The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Post by Guest on 18.02.14 7:08

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/365974/Portuguese-police-are-bungling-the-hunt-for-Madeleine-McCann-say-Brit-detectives

Is this photo from early/later edition?

I have to ask why have they chosen  one of the deeply disturbing photos of Madeleine to go along side their story?

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 18.02.14 7:13

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
I recall reading on this forum that, such is her colossal vanity, Kate claimed there'd be rioting in the streets of Britain if she was arrested in Portugal, but it seems to me to be far more likely there'll be riots if Grange proves to be no more than one of the most expensive whitewashes in criminal history.

Given the general apathy of the public, I doubt there would more than a concentrated flurry of outraged online posting in the event of a whitewash.  The evidence so far suggests that neither will happen, rather that the case will just fade away with a bland official SY summary along the lines of: "The evidence points to an abduction by person or persons in the area at the time. There are strong suspicions about Tractorman / Gypsies / Burglars, however, there is insufficient evidence to prosecute anyone of anything."  

Basically something that counter-balances the original PJ summary and lets the McCanns sail away forever into the sunset - keeping the fund alive to support a never-ending 'search', and popping up in the papers from time to time to boost their profile.  All UK political reputations kept intact. Case Closed.  

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but evidence to the contrary is hard to find.

I agree, its the never ending story,with so much to give and so much more money to make !!!
jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 18.02.14 7:15

Cherry Blossom wrote:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/365974/Portuguese-police-are-bungling-the-hunt-for-Madeleine-McCann-say-Brit-detectives

I have to ask why have they chosen  one of the deeply disturbing photos of Madeleine to go along side their story?

Yes, one of the ones I find very disturbing: this is not a toddler, but 'a little woman' make up and all, most of all that insecure smile. Imo not knowing what is expected of her.
Bless you Maddie.

I'd say she' s. at least three there.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by watendlath on 18.02.14 7:15

A source close to the inquiry told the Daily Star:
This is not a game. A little girl's life may be at stake.

As has been pointed out a number of times, if either police force had the slightest hope that Madeleine is still alive then no way would this lunacy in the media be allowed.
watendlath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.02.14 7:19

@tigger wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:

Yes, one of the ones I find very disturbing:  this is not a toddler, but 'a little woman'  make up and all, most of all that insecure smile. Imo not knowing what is expected of her.
Bless you Maddie.

I'd say she' s. at least three there.

Your comments are so true tigger, yes I'd say at least three.

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 18.02.14 7:52

@watendlath wrote:
A source close to the inquiry told the Daily Star:
This is not a game. A little girl's life may be at stake.

As has been pointed out a number of times, if either police force had the slightest hope that Madeleine is still alive then no way would this lunacy in the media be allowed.

I agree and this is one of the reasons I believe that none of the nonsense in the press has come from NSY, it is pure speculation and fabrication. If the information was coming from NSY they would, at the very least, be seen to be negligent, something that could bring about an investigation into the conduct of the officers involved.

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 18.02.14 8:03

Now it's PORTO who are bungling the case, first it was the PJ they were complaining about.

How comes neither have been sued then? Oh they haven't made loads of money on a book.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marxman on 18.02.14 8:08

Ah well, as many posters had predicted such garbage spewing from British
tabloids, IMO, and I might be jumping the gun, this maybe a classic and
tactical legal strategy in preparation for extradition wrangling coming soon.
What better way to prevent extraditing British subjects, than to portray the
police of that country seeking extradition as bungling corrupt and an unjust
shower of amateurs, etc, etc. The British public will love it, and will no doubt
swallow this garbage hook, line and sinker.
I hope I'm wrong.......

marxman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 18.02.14 8:10

I sincerely hope I a wrong but I can't help but think SY are under orders to pin this on someone, anyone, and are trying to make the Portugese waste time and resources to achieve this, and the Portugese want to haul in the whole Tapas mob, which is where the only indications lie and where they were heading originally, but are being blocked. Speculation only, of course, but I cannot see any other scenario at present.

What I wouldn't give to read Extons report right now.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 18.02.14 8:11

If it is CM leaking these stories then that means the original tractor man story came from him
If Portugal are pursuing this line of enquiry then CM is leaking their info not SYs as SY are not 
Going down that road. 
So does this mean TM are more keen to follow that way of thinking ie tractorman than anything SY are investigating ie smith sighting?

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 18.02.14 8:18

Marxman, unfortunately the public is believing the portuguese cops made mistakes, even though they're not sure what kind of mistakes! It's what I keep hearing, and fed up of it.

They just don't want to know anyway. They WANT to believe the portuguese are useless.

Now if they had made mistakes, why would they make mistakes, if they had to put the PJ FILES ONLINE for everyone to read!

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 18.02.14 8:22

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:I sincerely hope I a wrong but I can't help but think SY are under orders to pin this on someone, anyone, and are trying to make the Portugese waste time and resources to achieve this, and the Portugese want to haul in the whole Tapas mob, which is where the only indications lie and where they were heading originally, but are being blocked. Speculation only, of course, but I cannot see any other scenario at present.

What I wouldn't give to read Extons report right now.

McCann detectives Metodo 3 had the Portuguese police on a wild goose chase, asking them to interview certain people and coming up with leads that diverted them from their own investigation.  You really wouldn't expect that sort of behaviour from NSY but then, there has been corruption at the yard before and of course, the review must be carried out to liking of the woman who requested it, else they May all end up on the front pages of the press.  Brooks has a lot to answer for.

Given that the Portuguese Police had difficulties working with UK police in 2007, when documents and other evidence was withheld, it's fully understandle that the PJ would not want NSY involved.
sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 18.02.14 8:45

@Cristobell wrote:

SY cannot control negative stories about themselves, let alone those about a foreign police force. I also tend to think that if the Portuguese police were being asked to waste their time carrying out ridiculous enquiries about random gypsies, burglars and tractormen, they would protest.  They have already been dragged through the mire by the McCanns and the British press, they won't let them do it again.  
OK, I suggest that what is happening is that Scotland Yard is coming up with the names of possible suspects, not the PJ.

That is why, e.g., there is apparently a team of six British detectives occupying an office in Faro.

The rogatory letters are about interviewing these possible suspects/persons of interst etc.

The Portuguese Police have said on the record that, as per international protocol, they will conduct the interviews, they will provide translators etc.

I may be wrong, but I interpret all the signals as suggesting that the Portuguese are co-operating very unwillingly with this process. They are only doing so because they have to.

Hence the leak to Correia da Manha pointing out that the PJ had not yet actioned the second rogatory letter, forcing Redwood to issue a third. I think this leak is to cause deliberate embarrassment to Redwood. Hence the 'bungling cops' response - which I believe was directed by Redwood in frustration.

Never in criminal history, so far as I am aware, has a police force given repeated advance warnings, e.g. to the 'three burglars', that they might be under suspicion and face arrest.

If there was the perfect co-operation that some on here are suggsting - maybe just wishful thinking - the three burglars would have been swooped on at 5am, as is customary with arresting susepcts, and interviewed under caution, months ago.

There is 'bad blood' between the two police forces, and they are sniping at each other via the newspapers in their respective countries

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.02.14 8:50

Don't forget this is the Daily Star we are talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 18.02.14 9:12

A little girl's life may be at stake?
If this "source" thinks  PJ hunting "wrong" suspect(Tractorman),why would the girls life at stake?
This guy died 5 years ago,I'am confused.
NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 18.02.14 9:16

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
Given the general apathy of the public, I doubt there would more than a concentrated flurry of outraged online posting in the event of a whitewash.  The evidence so far suggests that neither will happen, rather that the case will just fade away with a bland official SY summary along the lines of: "The evidence points to an abduction by person or persons in the area at the time. There are strong suspicions about Tractorman / Gypsies / Burglars, however, there is insufficient evidence to prosecute anyone of anything."  
If that is the objective, and despite what I'm about to write I do share your concern that it may be, then why drag it out? We'd have heard the summary you suggest already. Instead we got a statement that the review was upgraded to an investigation. Why bother upgrading given the apathy and gullibility of the majority of the public? I really can't see any reason for the government to allow it to go on this long if the intention was to whitewash it.

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on 18.02.14 9:39

If Clarence is reading this thread he can feel rightly proud of the effect his work has. Proof that he really does earn his ongoing money from The Fund.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 18.02.14 9:43

Haven't caught up with the thread, but no doubt someone has already posted that there were no Sunday headlines and probably made up for it with this.   BORING.   shutup

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cass7 on 18.02.14 10:00

e uk is flooded - there are poor familys away from their homes - there will be shit and unmentionables floating in the streets - and the star come up with this headline - i would amagine anyone that is flooded will cry as im sick of seeing these headlines - mistakes were made by the uk police and the pj they will learn from this - i have always had the utter respect for the police and i amagine most of the lawabiding people of portugal and the uk will have too - what these headlines say to me is that the press are trying to press the buttons of both forces to get a reaction and a bit of mud slinging - norty - i hope with all my heart that they are working together side by side and getting on with the job in hand - work in silence  for a better word - i mean it is becoming stupid now - oh we have robbers - gypsys - etc etc that we want to quiz - has anyone ever been given the heads up that they are on a wanted list ?both pj and sy will want their respect back and if at all possible they will crack the case - a little girl left the uk never to return and choose what has been printed before - NOBODY knows what is going on NOBODY thats the way it should be - and until i see sy and the pj side by side on tv making a statement of we have tried and we close the case - or we have arrested bl;a bla - the rest is here say
cass7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 18.02.14 10:04

@gbwales wrote:If Clarence is reading this thread he can feel rightly proud of the effect his work has. Proof that he really does earn his ongoing money from The Fund.

Aye gbwales, very much so.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 18.02.14 10:12

@AndyB wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:
If that is the objective, and despite what I'm about to write I do share your concern that it may be, then why drag it out? We'd have heard the summary you suggest already. Instead we got a statement that the review was upgraded to an investigation. Why bother upgrading given the apathy and gullibility of the majority of the public? I really can't see any reason for the government to allow it to go on this long if the intention was to whitewash it.

I'm not sure the objective ever was to whitewash it.  I think Cameron genuinely believed there was a chance that SY could crack the case. SY didn't offer or volunteer. They were instructed to do it.  By now SY know that there is no chance of that and yet are obliged to see it through to the end. They are being paid to do it, and getting some nice trips too.  CW proved that no breakthrough will happen and SY are not allowed to go after the McCann.  

So the end I suggest is just a logical one to a case that should never have been reopened in the first place. It could take months though because of the inbuilt delays of the ILR process.
Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 18.02.14 10:15

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:

SY cannot control negative stories about themselves, let alone those about a foreign police force. I also tend to think that if the Portuguese police were being asked to waste their time carrying out ridiculous enquiries about random gypsies, burglars and tractormen, they would protest.  They have already been dragged through the mire by the McCanns and the British press, they won't let them do it again.  
OK, I suggest that what is happening is that Scotland Yard is coming up with the names of possible suspects, not the PJ.

That is why, e.g., there is apparently a team of six British detectives occupying an office in Faro.

The rogatory letters are about interviewing these possible suspects/persons of interst etc.

The Portuguese Police have said on the record that, as per international protocol, they will conduct the interviews, they will provide translators etc.

I may be wrong, but I interpret all the signals as suggesting that the Portuguese are co-operating very unwillingly with this process. They are only doing so because they have to.

Hence the leak to Correia da Manha pointing out that the PJ had not yet actioned the second rogatory letter, forcing Redwood to issue a third
. I think this leak is to cause deliberate embarrassment to Redwood. Hence the 'bungling cops' response - which I believe was directed by Redwood in frustration.

Never in criminal history, so far as I am aware, has a police force given repeated advance warnings, e.g. to the 'three burglars', that they might be under suspicion and face arrest.

If there was the perfect co-operation that some on here are suggsting - maybe just wishful thinking - the three burglars would have been swooped on at 5am, as is customary with arresting susepcts, and interviewed under caution, months ago.

There is 'bad blood' between the two police forces, and they are sniping at each other via the newspapers in their respective countries.
As I thought I'd explained some pages back, the police have no power to issue rogatories or international letters of request to other countries, Tony, and if any ILORs have been issued they will not have come from Redwood or bear his signature or that of any of his superior officers, or the Home Secretary for that matter.  NB: I use the word 'superior' advisedly.   

If '3 burglars' were of interest to the PJ or SY, I have no doubt they would be apprehended and questioned in accordance with Portuguese law  - and we would not know about it until after the event.

Other than that which has clearly been manufactured by TM's various 'media management' specialists both in the UK and in Portugal, I see nothing to suggest there is 'bad blood' between the police forces.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 18.02.14 10:17

Cass7 - good point about the floods.   lt was reported yesterday that Cameron has pledged 10 million to help businesses across the whole country who will go under if they do not receive help.    10 million quid between the whole country and yet there has been at least 7 million spent already on SY investigation.   None of it makes any sense to me, especially as the general public haven't got a clue as to how the money is being spent.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 18.02.14 10:17

Z
@AndyB wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:

The question that still needs answering is why did Portugal re-open the case ?

Their reported reluctance to entertain the tractorman/burglar  stories suggest they have a different opinion.

What is that ?  We have been told previously substantial new evidence would be required in order to re-commence an investigation in Portugal.  Either that goalpost has moved or the Portugese review team found sufficient reason.

That is what I would be interested to know, what is the basis for the Portugese investigation.  This latest story tells us it is something other than the pink bull printed in recent weeks.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cass7 on 18.02.14 10:22

the internet is a wonderful thing - who would have thought that 7 years on this case would still be front page news - imo they have to try to find the truth -NOBODY is bigger than this case being solved or at least trying to solve this - why should portugal reopen this case to yet again have mud slung at them - it has hurt them too much - start from the very min that madeleine walked off the plane till the day the mcanns and friends left for the uk - we dont know why portugal reopened the case but i hope it was because of something new - would they cave into pressure by the uk ? many people have been hurt by this - dead people named - oc staff blamed and on and on - how many sightings ? how many little girls given dna to proove they are not madeleine - no imo they are both working together to stop this - someone is going to get hurt by this - dont forget mathews case and others since 2007 - a lot has changed
cass7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum