr Redwood said the 35-strong Yard team is concentrating on what exactly happened when Madeleine vanished from apartment 5a of the Ocean Club complex at Praia da Luz on the Algarve on May 3, 2007.
“The process is like peeling back layers of an onion,” he said.
“Every hour of our time is designed to get information on the core moment of what happened.”

The question how many over the outer layers have been discarded and how near are they to the core
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 24.05.14 13:15

Gollum wrote:@ nobodythereeither

Admirable sentiments in tenor but hardly realistic.  You only need to look briefly at the massive paedophile scandal that's permeated the UK over decades, involving evil people within all the government establishments that are supposed to represent, support and protect the great British public, in particular children.

Have you ever thought there could be a connection here?

Well, let's wait and see, shall we?

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 24.05.14 13:22

Sceptic wrote:I cant see how this can be whitewashed 1) its atotally different government to when maddie went missing

I have faith in redwoods statement las year

Mr Redwood said the 35-strong Yard team is concentrating on what exactly happened when Madeleine vanished from apartment 5a of the Ocean Club complex at Praia da Luz on the Algarve on May 3, 2007.
“The process is like peeling back layers of an onion,” he said.
“Every hour of our time is designed to get information on the core moment of what happened.”

The question how many over the outer layers have been discarded and how near are they to the core

If someone uses a simile like that, to me it's indicative that he's referring to layers of protection and obfuscation that need to be peeled away to get to the truth. This doesn't seem like whitewash to me. This seems like a keen awareness of everything that's gone on to conceal that core, and a determination to remove those layers one by one until the truth is uncovered.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 24.05.14 13:28

Thanks Gillyspot for the reminder of the Official Secrets Act, although I find it hard to believe that all officers manage to keep everything about a case secret from close family members.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 24.05.14 13:44

Because it makes a lot of sense to add 37 officers to those who already know this case is a farce, any one of whom at any time could go to the papers, write a blog, put it on social media....

And l really don't believe you could not let 37 police officers involved in OP.Grange not know the tapas statements and what work has been done on them to rule them out. Come on!

If the Mccanns are culpable The only way they'll escape justice is if there's still not enough evidence to charge.

Just my thoughts.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 24.05.14 13:51

margaret wrote:Because it makes a lot of sense to add 37 officers to those who already know this case is a farce, any one of whom at any time could go to the papers, write a blog, put it on social media....

And l really don't believe you could not let 37 police officers involved in OP.Grange not know the tapas statements and what work has been done on them to rule them out. Come on!

If the Mccanns are culpable The only way they'll escape justice is if there's still not enough evidence to charge.

Just my thoughts.
I certainly wouldn't risk my job in this day and age by betraying confidential information. Besides - do all the officers really know anything that isn't already available on the internet?
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 24.05.14 14:18

Pershing36 wrote:

"I doubt very much they (police) trawled sites like the mccannfiles for it."
-----------------------------------------------

Actually, i KNOW for a FACT that the UK police DO 'trawl' sites like this forum and 'others'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by TozerDerry 24.05.14 15:19

Mirage wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Atomic Peanut wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:Surely the officers can only process the information they have been given access to or are allowed access too?
Are you suggesting that individual officers aren't the given the authority to think for themselves - ie "outside the box"?

I don't know of any professional detective who wouldn't use the crime scene (presumably, though not necessarily, 5A) as the starting point rather than a catalogue of dodgy people who have potentially committed vaguely related offences. The rest comes later.

With 37 detectives on board, it would only take one to ask the question "why don't we start at 5A and piece the story together in the right direction rather than back-to-front?"

And I'm sure that's what all 37 of them have done, despite what we've read in the media.

Because that's what detectives do.
@ Atomic Peanut

May I sugest you get fully educated about the extent of police corruption in the UK in recent decades before trying to repeatedly insist that all British detectives are honest.

Ahd here's six words to think about:

Hamish Campbell Barry Bulsara Operation Grange
The changing political landscape is the only hope for this country. You only have to dig the tiniest bit now to find this country is routinely fed lies with a smattering of truth to create a veneer of authenticity. The authenticity is the bait that lures you down false paths. It is no accident that  Google will eventually remove records of wrongdoing. Orwellian stuff with the little bit of authenticity (personal choice) to help the pill go down.
Only links will be removed. The original pages will still be available.
TozerDerry

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 24.05.14 15:27

ChippyM wrote:
della70 wrote:According to The Sun is days away .http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5644494/Maddie-arrests-days-away-in-huge-cop-search-in-Portugal.html

I wonder who their source is for that as they state 'arrests days away'.  So are they digging or arresting...or both?!

I'm 99.9% sure it's proberbly rubbish though.

Who of those brilliant SY higher ups said a week or 3 ago they had the names of the suspects?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 24.05.14 15:45

nobodythereeither wrote:The poster talked of their being called Kate and Gerry "today". This is what was said:

utahagen wrote:Stillsloppingout wrote: "...but when you have SY calling [the McCanns] by their Christian names today by there Christian names..."

My post was obviously in response to that, since I referred to the Met's website - which reports the most recent press briefing, or whatever it was.

I am not talking about - or interested in - what they may have been called in the past. I am interested in what they are being referred to at the moment by the police officers connected to the investigation now.

ETA: I posted the link to the Met piece elsewhere on this forum, when I made this point earlier, but I can't find it now.

ETA: I found it:

http://content.met.police.uk/News/Update-on-Madeleine-McCann-disappearance/1400024170613/1257246745756

No mention of "Kate and Gerry" there. They are clearly and publicly referred to as "Mr and Mrs McCann".

Ah, that's it. You convinced me, they will be arresting Kate & Gerry uh the pathetic parents.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.05.14 17:50

PeterMac wrote:Assume for a moment that there are going to be some "digs".
Assume that those digs are going to be anywhere within the precincts of PdL.
This must provide the clearest indication so far that Grange do NOT accept that Madeleine could possibly have been abducted between 9pm and 10pm 3/5/7
It provides the clearest indication to TM (and the T7 and C-R ) that they do not accept a word of what they said.
And that they believe that whoever was responsible for the disposal had ample opportunity and time to do so.

I'm with you that the dig won't be anywhere within precincts of PdL.  On their timeline it just impossible for abduction to have happened, or burial job around the precincts.  
I believe Maddie must have died earlier than 3rd and was taken away inside the blue bag by Gerry alone for disposal during daylight of 3rd way.  He must have dumped the body in a safe distance from search team and search dogs before they raised the alarm.

(and to spell it out for the pro-child-neglecters who stalk the site - THERE WAS NO TIME TO DIG A GRAVE in the McCanns' time line.  You cannot move half a tonne of soil, let alone bedrock, between the time of Gerry's last sighting and the balloon going up. Quite apart from waiting for the Cadaverine to develop to the point where it can be detected )

Now assume that the "digs" are going to take place some little way outside PdL.
The same argument surely applies.
By the following morning there was at least one helicopter fluttering around, the hills were alive with the sound of PJ, we even have film of them patrolling the immediately surrounding hills on horses.

I agree.
She must have been taken to quite some distance away outside PdL.
Likely to an isolated hilly area with gully / ditch where she was half-buried-half-hidden without aid of a digging tool.  

I believe the evening men's only tennis was just a ruse to give Gerry alibi; at the same time the Tennis ground was used as meeting place for them - for Gerry to update the men on his solo trip out of the resort that day, as well as to finalise plan for rota-check charade, as the neglect creates the alibi for the abduction. I also believe Kate's beach jog was used to signal to the friends that Gerry was back from his dumping trip and that they can head back for the men's tennis evening tennis (first and last time).  

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.05.14 17:52

lj wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
della70 wrote:According to The Sun is days away .http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5644494/Maddie-arrests-days-away-in-huge-cop-search-in-Portugal.html

I wonder who their source is for that as they state 'arrests days away'.  So are they digging or arresting...or both?!

Who of those brilliant SY higher ups said a week or 3 ago they had the names of the suspects?

Police Commissioner isn't it ?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 24.05.14 18:19

aiyoyo wrote:
lj wrote:
ChippyM wrote:

arrests and interviews of suspects are expected in Praia da Luz over the next few weeks. So no arrests  over here then
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.05.14 18:34

aiyoyo wrote:
[color=#0066ff] [i]I agree.
She must have been taken to quite some distance away outside PdL.
Likely to an isolated hilly area with gully / ditch where she was half-buried-half-hidden without aid of a digging tool.  
Or to a freezer. Far safer than half buried.
Also some distance away from PdL. But not very far.

And all done in the time it takes for a Ruptured Achilles Tendon to heal (with miraculous intervention )

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.05.14 19:09

Not being a frequent poster I really hesitate to ask but.......   From where could a person or persons get the tools to bury a body in a short time in that situation?

This is something that has always bothered me.  PM makes the point that the ground is unyielding and rocky thereabouts.   I have (with help) buried 3 beloved dogs in deeply dug graves, but it is backbreaking work and needed the appropriate tools.

Just a question I hope somebody can suggest an answer to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 24.05.14 19:13

daffodil wrote:Not being a frequent poster I really hesitate to ask but.......   From where could a person or persons get the tools to bury a body in a short time in that situation?

This is something that has always bothered me.  PM makes the point that the ground is unyielding and rocky thereabouts.   I have (with help) buried 3 beloved dogs in deeply dug graves, but it is backbreaking work and needed the appropriate tools.

Just a question I hope somebody can suggest an answer to.

I agree with PM above - not buried right away at all, but put into a freezer until such time that an appropriate final resting place could be scouted / arranged / prepared. Possibly moved more than once - in all liklihood several times - and IF Madeleine is buried within the PDL general area, then the burial site might have been prepared over a period of time, not all at once, in the same way the tunnels were dug during The Great Escape - under cover and not at all obviously, perhaps the grave concealed cleverly until the deed was done, and then perhaps concealed again.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.05.14 19:20

@ canada12

Oh I agree with PM that the body must have been kept, probably frozen somewhere, and disposed of at a later time.

The point I was raising was how does one get the tools to dig a grave whilst on holiday in a foreign country? It cannot be done with a dessertspoon.
If the tools were purchased surely that could be traced? Purchased and then disposed of I imagine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 24.05.14 19:42

Markus 2 wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
lj wrote:
ChippyM wrote:

arrests and interviews of suspects are expected in Praia da Luz over the next few weeks. So no arrests  over here then
 So has anyone here able to read the article?  who is the source. sounds like Mc bullcrap.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 24.05.14 19:59

daffodil wrote:@  canada12

Oh I agree with PM that the body must have been kept, probably frozen somewhere, and disposed of at a later time.

The point I was raising was how does one get the tools to dig a grave whilst on holiday in a foreign country?   It cannot be done with a dessertspoon.
If the tools were purchased surely that could be traced?   Purchased and then disposed of I imagine.

You would purchase them in cash though, and use a shop in a small village hopefully without CCTV. And if you saw a spade or pickaxe abandoned in the countryside you could assume it had fallen off a van or it was the land owners.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.05.14 20:04

margaret wrote:
daffodil wrote:@  canada12

The point I was raising was how does one get the tools to dig a grave whilst on holiday in a foreign country?   It cannot be done with a dessertspoon.
If the tools were purchased surely that could be traced?   Purchased and then disposed of I imagine.

You would purchase them in cash though, and use a shop in a small village hopefully without CCTV.  And if you saw a spade or pickaxe abandoned in the countryside you could assume it had fallen off a van or it was the land owners.

Or borrow tools?  Perhaps from a friendly neighbour.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.05.14 20:16

Deleted. Naming people and accusing them even if it is your opinion is still libellous. Please be careful how things are worded and posted

Imo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top