The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Euclides Monteiro (Tractorman)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Euclides Monteiro (Tractorman)

Post by HelenMeg on 19.05.14 10:00

aquila wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Mirage wrote:I have googled in Portuguese,  "Man dies in freak tractor accident Algarve 2009" and many other permutations, sometimes including the name; sometimes not. I left the year out sometimes too.  Zilch comes up.

Something not ringing right here.

I feel the tractor accident thing is like somebody trying to force a narrative beyond the bounds of credibility and into parody. I mean, the thing shouldn't be and indeed isn't even remotely funny but it does have a comedic ring to it (witness Blackadder's "And I hope your mother dies in a freak yachting accident").

Ernest Hemingway said that all writers should be equipped with a built in shockproof shit detector. I'm no great writer but then clearly neither was the author of this farce or they would have reigned themselves in long before involving tractors, surely?
When the legend becomes bigger than the facts, print the legend.....

and if you're in PR...CREATE the legend.
I can imagine he may have been the type of person that might have been called upon to do a dirty deed. 
If someone did ask him for help, I wonder exactly what they wanted him to do - it would not probably have been anything to do with body disposal - but maybe temporary body storage / to find a contact / cleaning ..

Regarding his tractor accident, we need someone to look in Yahoo Portugues to find details of this. Claudia could tell us.

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.05.14 10:09

HelenMeg wrote:
I can imagine he may have been the type of person that might have been called upon to do a dirty deed. 
If someone did ask him for help, I wonder exactly what they wanted him to do - it would not probably have been anything to do with body disposal - but maybe temporary body storage / to find a contact / cleaning ..

Regarding his tractor accident, we need someone to look in Yahoo Portugues to find details of this. Claudia could tell us.

He could have known Murat - I've openly pondered that on here before - and did know OC staff. He worked there, after all. I'd imagine he was the kind of guy who could get his hands on phones, for instance, no questions asked. It just bugs me immensely that this story again seems to be mutating - first he was killed in a collision between a car and a tractor in Vila Nova de Gaia, now he was run over by a tractor on an unspecified Lagos golf course. It all sounds a bit incredible, if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 19.05.14 10:12

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:

He could have known Murat - I've openly pondered that on here before - and did know OC staff. He worked there, after all. I'd imagine he was the kind of guy who could get his hands on phones, for instance, no questions asked. It just bugs me immensely that this story again seems to be mutating - first he was killed in a collision between a car and a tractor in Vila Nova de Gaia, now he was run over by a tractor on an unspecified Lagos golf course. It all sounds a bit incredible, if you ask me.
Is this a face only a mother could love?

aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.05.14 10:15

Hmmm Clay.....it's beginning to sound like another story whose details have changed substantially over the years and was never true in the first place.

By the way, HelenMeg, who's Claudia? I know one on the Missing Madeleine site but not here. Apologies if it's me having a "hot weather" moment..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.05.14 10:18

aquila wrote:

I've no idea who it is but, that not withstanding, I'm minded to say yes anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.05.14 10:23

Seriously - you don't recognise Clarence Mitchell?

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 19.05.14 10:24

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
aquila wrote:

I've no idea who it is but, that not withstanding, I'm minded to say yes anyway.
There's some bloody ghostly woman passing behind his right shoulder in the photo.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.05.14 10:30

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Seriously - you don't recognise Clarence Mitchell?

Ah-ha! No, not from that photo, evidently.

Are we sure even his mother loves him? Does he even have a mother? Or is she just another fabrication?

That's something I've never understood about these big boy's clubs. I appreciate that the guy apparently has some svengali like mastery that can turn black into white and could make me king of the World, if I so desired.  But if that meant actually spending time in his company? Er, thanks, but no thanks.

I think that's the tragic secret behind freemasonry actually. They're the only friends that will have them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.05.14 10:54

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:

Murat is seemingly a guy that has a few fingers in a few pies. Knows a lot of people and a lot of people know him.

I have heard him being described as a conduit, a fixer.

Now if Murat was brought in to 'fix' a few issues then i'm sure he was smart enough not to get his own hands dirty. 

Certain tasks related to the 'fix' would need to be carried out independently. With no links or comeback whatsoever.

So who could you trust that would do this and get there hands dirty so to speak. No one really but an ex con who has previous and is a drug addict. A petty criminal who needs cash desperately and would do anything for it would appear the best bet. 

So Euclides fits the bill in that sense.

Like i said earlier. Maybe Euclides began to know too much and the tractor was revved up to conclude a suitable solution for all concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 19.05.14 16:28

I think Murat was brought in as a 'fixer'. He was IMO summoned back from England to sort a few things out. I agree that he would get things done that needed local knowledge without
getting his own hands dirty. Euclides was an obvious choice for a couple of jobs.
Was Euclides 'removed from circulation' via a tractor? I really dont know. I wouldn't count that out as I think there's a few ruthless business men in amongst those connected to this case.
But  it is a coincidence that he died and is not able to tell his part of the story to the PJ.
I really am hoping the PJ are getting somewhere

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 19.05.14 16:30

I can imagine that Euclides was paid off and then, especially if he still had a drug habit, he may've started to ask for more which might have led to his downfall. It all sounds a bit incredible yet within the context of the Maddie case, nothing should be seen as incredible. We are talking a massive cover up

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.05.14 16:52

So far as I can make out the accident was in the North of the Country,

The former partner of the suspect, in his forties, was surprised last week when she was notified to be heard by the PJ, in Lagos, in the scope of the inquest that has meanwhile been reopened. A female officer told her that they were investigating the man with whom she had lived with until 2009, the year in which the suspect died in a work accident, with a tractor in Bragança [North of Portugal]

Lots of references to Portuguese papers on Mccannfiles.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 19.05.14 16:58

HelenMeg wrote:I can imagine that Euclides was paid off and then, especially if he still had a drug habit, he may've started to ask for more which might have led to his downfall. It all sounds a bit incredible yet within the context of the Maddie case, nothing should be seen as incredible. We are talking a massive cover up

From article on JM Site posted on this thread:

Monteiro was arrested for 5 years circa 20 years ago for housebreaking and burglary in the area of Albufeira (Algarve) when he was still an addict, since then he overcome his addiction and was never arrested again. 

Watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.05.14 21:51

Thought I'd join the tractor man search..

There were 4 Cape Verdeans in fatal workplace accidents in Portugal in 2009....though no mention of names... but presuming it was a workplace accident and he wasn't driving it around for fun, then he should be one of these 4 people.

mention is made of the Working Conditions Authority and Diário de Notícias. but can't find any more info. at the moment..

http://www.asemana.publ.cv/spip.php?article50812

HOME
ASEMANA
CAPE VERDE
100% PRACTICAL
CULTURE
COMMUNITY

DIASPORA
Four Cape Verdeans killed in work-related accidents in Portugal in 2009[size=11]11 March 2010

[/size]
Of the 116 people who lost their lives in work-related accidents in Portugal throughout 2009, four were Cape Verdean.

Last year, work-related accidents killed 116 people in Portugal, 4% fewer than in 2008 and a figure far lower than the 169 fatal work accidents registered in 2005, according to the country’s Working Condition Authority.

“During the 1990s, work accidents victimized an average of 300 people a year. Legislative changes, greater prevention efforts and the raising of employers’ awareness explain the drop, which has been even sharper over the past two years,” the Authority explained to Portuguese newspaper Diário de Notícias.

The construction sector, despite a small reduction in the number of fatal accidents, continues to show the highest accident rate in the country, with 56 fatal accidents, as opposed to 59 in 2008 and 86 in 2005.

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 19.05.14 22:18

aquila wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
aquila wrote:

There's some bloody ghostly woman passing behind his right shoulder in the photo.
good lord aquila your absolutely right it looks like a ghost..nobody else in the photo apart from him and whoever it may/could be.Looks to me like halve monkey halve human with a a big smiley grin showing it's teeth..

petunia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 6:35

Not that I know much about photography but that's the sort of image you get when someone moves just as a photo is being taken, so it's nothing more sinister (apart from Clarence himself) than a passer-by.

If I hadn't known this was Clarence though, I would have hazarded a guess at Charlie Fairhead from Casualty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/casualty/aps/charlie_fairhead.shtml

Clarence is a much better actor though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 20.05.14 6:51

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Not that I know much about photography but that's the sort of image you get when someone moves just as a photo is being taken, so it's nothing more sinister (apart from Clarence himself) than a passer-by.

If I hadn't known this was Clarence though, I would have hazarded a guess at Charlie Fairhead from Casualty.

It is a skating rink, hence the speedy about to fall over people flashing past. Haha, a second later the grin could have been a  affraid as someone collided into him knocking everything askew  laughat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 9:30

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:

Charlie out of Casualty is an actor?

He's been in it so long I bet the guy who plays him doesn't know where he ends and Charlie begins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 9:32

PeterMac wrote:So far as I can make out the accident was in the North of the Country,

The former partner of the suspect, in his forties, was surprised last week when she was notified to be heard by the PJ, in Lagos, in the scope of the inquest that has meanwhile been reopened. A female officer told her that they were investigating the man with whom she had lived with until 2009, the year in which the suspect died in a work accident, with a tractor in Bragança [North of Portugal]

Lots of references to Portuguese papers on Mccannfiles.

So why does Brendan de Beer think he was run over by a tractor in Lagos? It's certainly got Textusa in a tizzy anyway - not that it takes much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 9:33

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:

Charlie out of Casualty is an actor?

He's been in it so long I bet the guy who plays him doesn't know where he ends and Charlie begins.

big grin 

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum