The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

The latest news: there is no news!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The latest news: there is no news!

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 12.03.14 21:19

@Casey5 wrote:
@TheTruthWillOut wrote:
@Casey5 wrote:
@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:And what the hell is going on with the libel trial???
Is it possible that the British have just refused to answer the Portuguese judge's queries?
They do have form for not co-operating, bank statements, mobile phone records, heath records etc.
What would happen to the libel trial if Justice Hogg tells the Portuguese judge to p... off - politely of course..

That's something I didn't know.....I thought the libel trial was a civil case between the Mc's and Amaral and nothing to do with the UK police?

Do you have a link to what the judges queries are?

Thanks.
The libel trial is a civil case, I didn't say it had anything to do with the police of either country. It's between the Portuguese judge and Justice Hogg who handled the WOC. All the info is on the Libel Trial topic on the main page.
In the "missing Madeleine case" the Home Secretary refused to hand over info on the McCanns bank statements and the Portuguese police had no luck in getting the info they required in other areas.
That's what I meant when I say there is a previous history of non- cooperation from the British to the Portuguese, it matters little whether it's the libel trial or the SY investigation. Non-cooperation is non-cooperation and it shouldn't happen.

Yeah I shouldn't have said UK police, but Hogg and the WOC thing seems to just be a legal technicality thing? I admit I haven't followed the various legal/libel proceedings in Portugal because I find it laughable they were allowed to happen.

I just can't understand why the Portuguese system didn't laugh it out of court in the first instance...
TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.03.14 8:18

One of the things that has surprised me about the libel trial is how very patient the McCanns are being about the delays.
This was a case they brought. They say they did it for the sake of their daughter. A decision was originally expected before Christmas, then it was supposed to happen very early in January; now it's mid-March and nobody mentions it any more – a case that was so important that the McCanns must surely have spent a fortune on lawyers bringing it to court.
Usually when there's an opportunity to have a go at the inefficient Portuguese authorities, our newspapers are very quick off the mark to express their negative views. Yet the mysterious disappearance of the great McCann-Amaral libel case has apparently gone unnoticed. And unlike the time Madeleine herself disappeared, nobody seems to be talking to the press and making a noise about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.03.14 8:32

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:
@Casey5 wrote:
@TheTruthWillOut wrote:
@Casey5 wrote:
@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:And what the hell is going on with the libel trial???
Is it possible that the British have just refused to answer the Portuguese judge's queries?
They do have form for not co-operating, bank statements, mobile phone records, heath records etc.
What would happen to the libel trial if Justice Hogg tells the Portuguese judge to p... off - politely of course..

That's something I didn't know.....I thought the libel trial was a civil case between the Mc's and Amaral and nothing to do with the UK police?

Do you have a link to what the judges queries are?

Thanks.
The libel trial is a civil case, I didn't say it had anything to do with the police of either country. It's between the Portuguese judge and Justice Hogg who handled the WOC. All the info is on the Libel Trial topic on the main page.
In the "missing Madeleine case" the Home Secretary refused to hand over info on the McCanns bank statements and the Portuguese police had no luck in getting the info they required in other areas.
That's what I meant when I say there is a previous history of non- cooperation from the British to the Portuguese, it matters little whether it's the libel trial or the SY investigation. Non-cooperation is non-cooperation and it shouldn't happen.

Yeah I shouldn't have said UK police, but Hogg and the WOC thing seems to just be a legal technicality thing? I admit I haven't followed the various legal/libel proceedings in Portugal because I find it laughable they were allowed to happen.

I just can't understand why the Portuguese system didn't laugh it out of court in the first instance...

I can't see a judge spending much time investigating the WOC situation. 

Any non-co-operation from the British judiciary and she'll simply tell the McCanns that they have x number of days to produce the WOC documents and to prove that they are legally entitled to act on Madeleine's behalf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 18.03.14 20:46

I put this on the  Leveson thread but it got lost straightaway. So re-posting here.
-----------------------------------
I caught the tail end of video interview by Jon Snow of the author Irvine Welsh(speaking from Miami - does he live there?)

A large cohort of celebs etc have signed a petition urging the press to accept the Royal Charter. I noticed a camera zoomed in on a pile of newspapers and the Express was the only one pulled out so you could read the headline "MADELEINE".That's what made me take notice. There was a lot of blah from Welsh. Jon Snow made a big point about press intrusion on Mick Jagger's grief although MJ himself hasn't complained. I have gone right off Jon Snow lately. This week he was reported as saying he thought of sex every time he met a woman. How yuk is that? And how intrusive and vile an idea that women coming into his orbit at work will have that ringing in their ears. Disgusting.

I didn't much care for the look of Welsh either. He looked a belligerent little oik and I wondered what stoked his fires.

Anyway, here is a bit about it on the BBC News site. Naturally GM was asked to comment.
--------------------------------------------------

Celebrities ask press to accept charter regulation plan

John Cleese, Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling, and Victoria Wood are among 200 performers, writers and academics calling on newspapers to agree to the Royal Charter on press regulation.

They have added their names to an advert from campaign group Hacked Off.

Its declaration says the charter, published a year ago, safeguards newspapers from political interference.

But the industry is setting up its own regulator. It says it fears the charter may allow outside control of the press.

Proposals to change the existing system of press regulation emerged following the phone-hacking affair and subsequent Leveson Inquiry into the ethics and practices of newspapers.

The Royal Charter was finally agreed by all three main political parties last October. It follows many of the recommendations of the Leveson Inquiry and proposes the Press Complaints Commission be replaced by a regulator with greater powers.

The tycoon Sir Richard Branson; actors Peter Capaldi, Michael Palin and Stephen Fry; comedians Rory Bremner and Miranda Hart; Professor Richard Dawkins; writer Salman Rushdie; film director Danny Boyle; playwrights Sir David Hare and Sir Tom Stoppard, and the former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams are among the other signatories to the advertisement backing the charter.

'Nothing to lose'
It appears in several newspapers and magazines and says a "free press is a cornerstone of democracy.

"It has nothing to lose, and can only be enhanced, by acknowledging unethical practice in its midst and acting firmly to ensure it is not repeated."

The declaration signed by the celebrities adds that "editors and journalists will rise in public esteem when they accept a form of self-regulation that is independently audited on the lines recommended by Lord Justice Leveson.

"It is our view that this Charter safeguards the press from political interference while also giving vital protection to the vulnerable."

Hacked Off has carried out a high-profile campaign, led by actors Hugh Grant and Steve Coogan, to reform the press in the wake of the Leveson report.

The group, which says it relies on donations from supporters for its funding, has been pressing for the Royal Charter to be adopted.

Meanwhile, a new regulatory body, called the Independent Press Standards Organisation, is being set up by most of the national newspapers.

It will have similar powers of imposing fines on newspapers for breaches of a standards code to those being proposed by the Royal Charter.

'Stand with victims'
But it has been criticised by groups such as the Media Standards Trust for not being sufficiently independent of the big newspaper groups.

However, the BBC's media correspondent David Sillito says the newspapers are unlikely to agree to any oversight by the committee proposed by the Royal Charter that seeks to ensure the standards laid out in the Leveson Report.

Gerry McCann, father of missing Madeleine McCann, has been one of Hacked Off's most prominent supporters.

Mr McCann said it was "not a surprise" that so many public figures had put their names to the campaign.

He went on: "But it is very gratifying that they are prepared to stand publicly with the victims of press abuse and call on the newspapers to comply with the Royal Charter.

"http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26623103
-------------------------------------------------

Pity he never complied with the investigation in Portugal and went back with his pals to do a reconstruction.  He's a fine one to preach about complying.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.03.14 21:19

Ah, but there's 'a sting in this particular tail'
-----------------------------------------------

The Paper's could be liable for a £1.000.000.00p 'fine' if they print something that is NOT 'true'

So there goes the McCanns 'bleating' on about 'Madeleine WAS abducted'

Is THAT 'true'?

There's NO irrefutable 'evidence' that she was, supplied by the McCanns or anybody else, for that matter.

So when the papers do NOT 'print' the McCanns and their family 'sauce' spokesmans insistence that Madeleine WAS 'abducted' by 'burglators, gypsies, Mafia types, paedos, professional 'abductors' etc the McCanns will be the very first ones to 'complain' to the new 'watchdog' that the papers are NOT printing their 'latest' stories!

Be careful what you wish for Mr and Mrs McCann!

Incidentally, musing, we on this forum, will be able to go to the new press 'complaints' body if the papers DO print 'Madeleine was abducted' without the papers having a scintilla of 'evidence' that THAT is TRUE.

My understanding of what is 'proposed' is that the media will NOT be able to print the words 'abducted/ abduction' when reporting in relation to the Madeleine McCann case.

WITHOUT SUPPORTING 'EVIDENCE' THAT 'ABDUCTION' IS A 'TRUE STATEMENT OF FACT'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.03.14 21:48

@Mirage wrote:
The tycoon Sir Richard Branson; actors Peter Capaldi, Michael Palin and Stephen Fry; comedians Rory Bremner and Miranda Hart; Professor Richard Dawkins; writer Salman Rushdie; film director Danny Boyle; playwrights Sir David Hare and Sir Tom Stoppard, and the former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams are among the other signatories to the advertisement backing the charter.

What is it with these people? From their omnipresence you would think they were the only living human beings on the planet. The fact that every single one of them is an A-grade pain in the arse doesn't do much to endear them to me, admittedly, but why does everything seem to need to be run past the likes of Danny Boyle and Stephen Fry for approval first? They're hardly the greatest sages of our time, although I guess we are supposed to think that they are. Well pardon me for being able to form my own opinions. And as for Rowan Williams, I wouldn't piss on him if he spontaneously combusted, which incidentally I think has every chance of happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 18.03.14 22:06

@jeanmonroe wrote:Ah, but there's 'a sting in this particular tail'
My understanding of what is 'proposed' is that the media will NOT be able to print the words 'abducted/ abduction' when reporting in relation to the Madeleine McCann case.
WITHOUT SUPPORTING 'EVIDENCE' THAT 'ABDUCTION' IS A 'TRUE STATEMENT OF FACT'

And is it not noticeable that since McCanns - v - Bennett and Mrs Martorell's capitulation, admission, craven withdrawal, (or whatever is the appropriate word or phrase,) that she had NO EVIDENCE TO PUT BEFORE A COURT THAT MADELEINE HAD BEEN ABDUCTED, and that further that she was only blabbering on with the words she had been given to say by the two principal suspects in the case . . .
almost no one has used the term.
The press now use words like unexplained disappearance, reported disappearance, and so on.
Even their Portuguese lawyer seems to veer away from saying it.
Red-Wood-Tree has declared to the entire world that his revelation has stuffed the only version they ever had.
And we note that no alternative explanation has since been advanced.
No further time line has been put forward, even the sycophants have not been able to put together an explanation
The time window for Smithman, even if we allow that he existed at all, is even tighter than Tannerman's 1 minute and 20 seconds.
And they know that. All of them.
Gerry, Kate, Mitchell, the Tapas group.

Redwood has told that world that THERE WAS NO ABDUCTION.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 18.03.14 22:24

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@Mirage wrote:

What is it with these people? From their omnipresence you would think they were the only living human beings on the planet. The fact that every single one of them is an A-grade pain in the arse doesn't do much to endear them to me, admittedly, but why does everything seem to need to be run past the likes of Danny Boyle and Stephen Fry for approval first? They're hardly the greatest sages of our time, although I guess we are supposed to think that they are. Well pardon me for being able to form my own opinions. And as for Rowan Williams, I wouldn't piss on him if he spontaneously combusted, which incidentally I think has every chance of happening.

Good old Clay. Thanks for getting that out of my system for me.  I don't trust myself to say what urgently needs to be said about the likes of this motley crew. To see that knit-your-own -clothes-weave-your-own sandals clot Rowan Williams on the list is no surprise. A fat lot of good he did for the Canterbury See when in situ, just self-indulgent rambling and navel-gazing at the annual Sod-In (Synod). About as much use to the faithful as a chocolate censer. All cosying up to each other and treating the rest of humanity as if they were gin-sodden detritus who just staggered out of a Hogarth etching,

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.03.14 22:30

All of the majority of 200+ of them ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 19.03.14 0:43

I don't know where to post this so Admin please move if required.
Re there not been any news, well true there isn't any news, just lots of trivia, imo. I read this last Sunday in the Culture section in the Spanish edition of the Sunday Times, page 5, entitled 100 Makers of the 21st Century.............people who are shaping out lives........and found, Madeleine McCann. QUOTE, Seven years of investigations and speculations have yielded precious little information about ' Maddy', who disappeared in Portugal aged three. That very silence means hers remains a defining name of our age. END QUOTE.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 19.03.14 1:12

@Nina wrote:I don't know where to post this so Admin please move if required.
Re there not been any news, well true there isn't any news, just lots of trivia, imo. I read this last Sunday in the Culture section in the Spanish edition of the Sunday Times, page 5, entitled 100 Makers of the 21st Century.............people who are shaping out lives........and found, Madeleine McCann. QUOTE, Seven years of investigations and speculations have yielded precious little information about ' Maddy', who disappeared in Portugal aged three. That very silence means hers remains a defining name of our age. END QUOTE.

Yes, I noticed that.  It is encouraging they wrote "disappeared" and not abducted. "Disappeared" has become a bit of a marker in the media.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.03.14 10:36

Post Leveson, the printed meedja can/will ONLY be able to 'print' stories/claims/investigations that are FACTUALLY correct.

(subject to punitive 'fines')

Just reminded myself that the McCanns did NOT say either of the 'A' words, in relation to their daughter Madeleine, whilst actually giving 'evidence' at Leveson.

Reminded myself, again, the McCanns, at Leveson, were, for the one and only time in their lives, UNDER OATH.

So, will the claim 'Madeleine McCann WAS abducted' ever again appear in our meedja?

A huge 'fine' awaits for those 4 words, £250.000 per word!

Unless of course, the meedja can PROVE it was/is FACTUALLY correct that what they have printed/will print, about 'abduction of Madeleine McCann', is TRUE, unequivocally.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Shuffle on 19.03.14 10:37

Just reading the live transcripts of the OP trial, all of a sudden I see this from Brunty: 

#Madeleine Scot Yard detectives appeal for info on previous abduction attempts in Algarve before Madeleine McCann vanished in 2007.

Silver Shuffle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.03.14 10:45

Jeff Anderson‏@jeffanderson30·10 mins
New developments on the Madeleine McCann case - full report on tonight's @bbccrimewatch BBC One, 9pm #madeleine #mccann

martinbrunt‏@skymartinbrunt·11 mins
#Madeleine Scot Yard detectives appeal for info on previous abduction attempts in Algarve before Madeleine McCann vanished in 2007.
---------------------------------------------

LOTS of 'i remember NOW' Algarve 'stories' about how 'my blonde cutey girl was looked at, all funny like' by 'a nasty, horrible, foreign swarthy gypsy (insert number) YEARS ago. (preferably about 6/7 years ago) 'I'm sure he was going to abduct her, or attempt to abduct her'. 'It reminds me, vividly, of the poor McCanns ordeal' said the wannabe zlebrity erm, distraught mother.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.03.14 10:53

@jeanmonroe wrote:Jeff Anderson‏@jeffanderson30·10 mins
New developments on the Madeleine McCann case - full report on tonight's @bbccrimewatch BBC One, 9pm #madeleine #mccann

#Madeleine Scot Yard detectives appeal for info on previous abduction attempts in Algarve before Madeleine McCann vanished in 2007.

Call me cynical, but is an announcement on the libel case due?
These things usually come along together - like buses.

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 19.03.14 10:54

@jeanmonroe wrote:Jeff Anderson‏@jeffanderson30·10 mins

Scotland Yard announcements do seem to coincide with developments in the libel trial - maybe it's about to be resumed.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.03.14 10:55

@jeanmonroe wrote:
Just reminded myself that the McCanns did NOT say either of the 'A' words, in relation to their daughter Madeleine, whilst actually giving 'evidence' at Leveson.
Reminded myself, again, the McCanns, at Leveson, were, for the one and only time in their lives, UNDER OATH.

So it remains the case that the only person who has ever said "Abduction" under oath was Mrs Martorell, and she immediately and unequivocally withdrew it, saying she had no evidence except what she had been told by the two principal suspects.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.03.14 11:05

@PeterMac wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

So it remains the case that the only person who has ever said "Abduction" under oath was Mrs Martorell, and she immediately and unequivocally withdrew it, saying she had no evidence except what she had been told by the two principal suspects.

But NO such 'qualms' about using the 'A' word, from the Metropolitan Police.

"The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before."

"It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter..."

So, the McCanns themselves, their TWO highly paid lawyers, here and in Portugal, are NOT saying the 'A' word/s in relation to the 'disappearance of Madeleine McCann, BUT the 'investigating' Met Police ARE!

Hmmm. What's all THAT 'about'?

Maybe it's that DCI Redwood has ONLY this 'specific' remit (I wuz only following orders m'lud) and cannot change, and is NOT 'allowed' to change the remit or his 'opinion' for fear of portraying the Met, on national TV, and himself as a 'blinking' idiots!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 19.03.14 11:17

@Silver Shuffle wrote:Just reading the live transcripts of the OP trial, all of a sudden I see this from Brunty: 

#Madeleine Scot Yard detectives appeal for info on previous abduction attempts in Algarve before Madeleine McCann vanished in 2007.
All they need to do is ring up the editors of the UK papers and ask because these 'stories' only originated from them.
SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.03.14 11:25

BBC NEWS RIGHT NOW! MET POLICE.

DCI REDWOOD.

LONE SEX 'ATTACKER' BETWEEN 2004-2010 (12 'attacks')

SHORT dark HAIR!

So NOT 'Tannerman' then!

AND 'he' didn't 'abduct' ANY of his 'victims'!

Oh, Andy, please, DO THE PROPER INVESTIGATION YOU AND YOUR 38 MADDIE COPS ARE BEING PAID TO DO!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.03.14 11:34

SKY NEWS NOW!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 19.03.14 11:39

jeanmonroeSKY NEWS NOW!
Just saw it Jean. More burglars and intruders  aaagh
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 19.03.14 11:41

Depressingly, but not at all unexpectedly, the update on the Met's web site concludes with the following paragraph (my emphasis)

"The Metropolitan Police Service continues to offer a reward of up to £20,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the person(s) responsible for the abduction of Madeleine McCann from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May 2007."

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Smelly, pot-belly man

Post by Doug D on 19.03.14 12:30

Thank you Andy B.

For posterity, so it can never disappear:

http://www.met.police.uk/madeleine-mccann-appeal/

Officers from Operation Grange investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have today issued a further appeal for information.
During the course of their enquiries, officers have identified a potential linked series of twelve crimes which occurred between 2004 and 2010, mostly in low season, whereby a male intruder has gained access to mainly holiday villas occupied by UK families on holiday in the Western Algarve.
In four cases between 2004 and 2006 the man sexually assaulted 5 white girls, aged between 7 and 10 years, whilst in their beds. On one of these occasions, he assaulted two girls in the same villa.
Whilst not identical, there are many similar aspects to each of the incidents in that in most cases there were no signs of forced entry to the property, nothing was taken, and the intruder appeared in the early hours of the morning between 02.00hrs and 05.00hrs.
The suspect may have been in the villa or looking round the villa for some time before committing the offences or being disturbed either by a parent, or the child waking up.
He remained calm, even when disturbed.
On two occasions the noise of a bin collection lorry could be heard nearby.
Of the twelve offences, there were four in Carvoeiro, six in the Vale da Parra , Praia da Gale district and two in Praia da Luz.
Witnesses describe the man as having dark (as in tanned) skin with short dark unkempt hair. He spoke in English with a foreign accent, his voice was described as slow, or possibly slurred.
He was sometimes bare chested, some describe him as having a pot belly, and three victims said that he had a noticeable odour.
On two occasions in Vale de Parra and Praia da Gale he was wearing a distinctive burgundy long sleeve top, on one of those occasions it was described as having a white circle on the back.
DCI Andy Redwood, the senior investigating officer said today,
“We need to establish the identity of this man.
“These offences are very serious and no one has been charged in connection with them. We also need to eliminate this man from our enquiries and ascertain whether these offences are linked to Madeleine’s disappearance.
“If you have been a victim of a similar crime please come forward even if you reported the incident to police in Portugal, or anywhere else, please do not assume we have been made aware of it .
“While some of these offences have been in the public domain before, following our appeal in October three more were reported to us as a direct result of that appeal. One of those reports we believe is the first in the potential series.
“Please call us on 0800 0961011 if you are within the UK. The number for non-UK residents is +44 207 1580 126. Alternatively if you do not want to speak to us directly you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
“Our appeal last year was very successful and we had over 5,000 calls which generated new information for us and which we continue to investigate.
“We still need to establish the identity of a man seen by three witnesses, carrying a child fitting Madeleine's description towards the beach or town areas at about 2200 on the night Madeleine disappeared. The witnesses have described the man in the e-fits as being white, aged in his 30s, with short brown hair, of medium build, medium height and clean shaven.
"The Metropolitan Police Service continues to offer a reward of up to £20,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the person(s) responsible for the abduction of Madeleine McCann from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May 2007. "

So apart from wrong ages, wrong times of night, no abductions, this MUST be the MAN.

Is there any point in watching Crimewatch tonight? (Unless, cross-fingers, this is just another elimination prospect that Uncle Andy has to follow in his endeavours to eventually 'prove the circumstantial'?) 

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum