The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Your slip is showing...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your slip is showing...

Post by Okeydokey on 06.03.14 1:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Av3rvsj7E

Being somewhat of a conoisseur of McCann slips, I think this is a rather nice one at 42 secs on the video...

Gerry means to say "...we're informed..."  but begins to say "we're involved" before correcting in mid-word...it's quick so you have to listen quite carefully.

Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Re: Your slip is showing...

Post by Okeydokey on 06.03.14 2:03

...and a v. interesting and intense swallow when he talks about Madeleine being "taken from the apartment"...

Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.03.14 2:28

One can almost see the cogs in the wee one's brain endeavouring to select phrases which will make him appear to possess more than the average intelligence which is his lot in life, and he still manages to mangle the words he's chosen.  

I can imagine that when Mr Tiny Tears is in full flood he's rendered unintelligible by rage and frustration at what he perceives as the stupidity of others and, far from being the relaxed and genial husband and father described in certain witness statements, I suspect the ginger laddie from the Gorbals loses the plot and goes into one at the slightest provocation, such as not being able to find the family toothbrush where he last left it or not being able to get his own way in all things.   

I have a vision of him being something of a vertically challenged Basil MacFawlty, beating his car with a tree branch caber when it won't start  big grin
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.03.14 8:26

That man must have the cleanest eyeballs on the planet.

His view of the world must be like one of those old-timey black and white movies that constantly flicker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 06.03.14 15:09

Poe wrote:That man must have the cleanest eyeballs on the planet.

His view of the world must be like one of those old-timey black and white movies that constantly flicker.

But he used to have hay fever - because he was always scratching his nose...doesn't do it anymore...must have cured himself!

Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.03.14 16:43

Okeydokey wrote:
But he used to have hay fever - because he was always scratching his nose...doesn't do it anymore...must have cured himself!
He had Terfenadine / Seldane with him on the holiday for hay fever. A drug withdrawn from use and prescription in 1998 as it was too dangerous.
What he was doing with it in 2007 is a complete mystery.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 06.03.14 17:37

Okeydokey wrote:
Poe wrote:That man must have the cleanest eyeballs on the planet.

titter    Where is Mr. these days I wonder, haven't seen him on the box for a good while now?

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.03.14 18:00

It has become something of a 'where's McWally? plebgate.   The last sighting of 2013 was of the solitary wee one outside a court building in Lisbon since when he was seen in the company of his spouse at a footie match.   And that's it.   I wonder if the family source can shed any light on his current whereabouts?
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 06.03.14 18:02

McWally gone AWOLY   Ultima  titter

plebgate

Back to top Go down

scottish slip showing

Post by mariola on 06.03.14 19:15

ultimaThule wrote:It has become something of a 'where's McWally? plebgate.   The last sighting of 2013 was of the solitary wee one outside a court building in Lisbon since when he was seen in the company of his spouse at a footie match.   And that's it.   I wonder if the family source can shed any light on his current whereabouts?
wee one,gorbals caber,ginger etc .have you got issues with glasgow or just fantacies?

mariola

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.03.14 20:10

mariola wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:It has become something of a 'where's McWally? plebgate.   The last sighting of 2013 was of the solitary wee one outside a court building in Lisbon since when he was seen in the company of his spouse at a footie match.   And that's it.   I wonder if the family source can shed any light on his current whereabouts?
wee one,gorbals caber,ginger etc .have you got issues with glasgow or just fantacies?

welcome Mariola.

I'm flattered you've joined this forum especially to ask me that question and the answer is no, I don't have any issues with Glasgow.  I've throughly enjoyed every visit I've made to that usually freezing cold (after more southern climes) but warm-hearted city and I especially appreciate the humour of its inhabitants. 
Do you have any further questions you'd like to ask me?  If so, I'm listening Seattle...   big grin
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 06.03.14 20:34

[size=49.5]http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/cardio ... heme-event
[/size]

[size=49.5]Gerry at Leicester University event today.
[/size]

Casey5

Back to top Go down

your slip

Post by mariola on 06.03.14 23:39

ultimaThule wrote:
mariola wrote:

welcome Mariola.

I'm flattered you've joined this forum especially to ask me that question and the answer is no, I don't have any issues with Glasgow.  I've throughly enjoyed every visit I've made to that usually freezing cold (after more southern climes) but warm-hearted city and I especially appreciate the humour of its inhabitants. 
Do you have any further questions you'd like to ask me?  If so, I'm listening Seattle...   big grin
it must be subconcious fantasies  then!I,m a big admirer of your posts and i have lots of questions but would probably get banned.btw mariola is my nombre artistica.Besos y un abrazo.

mariola

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 07.03.14 0:46

Gracias por tu cumplido, Mariola, y te deseo lo mejor  roses
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 07.03.14 9:08

Okeydokey wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Av3rvsj7E

Being somewhat of a conoisseur of McCann slips, I think this is a rather nice one at 42 secs on the video...

Gerry means to say "...we're informed..."  but begins to say "we're involved" before correcting in mid-word...it's quick so you have to listen quite carefully.

LIES, LIES, LIES! 'We've got an excellent relationship with the Portuguese police and we meet frequently'. Not according to your book Kate!

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 07.03.14 23:57

Cristobell wrote:
Okeydokey wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Av3rvsj7E

LIES, LIES, LIES!  'We've got an excellent relationship with the Portuguese police and we meet frequently'.  Not according to your book Kate!

Very good observation! They say whatever serves their purpose at a particular point in time.

Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.03.14 14:20

Here's another 'I'm sorry, I'll read that again" at 0.14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxHuwT__URc

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.03.14 14:42

MILLIE wrote:Here's another 'I'm sorry, I'll read that again" at 0.14

And the use of the word "Despair"
You despair when you have given up hope.
despair |diˈspe(ə)r|
noun
the complete loss or absence of hope :

This was early on, when Madeleine might have been found at any moment.
So why not an upbeat message, alive, out there, hope, search your outhouses, tell the police everything you know . . .

Yet again they were telling the world the truth.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.03.14 15:28

PeterMac wrote:

And the use of the word "Despair"
You despair when you have given up hope.
despair |diˈspe(ə)r|
noun
the complete loss or absence of hope :

This was early on, when Madeleine might have been found at any moment.
So why not an upbeat message, alive, out there, hope, search your outhouses, tell the police everything you know . . .

Yet again they were telling the world the truth.

Perhaps a better word would have been 'shock'. There were arguably several other stages to go through before the 'despair' phase. As I posted on an earlier thread, surely, at this early stage it would not have seemed unreasonable for the press statement to have included, for example, an enlarged image of Madeleine, so that people searching for her would know who they were looking for? And no description given of her either. No mention of a reward, no contact phone number etc etc. and no on the spot translator to put Gerry's words into Portugeuse for any Portuguese abductors who would struggle to understand a bloomin' word.  I think maybe the despair was a bit premature, given that at the time none of the above had been attempted let alone exhausted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 08.03.14 21:48

An interesting slip, but I can't make out the "mistake" word...it sounds like decre--

Maybe the pyschological problem is with the meaning of "request" - and the mental slip recognises the truth of the situation...that this is not a real request. I'll listen again.

Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

slip

Post by mariola on 08.03.14 21:54

Okeydokey wrote:

An interesting slip, but I can't make out the "mistake" word...it sounds like decre--

Maybe the pyschological problem is with the meaning of "request" - and the mental slip recognises the truth of the situation...that this is not a real request. I'll listen again.
require, as in we require lots of money!

mariola

Back to top Go down

slip

Post by mariola on 08.03.14 22:12

Okeydokey wrote:

got it .We RECOGNISE this looks dodgy but send the money anyway!

mariola

Back to top Go down

slip

Post by mariola on 08.03.14 22:23

Okeydokey wrote:

finally was it.We REGRET we messed up the staged abduction  but we need money bla,bla,bla!

mariola

Back to top Go down

slip

Post by mariola on 08.03.14 22:24

basta ya!over to you okeydokey.

mariola

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 09.03.14 2:09

mariola wrote:basta ya!over to you okeydokey.

It's definitely a D to the beginning of the mistake. Not sure if English is your first language. It can be v. difficult to pick these subtle variations in speech if it's not your language - I find the sounds of Portugese v. difficult to follow!

I have been going through that sequence again and what struck me now as much more important is what happens when he makes the mistake. They have been holding each other close but suddenly just after he makes the mistake he pulls away from Kate. The body language at that point speaks volumes! This for me is something full of meaning, the physical gesture is so strong (watch the sequence 12-20 seconds - it's v. clear).

I have listened again several times to the verbal slip.  

There is one mistaken word that fits:

deliquesce

It's almost a rhyme word for "request" in Gerry's Glaswegian accent (which tends to ride over the "L" and "T" in words).

Meaning:

[size=undefined](of organic matter) become liquid, typically during decomposition.[/size]

A word that a doctor would be familiar with.

OK, pure speculation, but it was an odd and not at all obvious mistake to begin with. 

Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum