The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by Hicks on 04.05.14 10:09

PeterMac wrote:
Hicks wrote:Kate goes back to PDL for 'personal reasons'. Is that to visit Madeleine's grave? or does she go and sit on 'her rocks' ?
It would be good to think that if Kate really does go back to Portugal, someone somewhere keeps an eye where she likes to visit.
Whatever reason she gives, it is clearly not to search for the Hellish Lair within 10 miles . .

They could have finished that search 5 years ago, but have never even started.
Quite peterMac.

Fiona Bruce made Kate feel uncomfortable didn't she? Kate's eyes were darting about everywhere in order to avoid eye contact with her.
I have a feeling that something is afoot as Kate appears very jittery and not her normal composed self. Also I expect the strain of keeping up this pretence is beginning to take it's toll. Gerry though is still playing a game he intends to win at all costs. 

I have much respect for the PJ as they will not be distracted from getting to the truth. Britain and most of it's institutions have been tainted by corruption.  Sadly that includes SY. The name should inspire confidence but sadly it doesn't anymore.
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 04.05.14 10:20

MILLIE wrote:The McCann's full interview can be seen here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27236457
Why, why, why do they do it?

Give interviews that is.  There is no need to raise awareness that Madeleine is missing, that been covered globally on several occasions and the interviews seem to focus almost entirely on the parents, their suffering and their innocence.  I wonder if the news channels ask the McCanns for these interviews
or if it is the other way around?   

It was obvious to anyone not wearing blinkers, that from the beginning the McCanns craved the limelight, in the way as a mother suffering from Munchausens by proxy - it appears to be all about the child, but the one begging for attention is the mother.  The McCanns I think, honestly believe, that if they can appeal to the public just one more time, their natural charisma will convince people they are innocent, thats all it will take.  This does of course fly in the face of all the empirical evidence - every time they step in front of the cameras they make their situation catastrophically worse. Its like a defence barrister putting his client in the dock and telling him to speak freely.  If the McCanns have any legal advisors or indeed friends, they should be telling them to shut the feck up, as they digging themselves deeper and deeper.  They are persuading no-one, they are merely reminding people of the phenomenal amount of help they have already financially from the public (£4m!) and practically from the police forces of two countries, yet still they whine and complain.  Peoples' natural inclination not to think badly of the victims of crime wears thin with time, and when someone keeps banging on and on and on that 'they didn't do it', it arouses suspicion rather than sympathy.  

I don't believe Gerry and Kate listen to advice - despot wannabe Gerry likes complete control, and he knows best.  Such is his character, he would interpret any advice he receives as people plotting against him.  Because he is untrustworthy, he will be unable to trust others, he will judge people by his own standards, ie. what would he do in their circumstances which leads to the kind of paranoia that can eat you alive - look at Shakespeare's Kings. 

The McCanns can't trust anyone.  They have to appear themselves, because only they can plead their case.  Whilst they shared the limelight in the first few weeks with all those enthusiastic members of Team McCann who rushed out to join them at the holiday resort, they quickly changed tack when they lost control of what the excitable Team were saying.  Since then I don't think we have heard a peep from anyone other themselves and their official spokesman.    

At this stage, the McCanns still believe only they can make it right, that the public will hate Goncalo Amaral as much as they do, and they can influence the public by appearing in person to plead their case.  As the missing libel trial descended in shambles, both Gerry and Kate made last minute pleas to appear and given evidence - clearly everyone else let them down.  Its all fascinating to watch, I think we will be discussing this shared madness for years and years to come.

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.05.14 11:04

Hicks wrote:Quite peterMac.

Fiona Bruce made Kate feel uncomfortable didn't she? Kate's eyes were darting about everywhere in order to avoid eye contact with her.
I have a feeling that something is afoot as Kate appears very jittery and not her normal composed self. Also I expect the strain of keeping up this pretence is beginning to take it's toll. Gerry though is still playing a game he intends to win at all costs. 

I have much respect for the PJ as they will not be distracted from getting to the truth. Britain and most of it's institutions have been tainted by corruption.  Sadly that includes SY. The name should inspire confidence but sadly it doesn't anymore.

Personally I think Fiona Bruce comes across as much sharper than the likes of Lorraine Kelly and also her pace is slower, which gives a longer period of time for the points to be reflected upon.

Back to top Go down

Are the McCanns in PDL Today?

Post by Monty Heck on 04.05.14 11:07

'Sean and Amelie need to know. They've got their whole lives ahead of them an no one is ever going to say to be they will not try to look for their sister - they will. I don't want them having to carry this on,' she told the Sun.

Shared madness indeed.  Why is no-one ever going to say the twins will not try to look for their sister?  It is a far from foregone conclusion that two children would attempt to continue "the search" of their own volition when adults.  Despite adding "I don't want them having to carry this on" the first sentence can be read as nobody will be/is allowed to say that they will not try to look for her.  If that is the case then Mr & Mrs McC might consider that it may be better for their remaining children's welfare, as well as for themselves, to undergo counselling, if necessary, in order to reach a level of acceptance that they may in fact never know.  If this is kept up within the home as it relentlessly is publicly this must have/have had an enormous effect on their children, who should be allowed to grow up normally and not living in the shadow of their missing elder sister and the publicity her parents seem to have no desire to see diminish.

Monty Heck

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 04.05.14 11:16

Monty Heck wrote:'Sean and Amelie need to know. They've got their whole lives ahead of them an no one is ever going to say to be they will not try to look for their sister - they will. I don't want them having to carry this on,' she told the Sun.

Shared madness indeed.  Why is no-one ever going to say the twins will not try to look for their sister?  It is a far from foregone conclusion that two children would attempt to continue "the search" of their own volition when adults.  Despite adding "I don't want them having to carry this on" the first sentence can be read as nobody will be/is allowed to say that they will not try to look for her.  If that is the case then Mr & Mrs McC might consider that it may be better for their remaining children's welfare, as well as for themselves, to undergo counselling, if necessary, in order to reach a level of acceptance that they may in fact never know.  If this is kept up within the home as it relentlessly is publicly this must have/have had an enormous effect on their children, who should be allowed to grow up normally and not living in the shadow of their missing elder sister and the publicity her parents seem to have no desire to see diminish.
Changed her tune, IIRC she said in an interview couple years back that the twins would carry on 'flying the flag' when they were older.

Watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 04.05.14 11:35

Hi everyone, have been following this case on another site, wonder why the papers are running with this today

Possible sighting: A street in the Praia Da Luz resort where an Irish holiday maker and his wife claim they saw a mystery person with a child at about the same time as Madeleine McCann disappeared in May 2007.

From this article  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2619556/Madeleine-McCanns-parents-thank-public-support-attend-prayer-service-seventh-anniversary-daughters-disappearance.h

Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 04.05.14 11:42

Watching wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:'Sean and Amelie need to know. They've got their whole lives ahead of them an no one is ever going to say to be they will not try to look for their sister - they will. I don't want them having to carry this on,' she told the Sun.

Changed her tune, IIRC she said in an interview couple years back that the twins would carry on 'flying the flag' when they were older.
She still seems to be saying in her convoluted way that the twins will indeed carry on "flying the flag", despite saying she doesn't want them doing that.  If she genuinely doesn't want them continuing then she and husband should be doing everything in her power to ifluence them against doing so.  The truth is that, even if the McCs were not involved, missing people are so often never heard of again and promoting the myth to young children that their sister is alive and findable can never be in their best interest.  They should be dissuaded from any notion of continuing this search as attempting to do so would only lead to unhappiness and disappointment which would blight their lives. 

And what will happen if the current investigations conclude the child is dead?  How would two young children who have been trained to believe that she is with a loving family and just needs to be located react?  The potential for emotional damage is huge.  However, instead of winding this whole thing down for the sake of the twins, the McC bandwagon rolls relentlessly own and to no purpose.  Two police forces are currently investigating - no further public awareness raising needed unless or until their is some kind of result.

Monty Heck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.05.14 11:56

Markus 2 wrote:Hi everyone, have been following this case on another site, wonder why the papers are running with this today

Possible sighting: A street in the Praia Da Luz resort where an Irish holiday maker and his wife claim they saw a mystery person with a child at about the same time as Madeleine McCann disappeared in May 2007.

From this article  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2619556/Madeleine-McCanns-parents-thank-public-support-attend-prayer-service-seventh-anniversary-daughters-disappearance.h

welcome Markus2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.05.14 13:58

Was there any sign of Clarrie at Rothley yesterday?

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 04.05.14 16:08

Markus 2 wrote:Hi everyone, have been following this case on another site, wonder why the papers are running with this today

Possible sighting: A street in the Praia Da Luz resort where an Irish holiday maker and his wife claim they saw a mystery person with a child at about the same time as Madeleine McCann disappeared i in May 2007.

Hi Markus 2 and  welcome 

Given that the McCanns would have it that their eldest daughter was 'taken' by the man Jane Tanner purported to see at c9.15pm, I find it significant that the Mail makes no mention of this but has moved the time Madeleine 'disappeared' to that of the Smith sighting at c10pm thus discounting 'Tannerman' who has, of course, has been identified by NSY as the entirely innocent 'Crecheman'.  

It also seems to me that in saying "The McCanns' daughter, Madeleine, then aged three, went missing on May 3, 2007, from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, as her parents dined at a nearby tapas restaurant" the Mail has made it abundantly clear that, contrary to their assertion, the McCanns  were a considerably further distance away from the apartment than if they had been  'eating in their back garden'.  

In addition "The toddler, who lived in Rothley with her family, had been left in the rented apartment at the seaside Ocean Club resort, along with her twin siblings, Sean and Amelie" provides a timely reminder that Madeleine could not have gone missing if her parents had not left their three young children unattended.  

Curiously, the 'A' word has been omitted from the Mail's article but this may be due to the equally curious absence of any mention of the 'family source'  smilie
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.05.14 16:58

If Sean and Amelie 'need to know" then why not just tell them.
"They've got their whole lives ahead of them"  is one of the vacuous and unbelievably stupid and meaningless statements that people trot out in place of thought.  
They are 8 years old.  They have their whole lives MINUS 8 ahead of them  The other 8 are already behind them

and no one is ever going to say to me they will not try to look for their sister - they will.
Why do you believe they will look, when you did not ?  And admitted you did not, preserved for all time on You Tube
I don't want them having to carry this on,'   Well tell them the truth then.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 04.05.14 17:38

PeterMac wrote:If Sean and Amelie 'need to know" then why not just tell them.
"They've got their whole lives ahead of them"  is one of the vacuous and unbelievably stupid and meaningless statements that people trot out in place of thought.  
They are 8 years old.  They have their whole lives MINUS 8 ahead of them  The other 8 are already behind them

and no one is ever going to say to me they will not try to look for their sister - they will.
Why do you believe they will look, when you did not ?  And admitted you did not, preserved for all time on You Tube
I don't want them having to carry this on,'   Well tell them the truth then.

The twins were born 1 Feb 2005 and as 7 of their 9 years are the ones which, according to Jesuit thought, 'make the man', could it be Kate is looking ahead to the day when Sean may decide to go looking for his sister in the expectation they'll fund his search of those 5* hotels in which his parents haven't, as yet, got around to turning up stones, PeterM?

And what of Amelie?  As the McCanns' only remaining female child, has she feared being 'taken' from her bed either in the Towers when her parents have been 'dining in the back garden'  or when she has been on other holidays where her mother has been more 'into' her adult friends than her children?

It seems to me the twins are as much the victims as Madeleine but, while her suffering is mercifully over, that of her siblings will continue throughout the remainder of what I would hope to be their many remaining years on this planet..
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 04.05.14 20:18

Am I the only one who is irritated to see the sloppy way Kate McCann is dressed on what is supposed to be a solemn commemoration of her daughter's disappearance? To me that shows a lack of respect for her, or am I just old fashioned?
Miraflores

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 04.05.14 20:33

Miraflores wrote:Am I the only one who is irritated to see the sloppy way Kate McCann is dressed on what is supposed to be a solemn commemoration of her daughter's disappearance? To me that shows a lack of respect for her, or am I just old fashioned?
I am old, but not old fashioned I hope, with regard respect. To me it looked as though she had been in the middle of some activity, cleaning the cooker or something and then thought 'hec, we are due at the Cenotaph in 5 minutes' so just removed the rubber gloves, quickly picked up her heartfelt pre prepared speech and legged it. 
She is good at appearance is Kate McCann, so I am sure it was an oversight  nah

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 04.05.14 21:59

Miraflores wrote:Am I the only one who is irritated to see the sloppy way Kate McCann is dressed on what is supposed to be a solemn commemoration of her daughter's disappearance? To me that shows a lack of respect for her, or am I just old fashioned?
It didn't go unnoticed Miralflores, my thoughts exactly when I saw that picture, how shabbily Mrs was dressed.  That said, often I have thought this of not only of Mrs, but of the children, their clothes often ill fitting (Madeleine's clothes were too) as though hand me downs (and no harm in that, but at least let the child who has to receive the second hand clothing, grow into it, before making them don the garments) but not just ill fitting, the clothes are shabby as though previously well worn.  Suggests either Mr & Mrs are tight fisted when it comes to the children, their dress, or that money was tight!  I have viewed pictures and felt very much that I would like to make the child (ren) tidy!

And I might add, some of those early pictures of Madeleine, so frail looking, not healthy looking at all, and this one in particular touches your heart Mr so busy posing for the camera, as thought the poor little mite wasn't there, no protective arm around her.  You just want to scoop her up, hold her tight, keep her safe.  They are odd parents.

Watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 04.05.14 22:18

And he should be made wear a scarf at all times and shirts buttoned up to the neck, that's some scary hairy neckline he has.

Watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 04.05.14 22:48

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:PeterMac, you aren't alone in smiling at the double meaning of walking the streets!

For those not in the know, a streetwalker is a prostitute.

In the photos in the Mirror link, Gerry looks as if he's chewing a wasp and Kate seems to have got dressed in the dark.

OK then I'll post my reaction too. I thought "she is an attention whore"

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 05.05.14 10:46

What on earth is the picture on the fence at Rothley on the left hand side? Looks like a stack of cardboard packing cases or are they full of good quality tut (or maybe copies of all of the SY files that Redwood has kept them in the loop with!)? What is it doing on the fence? Are any of our forum friends around Rothley able to let us see the 'balancing' photo from the right hand side? 

Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 05.05.14 11:21

Thank you NFWTD.
Nothing very interesting to the right then, apart from the lack of tatty bunches of flowers & cuddly toys from all (?) of the well-wishers.

Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.05.14 11:23

Has anyone seen a photo or film footage of the vast hordes and can post it here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.05.14 11:33

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Has anyone seen a photo or film footage of the vast hordes and can post it here?
There is a photo on here but c&p pictures are beyond my skills.
http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2014-05-03/crowds-gather-to-remember-madeleine-mccann-who-disappeared-7-years-ago/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 05.05.14 11:36

Thanks Dantezebu.

eta: So about 80 then.

Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 05.05.14 11:38

As posted by sharoni on page 1 of this thread, NFWTD View gallery http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-latest-news-kate-3492628#ixzz30gUDSBSv

There's also a full frontal of the Rothley War Memorial gates which were hijacked for this standing room only event, but it's anyone's guess as to what a photo of cardboard crates signifies... the triumphant return of the McCanns' baggage from Portugal in September 2007, or the PJ files which allegedly cost those who donated to the limited company £100,000 to translate?
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.05.14 11:39

I wonder why that one is so dark - presumably taken late in the day - when the ones of the scruffy pair were clearly taken in broad daylight.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum