The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MADDIE:  COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14 - Page 22 Mm11

MADDIE:  COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14 - Page 22 Regist10

MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MADDIE:  COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14 - Page 22 Empty Re: MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Post by marconi on 20.02.14 23:37

Ì repeat: If BHH talked about murdering, that they have the name of the suspects and about disappearance, the Yard is already very far.
By the way, I think that the Yard was already much further when they started the review. I remember an article on McCannfiles(2011) where an officer said: "We want to prove something that we believe that happened".
MY theory: they knew she was dead, probably victim a crime and they wanted to prove it.
Is the 3rd letter asking for extradition?
We have to trust the Met.
marconi

Back to top Go down

MADDIE:  COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14 - Page 22 Empty Re: MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Post by Guest on 20.02.14 23:53

Going back a few weeks. - could the two lines of enqiry be the 'disappearance' and the fund? Would like to think so but then BHH's show of support for the parents makes me despair.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 20.02.14 23:55

ultimaThule wrote:

I can easily imagine diatribe 'rudely' interrupting BHH and just as easily imagine him ranting into the end of his telephone without realising that his rudeness had caused the plug to be pulled on his call within 2 seconds of his interruption - one of those 'o dear, we seem to have lost diatribe and now on to the next caller' moments which are not uncommon on live radio. MADDIE:  COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14 - Page 22 5251MADDIE:  COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14 - Page 22 110921

There may conceivably be a school of thought that would subscribe to diplomacy and politeness not being my strongest attributes.
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 21.02.14 0:01

chilli wrote:Going back a few weeks. - could the two lines of enqiry be the 'disappearance' and the fund? Would like to think so but then BHH's show of support for the parents makes me despair.
chilli, don't despair, please.  The police have no other choice than to supporting the parents who will be considered guilty after a trial, after being convicted.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 21.02.14 0:04

@mouse wrote:
@justathought wrote:
@mouse wrote:
@Ladyinred wrote:Interesting, gbwales.  So he was baiting BHH?  If so, all is forgiven.
Don't be taken in by NCampbell Ladyinred - as I said earlier in this thread - he is a long time supporter of Team Mccann. Has appeared at events (I think a charity do up in london all held to benefit the Mccanns) and is very friendly with Jim Gamble - mega-supporter of Team Mccann. I think you'll find he was just being his usual self cutting off anybody who may not share his opinion, and is prone to do this mainly to women callers.

Once again though - well done Ladyinred you sure have more guts than I do - phoning in today. clapping
From JM site, dated 26th Jan 2010
McCanns will throw a fund raising party dinner tomorrow at a plush London restaurant while their detective Dave Edgar declares for the second time that Madeleine is alive in some «rural village» or «lair» (depending on the rent-a-cop imagination) in the Algarve. The 'party' hosted at London's Kensington Roof Gardens will cost a mere £150-a-ticket to attend.

Their guest list is said to include Virgin tycoon Sir Richard Branson, 59, Harry Potter author JK Rowling, 44, and Radio Five's Nicky Campbell, 48, along with the McCanns' backer, Scottish double-glazing tycoon Brian Kennedy, 49. Oh, and the raising of the donations of that night will be divided unequally between 2 missing children registered charities and the McCann's fund, a Limited Company, of which they are directors and from which they are paying Lift Consulting, an image consulting company at about 200 pounds per hour.
JustaThought - thanks for that - thought I didn't dream it. I seem to remember it featuring on TV. Kate dressed up to the nines - Richard Branson's involvement. It all appeared highly inappropriate. But what ever has with this couple?
Mouse
Nothing wrong with your memory!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/27/article-0-080C8E39000005DC-880_468x549.jpg
justathought

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 21.02.14 0:05

@Tony Bennett wrote:

MADDIE:  COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14 - Page 22 Bg8xm00IIAAxqDI

"...but as they live in Portugal, and we are following a completely different line of enquiry from them, we will not be able to talk to these suspects unless they answer our rogatory letters.

And even if we are allowed to talk to them, we'll need to organise translators, and even then it's down to the Portuguese Police to investigate further and, if necessary, arrest and charge them.

It's all so frustrating, maybe I'll have to ring David and Rebekah and tell them we just can't take this any further.

I'm afraid the McCanns' torment is likely to continue for some to to come.

It's such a shame after Redwood and his team of 37.25 detectives have put in so much hard work; 21 separate trips to Portugal and that police force wouldn't budge. They're just not listening to us. It's no use. What's the point? We've got better things to do than to cast our pearls before swine".

- Bernard Hogan-Howe, tonight

He obviously hasn't heard of Ultima's Murder and manslaughter (subsection 9 and 10 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861)
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 21.02.14 0:25

candyfloss wrote:
@gbwales wrote:I just tweeted Nicky Campbell with a link to mccannpjfiles.co.uk saying "Here's 11,200+ pages that say the Portuguese investgation WASN'T rubbish".

He replied "Yes, he didn't bite, did he"

Here is the discussion..............

Babalou ‏@B_balou  · 21m  
@cosyring Don't think ------>>> @NickyAACampbell has read those judging by his despicable comment that the PJ really messed #mccann case up.

Nicky Campbell ‏@NickyAACampbell  · 20 mins  
@B_balou it was a provoking question to BHH not an opinion  ya numpty.

Gareth Bouch ‏@garethbouch  · 33 mins  
@NickyAACampbell Here’s 11,200+ pages that says the Portuguese investigation WASN’T rubbish.
Actual case files:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk

Nicky Campbell ‏@NickyAACampbell  · 33 mins  
@garethbouch yes he didn't bite did he

Amazing, it's great to see that nicky Campbell was just aiming to provoke him and that he knows the contents of the files and supports the findings.it must be thanks to nicky that ladyinred was even able to ask this! The wheels are coming off for the mccanns.
loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 21.02.14 0:56

@loopzdaloop wrote:
Amazing, it's great to see that nicky Campbell was just aiming to provoke him and that he knows the contents of the files and supports the findings.it must be thanks to nicky that ladyinred was even able to ask this! The wheels are coming off for the mccanns.

I think you may have overestimated Mr Campbell.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 21.02.14 7:49

@marconi wrote:
chilli wrote:Going back a few weeks. - could the two lines of enqiry be the 'disappearance' and the fund? Would like to think so but then BHH's show of support for the parents makes me despair.
chilli, don't despair, please.  The police have no other choice than to supporting the parents who will be considered guilty after a trial, after being convicted.

and you know that how?

Oh yes the Cossacks told you.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by SchrodingersBody on 21.02.14 8:56

Having now listened to the interview - it tells us precisely nothing. Those that felt a whitewash is underway will hear enough to maintain their position, and those that think there may be more complexity to the investigation can also see that.
SchrodingersBody

Back to top Go down

Post by marxman on 21.02.14 9:24

@aiyoyo wrote:
@marxman wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
Aiyoyo,
Can I ask why you dont consider it to be a whitewash? I'm looking for something to ease the frustration. Please explain what makes you still believe that justice may prevail.
After reading BHH's words I have no faith in anyone other than the PJ. And I worry that they will end up 'doing as they are told'  as they did back in 2007.

The pace of the investigation shows no urgency therefore they cant be looking for a living and findable child.
To want to whitewash it, it stands to reason there must be a point to it - it must benefit somebody otherwise it serves no purpose.
Try as I did I cant see any motive that will justify white wash at this sort of expense that will sit well with the Public.  
Apart from the Mccanns' sullen name no one else's name was damaged in the saga that would need to be salvaged.
The Mccanns are scot free, no reason to do an elaborated and protracted review to arrive at that objective.
Mccanns are nobodies special that the Police would go all way out to protect their good name.[/quote/

But what if it was a 'white-wash' in slow motion? Hence the snail's pace of
the investigation. Its already been 7 years, what about prolonging it for say
another 7, or 14, so it stays in limbo benefiting nobody but going on and on
without any resolution?

A whitewash in slow motion to what end though?
If it  is to be  whitewash it must have a deadline so that objective can be met, that it serves to benefit, as in to protect someone.  Otherwise might as well leave it in-situ without all this hullabaloo since the lid (if there is one) isn't broken and there's no need to fix what is not broken.
Sitting on the shelf for 6 years inactive is not the same as active manpower and resources-filled, money wasting review just to waste police time to no end purpose.
That what is the whole point of the review?  To achieve what?
I truly believe it is an open-mind review to find out what exactly happened to MBM.  

I hope you are right Aiyoyo, but sometimes I tend to adopt a cynical and
pessimistic view when governments become involved in criminal cases that
test and strain diplomatic and economic relationships between two nations.
As we are now aware, we have two sovereign police services seeking two
separate resolutions, therefore, having two separate and competing agendas.
A whitewash in slow motion, whereby the British establishment prolongs any
deadline in order to strangle Portugal economically and politically. This may
be their objective when Portugal submits to SY's agenda and the case finds
a 'unified' and 'agreeable' resolution. This may take many more years but a
lid would be put on the case.
Again, this is my cynical self, but my optimistic self views Portugal as standing
firm and staying the course with the support of other European member states
and a growing dissatisfaction from the British public.

marxman

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.02.14 9:39

@SchrodingersBody wrote:Having now listened to the interview - it tells us precisely nothing. Those that felt a whitewash is underway will hear enough to maintain their position, and those that think there may be more complexity to the investigation can also see that.
SB, there was one very very important new fact that was confirmed from the lips of the Head of Britain's premier police force, on national radio, namely - and he said it twice - that Scotland Yard and the Portuguese Police are (and presumably have been for years) pursuing different lines of enquiry.

That was a major admission, and is now an inescapable and unarguable fact, whatever conclusions the 'whitewash' and 'justice' brigades on here might come to about the meaning of what he said.

Many of us thought this would all end with Madeleine's disappearance being blamed on a long-dead abductor.

Hogan-Howe has opened up a new avenue for a conclusion: 'we have suspects, but we can't get at them because the Portuguese judicial and police authordities won't let us'.  

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.02.14 10:22

By Dr Martin Roberts

20 February 2014

SADLY OR, SADLY

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 21.02.14 10:29

As all we can do is speculate and analyse what BHH said, this popped out at me.

"the Portuguese police have got a line of enquiry which is different to the Metropolitan Police's but we are working together to try and resolve that erm we're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this quite often their torment gets lost, have they lost a child or, er,by being murdered,or sadly, or, have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.."

"A line of enquiry that is different"    This could mean they too suspect the McCanns but their opinion of what they did and how they did it is different to the PJ ?

"they lost a child or, er,by being murdered,or sadly, or, have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.."  - Does using 'someone else' with 'stealing them' imply that if murder had taken place it wasn't 'someone else' ?  The 'someone else' only goes together with the stealing/abduction myth and this thinking seems to have been revealed in  his words......

..... possibly !
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 21.02.14 10:31

MANY THANKS TO mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts
20 February 2014

SADLY OR, SADLY

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe has spoken, for the benefit of a bewildered public attempting to make sense of the status quo regarding the parallel Portuguese and UK investigations into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann:

"Obviously the Portuguese police have got a line of inquiry which is different to the Metropolitan Police's but we're working together to try and resolve that."

Obviously, Sir Bernard.

In the sense that the Portuguese 'prime suspect' (deceased) is a world away from being any kind of a match to DCI Redwood's favoured e-fits, then Portugal and 'The Yard' do indeed appear to be pursuing different lines of inquiry. There is, however, a disturbing ring of inevitability to the phrase 'obviously', almost as though it would apply regardless. Surely not. Is it even remotely possible that two investigative agencies with a shared purpose would differ quite so markedly in their approaches to the common problem? They are, after all, equipped with an identical context in which to set their endeavours.

We know of course that the approach taken by the Metropolitan Police has been to regress to 'point zero', DCI Redwood having said as much. And that in itself could provoke, shall we say, a difference of opinion – obviously.

But do go on Sir Bernard.

"We're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this, quite often their torment gets lost. Have they lost a child or, errr... by being murdered or... sadly... or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them."

May we please clarify this observation just a little? (There are one or two redundant 'ors')

"Have they lost a child by being murdered or... sadly... have they lost a child by someone else stealing them?"

An interesting question that. Juxtaposed as they are, the child thief and the murderer are clearly not viewed as one and the same. And with only one 'sadly' to go around, kidnap comes across as the more regrettable outcome. If, sadly, Madeleine has been murdered, might not the murderer have been a thief also? A hapless petty criminal, who lashed out simply to silence the shrill alarm of a startled child (always supposing that their intention was to steal something other than an infant)? If such were the case, the fugitive would no doubt have left the body behind, having set off with neither kidnap nor body snatching in mind. Like Jon Benet Ramsay's supposed assailant, he would most likely have bolted empty handed (save for the valuables he came for of course, yet such was his haste he forgot those also).

If Madeleine was murdered by a panicking thief, what happened to her body after he fled the scene? Or if, on the spur of the moment, he decided to remove his victim, perhaps with a view to 'bluffing out' a blackmail attempt (although nothing of the kind has ever been hinted), then it cannot have been Madeleine's frail remains that left their mark for Martin Grime's EVR dog to zero in on. They would not have been there long enough to have done so.

It looks as if the options here are murderer or thief, not thief and murderer. So who besides a thief might have murdered poor Madeleine McCann, Sir Bernard?

"We've generally got to work together. We can't police Portugal, they can't do everything over here; we must work together. So, we're insist... you know, we really can work in genuine partnership on this."

O.k. Sir Bernard. We get it. You wish to insist that the Portuguese follow the Met's lead. That's it isn't it? Could it be, perchance, that the difference between the two investigations resides in the fact that the Portuguese are pursuing a murder inquiry, whereas the Met. have adopted the 'stolen' approach? A discrepancy of that order might also explain perhaps, for the benefit of those who notice such things, why the Portuguese would see themselves as having to 'do everything over here', whilst the Met., as we know from the recent spate of letter writing, cannot police Portugal.

If the Policia Judiciaria were genuinely keen to 'collar' a trio of burglars for having 'stolen' Madeleine McCann (be they Portuguese, Romany, Cap Verde, German, Scandinavian, Moroccan – the list of candidate nationalities is a lengthy one), then it's difficult to see why they should want to do anything 'over here' at all. Unless of course the perpetrators were already numbered among the UK immigrant statistics for the past seven years.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 21.02.14 10:39

@ChippyM wrote:As all we can do is speculate and analyse what BHH said, this popped out at me.

"the Portuguese police have got a line of enquiry which is different to the Metropolitan Police's but we are working together to try and resolve that erm we're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this quite often their torment gets lost, have they lost a child or, er,by being murdered,or sadly, or, have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.."

"A line of enquiry that is different"    This could mean they too suspect the McCanns but their opinion of what they did and how they did it is different to the PJ ?

"they lost a child or, er,by being murdered,or sadly, or, have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.."  - Does using 'someone else' with 'stealing them' imply that if murder had taken place it wasn't 'someone else' ?  The 'someone else' only goes together with the stealing/abduction myth and this thinking seems to have been revealed in  his words......

..... possibly !

.......Possibly Chippy, but he was so gushingly sycophantic about the grieving parents, that I could hear justice tiptoing out of the door in shame.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 21.02.14 10:40

or, have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.."
---------------------------------------------------
stealing THEM? (plural)

stealing 'HER', surely?

Or have the McCanns 'lost' more than one child?  coffee 

Did anyone come up with a reason as to by the 'big boss' at the Met, and ultimately AR's 'boss', should opine, once again, just before another crucial day at the libel trial?

If i wasn't so cynical, i'd say there is a pattern, of behaviour, forming here.

A few days before almost any appearance, by the McCanns, at the libel trial, somebody, connected to either 'funding' the investigation, or involved 'in the investigation' is 'wheeled out' to put their 'spin' on the latest 'developements'.

The last time it was both Theresa May AND BHH..........................'poor TORMENTED parents' etc., iirc.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.02.14 10:47

@jeanmonroe wrote:or, have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.."
---------------------------------------------------
stealing THEM? (plural)

stealing 'HER', surely?

Or have the McCanns 'lost' more than one child?  coffee 

Did anyone come up with a reason as to by the 'big boss' at the Met, and ultimately AR's 'boss', should opine, once again, just before another crucial day at the libel trial?
Because we (= Lady in Red) asked him to?!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 21.02.14 10:49

Cristabell wrote:
"Possibly Chippy, but he was so gushingly sycophantic about the grieving parents, that I could hear justice tiptoing out of the door in shame."
---------------------------------------
That's poetic!  thumbsup 
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 21.02.14 10:52

@jeanmonroe wrote:MANY THANKS TO mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts
20 February 2014

SADLY OR, SADLY

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe has spoken, for the benefit of a bewildered public attempting to make sense of the status quo regarding the parallel Portuguese and UK investigations into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann:

"Obviously the Portuguese police have got a line of inquiry which is different to the Metropolitan Police's but we're working together to try and resolve that."

Obviously, Sir Bernard.

In the sense that the Portuguese 'prime suspect' (deceased) is a world away from being any kind of a match to DCI Redwood's favoured e-fits, then Portugal and 'The Yard' do indeed appear to be pursuing different lines of inquiry. There is, however, a disturbing ring of inevitability to the phrase 'obviously', almost as though it would apply regardless. Surely not. Is it even remotely possible that two investigative agencies with a shared purpose would differ quite so markedly in their approaches to the common problem? They are, after all, equipped with an identical context in which to set their endeavours.

We know of course that the approach taken by the Metropolitan Police has been to regress to 'point zero', DCI Redwood having said as much. And that in itself could provoke, shall we say, a difference of opinion – obviously.

But do go on Sir Bernard.

"We're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this, quite often their torment gets lost. Have they lost a child or, errr... by being murdered or... sadly... or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them."

May we please clarify this observation just a little? (There are one or two redundant 'ors')

"Have they lost a child by being murdered or... sadly... have they lost a child by someone else stealing them?"

An interesting question that. Juxtaposed as they are, the child thief and the murderer are clearly not viewed as one and the same. And with only one 'sadly' to go around, kidnap comes across as the more regrettable outcome. If, sadly, Madeleine has been murdered, might not the murderer have been a thief also? A hapless petty criminal, who lashed out simply to silence the shrill alarm of a startled child (always supposing that their intention was to steal something other than an infant)? If such were the case, the fugitive would no doubt have left the body behind, having set off with neither kidnap nor body snatching in mind. Like Jon Benet Ramsay's supposed assailant, he would most likely have bolted empty handed (save for the valuables he came for of course, yet such was his haste he forgot those also).

If Madeleine was murdered by a panicking thief, what happened to her body after he fled the scene? Or if, on the spur of the moment, he decided to remove his victim, perhaps with a view to 'bluffing out' a blackmail attempt (although nothing of the kind has ever been hinted), then it cannot have been Madeleine's frail remains that left their mark for Martin Grime's EVR dog to zero in on. They would not have been there long enough to have done so.

It looks as if the options here are murderer or thief, not thief and murderer. So who besides a thief might have murdered poor Madeleine McCann, Sir Bernard?

"We've generally got to work together. We can't police Portugal, they can't do everything over here; we must work together. So, we're insist... you know, we really can work in genuine partnership on this."

O.k. Sir Bernard. We get it. You wish to insist that the Portuguese follow the Met's lead. That's it isn't it? Could it be, perchance, that the difference between the two investigations resides in the fact that the Portuguese are pursuing a murder inquiry, whereas the Met. have adopted the 'stolen' approach? A discrepancy of that order might also explain perhaps, for the benefit of those who notice such things, why the Portuguese would see themselves as having to 'do everything over here', whilst the Met., as we know from the recent spate of letter writing, cannot police Portugal.

If the Policia Judiciaria were genuinely keen to 'collar' a trio of burglars for having 'stolen' Madeleine McCann (be they Portuguese, Romany, Cap Verde, German, Scandinavian, Moroccan – the list of candidate nationalities is a lengthy one), then it's difficult to see why they should want to do anything 'over here' at all. Unless of course the perpetrators were already numbered among the UK immigrant statistics for the past seven years.

"O.k. Sir Bernard. We get it. You wish to insist that the Portuguese follow the Met's lead. That's it isn't it? Could it be, perchance, that the difference between the two investigations resides in the fact that the Portuguese are pursuing a murder inquiry, whereas the Met. have adopted the 'stolen' approach?"

Precisely my thoughts, Dr Roberts! thumbup 

Except I believe there are 2 Portuguese teams investigating Maddie's disappearance, and the Met are (sort of) liaising with one of them, but the original team are not sharing information, and are still investigating the McCanns.   Too bad for the bully boys!

imo
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 21.02.14 11:03

@Mirage wrote:Cristobell wrote:
"Possibly Chippy, but he was so gushingly sycophantic about the grieving parents, that I could hear justice tiptoing out of the door in shame."
---------------------------------------
That's poetic!  thumbsup 
Poetic and spot on!
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrincha on 21.02.14 11:06

Imo - expect nothing from the PJ until after the libel trial verdict – after that it might be a very different story
Garrincha

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 21.02.14 11:16

@Cristobell wrote:

.......Possibly Chippy, but he was so gushingly sycophantic about the grieving parents, that I could hear justice tiptoing out of the door in shame.  

I really didn't get that in the interview Cristobell. There didn't seem to be much emotion in his voice as I would expect if he genuinely thought of the McCanns bein innocent parents of a murdered child. IMO it just sounded like he was paying lip service to the general public (and technically official view), of the McCann's as innocent parents. I thought this was as to be expected from a police representative - don't give too much away and don't confirm either of the possibilities in the case more than the other.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 21.02.14 11:21

@ChippyM wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:

I really didn't get that in the interview Cristobell. There didn't seem to be much emotion in his voice as I would expect if he genuinely thought of the McCanns bein innocent parents of a murdered child. IMO it just sounded like he was paying lip service to the general public (and technically official view), of the McCann's as innocent parents. I thought this was as to be expected from a police representative - don't give too much away and don't confirm either of the possibilities in the case more than the other.
The balloon releasing BHH never misses an opportunity to promote the agony and torment of the parents.  One could be forgiven for thinking that's his main objective!  violin
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 21.02.14 11:35

Following on from Sir BHH's comments yesterday, it seems SY are waiting for the Portuguese to action the ILRs.

If the PJ are following a different line of enquiry, should we to assume that they are sending ILRs to Scotland Yard, and are they co-operating?

As it stands, it appears no-one, not the 37 homicide detectives, nor the PJ are re-interviewing any of the main players closest to Madeleine. The McCanns and the Tapas friends did not take part in any of the reconstructions, most particularly the British one and the Portuguese one. If any of them have been re-interviewed or are going to be, we haven't heard so much as a whisper.

For now the word is the McCanns and the Tapas friends are not suspects, and SY are not only prepared to exonerate them completely, it seems they are not going to bother them with anymore irritating questions.

It would appear we are hurtling towards another stalemate and possibly a diplomatic incident. From a whitewash perspective, a stalemate could work and once again, the Portuguese will be the bad guys. That is worst case scenario of course.

The PJ however, are not stupid, in fact going by what we have seen so far, they tower above the British counterparts. They shelved the case in 2008 because it couldn't go any further without the co-operation of the parents and their friends. In re-opening the investigation, they must have something that allows them to bypass the McCanns and the Tapas group and it must have been substantial enough for the Portuguese Government to give the go ahead. These are extremely difficult economic times and throwing money at an investigation that has no hope of conclusion would be political suicide.

I still believe there will be justice, though perhaps not in the way we might have hoped. If the British are determined to clear the McCanns, they will not be handing them over to the Portuguese when the question of extradition rears its head, and that is where I foresee the years and years of delay. However, it won't be happy ever after for Kate and Gerry, they will never get the official declaration of innocence that they crave, nor will they get the public donating as they did in 2007. They have their own particular hell - the paparazzi have moved on.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum