The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Madeleine's birthday is so hard says mother Kate McCann

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine's birthday is so hard says mother Kate McCann

Post by frost on 11.05.14 11:43

@Pyewacket wrote:
@frost wrote:
@canada12 wrote:There's always the possibility that the PJ have already found Madeleine's remains, and possibly the proof that (IMO) connects her death to Kate and Gerry.

And that they're just going through this process of high-profile advance notice of digging, etc., to see what Kate and Gerry will do and / or say.

If the PJ already have Madeleine's remains and they possibly have proof that Kate and Gerry knew about her death, then K and G just dug a huge hole for themselves by asking the Met to delay digging until after Madeleine's birthday, delivering presents and expressing their mantra that she's still alive.

IMO.

or if not remains perhaps a blue bag a pink blanket and even a toothbrush complete with dna ( the one toothbrush between 3 i think being one of the most unbelievable things to have passed their lips )

One theory I have held for some time regarding the matter of the toothbrush, relates to the deep clean that appears to have been undertaken at Apartment 5A. It is my opinion that a toothbrush was used to scrub the grout between the floor tiles behind the sofa to try and remove the blood.

yes that is my train of thought too toothbrushes are pretty handy at getting to places other brushes just cannot reach I always keep a few old ones in the bathroom just for cleaning purposes

frost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 11.05.14 11:55

Assuming for a minute that the McCanns are telling the truth, that they really don't know where their daughter is, then Madeleine (who in this scenario could possibly still be alive) should be the priority. She should not have to wait an extra day while her parents / family 'celebrate' her birthday. 

I would expect the McCanns to want to move ahead with the searching as soon as possible, only then is it possible they would they know whether Madeleine has died or whether she is still desperately in need of help. Nobody would want to hear the news that their daughter had died but at least it would allow them some peace of mind. To me that would be far more important than sitting around eating birthday cake.  

Plus there is always the possibility that any searches in PdL might reveal some evidence that Madeleine was still alive. In that context, asking the police to delay searches doesn't make much sense.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 11.05.14 11:57

@frost wrote:
@Pyewacket wrote:

One theory I have held for some time regarding the matter of the toothbrush, relates to the deep clean that appears to have been undertaken at Apartment 5A. It is my opinion that a toothbrush was used to scrub the grout between the floor tiles behind the sofa to try and remove the blood.

yes that is my train of thought too toothbrushes are pretty handy at getting to places other brushes just cannot reach I always keep a few old ones in the bathroom just for cleaning purposes

When you add all these little snippets of information together the whole story does seem pretty clear doesn't it?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frost on 11.05.14 12:12

back to the article itself I do worry for the twins and their future they must be so confused at times considering that they probably have no memory of Madeleine herself if they do it will be fleeting . My daughter was 2 when my dad died she admits she cannot remember him and that she only knows who he is through photos etc . 

The twins must feel that they live in Madeleines shadow , the unopened birthday presents , the cake I wonder exactly what they think of this . Do the twins really think that one day the big sister they do not know will come walking through the door straight up to her old bedroom and open the last 7 years birthday and christmas presents ? 

I would have thought for the sake of the twins a quiet day of reflection more suitable perhaps a walk through the countryside  not blowing out candles on a birthday cake . Whatever happens in regards to current events in Portugal I feel the twins will have a difficult time growing up and I so feel for them once they are of an age where they can browse the net freely and can read the whole sorry tale warts and all themselves .

They have probably been protected from most of this up to now , their fellow pupils probably warned not to speak about the case , their circle of friends is probably vetted but there will come a day when they can both just log onto a computer and no amount of shielding them from events over the last 7 years will stop that day from happening . so sad they are innocents in all this just as much as Madeleine .

frost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 11.05.14 12:18

IF SY were truly taking aerial photos to narrow down a search area, they would need time to go back and analyse them and then co-ordinate plans for on the ground. I don't know exactly how long this would take but at least a few days  - which was obviously too great an opportunity to miss by team McCann's PR.

As others have said, no-one in their right minds would want to delay a search for their missing child which could put an end to 7 years of pain and not knowing!
A police force is not going to delay operations at the say so of a victim's family. No doubt many brainless individuals will lap this all up!

They seem so desperate to emphasise they have some clout with the Met and that they know what is going on. Maybe they did beg for them to delay to give them more time to get their stories straight!

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 11.05.14 12:21

It reminds me of Miss Havisham still sitting at the banquet table in her wedding dress. Can you imagine Estelle telling Pip, 'I think she may well want to update the decor now that she's old. She thought the candelabra were a bit dated. '

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 11.05.14 13:00

@ChippyM wrote: IF SY were truly taking aerial photos to narrow down a search area, they would need time to go back and analyse them and then co-ordinate plans for on the ground.
They would NOT need to go 6-handed to Portugal and do it in the full view of everyone.
They could have commissioned a full survey by a civilian helicopter or small plane from their desks in Belgravia.
Months, or even Years, ago
But since no one, including the parents and the extended family, are actually "looking for a living Madeleine", another few months is beside the point.
There is MUCH more to the three day, 6-man, helicopter trip, than meets the eye.
In wonder if they have spoken to someone in the Tapas group ?  It would make almost no sense at all it they haven't.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 11.05.14 13:09

@PeterMac wrote:
@ChippyM wrote: IF SY were truly taking aerial photos to narrow down a search area, they would need time to go back and analyse them and then co-ordinate plans for on the ground.
They would NOT need to go 6-handed to Portugal and do it in the full view of everyone.
They could have commissioned a full survey by a civilian helicopter or small plane from their desks in Belgravia.
But since no one, including the parents and the extended family, are actually "looking for a living Madeleine", another few months is beside the point.
There is MUCH more to the three day, 6-man, helicopter trip, than meets the eye.
In wonder if they have spoken to someone in the Tapas group ?  It would make almost no sense at all it they haven't.

I'm not sure if I'm following you here, so you think there was something significant with the helicopter trip?

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 11.05.14 13:23

@PeterMac wrote:

That is definitely possible. Another explanation might be that SY went over there mob-handed (and with tame photographers) in order to try and put even more pressure on the PJ. The high-profile helicopter jolly around the skies of PDL being part of the plan. If that was their plan, then it clearly didn't work as the entire bunch were sent back home (trailing their now embarrassingly large suitcases) within 48 hours!  big grin 

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 11.05.14 13:26

But were they sent home or planned to go home Bishop brennan?

I would presume the large suit cases contained material for their 4 hour meeting and the guy with the more casual attire had a large case and a backpack that looked like it might contain camera equipment.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.05.14 13:29

@ChippyM wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm following you here, so you think there was something significant with the helicopter trip?

I'm not convinced that the helicopter trip was to take photos or at least not with the cameras they were holding.

The vibration and movement of the helicopter combined with the level of optical zoom needed to get detailed pictures of the ground would make it very difficult to get clear focused images from even the best hand-held camera.

Anything useful found on the trip probably came from the equipment mounted on the helicopter itself which would also explain why an expensive military helicopter was used rather than a cheaper commercial one.

As for postponing the search until after Madeleine's birthday - if I thought my child was buried in PdL, I'd be out there digging with my bare hands not sat at home eating cake like some modern day Marie-Antoinette.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 11.05.14 13:39

Poe wrote:
I'm not convinced that the helicopter trip was to take photos or at least not with the cameras they were holding.

The vibration and movement of the helicopter combined with the level of optical zoom needed to get detailed pictures of the ground would make it very difficult to get clear focused images from even the best hand-held camera.

Anything useful found on the trip probably came from the equipment mounted on the helicopter itself which would also explain why an expensive military helicopter was used rather than a cheaper commercial one.

As for postponing the search until after Madeleine's birthday - if I thought my child was buried in PdL, I'd be out there digging with my bare hands not sat at home eating cake like some modern day Marie-Antoinette.

Agree entirely. The idea that 6 of them trooped off to PDL only to race back when they remembered it was Maddie's birthday is preposterous. Only our tabloids could print something so daft! If they were in any way concerned about the date, they would have gone after (with the big bags) and stayed as long as needed. My feeling is that they were sent home by the PJ. As others have said - they didn't need a team of 6 (plus photo crew) on site to have a meeting, and go up for a couple of hours with the helicopter crew.
Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 11.05.14 13:50

Could you imagine the now deceased Winnie Johnson, the mother of Moors victim Keith Bennett, asking the police to put the dig off for a few days so the family could celebrate Keith's birthday.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack on 11.05.14 13:53

It's just so creepy, the idea of buying presents for a missing child, I mean what the heck would they buy her?  Just one present, lots of presents, did they think Hmm what would 5yr old Madeleine want, 6yr old, 7yr old etc Did they buy teddies or dolls in previous years, now that she would have been 11 would it be a games console or something?

I know that sounds very contrived, and to be honest, I don't think these presents actually exist...notably we've never seen this bedroom shrine and lets face it, a picture like that would be an excellent photo op, one which I'm really surprised the McCanns, in their never ending quest for publicity, have not pursued..Kate's anguished face, sitting on Madeleine's bed, whilst talking about her "pain" (never mind Madeleine's)

Also, the strange comment about Madeleine maybe wanting to change the colour, now that she's older!  WTF?  That would be the very last thing on my mind if my child had been missing for 7 years, oh yes, if she comes home we might have to do some decorating, because she no longer likes the colour scheme in her room!  Nevermind the catching up for the lost time, getting to know your daughter again, savouring every moment with her...nope, lets head down to B&Q for some paint!  The McCanns just never cease to amaze me, I thought I couldn't get shocked at anything they say anymore, but as soon as they open their mouths, I'm left with mine hanging open!

kevmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 11.05.14 13:59

big grin big grin big grin  Well said KevMack. I could add something here but I shall desist.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 11.05.14 14:00

@PeterMac wrote:
I think someone must have spilled the beans.  Why the dig now? Seven years on?  Without specific information, they may as well stick a pin in a map. The with the theory that someone 'close' has blabbed, is why 3 locations? Unless one is legitimate and the other two are decoys?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPM on 11.05.14 14:04

@Cristobell wrote:Could you imagine the now deceased Winnie Johnson, the mother of Moors victim Keith Bennett, asking the police to put the dig off for a few days so the family could celebrate Keith's birthday.
What parent or family relation would not be demanding immediate action.

The fact that the Macs want a delay to hold a party tells us clearly that they know Madeleine is dead.  There is no rush.

Is there not one Mac family member be it grandparent, or uncle and aunt, who is interested in finding out the truth rather than munching cakes and trifle.

Surely one of the family must have a sense of decency to say enough is enough!

RIPM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack on 11.05.14 14:19

I'm also reminded about Gerry's spiel during crimewatch when he was asked about a "Madeleine shaped hole" in their lives and he responded that it was family events that they missed her the most, which is weird in itself, my answer to that would have been "every minute of every day" but specifically family events!  I suppose that would include birthdays, Madeleine's being no exception I presume, but to actually have a birthday celebration complete with cards, cake and presents for someone who isn't there is just so strange, and as others have mentioned, very unfair on the twins.  What the heck must be going on in their heads?  Do they also receive presents from Madeleine on their birthday or at Christmas?  

If it actually happens, which like I said previously, I doubt, how long will they continue to mark the occasion?  Until the twins are 18 or what would have been Madeleine's 18th?  Of course I hope that this saga will be resolved very soon, but if not, how long would they keep doing this for?  It's just so very strange and quite disturbing.  As someone else said, by all means have a day of reflection, time to remember your child...as if you could forget, but to have an actual party is just weird imo

kevmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 11.05.14 14:42

@ChippyM wrote:

I shall spell it out again.
You do not "Hire a Military helicopter" in the same way you might hire a catamaran on the beach.
It requires
Authorisation from the Ministry of Defence - (by which I mean not just a local Colonel)
which in turn requires
Authorisation from the Ministry of the Interior (Home Office)
which in turn requires long and careful preparation of the documentation by the PJ and
Authorisation of that through the entire Chain of Command of the PJ.

Then add
filing of flight plans with air traffic and Coast Guard,
briefing for, and then by, the Loadmaster,
Where civilians are to be carried there is a full flight briefing, and a statutory safety briefing, including putting down in the sea - which in this case WAS applicable.

This is from the US
CHAPTER 10: PERSONNEL TRANSPORT. I. Introduction.
The safe transport of personnel in helicopters is of the highest priority. Using standard procedures for transport outlined in this chapter will ensure, to the extent possible, that agencies meet their objective of transporting personnel safely and efficiently.
In order for personnel to be transported legally in a government aircraft1, each passenger must meet the definition of authorized passenger.
Refer to the glossary for definitions of flight crew member, air crew member and passenger. Air crew members may be permitted on board aircraft during certain missions (for example, external loads) on which passengers are prohibited.
A. Aircrew/crewmember.
A person working in and around aircraft and is essential to ensure the safety and successful outcome of the mission. Aircrew members are required to either be on board or attend to the loading and unloading of passengers and cargo at all landings and takeoffs, attend to external loads and ensure that passengers have received a pre-flight safety briefing.
B. Authorized/Official Passengers.
Passengers are any persons aboard an aircraft who does not perform the function of a flight crew/pilot or aircrew member. Passengers may be transported in government aircraft only if they meet the definition of an official passenger.

A local police Inspector cannot scramble a Chinook with a telephone call. Even in emergencies there are rigid procedures.
This was not an emergency, and was always going to attract high level publicity.

And yes to a previous post, you do not do that and then take a few snaps with a small Canon (or even an olympus), with a medium sized lens
You take a series of photos using the on board - wired in - vibration stablisised - high definition camera.
So to sum up
THIS WAS PLANNED a very long time ago,
and for a very specific purpose.
When and what that was, I have no idea, of course.  Though one is tempted to guess.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 11.05.14 14:49

I know this might seem a silly question but how come the air space used by News organisations - that is to say the helicopters that were swooping over PDL when Madeleine went missing were given permission to do so?

It's obvious I don't understand the rules of aviation.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 11.05.14 15:02

@PeterMac wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:

You do not "Hire a Military helicopter" in the same way you might hire a catamaran on the beach.
It requires
Authorisation from the Ministry of Defence - (by which I mean not just a local Colonel)
which in turn requires
which in turn requires long and careful preparation of the documentation by the PJ and
A local police Inspector cannot scramble a Chinook with a telephone call. Even in emergencies there are rigid procedures.
This was not an emergency, and was always going to attract high level publicity.

And yes to a previous post, you do not do that and then take a few snaps with a small Canon (or even an olympus), with a medium sized lens
You take a series of photos using the on board - wired in - vibration stablisised - high definition camera.
So to sum up
When and what that was, I have no idea, of course.  Though one is tempted to guess.

Thankyou, I must have missed it if you posted it before.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.05.14 15:08

@PeterMac wrote:
It requires
which in turn requires

Then add
filing of flight plans with air traffic and Coast Guard,
briefing for, and then by, the Loadmaster,
Where civilians are to be carried there is a full flight briefing, and a statutory safety briefing, including putting down in the sea - which in this case WAS applicable.

This is from the US [snipped]

So to sum up
When and what that was, I have no idea, of course.

(Sometime last autumn)

Met: We want to take some up-to-date aerial photos around PdL.

PJ: What for?

Met: We want to create a huge amount of public relations around the anniversary of Maddie's disappearance. It might show us where there's a body been buried. Or may be the odd piece of clothing or equipment, you know.

PJ. Is it urgent?

Met: Not really. Timing is everything, you know.

PJ: Waste of time so far as I can see. But stick one of your rogatories in if you want to have a go. You'll have to pay for it all though.

Met: How much?

PJ: Let me check...one Alouette Military Helicopter Mark III should be possible...er...hire fee...driver...briefing and training...MoD permit...filing flight plans...89,000 euros.

Met: (Gulp) (faint voice, almost a whisper) OK. (clears throat) Have you got 3rd of May free?

PJ: Sorry, that's a Saturday. We've got Wednesday 7th May free if that's OK?

Met: Done.

PJ: Payment in advance you know, here's our IBAN number.

Met: Obrigado.

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 11.05.14 15:15

The Bates Motel or Rothley Manor where would you choose to have Sunday lunch?

Neither, but if I really had to choose, if my life depended on making such a decision, I'd take my chances at Bate's!

And I'd thank my lucky stars neither have a vacancy, that it would only be for lunch as a night at Rothely must be quite a scary affair.

Some sinister stuff we know goes on at both, but nothing 
more creepy and sinister than Gerry McCann and Kate McCann with a bUrthday cake for Madeleine (a child who has been missing 7 years) and a bUrthday card that reads -

'We love you and we're waiting for you, we're never going to give up.'......

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Who_s_Kidding_Who_-_2.html

Watching

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPM on 11.05.14 15:17

Have people forgotten the UK Police in conjunction with the PJ used ground penetrating radar in searches around PDL including Murats property in 2007.

Nothing was found then, why would anything be found now? 

Why does Operation Grange not use these surveys?

Oh YES helicopter shots make it look as if they are doing something!

RIPM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 11.05.14 15:21

@Watching wrote:The Bates Motel or Rothley Manor where would you choose to have Sunday lunch?

Neither, but if I really had to choose, if my life depended on making such a decision, I'd take my chances at Bate's!

And I'd thank my lucky stars neither have a vacancy, that it would only be for lunch as a night at Rothely must be quite a scary affair.

Some sinister stuff we know goes on at both, but nothing 
more creepy and sinister than Gerry McCann and Kate McCann with a bUrthday cake for Madeleine (a child who has been missing 7 years) and a bUrthday card that reads -

'We love you and we're waiting for you, we're never going to give up.'......

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Who_s_Kidding_Who_-_2.html

Creepy indeed!  big grin 

Although I suspect the birthday party scenario is a non existent event dreamt up by 2 narcissist to come across as caring. It's not working obviously.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum