The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 05.05.14 20:13

aquila wrote:I've looked up the Leicester Mercury - the McCanns' regional newspaper and I can't find any report on the recent service in Rothley which I find strange. I stand to be corrected if I've missed it.

One would think a regional newspaper would cover this - it's of local interest isn't it?  The Leics Merc is reporting MSM stuff.

If they cover it, it will be in tomorrows edition. I'll check it out and post about it if its in. In Friday/Saturday's Mercury's it was as you say MSM stuff.
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 733
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Boxes

Post by springer on 05.05.14 20:16

One of the other photos appears to show a collection of soft toys.  Is it possible that the boxes contain the toys which were collected from the memorial site and sent to the poor in Eastern Europe?

springer

Posts : 10
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by Watching The Detectives on 05.05.14 20:32


Watching The Detectives

Posts : 60
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by aquila on 05.05.14 20:34

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
aquila wrote:I've looked up the Leicester Mercury - the McCanns' regional newspaper and I can't find any report on the recent service in Rothley which I find strange. I stand to be corrected if I've missed it.

One would think a regional newspaper would cover this - it's of local interest isn't it?  The Leics Merc is reporting MSM stuff.

If they cover it, it will be in tomorrows edition. I'll check it out and post about it if its in. In Friday/Saturday's Mercury's it was as you say MSM stuff.
Thanks TruthWillOut.

As for the service in Rothley, I can't imagine any parent wishing to take their child along to that. Good grief, childhood is short enough without being told that there are loads of missing children and someone might come and get you.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8612
Reputation : 1646
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by canada12 on 05.05.14 20:39

Watching The Detectives wrote:This report shows the crowd and more photos on the railings and video clip of Gerry speaking:

http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2014-05-03/seven-years-since-madeleine-mccann-disappeared/#crowds-gather-to-remember-madeleine-mccann-who-disappeared-7-years-ago_356331
I count about 40-45 people, about 1/3 of them children who are with their families.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by aquila on 05.05.14 20:42

canada12 wrote:
Watching The Detectives wrote:This report shows the crowd and more photos on the railings and video clip of Gerry speaking:

http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2014-05-03/seven-years-since-madeleine-mccann-disappeared/#crowds-gather-to-remember-madeleine-mccann-who-disappeared-7-years-ago_356331
I count about 40-45 people, about 1/3 of them children who are with their families.
Me too canada12. Those kids would have been better off riding bikes or playing in the park and having the life that was denied to Madeleine.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8612
Reputation : 1646
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by aquila on 05.05.14 20:50

Nina wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:But Nina don't you think it is a completely inappropriate picture for such an event?

Should predominately be Madeleine pictures IMO.
Well yes I do TTWO, and that is why I wanted to see the other pictures, to see if there is some sort of link. A pallet full of sealed cardboard boxes must have some link to the anniversary, surely.
Apologies Nina if my posts have crossed with yours. I can't believe the photo of a pile of boxes on a pallet either, just as I can't believe why children on a bank holiday weekend are attending a vigil for a missing child.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8612
Reputation : 1646
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by canada12 on 05.05.14 21:01

The estimated population of Rothley is 3,612 inhabitants.
There were about 40-45 of them at the Madeleine thingy.
Speaks volumes.
Between 1% and 2% of the population were persuaded to pop by and have a look.
Oh dear.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by aquila on 05.05.14 21:04

canada12 wrote:The estimated population of Rothley is 3,612 inhabitants.
There were about 40-45 of them at the Madeleine thingy.
Speaks volumes.
Between 1% and 2% of the population were persuaded to pop by and have a look.
Oh dear.
Am I wrong in thinking this is the combined effort of four churches and it was an Anglican service?
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8612
Reputation : 1646
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by canada12 on 05.05.14 21:05

aquila wrote:
canada12 wrote:The estimated population of Rothley is 3,612 inhabitants.
There were about 40-45 of them at the Madeleine thingy.
Speaks volumes.
Between 1% and 2% of the population were persuaded to pop by and have a look.
Oh dear.
Am I wrong in thinking this is the combined effort of four churches and it was an Anglican service?

Perhaps it was part of the service, you mean? A sort-of outdoor sermon, with guest speakers? :-)

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 05.05.14 21:06

canada12 wrote:The estimated population of Rothley is 3,612 inhabitants.
There were about 40-45 of them at the Madeleine thingy.
Speaks volumes.
Between 1% and 2% of the population were persuaded to pop by and have a look.
Oh dear.

And another 6000+ people in Mountsorrel that starts ~20 metres down the road from the Crescent.....
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 733
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by aquila on 05.05.14 21:10

There's one photograph which has inadvertently obscured the full name of shop's hoarding and is just showing 'fisheries'.

Yes, the department of fisheries...fish and all things fishy.

ETA: I saw the irony. It obviously has nothing to do with the fishmonger's shop.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8612
Reputation : 1646
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by Nina on 05.05.14 22:13

canada12 wrote:
Watching The Detectives wrote:This report shows the crowd and more photos on the railings and video clip of Gerry speaking:

http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2014-05-03/seven-years-since-madeleine-mccann-disappeared/#crowds-gather-to-remember-madeleine-mccann-who-disappeared-7-years-ago_356331
I count about 40-45 people, about 1/3 of them children who are with their families.
I counted 57 people, all ages.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2856
Reputation : 331
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by Nereid on 06.05.14 12:03

Whoever made that poster of the missing children made a huge error by labelling a photograph of Denise Pipitone as being Katrice Lee.
Very sloppy and disrespectful imo.



Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by Mirage on 06.05.14 12:35

Nereid wrote:Whoever made that poster of the missing children made a huge error by labelling a photograph of Denise Pipitone as being Katrice Lee.
Very sloppy and disrespectful imo.



The above board of photographs is set out in the format of a typical primary school classroom display. The backing paper and border roll are standard consortium materials. The green and yellow mix is popular because it cheers up primary classrooms. The double mounting of the title is beloved of primary teachers and the photographs are set at the display angles regularly used by teachers and are symmetrically pleasing. The overlap of annotated pictures is also standard classroom practice. These methods of display are refined by teachers to optimise classroom appearance, especially where inspection is concerned.

The professionalism on this board is in stark contrast to the limp ribbons and not of the same presentational hand IMO. Ditto for the non-annotated photographs, particularly of the boxes which leave you askance as to meaning/relevance. However, these photographs appear to have been laminated and possibly hole-punched at the top corners to allow for threading of the ribbon.

The board itself may be a wall mounted one which has been taken off a wall for the purpose. It's hard to see but I thought I glimpsed bracket holes. It is possible that a Sunday school may have access to these materials, of course. But this level of expertise of the photograph display is commonly seen in mainstream schools.

Notwithstanding the well-presented board, the whole thing smacks of a last minute dash. There is little of thematic purpose and no loving thoughtfulness to my eye. Taking this into account then adding in KH's scruffy appearance and GM's lacklustre words, it is hardly a tribute to a lost daughter.  IMO, this gathering was not their original intention.

Mirage

Posts : 1904
Reputation : 757
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by PeterMac on 06.05.14 13:15

And Katrice Lee would now be 35 years old.
Not exactly a Missing CHILD.

But please give generously all the same.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by Gillyspot on 06.05.14 14:14

Mirage wrote:

The above board of photographs is set out in the format of a typical primary school classroom display. The backing paper and border roll are standard consortium materials. The green and yellow mix is popular because it cheers up primary classrooms. The double mounting of the title is beloved of primary teachers and the photographs are set at the display angles regularly used by teachers and are symmetrically pleasing. The overlap of annotated pictures is also standard classroom practice. These methods of display are refined by teachers to optimise classroom appearance, especially where inspection is concerned.

The professionalism on this board is in stark contrast to the limp ribbons and not of the same presentational hand IMO. Ditto for the non-annotated photographs, particularly of the boxes which leave you askance as to meaning/relevance. However, these photographs appear to have been laminated and possibly hole-punched at the top corners to allow for threading of the ribbon.

The board itself may be a wall mounted one which has been taken off a wall for the purpose. It's hard to see but I thought I glimpsed bracket holes. It is possible that a Sunday school may have access to these materials, of course. But this level of expertise of the photograph display is commonly seen in mainstream schools.

Notwithstanding the well-presented board, the whole thing smacks of a last minute dash. There is little of thematic purpose and no loving thoughtfulness to my eye. Taking this into account then adding in KH's scruffy appearance and GM's lacklustre words, it is hardly a tribute to a lost daughter.  IMO, this gathering was not their original intention.
Perhaps it is someone from this school (or another).  http://www.rothley.leics.sch.uk/newsletters/current-newsletter

Not a  lot of notice given (newsletter date 2nd May- prayers 3rd May).

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by Guest on 06.05.14 16:04

PeterMac wrote:And Katrice Lee would now be 35 years old.
Not exactly a Missing CHILD.

But please give generously all the same.

It is a mystery though why that case received little, if any, publicity at the time - a child who disappeared on her 2nd birthday while out of her mother's sight for just a few moments you'd think would be newsworthy.

I agree that the presentation of the board suggests that it was prepared by school children rather than the McCanns.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by aquila on 06.05.14 16:37

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
PeterMac wrote:And Katrice Lee would now be 35 years old.
Not exactly a Missing CHILD.

But please give generously all the same.

It is a mystery though why that case received little, if any, publicity at the time - a child who disappeared on her 2nd birthday while out of her mother's sight for just a few moments you'd think would be newsworthy.

I agree that the presentation of the board suggests that it was prepared by school children rather than the McCanns.
The McCanns shared a tv sofa with Katrice Lee's mother and her sister - AND - a senior UK police officer. Of course, the McCanns gained the most minutes of interview/coverage.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8612
Reputation : 1646
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by plebgate on 06.05.14 16:42

After all the money they have received via the fund, surely a better floral tribute could have been arranged.   Two vases of yellow tulips, to mark the SEVENTH anniversary of Maddie having disappeared -  I am tempted to swear, but in view of the topic I will only say poor show, poor show, imo.

plebgate

Posts : 6105
Reputation : 1766
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by ultimaThule on 06.05.14 18:12

Mirage wrote:
Nereid wrote:Whoever made that poster of the missing children made a huge error by labelling a photograph of Denise Pipitone as being Katrice Lee.
Very sloppy and disrespectful imo.



The above board of photographs is set out in the format of a typical primary school classroom display. The backing paper and border roll are standard consortium materials. The green and yellow mix is popular because it cheers up primary classrooms. The double mounting of the title is beloved of primary teachers and the photographs are set at the display angles regularly used by teachers and are symmetrically pleasing. The overlap of annotated pictures is also standard classroom practice. These methods of display are refined by teachers to optimise classroom appearance, especially where inspection is concerned.

The professionalism on this board is in stark contrast to the limp ribbons and not of the same presentational hand IMO. Ditto for the non-annotated photographs, particularly of the boxes which leave you askance as to meaning/relevance. However, these photographs appear to have been laminated and possibly hole-punched at the top corners to allow for threading of the ribbon.

The board itself may be a wall mounted one which has been taken off a wall for the purpose. It's hard to see but I thought I glimpsed bracket holes. It is possible that a Sunday school may have access to these materials, of course. But this level of expertise of the photograph display is commonly seen in mainstream schools.

Notwithstanding the well-presented board, the whole thing smacks of a last minute dash. There is little of thematic purpose and no loving thoughtfulness to my eye. Taking this into account then adding in KH's scruffy appearance and GM's lacklustre words, it is hardly a tribute to a lost daughter.  IMO, this gathering was not their original intention.


I have no doubt that back in 2007 the wee one envisaged a Live Aid style commemoration of the 7th anniversary of his eldest daughter being 'taken' to be held at Wembley stadium with himself addressing a crowd of 90,000+ and, having emulated Phil Collins' flght across the pond, repeating his speech to rapturous applause that same day at the Yankee Stadium or similar in New York but once the Feds got a look at him in the flesh, and the great American public got to observe him and his spouse through Oprah's microscope, that was the end of Gerry's dream.

With their lies exposed for the world to see, all the McCanns could muster on 3 May 2014 was a handful of relatives and gawkers and a tacky display hastily attached to the gates of Rothley's War Memorial, but what I'd like to know is who gave them permission to hold a public assembly by the sacred ground of an epitaph to the fallen heroes of two world wars?
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by Doug D on 06.05.14 19:25

Driving down the motorway today, took a quick detour to Rothley.

Everything has been cleared away immaculately, not even a trace of yellow ribbon on the fence or anything 'high quality'.

Just the candle still burning.

Doug D

Posts : 2435
Reputation : 834
Join date : 2013-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by ultimaThule on 06.05.14 19:47

It would have taken less than 5 minutes to clear away the tawdry display the McCanns' attached to the gates of Rothley's War Memorial to commemorate the 7th anniversary of their daughter being 'taken' from a foreign field country but, from the penultimate photo here http://www.leicestershirevillages.com/rothley/18117.html it seems to me a candle is a permanent feature, Doug
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 06.05.14 19:52

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
aquila wrote:I've looked up the Leicester Mercury - the McCanns' regional newspaper and I can't find any report on the recent service in Rothley which I find strange. I stand to be corrected if I've missed it.

One would think a regional newspaper would cover this - it's of local interest isn't it?  The Leics Merc is reporting MSM stuff.

If they cover it, it will be in tomorrows edition. I'll check it out and post about it if its in. In Friday/Saturday's Mercury's it was as you say MSM stuff.

Just to update this (and get my dates right!) The service should have been covered in yesterday's Mercury but it definitely isn't featured. 

So I guess it was a last minute gathering.
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 733
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by PeterMac on 06.05.14 19:58

ultimaThule wrote:It would have taken less than 5 minutes to clear away the tawdry display the McCanns' attached to the gates of Rothley's War Memorial to commemorate the 7th anniversary of their daughter being 'taken' from a foreign field country but, from the penultimate photo here http://www.leicestershirevillages.com/rothley/18117.html it seems to me a candle is a permanent feature, Doug

And, when we think of her we think that, sadly, there IS a corner of a foreign field which is forever Madeleine

(For those not familiar with it, see Rupert Brooke. The Soldier)

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum