The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Post by Guest on 17.02.14 22:11

Tomorrow Star.............maddie cops at war!!

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Post by HelenMeg on 17.02.14 22:15

Just to sell newspapers

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 17.02.14 22:20

Another case of "a source close to the UK inquiry".  Not worth the paper it is written on!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on 17.02.14 22:22

Let me guess... This "source" is closer to the family than to the inquiry.
Yet another desperate attempt to derail things. Must be really nervous....

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 17.02.14 22:28

"wrong suspect". Mr
NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 17.02.14 22:33

I don't know if this has been posted, so I will post it here:

Madeleine McCann Suspect Euclides Monteiro Innocent, Claims Widow

The widow of the prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann case has defended her late husband and insisted "I'd have turned him in if he did it."
Police in Portugal questioned Luisa Rodrigues, 40, about what her Euclides Lopes Monteiro may have known of Madeleine's disappearance from a holiday resort in Praia da Luz in 2007.
Officers suspected Monteiro because he was a convicted burglar who was in the resort around the time Madeleine, aged three at the time, was taken from her hotel room in one of the world's most famous missing person cases.
Monterio was killed in a tractor accident two years after she vanished.
Rodrigues was quizzed by two police officers about Monterio in her home village of Lagos, 15 minutes from Praia da Luz.
"I know Euclides didn't take Madeleine. He came out of prison a changed man. He had made an honest life for himself and was a good and caring father and companion," she told the Mirror.
"If I thought he had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance I would have been the first to turn him in.
"I wouldn't have been able to live with myself for keeping something like that secret. I know he is innocent."
"I know in my heart he is innocent. It's very easy to blame someone who can't defend themselves any more.
"My husband was no angel but he would never be capable of committing such a terrible crime."
Monterio worked at the Ocean Club complex where Madeleine's parents Gerry and Kate booked their holiday. They had faced accusations of being negligent in leaving their children alone in their room while the adults had dinner nearby.
"[The police] asked me many questions, including where we had lived as a couple, where Euclides had worked over the years, what he was like as a person and if he had problems with drink and drugs.
"They also asked where he was the night Madeleine disappeared and if I had noticed any changes in him afterwards.
"It's a long time ago, but I'm sure he would have been at home watching TV. That's what he always did after work."
A Scotland Yard investigation was "moving forward", said the Metropolitan Police, with three suspects in officers' sights. Officers from Britain and Portugal are collaborating in the case.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/madeleine-mccann-suspect-euclides-monteiro-innocent-claims-widow-1436827

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey on 17.02.14 22:34

Been chasing Gerry have they?????????
Hongkong Phooey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 17.02.14 22:37

Another story from a source, a source who believes a little girl's life may be at stake. I think if Scotland Yard really believed this there would be some urgency to their investigation and the Crimewatch program would have focused on the age progressed picture.

I think we can read 'the Portuguese have got it wrong' as the 'Portuguese have got it right'.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 17.02.14 22:43

Oh dear. Sigh. Didn't we predict this would be the next story... bumbling Portuguese cops...
You'd think their source would come up with something original instead of recycling that old lame wail from 2007 and 2008.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.14 22:46

Interesting. So the source close to the McCanns is terrified the Portuguese are 'chasing the wrong suspect', is he? I wonder why? shark 

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 17.02.14 22:50

@sallypelt wrote:
"They also asked where he was the night Madeleine disappeared and if I had noticed any changes in him afterwards.

Like had he taken up reading bedtime stories to the new house guest.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 17.02.14 22:50

It's all going according to plan... and this time round the plan is being implemented by intellects far more impressive than that of the wee one and his little pink poodle. 

O to be a fly on the wall of Rothley Towers where the dawn chorus brings the daily fear of a knock on the door.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.14 22:52

@sallypelt wrote:I don't know if this has been posted, so I will post it here:

Madeleine McCann Suspect Euclides Monteiro Innocent, Claims Widow

SNIP

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/madeleine-mccann-suspect-euclides-monteiro-innocent-claims-widow-1436827

This is far more worrying. It would appear, as we have it straight from the horse's mouth, that the PJ really did bother to investigate Tractorman, as they have grilled his widow.

Why on earth would they do that if they are following Amaral's line of thought?

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 17.02.14 22:55

@ultimaThule wrote:

O to be a fly on the wall of Rothley Towers where the dawn chorus brings the daily fear of a knock on the door.
More would be learnt from a bug than a fly.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 17.02.14 22:57

What's the latest on the libel trial?
Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 17.02.14 23:00

In another account it appears that Mrs Monteiro met the 'police officers' by pre-arrangement in a cafe  big grin

But why would it be worrying if the PJ 'bothered to investigate Tractorman' when it would simply be another box ticked, another 'person of interest' ruled out, another tightening of the net that the true supects are caught in, Dee Coy?
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 17.02.14 23:03

@diatribe wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:

More would be learnt from a bug than a fly.
The problem is I'm not on the receiving end of any of the bugs and, as I'm not about to go to Leics to plant my own, I'm left with the proverbial fly scenario.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.14 23:04

DeeCoy has it ever been said that the PJ are following goncalo amarals line of thought? Or do we presume this?
I hope though that both SY and PJ are working from zero and it is just a matter of elimination until they are left with the real perpetrators.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 17.02.14 23:06

@Lance De Boils wrote:What's the latest on the libel trial?
What did your last servant die of, Lance?  sarcastic   You really should check that thread out for yourself but, to save you the bother, the answer is 'nowt'  big grin
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 17.02.14 23:11

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:What's the latest on the libel trial?
What did your last servant die of, Lance?  sarcastic   You really should check that thread out for yourself but, to save you the bother, the answer is 'nowt'  big grin
Just been and looked.  smilie

The question was semi-tongue-in-cheek. With this latest flurry of ridiculous articles, I thought maybe something was afoot.
Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.14 23:13

candyfloss wrote:

You know when you've seen a picture so many times that it becomes completely abstracted and loses all meaning? When I see that photo now all I get in my head is an image of one of those horrible tubular fish with a mouthful of teeth. Is it a Lamprey? Sorry Maddie, and all that, but overexposure has turned you into a fish.

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 17.02.14 23:14

Before l believe any of this shit l want the sources name. Otherwise l will just have to put it down to another pile of rancid clarriebollox.
margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.02.14 23:15

@canada12 wrote:Oh dear. Sigh. Didn't we predict this would be the next story... bumbling Portuguese cops...
Indeed, credit to the person or persons who predicted on this forum just a couple of days ago that this would be the very next story.

But I think there's more than an element of truth in it, because despite the claims on both sides that they are 'working together', all the indications are that the PJ are utterly fed up with the antics of the British government and the British police.

I suggest that this piece has appeared because the Portuguese police are 'not playing ball' with Redwood and his men

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 17.02.14 23:17

Oh, it's arrived then

I have been waiting for the headline "NSY have identified Maddies abductor but cannot make arrests because the Portuguese are not co-operating" and NSY are reluctant to name the suspect because they don't want to alert him whilst waiting for PJ assistance.

McCanns are in the clear and that's the last we hear of it.

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.14 23:22

Bellisa wrote:DeeCoy has it ever been said that the PJ are following goncalo amarals line of thought? Or do we presume this?
I hope though that both SY and PJ are working from zero and it is just a matter of elimination until they are left with the real perpetrators.

It has never been revealed what lines the investigations are taking - I do hope that the Portuguese at least were using the evidence found in the initial investigation, though. My worry is that this has been undermined by the investigation of Tractorman. As you and Ultima assert, though, the more that are ruled out, the more watertight the case against the real perpetrators. It will just take forever.

What is needed is hard evidence against the guilty party, rather than the painstaking elimination of everyone else connected. I know, I know... easier said than done.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum