The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Was Kate alone when she discovered Madeleine Missing?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was Kate alone when she discovered Madeleine Missing?

Post by sharonl on 25.02.14 16:09

There is some confusion here over where Gerry McCann was when Madeleine was found missing.

He seems to think that he was with Kate

Gerry tells Brian Healy the shutters were broken and the door was open, 05 May 2007

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id31.html

Extract from McCann files 1st reactions

"Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken, they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. "She'd been taken from the chalet. The door was open."

Full article:

Grandfather: evidence that three-year old was snatched [color:fc3b=000000]Guardian

Sandra Laville and Dale Fuchs in Faro
Saturday May 5 2007

The grandfather of a three-year-old snatched from her parents' holiday apartment in the Algarve said yesterday that there was clear evidence she had been abducted.

Police helicopters flew over Praia de la Luz yesterday as the hunt intensified for Madeleine McCann, who went missing from her bedroom in the apartment on Thursday night.

Teams of officers used sniffer dogs to scour the resort, in the south-west of Portugal, where Gerald McCann, a cardiac surgeon, and his wife Kate, had taken their three young children - Madeleine and her younger brother and sister, who are twins - for a week-long holiday.

Mark Warner, the holiday firm which runs the luxury resort, claimed last night there was no sign of a break in at the ground floor apartment overlooking the sea. But Brian Healy, Madeleine's maternal grandfather, told the Guardian his son-in-law had phoned him shortly after returning to the apartment from a nearby restaurant to find Madeleine had disappeared.

"Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken, they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. "She'd been taken from the chalet. The door was open."

Mr Healy flew to Portugal yesterday to lend support to his daughter Kate, 39, who is a Leicester GP, and son-in-law Gerry, 38, a consultant cardiologist at the city's Glenfield Hospital. He denied suggestions that the couple had simply left their three children alone while they ate in a restaurant.

"It is not right to say that they just left them," said Mr Healy. "They could see the chalet from where they were sitting in the restaurant, they were a hundred yards away. They went back every half hour to check on the children. When they returned at the end of their meal she was gone. My daughter can hardly speak. She is distraught, she is crying and in shock."
http://mccannfiles.com/id260.html

Dr Martin Roberts - Analysis of McCann media interviews

Extract:

The BBC's Jane Hill asks: "And then on the Thursday night, Kate, when you realised that she wasn't in her bed where you'd left her, did you think, even momentarily perhaps that she'd just woken up, wandered off of her own accord perhaps?"

KM: "Not at all, no." (long pause)

GM: "No, I mean, that, I think, was absolutely certain but, you know, before you raised the alarm, we double and treble checked, but we certainly had no doubt in our mind that she'd been taken."

So, GM appears to have been aware of Madeleine's absence earlier than 10.00 p.m. on May 3rd. (This circumstance is further alluded to under a subsequent topic heading – 'point of departure').

Extract:

3. Point of departure

The response on ITV about 'doing the wrong thing' is:

GM: "I think, you know, the messages of support, errm... and from the thousands of people who have said they would either do the same, or have done the same, have helped us, but it will not take away the feeling of guilt – that we will have with us forever – that at the moment Madeleine was abducted, we were not there. And I've tried to rationalise it. We do not think that what we did was irresponsible but it won't take away the guilt but equally, if we'd been in the adjacent bedroom and it had happened, I'm sure we would have felt equally as guilty and, of course, that we're not, but, you know, what has happened is done and we are absolutely focussed from the minute that we discovered her gone, that we have done, and will continue to do, everything in our power to find her."

We shall examine the emphatic references to guilt a little later. For now we observe, once again, mention of another bedroom, this time adjacent. But the only area that either bedroom was adjacent to was the lounge. One need only interpret GM’s previous 'next door' reference as meaning within the apartment, to arrive at a coherent picture. Even had they been in their bedroom at the time, the McCanns would still feel guilty for Madeleine’s having been 'taken' from the adjacent lounge (and then into the bedroom in question, whence she was later removed, as already pointed up independently by KM). There is, in addition, confirmation here that the McCanns together discovered Madeleine was 'taken' ('from the minute we discovered her gone'). Indeed, GM will later claim (for Antena 3): "…nothing that's happened to us in this time…has come close to upsetting us the way we felt when we discovered Madeleine missing."

Extract:

Q (Antena 3): "Investigators are expecting publication of the results of DNA tests which it is thought might incriminate you. How do you deal with that?"

KM: "Well, they're not gonna show anything to implicate us, so I'm not... you know, I'm not concerned, If I'm honest."

And if KM were not honest, what then?

Q: "Since that day, in all this time, nearly six months, is there anything you regret, anything you think you didn't do properly?"

GM: "Not from the moment we found her gone."

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Kate alone when she discovered Madeleine Missing?

Post by tigger on 26.02.14 3:26

Well, he would say that wouldn't he?  He was on his way back from  his walk in PdL at the time.

I believe that DW went to 5a and does not place Gerry there. She was then sent back to the Tapas to look after their things.

All that fits well with an earlier alarm and things still to do.

A subdued alarm as early as 9.30 - 9.45. This is played down (possibly because the decoy walk hasn't been fitted in yet) alarm at Tapas repeated at 10sh although waiters have noted table empty earlier.
Mrs. Fenn doesn't hear alarm till around 10.30.
By then, thanks to Smiths' curiosity, G decides to go for the JT version with independent alibi attached.
So a new timeline is needed urgently and an extra check at 9.30 added.

Say for argument's sake that the original time was set for 10.30 and around 9.30 a call from the UK confirms the media has been informed. Would be quite logical that Mrs.Carpenter heard someone calling her name whilst deciding how to adjust the plan.
We get early reports between 9.30 and 10.00 - whatever happens, Tapas will give Gerry an alibi so he goes through with the walk, which is also a disaster, on top of the shutters, the too early start in the UK and so on.

Just musing here .....they probably did find her 'gone' together, but imo on the 29th/30th.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 3:42

OT, sorry,

Two year old children DO have memories;

Why were the twins so dopey the night of the 3rd?

Someone afraid they might notice something?

And tell, in their innocence?

Why were they never interviewed by experts/child psychologists, when the opportunity existed

Hell, maybe they remember even now! I mean, a last memory of their sister could well be engraved in their minds, couldn't it?

Do we have someone in the house who could shed some light on this?

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 26.02.14 4:18

@Portia wrote:OT, sorry,

Why were they never interviewed by experts/child psychologists, when the opportunity existed

Hell, maybe they remember even now! I mean, a last memory of their sister could well be engraved in their minds, couldn't it?

From my understanding there would be little chance of a twin remembering anything due to infantile amnesia. The memory really only starts to develop properly at around 2 -3 years therefore that is the age when you start to have memories of life..

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 4:44

@tigger wrote:Well, he would say that wouldn't he?  He was on his way back from  his walk in PdL at the time.

I believe that DW went to 5a and does not place Gerry there. She was then sent back to the Tapas to look after their things.

A subdued alarm as early as 9.30 - 9.45. This is played down (possibly because the decoy walk hasn't been fitted in yet) alarm at Tapas repeated at 10sh although waiters have noted table empty earlier.
By then, thanks to Smiths' curiosity, G decides to go for the JT version with independent alibi attached.

Say for argument's sake that the original time was set for 10.30 and around 9.30 a call from the UK confirms the media has been informed. Would be quite logical that Mrs.Carpenter heard someone calling her name whilst deciding how to adjust the plan.
We get early reports between 9.30 and 10.00 - whatever happens, Tapas will give Gerry an alibi so he goes through with the walk, which is also a disaster, on top of the shutters, the too early start in the UK and so on.

Just musing here .....they probably did find her 'gone' together, but  imo on the 29th/30th.

Watching has compiled a table of creche taking/collecting of McC children (page 4).  If MBM was gone by 29th/30th who was the child in the creche:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7549p30-some-random-stuff-on-phones

I'll answer my own question.  Just been searching and found Kiko suggests it's Robert Naylor's daughter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 12:03

Ladyinred wrote:

I'll answer my own question.  Just been searching and found Kiko suggests it's Robert Naylor's daughter.

He does a bit more than "suggest" it, in my opinion. In fact I'd say the most bizarre aspect of this case at the moment is that this stuff is flying around Twitter unchallenged and nobody, but nobody, seems to be interested. It's even quite hard to get discussion of it going on this very forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 12:21

Clay, there are several threads on the forum regarding creche ins/outs from several years ago, in fact there is one entitled, 'Substitute Child' which I found earlier today.  You've probably read some of them.  Feel free to start a discussion and see what happens!

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 26.02.14 12:43

Kiko does indeed do more than suggest a sub child, but it is not the Naylor girl he theorises was the substitute. The Naylor girl's friend, with the same name as Maddie but a different spelling, was the sub and Kiko believes that Gerry signed in both girls at the crèche, forging Naylor's signature.
 There were problems according to Kiko when one girl would not attend without the other. That meant panic re the crèche trips.

Sub's initials according to Kiko are MR and Kiko also writes about her father, JR. His twitter account tells all and in fact I believe if you put kikorat[t]on in our search box you will find many of his thoughts re this case.

The entries were dodgy from the first day at crèche, meaning for Kiko that there was premeditation and he does not believe that Maddie was alive for long after her arrival.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 12:44

Ladyinred wrote:Clay, there are several threads on the forum regarding creche ins/outs from several years ago, in fact there is one entitled, 'Substitute Child' which I found earlier today.  You've probably read some of them.  Feel free to start a discussion and see what happens!

Thanks, Ladyinred, I'm pretty sure I've read every thread on the site at one time or another. What I meant was, I thought that Dewi Lennard apparently identifying a major plank of evidence that demolishes the official version of events would be THE hot topic of conversation here, instead of whatever the Daily Star has to say this week. Has Naylor been interviewed by SY? Are the McCanns even aware of what is being claimed on Twitter? I can't believe they're not. Why don't they challenge it and/or sue? Does the Naylor child know what is being said about her? Where is she now? etc. etc.

Why don't the media pick up the baton?

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 26.02.14 12:50

one of Kikoraton's postings on the forum

Excellent work being done here, bringing everything together.
So we have KM's word for it that 28 April was the anniversary of Madeleine's death? Well, thank you, Kate. I would have put a little more money on the early hours of 29 April, given a choice between the two. But who am I to argue?
Those writings showing the ticks on the "A" have been zoomed up beautifully, Stella. Didn't achieve that, with my limited skills! Could you email them to me?
Question is, since Madeleine died on 28 April, how come Gerry and Naylor had the record-signing thingie in place by 29 April? I mean, without careful pre-meditation and planning, how could you achieve that, with a total stranger?
And all that lying stuff about "never called her Maddie"!!!! That suggests strongly to me that the substitute girl, probably daughter of friends or relatives of the Naylors, was known as (sounds like) Madeleine, but never as Maddie.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 13:06

@russiandoll wrote:one of Kikoraton's postings on the forum

Excellent work being done here, bringing everything together.
So we have KM's word for it that 28 April was the anniversary of Madeleine's death? Well, thank you, Kate. I would have put a little more money on the early hours of 29 April, given a choice between the two. But who am I to argue?
Those writings showing the ticks on the "A" have been zoomed up beautifully, Stella. Didn't achieve that, with my limited skills! Could you email them to me?
Question is, since Madeleine died on 28 April, how come Gerry and Naylor had the record-signing thingie in place by 29 April? I mean, without careful pre-meditation and planning, how could you achieve that, with a total stranger?
And all that lying stuff about "never called her Maddie"!!!! That suggests strongly to me that the substitute girl, probably daughter of friends or relatives of the Naylors, was known as (sounds like) Madeleine, but never as Maddie.

I'm finding this info fascinating, russiandoll.  Dewi Lennard saying MBM died during the night/next morning of their arrival at PdL, two Londoners helped Gerry with the signing in/out at creche, and Tapas group not responsible for cover-up.  MBM never attended the creche.

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/madeleine-and-her-fabricated-abduction.html

If this is the case, what were the circumstances of MBM's death?

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 26.02.14 14:05

@Portia wrote:OT, sorry,

Portia
Apparently at two years old, a child starts to develop a declarative memory. Which includes episodic memory, and might have lead to them recalling certain things?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarative_memory
But we will never know, as the PJ, child support resources never tried to glean information, to the best of my knowledge. Would have seen no harm in having tried though and a missed opportunity? Unless there were serious child issues at stake from the twins going through the process? Not dissimilar to a missed opportunity to have taken a cutting of the twins hair at an early stages, to test for sedation.

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 26.02.14 14:23

LIR,,, will send you a PM.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 26.02.14 14:25

I think it a good possibility they were sedated so they would not witness the hysterics of their mother and father or to ensure they were one less issue to deal with as they acted out the script.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 14:27

Ladyinred wrote:

I just had a revelation moment that did not please me one bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 14:29

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:

What was that, Clay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 14:32

@justathought wrote:
Portia
Apparently at two years old, a child starts to develop a declarative memory. Which includes episodic memory, and might have lead to them recalling certain things?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarative_memory
But we will never know, as the PJ, child support resources never tried to glean information, to the best of my knowledge. Would have seen no harm in having tried though and a missed opportunity? Unless there were serious child issues at stake from the twins going through the process? Not dissimilar to a missed opportunity to have taken a cutting of the twins hair at an early stages, to test for sedation.

I know for a fact that my daughter could remember things pretty well at that age. One example - we visited Portugal in 2010, when she was not quite two. One of the restaurants we dined in had an old, friendly dog. The following year when we returned, she looked for the dog. Sadly it had died in the interim; I'm sure we made up some suitably appeasing rubbish to explain its absence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 14:33

Ladyinred wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:

What was that, Clay?

It's a bit far out but connected to another theory I have. I will meditate on it a bit before I decide whether to spill the beans or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 26.02.14 14:37

@sami wrote:I think it a good possibility they were sedated so they would not witness the hysterics of their mother and father or to ensure they were one less issue to deal with as they acted out the script.
sami
A key miss by the PJ and acknowledged by GA, was not carrying out a simple test on the twins for signs of sedation. Now we will, never know.
Easy to look back in hindsight but a possible vital mistake? Having said this, it has to be seen in the context that in the early days the PJ had Murat as a main focus and/or Team MCCann were already exerting significant pressure to completely exonerate the MCCanns.

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 26.02.14 14:43

@tigger wrote:Well, he would say that wouldn't he?  He was on his way back from  his walk in PdL at the time.

Just musing here .....they probably did find her 'gone' together, but  imo on the 29th/30th.
Mrs Carpenter hearing someone calling, 'Madeleine' at around 9.30 had me confused as I always thought M had died earlier in the week, however, I now think that 9.30 was in the plan. Kate left the Tapas and was on the balcony at 9.30 shouting , we know this because we have two witnesses who say so. The plan being that Kate would go at around 9.30 and set the scene.
I believe that it was Kate calling Madeleine's name, as she would do if she found her missing, so loud in fact that one person heard outside, therefore if needed this person could confirm to the police what she heard
The alarm was moved to 10.00pm for some reason that wasn't in the plan.
I am still thinking about that!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.02.14 14:51

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:

What was that, Clay?

It's a bit far out but connected to another theory I have. I will meditate on it a bit before I decide whether to spill the beans or not.

Clay, this case is extraordinary.

Have you finished meditating?  smilie

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 26.02.14 15:22

@Hicks wrote:Mrs Carpenter hearing someone calling, 'Madeleine' at around 9.30 had me confused as I always thought M had died earlier in the week, however, I now think that 9.30 was in the plan. Kate left the Tapas and was on the balcony at 9.30 shouting , we know this because we have two witnesses who say so. The plan being that Kate would go at around 9.30 and set the scene.
I believe that it was Kate calling Madeleine's name, as she would do if she found her missing, so loud in fact that one person heard outside, therefore if needed this person could confirm to the police what she heard

I suspect it was because they tried to get the shutters jemmied and they wouldn't jemmy. I suspect that the earlier visit of maintenance men to 5A to fix the shutters in Kate and Gerry's room might have been because they'd broken them trying a "trial run" of How to Do It. And I further suspect that they assumed it would be the same for the shutters in the kids' room - however when it came time to make them "jemmy"... for some reason it didn't work. I think some time was wasted trying to make it work... and it didn't. So the alarm was planned for 9.30 and delayed until 10.00pm, and they went without the shutters being broken, and decided to hope for the best by claiming they were.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 26.02.14 15:51

@canada12 wrote:
@Hicks wrote:Mrs Carpenter hearing someone calling, 'Madeleine' at around 9.30 had me confused as I always thought M had died earlier in the week, however, I now think that 9.30 was in the plan. Kate left the Tapas and was on the balcony at 9.30 shouting , we know this because we have two witnesses who say so. The plan being that Kate would go at around 9.30 and set the scene.

I suspect it was because they tried to get the shutters jemmied and they wouldn't jemmy. I suspect that the earlier visit of maintenance men to 5A to fix the shutters in Kate and Gerry's room might have been because they'd broken them trying a "trial run" of How to Do It. And I further suspect that they assumed it would be the same for the shutters in the kids' room - however when it came time to make them "jemmy"... for some reason it didn't work. I think some time was wasted trying to make it work... and it didn't. So the alarm was planned for 9.30 and delayed until 10.00pm, and they went without the shutters being broken, and decided to hope for the best by claiming they were.
Hadn't thought of that canada12. What day did the maintenance men go to 5a?
Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 26.02.14 15:51

Going back to the subject of the creche for a moment, there were a few things that until recently I didn't realise.

When you enrol a child into the creche she is put into a group of about 5 - 7 children.  

Each group has its own nanny, its very own room and a name. The nanny who is allocated that group is the nanny for that particular group for the whole week.

In Madeleines case, she was allegedly enrolled into Cat Bakers Lobster group.

At the end of the day, the children were not always collected from the creche, they were taken for tea near the tapas area where they would be handed back to their parents. 

Looking carefully at the creche records, each group has its very own register, the word LOBSTERS, being clearly written at the top of some of Cat Bakers records.  As the children were not always collected from the creche, we can safely conclude that the creche sheets were being signed after tea, near the tapas area, i.e they were taken out of the creche and carried around by the nannies.

Take a closer look at Cat Baker, a university student born in 1987, telling the PJ in 2007 that she was a nanny with years of experience.  

She has a Facebook friend of Chloe Corner, daughter of Jon Corner.

According to one news article she was already known to members of the tapas 9 (although) i suspect that it is the Wright family that she have known

There are discrepancies in her statement as to when she started work at the Ocean Club and to when she met Kate McCann for the first time.  She was introduced to kate as Madeleines' nanny for the week, on the evening of the 28th, yet she claims to have met Kate for the 1st time on the morning of the 29th when Madeleine was enrolled at the creche.

Cat became very close to the McCanns.  There are photos of her with the family in Portugal, she even visited them at home in Rothley.

Madeleines disappearance was obviously very upsetting but even so, the reaction from Cat Baker was way over what you would expect from a nanny who had known her for just a few days.

The only other nannies to have seen Madeleine at the creche was Charlotte Pennington (who conveniently arrived with Jane Tanner), who saw a number of things that backed up the McCanns. Good old Charlotte, always in the right place at the right time spotting things that no-one else had.  Then there was Rhiannon Fretter, nanny to a different group who when asked if she had seen Madeleine, gave a very vague reply, something like, "there was one little girl that i saw very briefly that may have been Madeleine".

So we have, just one person in charge of one group of less than 7 children, in a room of her own, with her own portable creche register who was very friendly with and visiting the McCanns.

Those creche sheets could have been signed anywhere and at any time, even at the McCanns apartment.

Another thing about the creche records is that the were very badly kept with even Cat signing her own name.

With the separate room, did we really need a substitute child every day?

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 26.02.14 15:59

@Hicks wrote:
@canada12 wrote:

Hadn't thought of that canada12. What day did the maintenance men go to 5a?
 Don't know what day it was exactly - it was earlier in the holiday. I'm in the group that suspects Madeleine died earlier than May 3... Kate apparently mentions the maintenance men in her bewk, and here's the man's statement:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARIO_MOREIRA.htm
but it doesn't unfortunately give the date!

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum