The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by ultimaThule on 01.04.14 12:50

Poe wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:Kate's mother had been attending the libel trial.

@ultimaThule wrote:As I recall, Kate's mother attended the libel trial on 3 occasions in the expectation that she'd be called to give evidence for her daughter and son-in-law.  

However, due to an error on the part of their counsel, Isobel Duarte, her journeys were in vain and the world missed out on the spectacle of Ma Healy defending the indefensible.  laughat

The McCanns had to give that barrel a good scraping to get their witnesses. Where were the tapas 7? Lorraine Kelly? Qualified professional therapists? etc.etc..
Is the answer 'conspicuous by their absence', Poe?   If so, please can I have one of your choccy hobnobs by way of reward for getting it right?   big grin
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by kimHager on 29.05.14 15:24

A thought just came to me about ms. Fenn.. Im wondering if she made reference to the crying incident because she suspected abuse or something wierd going on in 5a. Maybe she thought the poliece would come out and do a welfare check on the children, perhaps she made more anonymous calls or to the MW staff? I believe now that she may have said something to Kate and Gerry before Maddy was missing or made some type of complaints because:
Kate sewms to havea strong dislike of ms. Fenn that doesnt seem normal since they arent acquainted (?)
Gerry saying a lil girl had been taken. Why did he say that.. I believe it was again he didnt want her talking to poliece. She may already had made calls.
I know she has since passed away but if she told anyone of yelling, abuse or maybe not seeing that lil girl again(?) or something to that extent... Someone may know something? Again just my opinion but the mccanns reaction to her has bugged me and it hit me today maybe she was watching them.... I dont know sadly she may have never told anyone out of fear as she lived there and of the cover up that ensued after maddy was gone. Just my opinion

____________________
Kim
avatar
kimHager

Posts : 465
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by annemab on 29.05.14 20:28

I'm going back a couple of pages here, so I hope not interrupting the flow too much (and please ignore or even delete if needed) but I just wanted to say that crying getting worse over time doesn't necessarily mean anything terrible (other than neglect and abandonment of course!)  Was going on. My daughter is 4 and quite strong willed, as we are told that Madeleine was. If she woke up at night (and she often does!) and it was dark and we didn't come to her and she couldn't find us, she would be frightened and would cry louder and louder to try to make sure we heard her. She would be too frightened to fall asleep. I know this because I once tried "controlled crying" to try to get her to settle herself to sleep. She wouldn't settle! But she did stop crying abruptly as soon as she saw me. That was when she was a baby. As a 4 year old I think it would take longer for her to calm down but she would probably sob quietly once I returned. Not planning to test that theory mind you!

So, if the crying incident happened, the distress that it indicated could IMO simply have been a child's natural distress at finding herself alone in the dark. Perhaps just wishful thinking on my part I admit.

annemab

Posts : 34
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by XTC on 29.05.14 22:57

@PeterMac wrote:Short answer.
NO.

It is one of the most strange aspects of this case, and one which the McCanns have clearly forgotten to reverse-engineer, or back-fit
that they did not ask Mrs Fenn anything, such as
"Have you seen Madeleine ?"
"Did you hear anything"
"Did you see anything, or anyone"
Were you in this evening ?"


The fact that Kate merely swears at her perhaps tells a different story.
One in which Mrs Fenn might have seen or heard something the McCanns did not want her to have done ? ? ?
Quite. Similar to the knock on Jeremy Wilkin's door at 1am instead of asking a man who had just had a walk in the vicinity of 5a at the time of the original bundleman sighting whether he saw anything he was just told something. I'm not saying anything was dodgy about him but in reality you would be grilling him like a kipper as to what he may have seen.

The interesting statement as well as the crying child one is that Mrs Fenn was told by the post alarmists that a child was missing. She says that this was around 10.30pm on the night of the 3rd of May. The alarm was said to have gone off at 10pm. So if Mrs Fenn was correct with her time - what were the searchers doing between 10.00pm and 10.30pm? If Mrs Fenn is right then it can't have been shouting and crying.
Otherwise she would have heard that because all the noise would be louder than just one child crying and the patio door would have ben glowing red hot with overuse. Not to mention the shutters- but I will - very noisy.

Unfortunately you can't libel a dead person. A pity because there was potentially one in a bestseller somewhere. That's what highly paid lawyers are highly paid for I suppose.

XTC

Posts : 210
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by Grande Finale on 30.05.14 2:52

The clocks in portugal were the same as the UK at that time and it was said that Mrs Fenn settled down to watch the ten o'clock news every night.

Now that lady must have had wonderful hearing because she heard the patio doors sliding open on the night of the crying, yet a door slamming on May 3rd (around the time the ten o'clock news started) wasn't reported by her.

Seems to me yet again that it is just KM lies about the bedroom door slamming.
avatar
Grande Finale

Posts : 140
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2013-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by ultimaThule on 30.05.14 7:48

It seems that Mrs Fenn also failed to hear the metal shutters being jemmied, GF, and my experience of these devices persuades me that if they had been prised open with an iron bar, half of Luz would have heard it   yes
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by Rasputin on 30.05.14 8:08

@ultimaThule wrote:It seems that Mrs Fenn also failed to hear the metal shutters being jemmied, GF, and my experience of these devices persuades me that if they had been prised open with an iron bar, half of Luz would have heard it   yes

Sin duda uT !!!

____________________
"I'm not buying it" Wendy Murphy
avatar
Rasputin

Posts : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by suzyjohnson on 30.05.14 9:27

@annemab wrote:.............. crying getting worse over time doesn't necessarily mean anything terrible (other than neglect and abandonment of course!)  Was going on. My daughter is 4 and quite strong willed, as we are told that Madeleine was. If she woke up at night (and she often does!) and it was dark and we didn't come to her and she couldn't find us, she would be frightened and would cry louder and louder to try to make sure we heard her. She would be too frightened to fall asleep. I know this because I once tried "controlled crying" to try to get her to settle herself to sleep. She wouldn't settle! But she did stop crying abruptly as soon as she saw me ......... 

Yes I expect this what exactly what Mrs Fenn descibed

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1192
Reputation : 261
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by suzyjohnson on 30.05.14 9:30

@Grande Finale wrote:The clocks in portugal were the same as the UK at that time and it was said that Mrs Fenn settled down to watch the ten o'clock news every night.

Now that lady must have had wonderful hearing because she heard the patio doors sliding open on the night of the crying, yet a door slamming on May 3rd (around the time the ten o'clock news started) wasn't reported by her.

Perhaps Mrs Fenn didn't hear very much whilst her television was on, but that once she had switched if off she could hear a lot more from downstairs

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1192
Reputation : 261
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by kimHager on 30.05.14 14:09

I wish we knew the layout of ms. Fenns apt over head so we would have an idea maybe of which area the crying came from. Now with those heavy tiles how much would she hear being above TM apt. Versus on the bottom apt..... I think if she heard patio doors then maybe the crying was outside on the patio? The quietness would have been someone finding maddy or Taking her inside. There are too many questions but i think ms. Fenn could have been the key to the mccanns cuffs, she should have been investigated more for everything she saw or heard cause IMO she was a wild card the mccanns never knew was played and when she came in the pic this must have scared them. I remembered reading the PJ saying TM were scared or something like that well if you were in the middle of an oscar unworthy drama and suddenly theres Ms. Fenn outside asking what's going on... Kinda put the fear back into 5a's actors. Who knows what she's gonna say... So kate is rude and Gerry decided to go the idk some girls abducted route

____________________
Kim
avatar
kimHager

Posts : 465
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by aiyoyo on 30.05.14 16:59

Noise does not travel far in a totally enclosed space.
If all doors and windows in 5A were shut when the children were alone, for Mrs Fenn an elderly lady who lived one or is it two floors above to have heard it is quite remote.



avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 321
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by Guest on 30.05.14 18:19

I'm not sure about that, Aiyoyo.

Mrs Fenn was in the apartment immediately above.

I have on various occasions in the past been driven to distraction by noises of one sort of another coming from neighbouring premises.

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by Praiaaa on 30.05.14 18:46

@XTC wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Short answer.
NO.

It is one of the most strange aspects of this case, and one which the McCanns have clearly forgotten to reverse-engineer, or back-fit
that they did not ask Mrs Fenn anything, such as
"Have you seen Madeleine ?"
"Did you hear anything"
"Did you see anything, or anyone"
Were you in this evening ?"


The fact that Kate merely swears at her perhaps tells a different story.
One in which Mrs Fenn might have seen or heard something the McCanns did not want her to have done ? ? ?
Quite. Similar to the knock on Jeremy Wilkin's door at 1am instead of asking a man who had just had a walk in the vicinity of 5a at the time of the original bundleman sighting whether he saw anything he was just told something. I'm not saying anything was dodgy about him but in reality you would be grilling him like a kipper as to what he may have seen.

The interesting statement as well as the crying child one is that Mrs Fenn was told by the post alarmists that a child was missing. She says that this was around 10.30pm on the night of the 3rd of May. The alarm was said to have gone off at 10pm. So if Mrs Fenn was correct with her time - what were the searchers doing between 10.00pm and 10.30pm? If Mrs Fenn is right then it can't have been shouting and crying.
Otherwise she would have heard that because all the noise would be louder than just one child crying and the patio door would have ben glowing red hot with overuse. Not to mention the shutters- but I will - very noisy.

Unfortunately you can't libel a dead person. A pity because there was potentially one in a bestseller somewhere. That's what highly paid lawyers are highly paid for I suppose.

Spot on about the lack of questioning - this has also puzzled me ( or rather not, given the 'unusual' circumstances). Maybe I am over-thinking this as am just finishing a thesis on questioning, and maybe over-obsessed with it, but... the natural thing is to ask anyone and everyone, have they seen madeleine, have they seen a little girl.... incoherent and asking, asking. We have been fed this line about cool-headed medics going into crash-team calm & purposeful mode, but even cool professionals lose it when emotions are involved. For KM to swear at PF, and more so for FP to do so simply does not make sense. Even if they were upset and shouting and swearing, PF, at home, in the vicinity would be something they would cling to and the following day or days they would be pestering her for recollections.

Praiaaa

Posts : 426
Reputation : 44
Join date : 2011-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by suzyjohnson on 30.05.14 20:08

@kimHager wrote:I wish we knew the layout of ms. Fenns apt over head so we would have an idea maybe of which area the crying came from. Now with those heavy tiles how much would she hear being above TM apt. Versus on the bottom apt..... I think if she heard patio doors then maybe the crying was outside on the patio?  The quietness would have been someone finding maddy or Taking her inside. There are too many questions but i think ms. Fenn could have been the key to the mccanns cuffs,  she should have been investigated more for everything she saw or heard cause IMO she was a wild card the mccanns never knew was played and when she came in the pic this must have scared them. I remembered reading the PJ saying TM were scared or something like that well if you were in the middle of an oscar unworthy drama and suddenly theres Ms. Fenn outside asking what's going on... Kinda put the fear back into 5a's actors. Who knows what she's gonna say... So kate is rude and Gerry decided to go the idk some girls abducted route
 I assume Mrs Fenn's lounge would open out onto her balcony, directly over the patio of 5A. That would mean that the bedrooms of her flat were, more or less, over the bedrooms of 5A. If Mrs Fenn were on her way to bed after the 10 pm news, around 10.30 pm, then she may have been able to hear the crying from the bedrooms downstairs?

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1192
Reputation : 261
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by suzyjohnson on 30.05.14 20:17

@Praiaaa wrote:

About the lack of questioning (of Mrs Fenn by the McCanns on the night of 3 May) - this has also puzzled me ( or rather not, given the 'unusual' circumstances). ............... the natural thing is to ask anyone and everyone, have they seen madeleine, have they seen a little girl.... incoherent and asking, asking. We have been fed this line about cool-headed medics going into crash-team calm & purposeful mode, but even cool professionals lose it when emotions are involved. For KM to swear at PF, and more so for FP to do so simply does not make sense. Even if they were upset and shouting and swearing, PF, at home, in the vicinity would be something they would cling to and the following day or days they would be pestering her for recollections.
I completely agree with this.

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1192
Reputation : 261
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by sofieellis on 28.06.14 16:48

I am currently reading Kate McCann's book and I was shocked by how rude she was when talking about Mrs Fenn. She makes her sound like a nosey busybody rather than an old lady who tried to help them them out, in their time of crisis. I would have thought they would have been begging for help and information from anyone who was nearby, yet Kate was positively rude to her. (If Kate is telling the truth about this encounter, that is).



From the book:

Then a lady appeared on a balcony – I’m fairly certain this was about 11pm, before the police arrived – and, in a plummy voice, inquired, ‘Can someone tell me what all the noise is about?’ I explained as clearly as I was able, given the state I was in, that my little girl had been stolen from her bed, to which she casually responded, ‘Oh, I see,’ almost as if she’d just been told that a can of beans had fallen off a kitchen shelf. I remember feeling both shocked and angry at this woefully inadequate and apparently unconcerned reaction. I recollect that in our outrage, Fiona and I shouted back something rather short and to the point.


However, Mrs Fenn's police statement describes a different scenario altogether:

During the day nothing unusual happened, until almost 22H30 when, being alone again, she heard the hysterical shouts from a female person, calling out "we have let her down" which she repeated several times, quite upset. She then saw that it was the mother of little Madeleine who was shouting furiously. Upon leaning over the terrace, after having seen the mother, she asked the father, GERRY, what was happening to which he replied that a small girl had been abducted. When asked, she replied that she did not leave her apartment, just spoke to GERRY from her balcony, which had a view over the terrace of the floor below. She found it strange that when GERRY said that a girl had been abducted, he did not mention that it was his daughter and that he did not mention any other scenarios. At that moment she offered GERRY help, saying that he could use her phone to contact the authorities, to which he replied that this had already been done. It was just after 22H30.


Why would Kate feel the need to discredit Mrs Fenn? Is it because she doesn't want us to believe Mrs Fenn's statement about Madeleine crying for such a long time? Personally, the more Kate tries to discredit someone, the more important I think that person's statement must be. 

Yvonne Martin comes in for the same treatment as Mrs Fenn, which immediately makes me want to re-read her testimony as well. Kate McCann is either an incredibly rude woman, willing to launch scathing attacks on two complete strangers, who went out of their way to help her, or she was terrified that these women might know something she didn't want them to know.

sofieellis

Posts : 184
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by kimHager on 29.06.14 0:41

Exactly ms fenn was an older lady and probably was very familiar with.the apartments and area, this lady would be a potential witness to whatever took place and they wanted.her to stay away? Would you if it was your child?That leads me to think ms.fenn was not someone they wanted to talk. She had.already heard the crying incident and maybe she saw something or heard something that incriminated them?

____________________
Kim
avatar
kimHager

Posts : 465
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by lj on 29.06.14 0:45

@sofieellis wrote:I am currently reading Kate McCann's book and I was shocked by how rude she was when talking about Mrs Fenn. She makes her sound like a nosey busybody rather than an old lady who tried to help them them out, in their time of crisis. I would have thought they would have been begging for help and information from anyone who was nearby, yet Kate was positively rude to her. (If Kate is telling the truth about this encounter, that is).



From the book:

Then a lady appeared on a balcony – I’m fairly certain this was about 11pm, before the police arrived – and, in a plummy voice, inquired, ‘Can someone tell me what all the noise is about?’ I explained as clearly as I was able, given the state I was in, that my little girl had been stolen from her bed, to which she casually responded, ‘Oh, I see,’ almost as if she’d just been told that a can of beans had fallen off a kitchen shelf. I remember feeling both shocked and angry at this woefully inadequate and apparently unconcerned reaction. I recollect that in our outrage, Fiona and I shouted back something rather short and to the point.


However, Mrs Fenn's police statement describes a different scenario altogether:

During the day nothing unusual happened, until almost 22H30 when, being alone again, she heard the hysterical shouts from a female person, calling out "we have let her down" which she repeated several times, quite upset. She then saw that it was the mother of little Madeleine who was shouting furiously. Upon leaning over the terrace, after having seen the mother, she asked the father, GERRY, what was happening to which he replied that a small girl had been abducted. When asked, she replied that she did not leave her apartment, just spoke to GERRY from her balcony, which had a view over the terrace of the floor below. She found it strange that when GERRY said that a girl had been abducted, he did not mention that it was his daughter and that he did not mention any other scenarios. At that moment she offered GERRY help, saying that he could use her phone to contact the authorities, to which he replied that this had already been done. It was just after 22H30.


Why would Kate feel the need to discredit Mrs Fenn? Is it because she doesn't want us to believe Mrs Fenn's statement about Madeleine crying for such a long time? Personally, the more Kate tries to discredit someone, the more important I think that person's statement must be. 

Yvonne Martin comes in for the same treatment as Mrs Fenn, which immediately makes me want to re-read her testimony as well. Kate McCann is either an incredibly rude woman, willing to launch scathing attacks on two complete strangers, who went out of their way to help her, or she was terrified that these women might know something she didn't want them to know.


My dogs have better manners than Kate.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
avatar
lj

Posts : 3322
Reputation : 196
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kate interview with Jon Corner

Post by coati mundi on 29.06.14 1:24

I don't know how to start a new thread, but maybe the moderators can tell me.

In the meantime could this be put into a new thread for discussion please.

I have just watched the video about the Jon Corner interview again (the one in which KM makes the strange clicking noise to describe how her daughter was supposedly abducted).

I notice that she says something about the family having been watched for days (she says, "they knew") but also says " they must have known that Gerry had just been into the apartment", and then makes stragelydismissive clicking noise to illustrate that her daughter was "taken". That, if it were true, means that the "abduction" must have taken place between GM's and MO's visit. She also asserts in this interview that the apartment was broken into. If the "abduction" had taken place before MO's supposed check and the place had been broken into, would not MO have noticed signs of it?

It also either puts the JT sighting completely up the spout or suggests that, even if you accept that a certain person was still alive at 9.00 pm, she may have been left alone for 45 minutes that night, despite KM's claims in the same interview of "bobbing back and forward all the time".

I would love to see these people cross examined in a court.

coati mundi

Posts : 94
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2014-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by Guest on 29.06.14 5:19

@coati mundi wrote:I don't know how to start a new thread, but maybe the moderators can tell me.

In the meantime could this be put into a new thread for discussion please.

I have just watched the video about the Jon Corner interview again (the one in which KM makes the strange clicking noise to describe how her daughter was supposedly abducted).

I notice that she says something about the family having been watched for days (she says, "they knew") but also says " they must have known that Gerry had just been into the apartment", and then makes stragelydismissive clicking noise to illustrate that her daughter was "taken". That, if it were true, means that the "abduction" must have taken place between GM's and MO's visit. She also asserts in this interview that the apartment was broken into. If the "abduction" had taken place before MO's supposed check and the place had been broken into, would not MO have noticed signs of it?

It also either puts the JT sighting completely up the spout or suggests that, even if you accept that a certain person was still alive at 9.00 pm, she may have been left alone for 45 minutes that night, despite KM's claims in the same interview of "bobbing back and forward all the time".

I would love to see these people cross examined in a court.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5324p70-video-kate-mccann-interviewed-by-jon-corner-hideho?highlight=jon+corner
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by BlueBag on 29.06.14 8:11

@coati mundi wrote:I don't know how to start a new thread, but maybe the moderators can tell me.

In the meantime could this be put into a new thread for discussion please.

I have just watched the video about the Jon Corner interview again (the one in which KM makes the strange clicking noise to describe how her daughter was supposedly abducted).

I notice that she says something about the family having been watched for days (she says, "they knew") but also says " they must have known that Gerry had just been into the apartment", and then makes stragelydismissive clicking noise to illustrate that her daughter was "taken". That, if it were true, means that the "abduction" must have taken place between GM's and MO's visit. She also asserts in this interview that the apartment was broken into. If the "abduction" had taken place before MO's supposed check and the place had been broken into, would not MO have noticed signs of it?

It also either puts the JT sighting completely up the spout or suggests that, even if you accept that a certain person was still alive at 9.00 pm, she may have been left alone for 45 minutes that night, despite KM's claims in the same interview of "bobbing back and forward all the time".

I would love to see these people cross examined in a court.

Were "they" watching the front or the back?

People passing / listening at windows on a very frequent basis and going in the patio door also on a very frequent basis.... all this at irregular time intervals.

They/these were bold abductors indeed.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4405
Reputation : 2222
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by kimHager on 29.06.14 17:47

And comforting abductors which is probably why Kate hopes a nice childless couple abducted her..I believe she word it something like that and Kate always makes reference to a couple that does the abduction. I dunno but whatever the case its highly unlikely an abduction took place.IMO

____________________
Kim
avatar
kimHager

Posts : 465
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by Hicks on 25.07.14 22:18

Please ignore this Daily Mail headline. Look down the page and you will see where is says Mrs Fenn was in her apartment on the 3rd May and what she heard.
Perhaps the Mail had made a mistake.....perhaps not.
I wonder if Mrs Fenn had been got at? Could be why she changed her story?

There are rumours of witnesses who saw Kate act aggressive, and at times out of control with Madeleine.

 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-481168/Gerry-Madeleines-real-father-The-Portuguese-medias-latest-attack-McCanns.html.

 When you have a media manipulator controlling what is allowed out into the public domain, and what is not, the truth gets diluted and eventually washed away.

____________________
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln.
avatar
Hicks

Posts : 976
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-07-16
Age : 59

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by worriedmum on 26.07.14 10:57

@Hicks wrote:Please ignore this Daily Mail headline. Look down the page and you will see where is says Mrs Fenn was in her apartment on the 3rd May and what she heard.
Perhaps the Mail had made a mistake.....perhaps not.
I wonder if Mrs Fenn had been got at? Could be why she changed her story?

There are rumours of witnesses who saw Kate act aggressive, and at times out of control with Madeleine.

 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-481168/Gerry-Madeleines-real-father-The-Portuguese-medias-latest-attack-McCanns.html.

 When you have a media manipulator controlling what is allowed out into the public domain, and what is not, the truth gets diluted and eventually washed away.
 And then people with inquiring minds search for the truth and discuss it online where it has an unlimited audience...
avatar
worriedmum

Posts : 1842
Reputation : 439
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mrs Fenn on 3rd May

Post by j.rob on 25.08.14 20:48

Mrs Fenn is certainly an important witness. And the fact that Kate writes about her in a derogatory way suggests she is a thorn in the side. Ditto social worker Yvette Martin. And of course Amaral, the McCann's major 'bete noir'. 

IF the crying incident as heard and described by Mrs Fenn was Tuesday 1st May from 10.30pm until 11.45pm then the timings are certainly interesting. 

Tuesday was quiz night at the Tapas, organized by the winsome aerobics teacher at the OC. It started at 9pm, I do believe and I think it is recorded that Gerry invited the quiz mistress to join the McCann table after the quiz, which she did. 

Not the smartest of moves, imo, when you have (or so it would appear) left the lion's share of the tiring children's bedtime routine to your wife. (As would be suggested by Gerry choosing to play men's social tennis from 6pm until 7pm on Thursday, for instance.)

Who knows, perhaps it was Tuesday evening when the Mcs had their 'tiff' rather than the Wednesday evening which is when Kate claims Gerry left the table abruptly at 11.50pm and Kate slept in the children's bedroom. Could a fit of jealous rage have precipitated a row?

In one of the TV interviews with Kate and Gerry, the journalist (strong Irish accent, can't remember his name) is rubbing his hands together with glee as he manages to steer the conversation round to the 'some sort of row' that the couple had. Kate interjects very quickly with; "We don't row," at which point the interviewer can barely disguise his gloating. Seldom have I seen an interviewer enjoying his job so much, imo.

Which leads me to believe 'a row' or some kind of 'hissy fit' is all a very sensitive area for the Mcs.

However, there are, to my mind, indications that *something* had happened (to Madeleine?) prior to Tuesday 1st May.

For instance, Kate signs the creche sheets for Tuesday with her maiden name, whereas other days I think she uses her married name. Is this the equivalent of taking off your wedding ring when your spouse is in the dog-house?

Given the prominence that Kate gives in her book to her decision to change her name from Kate Healy to Kate McCann on 4th May I think this whole subject is another of those massive 'hot potatoes'. I strongly suspect that Kate wanted to drop her married name during that holiday, and especially on Tuesday 1st May.

So, if Gerry is 'in the dog house' by Tuesday. And the dodgy photo of Madeleine with the tennis balls allegedly taken on Tuesday by Kate strongly suggests to me that *something* had already happened, then did it happen on Monday? There is very little record of what they did on Monday in Kate's book, apart from Kate writing that on the evening of 30th April 'I made my first foray to Baptista with Jane.' Apparently to stock up on  a few essentials as the following day was a public holiday. The implication is that Monday was one of the days that 'settled into a similar pattern'.

So maybe it didn't?!

And what about Sunday? That was the day when the family settled into the holiday routine, according to Kate's book. It was the McCann's first dinner at the Tapas restaurant. And I do believe it is also on record that the curvy aerobics instructor also organized a Quiz Night at the Tapas on Sunday evening (every Sunday and Tuesday)? 

If this is the case, and if the Quiz Night started at 9pm, then presumably the Tapas gang including Gerry would have been joining in the fun and games and taking full advantage of the free vino at dinner into the bargain on Sunday evening? I can't imagine that the gang would not have wanted to join in the competition.  

Just wondering whether the 'amusing stories and mickey tacking' that Kate writes in her book keeps them all cheerful on Monday evening at Tapas dinner when there was a cold wind, were also a feature of Sunday evening? In her book Kate writes that Gerry and her are back in their apartment by 11pm on Sunday evening. Could the cold winds of Monday evening have also been swirling around the Mc apartment on Sunday evening?

Was their a 'froideur' between the couple, not helped by Gerry having caught the eye of the aerobics instructor which may have livened up the holiday on which Gerry was "not here to enjoy himself."

(To be fair holidaying with very young children is, in general, not much of a 'holiday' and tends to be harder work than being at home where the routine is more in place and there may be more settled childcare arrangements and help.)

There is no mention of Quiz Night in Kate's book. The only organized evening entertainment Kate mentions is Monday 'ladies night' tennis (which she doesn't go to - yet Gerry gets to go to the Men's social tennis on Thursday?) and, on Tuesday, 'object tennis' where guests provide coaches with various objects that they use instead of a racquet. 

With regard to childcare arrangements, Kate somewhat 'gives the game away', imo, with a frankly extraordinary comment in her book (one of many but they are obviously not all confined to babysitting arrangements!). She is writing, on page 54, about their decision to leave the children in the apartment asleep during the evening and check on them every thirty minutes. Comparing it to the 'baby-listening' service that Mark Warner resorts (and others?) offered guests whereby nannies patrol outside bedroom doors listening for crying. Only, as Kate herself acknowledges, OC did not offer this service as the resort is so spread out and less of a 'campus' than others. Or, in other words, is not an enclosed, secure 'resort'.

"Bringing up children - like all aspects of life - involves making hundreds of tiny and seemingly minor decisions every single day, balancing the temptation to mollycoddle them with the danger of being too laissez-faire."

Given that this comment is made in the context of their decision not to use the night creche or hire a babysitter for three under four year olds at night when they know that they are not within a secure, enclosed campus with security, I think it is reasonable to assume that Kate considers childcare arrangements at night to be "mollycoddling." 

I hate to imagine what her idea of "laissez faire" is. The mind positively boggles. 

She tries to explain away their decision not to use a babysitter or the creche at night by claiming that they don't want strangers looking after their children. But this is nonsensical given that strangers are looking after their children all day, every day on that holiday.

What she really means, imo, is that her and Gerry cannot get away with leaving their children without childcare in the day. But, when they are asleep (possibly with a little help) at night, they can. So they do.

Plus it allows for the potential of an "abductor" entering your unlocked apartment and "stealing" one of your children. So you can set up a Fund. And become Ambassadors for Missing Children.

IMO

Some people just shouldn't have children.

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/some-have-doubts-about-ocean-clubs.html

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 233
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum