The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

The McCann's planned abduction went wrong?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The McCann's planned abduction went wrong?

Post by Guest on 18.02.14 22:59

Yes a bit of time away from it does a world of good Mirage,frustrating times.
Hope the floods aren't affecting you badly. Sorry for OT.

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 18.02.14 23:39

@mysterion wrote:What about the offence caused to those who still live in humble places? Some of whom may be members of this forum.
Gosh, I have obviously spent too much time on here...or perhaps I have become fixated with subliminal messages. I could have sworn that your message said 'offence cause to those who still live in humble PALACES. Some of whom may be members OF PARLIAMENT.

Most people live in humble places....what's wrong with that?

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 18.02.14 23:44

@ultimaThule wrote:
@travis macbickle wrote:
@j.rob wrote:I suppose you can take the man out of the Glasgow tenement but you cannot necessarily take the Glasgow tenement out of the man.

(No offence intended to those people who have lived in Glasgow tenements. I might equally have written the same thing about someone growing up in a palace or a two-bedroom semi in Surbiton ).  big grin
cheap comment j.rob
On the contrary, it's a valid comment made using a phrase which, with geographic adaptation, is commonly used to denote those whose upward social mobility has failed to bring about any commeasurate alteration in their manners
Good point, Although I am sure it is very possible to have good manners and live in a tenement. And bad manners and live in a comfortable middle class suburb - or even a humble palace.

The McCanns achieved the distinction of bad manners irrespective of their environment.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 19.02.14 0:15

@worriedmum wrote:Sorry but why would you 'take' a talking child when her younger sibling was available? Doesn't make sense as a theory to me...
Three burglars?   thinking   Why didn't they take one child each?
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 19.02.14 0:21

@Mirage wrote:
Bellisa wrote:mirage, noticed your absence,glad to see you back!
Thanks Bellisa. I have confined myself to reading recently as the whole business was getting under my skin too much. Then came the weather!
I also noticed your absence and was wondering how you were faring earlier today (now yesterday).  

Glad you're back, Mirage.   Try not to let it get to you - it is what it is and there's not much we can do about it except propound our thoughts and relieve our angst here.   smilie
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 2:53

MarcoG wrote:I speculate the commotion started way too early. 
At around 9:20 pm clamour at the restaurant about the disappeared child.
 http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ARLINDO-PELEGA.htm

Following the disaster of the receptionist calling the police, way before Gerry, "at around 10:03 pm" told Kate to go check on the kids, as Gerry claimed as a witness.
Receptionist: http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HELDER_LUIS.htm

The member of staff who told the reception to phone the police, said in his statement that it was before 9:40 pm. Can't remember the name and right now I haven't got the time to read through it all to look it up.

Hadn't I also read somewhere the parents did not carry mobile phones nor watches? Somebody simply screwed up the execution of the plan by timing really bad. Imo. Dunno.
Strangest things. The receptionist says he phoned the police immediately after it was told the child had gone missing, between 9:30 and 22:00 pm. Shortly afterwards, J. Hill and Gerry McC came in and he phoned again.
This would fit the received calls in the policerecords if they hadn't been some one hour later, at 10:41 and 10:52 pm. 
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P11/11_VOLUME_XIa_Page_3051.jpg

I wouldn't have found it strange if not other witnesses had declared that between 9:00 and 10:00 pm, clamour, commotion, panic and despair had taken over the once so boringly quiet family resort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 3:31

Another example of earlier actions than the McCanns declared, and something, unlike the policerecords, that shows that receptionist Helder was not mistaking about the time he called the police.

Housing manager Santos: "remembers that at 22.00/22.15 he received a phone call from the reception, from receptionist Helder, who told him that John Hill was extremely agitated as a child had disappeared and that the GNR had been contacted but had not arrived yet. He added (the receptionist) that he had phoned the GNR post several times and that he had been told that they would arrive when they could but that they were investigating a theft in Odiaxere." http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR-SANTOS.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 19.02.14 8:02

MarcoG wrote:Another example of earlier actions than the McCanns declared, and something, unlike the policerecords, that shows that receptionist Helder was not mistaking about the time he called the police.

Housing manager Santos: "remembers that at 22.00/22.15 he received a phone call from the reception, from receptionist Helder, who told him that John Hill was extremely agitated as a child had disappeared and that the GNR had been contacted but had not arrived yet. He added (the receptionist) that he had phoned the GNR post several times and that he had been told that they would arrive when they could but that they were investigating a theft in Odiaxere." http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR-SANTOS.htm

The only problem with that is that the print - out of the GNR call log shows two calls around 10.40 pm. Unless it's the call log of MW, in which case there is no problem because I don't believe them.

I'm all for the early or possibly early forced alarm, but can't get past that one.

I've also always felt that Gerry is one of these people we all know:  going to launch the highest and most spectacular firework ever,  which usually lands at your feet.

This is from The link below - not that I agree with all of it   -

The evening at the Tapas restaurant was planned as the time where the abduction should take place, giving them all an alibi via the waiters and Dianne Webster. It was because of her that the rush from the table had to be staged before the actual disposal of the body took place because she would have noticed an earlier absence of Gerry. A risky plan. As early as 21:30 - 21:45 it was instigated by Kate who came running to the Tapas area entrance shouting at the group. Gerry immediately sprinted off for his meeting with the Smith family. The others followed not before Fiona had instructed Dianne to stay at the table “in case Madeleine would come to look for them“.

Dianne talked to the waiter a fact which later produced the statements about an early alarm way before 22:00. After about 5 minutes Dianne went into the McCann's apartment where she did not encounter Gerry who was still on his way towards the rocks. She spent about 10 minutes in the apartment, before being sent off again by Fiona to collect their belongings at the Tapas again. By now Gerry was back and possibly did a quick „search“ around the pool area to account for his previous whereabouts. When Dianne came back to the apartment the second time he was also there and never went on a search again. At around 22:30 (almost an hour after the first rush from the table) Mrs. Fenn heard Kate screaming from the balcony - a cry which had followed the second alarm – the official one – that led to the phone call to the police. The early rush from the table and the late second alarm explain why different person's statements varied almost about an hour in the time they had heard of the disappearance.

The encounter with the Smith family had been a disaster. Suddenly Gerry needed an alibi because he had been away from the table at the time of the meeting. The time of the actual alarm had to be confused so much that they could boldly place it at 22:00, the time of the Smith sighting. Therefore Kate's screaming from the balcony. But this was not enough. A completely independent witness had to give Gerry an alibi at the exact time of the abduction. The only independent witness that night had been Jeremy Wilkins and the time Gerry had met him was nowhere near the time of the Smith encounter. But it had to do... Poor Jane Tanner had to tell the police of her sighting of the abductor at the exact same time she had also seen Gerry and Jez talking together. In order to make her "vision" less obvious Gerry placed his meeting with Jez at the other side of the road further down. This made way for Jane's sighting, would explain why Jez did not see her and would also purport the theory that 3 witnesses never completely agree in their statements. The fact that the poor abductor had to wander the streets of Praia da Luz in search for the sea for 45 minutes was a fact the police should rack their brains about. Matthew's badly concocted statement about his visit in 5A served as additional “evidence“ that she was taken away between Gerry's and Matthew's check, thus by Jane's egg-man.

From: https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2588-theory?highlight=Theory

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 12:56

@ Tigger 

It's indeed not the register of calls received at the GNR that is added tot the files, the register was going to be sent to the court at a later time. I'd read that as "here's our operator's log, the official log of the other end follows". 
But it can easily be some other log, from the resort or from a local operator. 

"As regards the missing information, the register of calls received, this will be sent as soon as it is made available by our technical services, from whom we have requested this with maximum urgency."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CALLS_TO_GNR.htm

Thing is, there's multiple witnesses, I've only quoted a couple of them, stating that on average by 9:30 pm or so, there was already a Maddie missing. Nothing seems what it seems.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 19.02.14 15:28

MarcoG wrote:@ Tigger 

It's indeed not the register of calls received at the GNR that is added tot the files, the register was going to be sent to the court at a later time. I'd read that as "here's our operator's log, the official log of the other end follows". 
But it can easily be some other log, from the resort or from a local operator. 

"As regards the missing information, the register of calls received, this will be sent as soon as it is made available by our technical services, from whom we have requested this with maximum urgency."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CALLS_TO_GNR.htm

Thing is, there's multiple witnesses, I've only quoted a couple of them, stating that on average by 9:30 pm or so, there was already a Maddie missing. Nothing seems what it seems.

I know, there may well have been earlier calls - perhaps not necessarily to the same police station. That's why I. Posted the above clip - incidentally, I don't agree with death and hiding a body on the 3rd. Apart from a myriad of reasons, Gerry isn't one who can cope in emergencies, he loses it big time.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 17:07

Yes, lots of possible reasons to panic that night it seems. I must say I got to this subject and spent too much attention and time on it, because I'd read "the unfortunate accident theory" as being the simplest thus probable theory of what happened, which had struck me as illogical, but still generally accepted as true by people who followed this case.

For instance on the blog of Pat Brown, who poses the clue for an accident to have happened to be a hasty, panicky staged abduction, with neglect, deducted from the tapasstories of the third as a basis for the motive.

I am convinced neglect on the third, even earlier is very doubtful, and as I say and you I believe in old threads showed, panic is not a strong clue for a hastily set up concealment of death. 

Somebody made the #$@%^up of the century.

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 19.02.14 17:41

It all seems to have gone quite badly wrong, but is that (partly) because the plan was for a faked abduction of an alive and well (if heavily sedated) Madeleine. A theory that someone else put forward on another thread to which I have added my own theory along similar lines?

A faked abduction could follow almost exactly the McCann version of events. The only adjustment required being the identity of the abductors. This theory would tie in much better with the McCann script which they stick to doggedly.

If Madeleine is 'abducted' alive and well it all makes a lot more sense. The Fund, the public sympathy, the world-wide sightings, the ambassador for children roles, the plight of the parents of abducted children and so on. An alive and well abducted Madeleine keeps the money-go-round spinning and allows for the possibility of a miraculous 're-appearance' of Madeleine at a future date, with all the fan-fare associated with it. (It also allows for her 'mystery disappearance for ever' should the plan go wrong.)

While there are logistical complications inherent in kidnapping and hiding someone, it is not impossible and there are many cases where people have been found years later. Madeleine could have taken almost anywhere and been given a new identity. Amaral seemed to suggest that the McCanns considered handing over Madeleine's care to relatives. A faked abduction would (from the McCann point of view) not only hand over Madeleine's 'care' to someone else but would have the added advantage of getting money rolling into a Fund to Find Madeleine. 

Why hand over Madeleine to other people for free when you could hand her over and make a shed-load of money into the bargain?

It could also - if they got away with it - keep the McCanns in a positive light, with a possible happy 'reunion'. Or at least managing to frame someone else at some stage.

Although a serious crime, a faked abduction (motivated by greed) is not as serious as an abduction faked to cover up a death. Either way, the fund was fraudulent. And either way, the motivation was greed.

I think it was a premeditated faked abduction but something happened to Madeleine in the previous few days that meant a change of plan. An accident or mishap occurred and the plan had to  be revised at the last minute.

Once the accident or mishap occurred, the McCanns had no option but to continue with the script - to have admitted to the accident would have revealed too big a can of worms (heavy drugging of children/injury/possible molestation).

So the faked abduction went ahead, only Maddie was either already dead or very ill/dying.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 18:19

@j.rob wrote:It all seems to have gone quite badly wrong, but is that (partly) because the plan was for a faked abduction of an alive and well (if heavily sedated) Madeleine. A theory that someone else put forward on another thread to which I have added my own theory along similar lines?

A faked abduction could follow almost exactly the McCann version of events. The only adjustment required being the identity of the abductors. This theory would tie in much better with the McCann script which they stick to doggedly.

If Madeleine is 'abducted' alive and well it all makes a lot more sense. The Fund, the public sympathy, the world-wide sightings, the ambassador for children roles, the plight of the parents of abducted children and so on. An alive and well abducted Madeleine keeps the money-go-round spinning and allows for the possibility of a miraculous 're-appearance' of Madeleine at a future date, with all the fan-fare associated with it. (It also allows for her 'mystery disappearance for ever' should the plan go wrong.)

While there are logistical complications inherent in kidnapping and hiding someone, it is not impossible and there are many cases where people have been found years later. Madeleine could have taken almost anywhere and been given a new identity. Amaral seemed to suggest that the McCanns considered handing over Madeleine's care to relatives. A faked abduction would (from the McCann point of view) not only hand over Madeleine's 'care' to someone else but would have the added advantage of getting money rolling into a Fund to Find Madeleine. 

Why hand over Madeleine to other people for free when you could hand her over and make a shed-load of money into the bargain?

It could also - if they got away with it - keep the McCanns in a positive light, with a possible happy 'reunion'. Or at least managing to frame someone else at some stage.

Although a serious crime, a faked abduction (motivated by greed) is not as serious as an abduction faked to cover up a death. Either way, the fund was fraudulent. And either way, the motivation was greed.

I think it was a premeditated faked abduction but something happened to Madeleine in the previous few days that meant a change of plan. An accident or mishap occurred and the plan had to  be revised at the last minute.

Once the accident or mishap occurred, the McCanns had no option but to continue with the script - to have admitted to the accident would have revealed too big a can of worms (heavy drugging of children/injury/possible molestation).

So the faked abduction went ahead, only Maddie was either already dead or very ill/dying.
Are you on drugs?

Back to top Go down

planned abduction went wrong

Post by travis macbickle on 19.02.14 18:43

dantezebu wrote:
@j.rob wrote:It all seems to have gone quite badly wrong, but is that (partly) because the plan was for a faked abduction of an alive and well (if heavily sedated) Madeleine. A theory that someone else put forward on another thread to which I have added my own theory along similar lines?

Are you on drugs?
he,s got previous!

travis macbickle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 20:05

personally enjoy j.robs posts and find that he is quite observant usually but this seems a bit off the wall for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 19.02.14 22:26

But why?! There appears to be a large body of opinion that the McCanns faked an abduction. 

Why is it so outrageous to suggest that the plan was for Madeleine to be abducted alive? 

They wouldn't be the first parents who had faked an abduction of their child and tried to financially benefit from it (Shannon Matthews, for instance - in fact, they got the idea from the McCanns  big grin .

There are flaws to the theory that the abduction was faked to cover up an accident. One of which is that there appears to be a level of pre-meditation to the abduction, suggesting that wheels were in motion prior to the trip.

If the reason for the faked abduction was an unexpected accident or someone lashed out on the spur of the moment then, by definition, there would not be any premeditation to what happened. The parents panicked and the best thing they could think of was to pretend Madeleine had been abducted.

But if it really was just an accident or someone lashing out then bitterly regretting it, why go to such great lengths to hide it? Why not just put hands up?

There must have been more for them to hide....or there was, as I said, another plan that went wrong and had to be modified.

Why would anyone want to abduct a dead child? It doesn't fit with the McCann story line. Which means that, if and when it comes out that they knew all along that Madeleine was dead, they have boxed themselves into the worst possible situation.

And why would they have done this? Why take the risk?

Because they had a 'bigger agenda'.......a 'longer term campaign'.......a 'marketing ploy'.......

....but it didn't go to plan.

But they couldn't back down because to do so would have exposed  too big a can of worms.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 22:30

Uhm .. the dogs ... ?

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 19.02.14 22:33

Which is why the McCanns have to go on and on about their belief that Madeleine could still be alive.....that there is no evidence she has come to any harm (which is complete rubbish when you consider that they themselves thought she had been abducted by a paedophile ring - plus the evidence of the cadaver scent in the apartment.) They simply had no other avenue to pursue. 

They can hardly pretend that the Fund was set up to find a dead body, can they, even though the way they behaved from the very beginning was strongly suggestive of parents who thought their child would never be found/was dead. Portugese detectives clocked this from day one.

Take a look at some recent photos of them. They look like people who know that the game is up. They were so arrogant they thought they could get away with some hair-brained scheme. It has back-fired dramatically and I am afraid the rats will go down with the ship.

I would personally be extremely concerned for the welfare of the twins.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 19.02.14 22:35

Châtelaine wrote:Uhm .. the dogs ... ?
Yes - the abduction did not go to plan. It had been intended that she would be abducted alive but something happened to thwart that plan. She did die in the apartment, or at least her body was place in the apartment at some stage. But that is not what the McCAnns had intended.

You know - criminals sometimes get things wrong.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 22:37

After all that's happened, whatever it may be, the welfare of the twins is on my mind too ...

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 19.02.14 22:52

@j.rob wrote:

Certainly your suppliers have, they've obviously mixed up some hallucinatory tablets with that batch of E's they sold you. big grin

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 23:02

You must be one of the most humoured members here ...
Not  big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 20.02.14 9:27

@diatribe wrote:
@j.rob wrote:

Certainly your suppliers have, they've obviously mixed up some hallucinatory tablets with that batch of E's they sold you. big grin
Oh don't be pathetic. Wasn't that someone else's childish little quip.....can't even come up with one of your own.

How do you account for the seeming level of premeditation if it was just an awful accident that went wrong? 

It's perfectly feasible that Madeleine was meant to be alive AT LEAST AT THE TIME OF ABDUCTION. What ever the plan was for after that, one may speculate on all sorts of things - there are a number of possibilities.

If Madeleine had been alive at the time of abduction (but sedated) they could very well have got away with it as the only real 'evidence' against them is the scent of a corpse in their apartment.

And that evidence could not have happened  (but heavily sedated) when 'abducted.''

The plan did not go to plan.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 20.02.14 9:27

Châtelaine wrote:You must be one of the most humoured members here ...
Not  big grin 

Did you say honored member - thanks for the complement!!! big grin  big grin  big grin

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 20.02.14 9:28

dantezebu wrote:

Are you on drugs?
Does tea count?! big grin

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum