The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Carter Ruck on the warpath again with McCann blogs site - Page 2 Mm11

Carter Ruck on the warpath again with McCann blogs site - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Carter Ruck on the warpath again with McCann blogs site - Page 2 Mm11

Carter Ruck on the warpath again with McCann blogs site - Page 2 Regist10

Carter Ruck on the warpath again with McCann blogs site

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carter Ruck on the warpath again with McCann blogs site - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter Ruck on the warpath again with McCann blogs site

Post by sans_souci 14.12.09 16:08

Avery wrote:
sans_souci wrote:
Avery wrote:What I find interesting again is the wording of the letter from Carter Ruck. It advises of an injunction against publication of the book and then goes on the state that Amaral is forbidden to speak about it Worldwide. One does hope they are not trying to confuse the reader by implying that the injunction against the book in Portugal is a worldwide injunction.

Reserach the Berne Convention - it is relevant to international publishing issues.

It is indeed relevant to publishing issues. It is to protect the artist, writer etc on copyright issues. I fail to see how it does the reverse. If one judge in one country restricts the sale of a book I fail to see how that would be a worldwide ban. No country would sign on to such a convention to restrict the freedom of speech in their country. Perhaps you could explain further how the Berne Convention does that. I do hope you are not like Carter Ruck and trying to confuse me by throwing references my way.

It is designed to protect the copyright owner (who may be the orognal author or publisher or anyone else who legally controls the copyright) and as such it can be used to avoid the necessity to take action in a multitude of jurisdictions. In this case, it can be used to restrict the sale of the book in signatory countries. The court injunction restricts the respondents ,the author (GA), the publisher, the video maker, and the TV station, from selling or distributing the book or the video. As they are the copyright holders then in order to comply with this judgement they must not sell the book anywhere, and therefore this includes all of the those who may sell the book in other countries on their behalf.
sans_souci

Activity : 60

Back to top Go down

Carter Ruck on the warpath again with McCann blogs site - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter Ruck on the warpath again with McCann blogs site

Post by Guest 14.12.09 16:24

sans_souci wrote:
Avery wrote:
sans_souci wrote:
Avery wrote:What I find interesting again is the wording of the letter from Carter Ruck. It advises of an injunction against publication of the book and then goes on the state that Amaral is forbidden to speak about it Worldwide. One does hope they are not trying to confuse the reader by implying that the injunction against the book in Portugal is a worldwide injunction.

Reserach the Berne Convention - it is relevant to international publishing issues.

It is indeed relevant to publishing issues. It is to protect the artist, writer etc on copyright issues. I fail to see how it does the reverse. If one judge in one country restricts the sale of a book I fail to see how that would be a worldwide ban. No country would sign on to such a convention to restrict the freedom of speech in their country. Perhaps you could explain further how the Berne Convention does that. I do hope you are not like Carter Ruck and trying to confuse me by throwing references my way.

It is designed to protect the copyright owner (who may be the orognal author or publisher or anyone else who legally controls the copyright) and as such it can be used to avoid the necessity to take action in a multitude of jurisdictions. In this case, it can be used to restrict the sale of the book in signatory countries. The court injunction restricts the respondents ,the author (GA), the publisher, the video maker, and the TV station, from selling or distributing the book or the video. As they are the copyright holders then in order to comply with this judgement they must not sell the book anywhere, and therefore this includes all of the those who may sell the book in other countries on their behalf.

I think Mr Amaral referred to this after the cancellation of the hearing a couple of days ago. He said the it only applied in Portugal, and that basically CR were throwing their weight around trying to intimidate people into thinking it applied worldwide. Something like that anyway. It is on JM site - the actual interview.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.12.09 4:17

From what I understand they are not getting their way with that blog because the gatehoster required them to apply for a Court Order. Whether they want to risk that in the USA Court is anyone guess!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 07.05.11 18:17

so carter and ruck did not go ahead with that then, as site is still up and running

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 07.05.11 18:52

Yes - I think there was a few days when we couldn't access the site but then it back and I presume they didn't follow up the threat. TB will know more than I though.

Pamalam lives to fight another Day!

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 07.05.11 18:55

There are hundreds if not thousands of blogs and forums discussing this case and the lawyers can't deal with them all - it would take up too much of the McCann's money and they'll never get their mortgage paid off at this rate. They are just putting the willies up us all when their time would be better putting the willies up the McCanns in the hope they'll tell the truth for once.

Funny how Pamalam and mccannfiles got letters though winkwink

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top