The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CROCODILE 'TEARS' FROM HOGAN-HOWE! - Page 3 Mm11

CROCODILE 'TEARS' FROM HOGAN-HOWE! - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CROCODILE 'TEARS' FROM HOGAN-HOWE! - Page 3 Mm11

CROCODILE 'TEARS' FROM HOGAN-HOWE! - Page 3 Regist10

CROCODILE 'TEARS' FROM HOGAN-HOWE!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CROCODILE 'TEARS' FROM HOGAN-HOWE! - Page 3 Empty Re: CROCODILE 'TEARS' FROM HOGAN-HOWE!

Post by coati mundi Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:33 am

I've just joined this discussion, but I would ask people to reflect on the scope and depth of police corruption and lying that is emerging from the Laurence case. I would like to think that the SY investigation about the McCanns  would point in the right direction eventually, but I'm not holding my breath.They spied on the a family whose son had been murdered and although they admit that a police officer killed Blair Peach, no-one has ever ben arrested for it.

They haven't spent £7 million to enlighten us as to the farcical version of things that that the McCann parents wish us to believe but, I think, to obfuscate MBM's disappearance and conclude that there is no solution to it and that we can never know

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but I still have optimism of the will
coati mundi

Activity : 237

Back to top Go down

CROCODILE 'TEARS' FROM HOGAN-HOWE! - Page 3 Empty Re: CROCODILE 'TEARS' FROM HOGAN-HOWE!

Post by jeanmonroe Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:41 am

coati mundi wrote:I've just joined this discussion, but I would ask people to reflect on the scope and depth of police corruption and lying that is emerging from the Laurence case. I would like to think that the SY investigation about the McCanns  would point in the right direction eventually, but I'm not holding my breath.They spied on the a family whose son had been murdered and although they admit that a police officer killed Blair Peach, no-one has ever ben arrested for it.

They haven't spent £7 million to enlighten us as to the farcical version of things that that the McCann parents wish us to believe but, I think, to obfuscate MBM's disappearance and conclude that there is no solution to it and that we can never know

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but I still have optimism of the will

Unless, of course, those damn pesky Portuguese 'shelve' their new investigation and RELEASE their second tranche of 'files' into the public domain.

A thing SY/Met have on control over, or power to, STOP.

Then we'll 'learn' all what was 'discussed' in the 20 'meetings' the Met have had, so they say, with PJ.

No wonder why Hog-Howe tried to pull THIS 'stroke' recently!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2576530/Met-chiefs-bid-use-secret-courts-seize-whistleblowers-files-foiled-victory-open-justice.html

Met chief's bid to use secret courts to seize whistleblowers' files is foiled in victory for open justice

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe used secret hearing to try to make BSkyB reveal correspondence between one of its reporters and the SAS

But the broadcaster successfully appealed against decision in High Court

Met still determined to overturn the ruling and establish the principle that it could submit secret evidence in closed hearings

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:33 am

Thanks for the DM link, Jean. Very concerning indeed. Only 14 comments but some citizens are waking from their slumbers to enquire what is going on. It all makes you wonder what N Koreans used to look like before they became zombies.

I was impressed by the forthrightness of broadcaster Petroc Trelawny on HH during the week (Sky newspaper review). He expressed disdain at HH's wallowing in his "worst day", commenting it would be more appropriate for him to be lamenting the worst day ever for the MET. He added that HH had come over as complacent.

That's what strikes me too. It's as if the old bruiser's been through the Teflon coating machine. Still looks rough as rats though despite best efforts, IMHO.

Why, as someone wrote on the DM's comments board, has this man not been sacked yet?
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:01 am

It seems Bernie has become something of a liability in that, far from being fireproof, he's no longer perceived as being a safe pair of hands by his political paymasters.  

His reign over the Met cannot be said to be anything other than inglorious with revelation after revelation (to coin Andy's phrase) marring what was intended to be a period in which public confidence in the capital's police force would take an upturn pending the next General Election. 

Instead, H-H has singularly failed to impress and his recent admission that the Met has fiddled its crime figures is 'partly true' has ensured that the customary announcement will be made in the not too distant future.

H-H's tenure as Commissioner of what was once regarded as the finest police force in the world is hanging from the most slender of threads and, far from him torpedoing Grange, it wouldn't be surprising if he's knocking on the door of a certain MIT looking for AR to rescue him from the mire, or at least provide the respite afforded by attention being diverted to the only success the Met has achieved since he took office.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:18 am

Met Police Press Release – Statement from the Commissioner

8th March 2014 (17.25)

The Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Service, Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, fully supports the call from Baroness Lawrence for decisive action following the publication of the reports by Mark Ellison QC and Chief Constable Mick Creedon.

The Commissioner will be replying privately to address all the detailed points made in her letter, which he has not yet seen.

In addition, the MPS is writing to Baroness Lawrence and to Mr Lawrence to request a meeting to share the findings of Operation Herne in private.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, said: "I want to assure Baroness Lawrence and Mr Lawrence, and the public, right now of my determination to act.

"Under my leadership, the Metropolitan Police will do all it can to redeem ourselves in their eyes. We will continue to seek to bring to justice those responsible for the murder of their son.

"I fully support the public inquiry announced by the Home Secretary on Thursday.

"I undertake to ensure that the Metropolitan Police shares everything with that inquiry and other investigations.

"The Metropolitan Police will not regain lost trust without honesty, openness and transparency.

"The amazing work of our officers and staff, day-in, day-out, to protect the people of London, risks being overshadowed if we do not all act with conviction and sincerity."

The Commissioner has already set in motion a series of actions to ensure that the current leadership of the MPS does everything it can to get to the truth about the past.

He is appointing an independently-led multi-disciplined team to look across the MPS for all records and data to assist the public inquiry and the other investigations. 

Sir Bernard would like to discuss with Baroness Lawrence and Mr Lawrence how this operates so that it can have their trust and confidence.

The Commissioner has already instructed his Professional Standards team to examine where both reports should lead to action against individual officers. This must be done with due process, which began as soon as the MPS received Mr Ellison's report on Thursday morning.

One officer has already been moved and that matter has been voluntarily referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

The Commissioner has also declared his intention to seek changes to employment laws to help recruit a Metropolitan Police Service that looks and feels like London.

His team has been working on proposals over the past year, to supplement the current recruitment campaign for 5,000 Constables. We need political support to make these changes.

The Commissioner has already committed to opening up the MPS to new leadership through direct entry at senior levels of policing. This is a unique opportunity to grow the number of very talented senior officers from minority backgrounds already working hard at the MPS on behalf of the people of London. 

The Commissioner will give a considered response, with a wider set of actions, once the MPS has fully assessed the Ellison and Creedon Reports, and the set of changes announced by the Home Secretary. The MPS will do this thoroughly and then act with urgency and commitment.

…………………………………….

17.25 on a Saturday. Ideal time to publish something like this, too late to get picked up by the Sunday’s without a lot of work on their part.

Line 2:
'The Commissioner will be replying privately to address all the detailed points made in her letter, which he has not yet seen'.

I'm sorry, but why let a statement like this get released, commenting on a letter which he has not yet seen. Doesn't make sense. Maybe he already has CM working behind the scenes for him!
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:24 am

or at least provide the respite afforded by attention being diverted to the only success the Met has achieved since he took office.
---------------------------------------------
????????????

"success"?

£7,500,000.00p and rising daily by £6,778.00p, 3 YEARS, 38 solely dedicated police to investigation, which has 'produced' NIL, NADA, ZILCH hardly 'qualfies' as a 'success', imo.

Unless i read it wrong.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:03 am

"The amazing work of our officers and staff, day-in, day-out, to protect the people of London, risks being overshadowed if we do not all act with conviction and sincerity."

Classic spin being employed?!
What he should have said was ..... The amazing work of the vast majority of our officers and staff, day-in, day-out, to protect the people of London, risks being overshadowed if we do not all act with conviction and sincerity."

justathought

Activity : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:37 am

jeanmonroe wrote:or at least provide the respite afforded by attention being diverted to the only success the Met has achieved since he took office.
---------------------------------------------
????????????

"success"?

£7,500,000.00p and rising daily by £6,778.00p, 3 YEARS, 38 solely dedicated police to investigation, which has 'produced' NIL, NADA, ZILCH hardly 'qualfies' as a 'success', imo.

Unless i read it wrong.
Oops!  As AR is yet to produce the expected pair of rabbits out of the joint investigatory hat, please read it as 'attention being diverted to the only success the Met will have achieved since he took office".
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top