The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Kate's Mates

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by missbeetle on 20.05.14 15:22



Gingery hair, rabbity teeth and a flat bridge to her nose...?
avatar
missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Markus 2 on 20.05.14 15:49

So who is likely to have  photos of kate at this age, only her family  cant think she would want them released, so   who is making up the fake images.

Markus 2

Posts : 393
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 16:01

@missbeetle wrote:

Gingery hair, rabbity teeth and a flat bridge to her nose...?

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 16:04

Dunno how to put two pics next to each other here.
I'd like to see that memorial day pic of Kate, jeans, trainers and cardy in hand, next to the tennis pic.
Same 'twisted' way of standing. Feet and hip. Could be a learned thing of course.
It might be nice to see those side by side.

parapono
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Mirage on 20.05.14 16:08

Clay Regazzoni wrote: 
@missbeetle wrote:

Gingery hair, rabbity teeth and a flat bridge to her nose...?

You are being very naughty today. Don't think I haven't noticed.   laughat

Mirage

Posts : 1904
Reputation : 757
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Cristobell on 20.05.14 17:12

@missbeetle wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Nicky Gill and Michelle Thompson (Jon Corner's Mrs) have very similar rogatory statements. 

Both claim to have known Kate from their first day of school (36 years previously), in Nicky's case, it was her first day at 'primary' school, Michelle calls it 'nursery' school.

Both have Kate as Godmother to one of their children.

Both have almost identical final paragraphs to their rogatory statements.
I was reading the statements of the family and friends who flew out to assist the McCanns in PDL - it made for some pretty bizarre reading.  Kate and Gerry wanted them them out there, of that there was no doubt, each when receiving frantic phone call, 'do you want me to come out there' - K&G 'yes'.  Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins (and their children), bridesmaids and a priest.  All rushed to the assistance of Kate and Gerry in the sunny Algarve, where it appears Warners provided them with apartments.  Some went several times, the cost of flights seems to have been no object.  On one occasion Michael Wright (media monitor) flew out there just to accompany Kate and the children back to the UK for a family event.  

I wonder if the flights were courtesy of the airline or perhaps Warners in their efforts to appease the furious pair.  Sandy Cameron says in his statement that Warners supplied the hire car, as up until he arrived Gerry and Kate were being chauffered by Warners' staff.  Staff from Warners also met the endless stream of McCanns and Healys as they arrived at the airport, so in all probability Warners were probably footing the bill for everything.  They certainly supplied the psychologist and the McCanns first spokesman.  Others who went out there, were probably attracted by the pound signs.

This case, without a doubt, is filled with some of the strangest things we have ever seen and exposed the co-operation between the media and parliament and the police in concocting fabricated news stories to cover up the death of an innocent 3 year old.  Great Britain hang your head in shame.

But I have gone off on a tangent, I think the family and friends descending on PDL, is one of the weirdest things in this case.  Would they all have rushed to Rothley and stayed at the B&B's there if the abduction had happened in the UK?  Would they have given up 3 months of their lives to take care of the McCann twins whilst the parents visited the Pope and the Whitehouse?   Has there ever been a tragedy in the world where the victims insisted on staying on indefinitely, flying their family and friends out with them for support?  If Madeleine had vanished while they were at the beach, or in a cafe, indeed, in any other circumstances than from a Warners apartment, would the family have stayed on and invited everyone they knew to come and join them?

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by juliet on 20.05.14 17:26

Who was the friend who Kate phoned to deal with the grocery delivery to Rothley on, iirc, Sat May 5? One thing about Fr Seddon's visit is he more or less admits the family had no time for him - but he thinks they drew strength from him smiling in their direction...
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Mirage on 20.05.14 17:35

@Cristobell wrote:
@missbeetle wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Nicky Gill and Michelle Thompson (Jon Corner's Mrs) have very similar rogatory statements. 

Both claim to have known Kate from their first day of school (36 years previously), in Nicky's case, it was her first day at 'primary' school, Michelle calls it 'nursery' school.

Both have Kate as Godmother to one of their children.

Both have almost identical final paragraphs to their rogatory statements.
I was reading the statements of the family and friends who flew out to assist the McCanns in PDL - it made for some pretty bizarre reading.  Kate and Gerry wanted them them out there, of that there was no doubt, each when receiving frantic phone call, 'do you want me to come out there' - K&G 'yes'.  Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins (and their children), bridesmaids and a priest.  All rushed to the assistance of Kate and Gerry in the sunny Algarve, where it appears Warners provided them with apartments.  Some went several times, the cost of flights seems to have been no object.  On one occasion Michael Wright (media monitor) flew out there just to accompany Kate and the children back to the UK for a family event.  

I wonder if the flights were courtesy of the airline or perhaps Warners in their efforts to appease the furious pair.  Sandy Cameron says in his statement that Warners supplied the hire car, as up until he arrived Gerry and Kate were being chauffered by Warners' staff.  Staff from Warners also met the endless stream of McCanns and Healys as they arrived at the airport, so in all probability Warners were probably footing the bill for everything.  They certainly supplied the psychologist and the McCanns first spokesman.  Others who went out there, were probably attracted by the pound signs.

This case, without a doubt, is filled with some of the strangest things we have ever seen and exposed the co-operation between the media and parliament and the police in concocting fabricated news stories to cover up the death of an innocent 3 year old.  Great Britain hang your head in shame.

But I have gone off on a tangent, I think the family and friends descending on PDL, is one of the weirdest things in this case.  Would they all have rushed to Rothley and stayed at the B&B's there if the abduction had happened in the UK?  Would they have given up 3 months of their lives to take care of the McCann twins whilst the parents visited the Pope and the Whitehouse?   Has there ever been a tragedy in the world where the victims insisted on staying on indefinitely, flying their family and friends out with them for support?  If Madeleine had vanished while they were at the beach, or in a cafe, indeed, in any other circumstances than from a Warners apartment, would the family have stayed on and invited everyone they knew to come and join them?

They'd organised quite an extended holiday for themselves according to this, Cristobell. Finding MBM almost sounds like a worst case scenario that might put the family plans in jeopardy according to this entry:

From Day 52 24/06/2007 of Gerry's Blog:

"We picked the twins up early from the kids club and had a really nice afternoon with them, playing with some new toys and then down at the pool.
If Madeleine is not found in the next couple of weks (sic) we need to move out of the  appartment (sic) we have been staying in as the family is coming out for a holiday. I have to say the owners have been extremely understanding, as they came to Praia da Luz for a holiday and relocated to another apartment to save us moving again."

-------------------
The word "holiday" would not even enter my vocabulary in this situation. Utterly contemptible.

Mirage

Posts : 1904
Reputation : 757
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by wicksy on 20.05.14 17:37

@juliet wrote:Who was the friend who Kate phoned to deal with the grocery delivery to Rothley on, iirc, Sat May 5? One thing about Fr Seddon's visit is he more or less admits the family had no time for him - but he thinks they drew strength from him smiling in their direction...
I believe it was Janet Kennedy, her aunt who also lives in Rothley.

wicksy

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Mirage on 20.05.14 17:38

@juliet wrote:Who was the friend who Kate phoned to deal with the grocery delivery to Rothley on, iirc, Sat May 5? One thing about Fr Seddon's visit is he more or less admits the family had no time for him - but he thinks they drew strength from him smiling in their direction...
Auntie Janet, I believe - wife of Uncle Brian (Kennedy). And are they not parents of a son who was the boyfriend of MBM's nursery teacher who later married? The one who gave a statement to Leics police in April 2008 as discussed earlier in the thread.

Mirage

Posts : 1904
Reputation : 757
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by aquila on 20.05.14 17:41

@Mirage wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@missbeetle wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Nicky Gill and Michelle Thompson (Jon Corner's Mrs) have very similar rogatory statements. 

Both claim to have known Kate from their first day of school (36 years previously), in Nicky's case, it was her first day at 'primary' school, Michelle calls it 'nursery' school.

Both have Kate as Godmother to one of their children.

Both have almost identical final paragraphs to their rogatory statements.
I was reading the statements of the family and friends who flew out to assist the McCanns in PDL - it made for some pretty bizarre reading.  Kate and Gerry wanted them them out there, of that there was no doubt, each when receiving frantic phone call, 'do you want me to come out there' - K&G 'yes'.  Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins (and their children), bridesmaids and a priest.  All rushed to the assistance of Kate and Gerry in the sunny Algarve, where it appears Warners provided them with apartments.  Some went several times, the cost of flights seems to have been no object.  On one occasion Michael Wright (media monitor) flew out there just to accompany Kate and the children back to the UK for a family event.  

I wonder if the flights were courtesy of the airline or perhaps Warners in their efforts to appease the furious pair.  Sandy Cameron says in his statement that Warners supplied the hire car, as up until he arrived Gerry and Kate were being chauffered by Warners' staff.  Staff from Warners also met the endless stream of McCanns and Healys as they arrived at the airport, so in all probability Warners were probably footing the bill for everything.  They certainly supplied the psychologist and the McCanns first spokesman.  Others who went out there, were probably attracted by the pound signs.

This case, without a doubt, is filled with some of the strangest things we have ever seen and exposed the co-operation between the media and parliament and the police in concocting fabricated news stories to cover up the death of an innocent 3 year old.  Great Britain hang your head in shame.

But I have gone off on a tangent, I think the family and friends descending on PDL, is one of the weirdest things in this case.  Would they all have rushed to Rothley and stayed at the B&B's there if the abduction had happened in the UK?  Would they have given up 3 months of their lives to take care of the McCann twins whilst the parents visited the Pope and the Whitehouse?   Has there ever been a tragedy in the world where the victims insisted on staying on indefinitely, flying their family and friends out with them for support?  If Madeleine had vanished while they were at the beach, or in a cafe, indeed, in any other circumstances than from a Warners apartment, would the family have stayed on and invited everyone they knew to come and join them?

They'd organised quite an extended holiday for themselves according to this, Cristobell. Finding MBM almost sounds like a worst case scenario that might put the family plans in jeopardy according to this entry:

From Day 52 24/06/2007 of Gerry's Blog:

"We picked the twins up early from the kids club and had a really nice afternoon with them, playing with some new toys and then down at the pool.
If Madeleine is not found in the next couple of weks (sic) we need to move out of the  appartment (sic) we have been staying in as the family is coming out for a holiday. I have to say the owners have been extremely understanding, as they came to Praia da Luz for a holiday and relocated to another apartment to save us moving again
."

-------------------
The word "holiday" would not even enter my vocabulary in this situation. Utterly contemptible.
Great post Cristobell.

Mirage, I always find Gerry's blogs to be the most demonstrable insight into the essence of himself. If ever I find myself feeling any sympathy for the dynamic duo I take a look at Gerry's blogs and get back on track.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8704
Reputation : 1687
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by wicksy on 20.05.14 17:51

Snap, Mirage! Janet it was. Every little helps.

I think the McCanns did see it as a wonderful freebie for their friends and rellies. Perhaps not even consciously, but I do think they have a massive sense of entitlement. And Mark Warner were in full-on damage limitation mode.

My take is that there was never much of a TM, at least in the first few weeks. More a TG and a TK. Mr had his older brother and sister, able to drop everything and support their wee brother. Ms, as an only one, had to rely more on friends to be on her team.

wicksy

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 18:11

Good post Cristobel. If a child goes missing in the UK you don't see the parents jetting off around the world or going on a European Grand Tour.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by juliet on 20.05.14 18:34

Thank ypu for the name Janet Kennedy! I just read her statement - very interesting not lesst because she says Kate didnt go back to work because so keen on family life until after the twins were one. Yet Amanda Coxon looked after Maddie for 2 days a week before the Mccanns went to Amsterdam. Also more about Kate and her bed rest and her IVF traumas. I am on a phone and can't post statement.
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by dentdelion on 20.05.14 18:47

"If Madeleine is not found in the next couple of weks (sic) we need to move out of the  appartment (sic) we have been staying in as the family is coming out for a holiday. I have to say the owners have been extremely understanding, as they came to Praia da Luz for a holiday and relocated to another apartment to save us moving again"


I understood from this that the family that owned the apartment  were coming for a planned holiday  and wanted use of their own accommodation.   Such arrangements would be common with management companies renting out the flats when not in use by the owners
avatar
dentdelion

Posts : 129
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by tigger on 20.05.14 21:19

@dentdelion wrote:"If Madeleine is not found in the next couple of weks (sic) we need to move out of the  appartment (sic) we have been staying in as the family is coming out for a holiday. I have to say the owners have been extremely understanding, as they came to Praia da Luz for a holiday and relocated to another apartment to save us moving again"


I understood from this that the family that owned the apartment  were coming for a planned holiday  and wanted use of their own accommodation.   Such arrangements would be common with management companies renting out the flats when not in use by the owners

To be fair though the above misinterpretation is very understandable since family members flying out on the 4th didn't forget to pack their cozzies afaik never looked for Maddie and were filmed by Spanish TV happily sitting chatting and laughing on a balcony like any other group of holiday makers.


We've strayed from the interesting information that the 4 rogs overlap with verbatim statements and/ or have an additional denial .
Only one denies Maddie bleeding other than a nosebleed but formulates the denial so that it seems quite possible there were other kinds of bleeding episodes.
Another settles the Calpol question leaving it open if it was given at the nursery.
Nearly all of them get dates wrong and can hardly have been that close to the McCanns.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Monty Heck on 20.05.14 21:51

Apologies if this ends up in multiple versions of the same post - text keeps disappearing due to a computer glitch and happened on another thread earlier this evening. 

The sheer volume of family & friends prepared to ship out to Portugal at a moment's notice to serve no particular purpose can only have been to assist with the PR strategy.  It was like saying "just look how popular this couple are, everyone loves them and will do anything to help so they must be genuinely great people".  Most had nothing to to do but hang around but perhaps that was sufficient in itself.

Monty Heck

Posts : 470
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Caring and sharing in Amsterdam

Post by missbeetle on 22.05.14 12:03

Kate describes her marital apartment in Amsterdam as having one-and-a-half-bedrooms.
 
Pretty cosy with a relay of helpers - friends and family - to stay to help out pregnant Kate with little Madeleine.

Glad to read that they were able give some of the love back to a friend in need...

(Quote from the bewk)

Then the marriage of two very good friends of ours broke down unexpectedly, just before their daughter’s first birthday, and a distressed mother and child came out to stay with us straight afterwards. At the time Gerry described 2004 as our annus horribilis, but if we thought that year was bad, it would pale into insignificance compared with what lay in the future.
McCann, Kate (2011-05-12). Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her (Kindle Locations 546-548). Transworld. Kindle Edition.
 
Hmmm?
avatar
missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by wicksy on 22.05.14 12:21

In 2004, Kate becomes pregnant with twins following successful IVF treatment, their daughter, also conceived through IVF after years of trying for children, turns one, and Gerry takes a research post in Amsterdam which is going to improve his career prospects.

Yep, that sounds like a real annus horribilis.

Hmmm

wicksy

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Taking a stance...

Post by missbeetle on 24.05.14 5:17

parapono wrote:Dunno how to put two pics next to each other here.
I'd like to see that memorial day pic of Kate, jeans, trainers and cardy in hand, next to the tennis pic.
Same 'twisted' way of standing. Feet and hip. Could be a learned thing of course.
It might be nice to see those side by side.

parapono

" />

Sharon Lewin and Linda McQueen are both under the impression Sean and Amelie were born in February 2006...

Hmmm...
avatar
missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Mirage on 24.05.14 9:10

wicksy and missbeetle, I'm wondering if have you stumbled on a year or more's discrepancy in the given d.o.b of the twins between the book and the statements of these women?

I'm afraid I don't have KH1 with me at the moment but I certainly recall reading the IVF treatment in Amsterdam and 2004 sounds about right date-wise from memory. Can anyone shed further light here as this is clearly of importance?

Mirage

Posts : 1904
Reputation : 757
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kate' Dates...

Post by missbeetle on 24.05.14 9:26

On the afternoon of 1 February 2005, Sean and Amelie made their appearance in the world. I was lucky enough to be able to have a ‘ normal ’ delivery . Sean led the way with his head and his sister followed, preferring to flash her bottom first to all and sundry. We were totally taken aback to discover we had a boy, having fully expected two girls. How rubbish were we?
McCann, Kate (2011-05-12). Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her (Kindle Locations 574-577). Transworld. Kindle Edition.
avatar
missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by canada12 on 24.05.14 9:34

I've removed the registration numbers but here's the birth registration info for the twins:

Name Amelie Eve McCann
Mother's Maiden Surname Healy
Date of Registration: Feb 2005
Registration district: Leicester
Inferred County: Leicestershire
Register Number:
District and Subdistrict:
Entry Number:


Name: Sean Michael McCann
Mother's Maiden Surname: Healy
Date of Registration: Feb 2005
Registration district: Leicester
Inferred County: Leicestershire
Register Number:
District and Subdistrict:
Entry Number:

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where have I seen that face before...?

Post by missbeetle on 24.05.14 10:25

" />

Strong family resemblance...
avatar
missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by Mirage on 24.05.14 10:28

Thanks Canada12 and missbeetle.


Mirage

Posts : 1904
Reputation : 757
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum