The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

An "Elephant in the room"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An "Elephant in the room"?

Post by justathought on 18.02.14 19:47

Apologies if this post comes over as being obtuse. Hope fellow posters realise why. Given not right to speculate and/or breach individuals right to privacy. Even those whom have used the media to there advantage and have been more than happy to relate personal details if it sold "copy", media coverage, a book etc.
My point is more about how the UK media operate and how they seem to live in fear of upsetting a certain couple, Seems that with many high profile cases the media strive to report any little scrap of a story. Te bigger the better, from there point of view. What better huge splash, than a couple separating. Could see the headline now, how "tragedy tore us apart". If the individuals weren't tempted to go down the route of selling there story, and rightly so. There are many hawks in the UK media whom would cash in. 
If the story of a separation is true, the media could easily "dig around" to prove it. Or they could sit tight, fearful of publishing anything. This post is not about the rights or wrong of what the UK media publish. But how they are manipulating the public, at the same time as being manipulated themselves in turn?! By super-injunctions, threats of legal action, being left out of stories etc.?

justathought

Back to top Go down

Re: An "Elephant in the room"?

Post by Who?What?Where? on 19.02.14 0:04

Why would the media want a real solution to this case, when it is a cash cow, that seems' to have kept on giving.

Maybe the udder's, really are dry. Some of them milked it, for all that they could.

Just move onto the next, media fuelled, cash cow. Cowells new baby, may sell some papers'

The upper echelons of the media may touch upon the truth, at times, but that is not their main focus. I am not certain, that the majority of them even care about the truth.

They love the money.

Who?What?Where?

Back to top Go down

Re: An "Elephant in the room"?

Post by justathought on 19.02.14 21:04

@Who?What?Where? wrote:Why would the media want a real solution to this case, when it is a cash cow, that seems' to have kept on giving.

Maybe the udder's, really are dry. Some of them milked it, for all that they could.

Just move onto the next, media fuelled, cash cow. Cowells new baby, may sell some papers'

The upper echelons of the media may touch upon the truth, at times, but that is not their main focus. I am not certain, that the majority of them even care about the truth.

They love the money.
Many thanks for your reply. Thought I was talking to myself!
I concur with everything you wrote. So true. And a sad indictment of the way the media operates in society today. 
For what its worth was watching the live Skynews coverage of the Ukraine situation on Skynews last night. One of the pundits asked to comment on the next days newspaper headlines (today's) said the UK public would not be interested. Despite the scenes and 18+dead. Thought at the time what an ignorant comment. But then reality set in and realised it was very true. A picture of Madeleine with some outrageous story sells copy in the Uk. Far more than burning barricades, deaths and an uprising in some foreign country!
Back to the case. Don't think the udders are dry. Many more stories to come and "copy" sold. So maybe they are biding there time, until the case is closed or resolved, to publish a big splash of a couples separation.

justathought

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum